PDA

View Full Version : SWGEmu Client Development Team

DavinFelth
06-01-2008, 12:27 PM
Hey, I'm DavinFelth, Lead Client Developer and I'm going to tell you a little bit about our aims for the Client Dev team, what we're here for and a few of the things our team has worked on already.

Well first off, I'd say we're like a feature implementation team, alot of the ideas and feature suggestions that can be seen coming out of this site and other sites requires alot of clientside implementation, usually even more than server implementation, our aim is to make features that can be applied to any server that may want them, rather than get our wonderful server devs (:P) to take time out of coding a stable and pre-cu feature rich server to make additional features we've assembled a team of some of the finest SWG client modders this side of uhh... anywhere! *Head grows in size* and we're still on the lookout for more! We can be a bit eccentric but we're all very passionate about the game and about what we do, we love to see the effects of our work ingame and this is even better because we may even get to see other people's reactions!

Anyway, without further ado, here's the rundown of our team with a little blurb from each of us, you can see some examples of projects further down the page:

The Team
DavinFelth (That's me):
Well, I've been playing SWG since pre-cu, can't remember the exact date, I wasn't one of those fancy day one/two people but I wasn't far off :P in pre-cu I played Ranger/Rifleman and loved every minute of it, then when the CU hit I decided to change it up abit with a pistoleer/smuggler combo (Stopping shot ftw!) all the way up to NGE and we all know what happened there, played on Eclipse by the way but I was abit too small time to be noticed :) Been modding since not long after I started the game I think, back in the days when we only had insideSWG to help us out which I know Uli remembers too :D

I personally love working on terrain and worldbuilding and I've recently been working on adding a new instance, adding a sandbox style kashyyyk and I'm also working on some additional interface features. Oh and of course Taanab :)

Uli
Hey all, so I'm Uli started playing SWG offically at the start of 2004, i was in one of the beta's, PreCU I was playing as Mswords/Mdoc then later in CU I became Mpistols/Msquadleader. I started modding a few months after 2004 when i first used InsideSWG and started to move onto more tools such as SWGExplorer.

Projects I been working on recently are, beta interface, new species, vehicles and currently experimenting with new skills and professions.

Aobo
Hi, I'm Aobo, played SWG on euro-infinity since late in Pre-CU where I started on the path to armorsmith, then continued with that into the CU, I'm a lover of JTL and still often play NGE soley for that reason (so sue me :-) ) I have quite abit of experience with modding the client been doing it for awhile and not only with SWG, done modding on a few other games to, I'm not working on anything at the moment but I'm always open to suggestions so until I have a project to work on I'll be doing bits and bobs :-)

DrFeelgood
Hi, I'm DrFeelgood. I started playing SWG on Flurry back when it was first released. (I pre-ordered, so yes, I'm one of those day 1-2 people :P) I was a creature handler most of precu/cu and I stuck with the NGE for awhile just to play JTL. I've been with swgmods.org (formally swgemods.com) since it's creation in July 2006 and with modsource before that, so I'm very experienced in the field of modding swg. My current goals, with the project in the state it is in currently, are to import new weapon/vehicle/ship/etc models (from CU and on)into pre-cu and as we get more tools expand that to things like world building, custom models, and much more.

Project Information
Here's some info on some of the stuff we're working on at the moment!

Sandbox Kashyyyk
Developed from a husk of ugly looking terrain in the RotW patch I've started to develop it into a usable kash that we can all enjoy, of course that's not to say we wont still be working on finding a way to get the Kashyyyk we all know from CU into the Pre-CU client without it being some flat land :P

Some features of the terrain, in the swampy areas of the planet:
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c331/Disryt/Kashyyyk/screenShot0048.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c331/Disryt/Kashyyyk/screenShot0047.jpg

Kachiro's great tree!
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c331/Disryt/Kashyyyk/screenShot0042.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c331/Disryt/Kashyyyk/screenShot0043.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c331/Disryt/Kashyyyk/screenShot0046.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c331/Disryt/Kashyyyk/screenShot0045.jpg

Looking at the last one you can see some gaps in the tree, it's easily fixable, just not done it yet :P

Podracers
Who wants to race around the Mos Espa track in a real podracer? Well, now thanks to Uli, you can! With increased speed (not viewable in the video) you'll be able to relive the moments of Sebulba as he attempts to thrash Anakin Skywalker (or more precisley relive the moments of Gasgano and Mawhonical :P) and set some record times on those tracks!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=192Q34k_Zzg

New Species
Remember those tentacled guys from the Prequels? Nautolans! Well perhaps coming your way is the ability to start as a Nautolan!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl4GiyzAbZ0

Or Perhaps Bith tickles your fancy? :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb27ZjTfwsA

The Future
Well, I'll be trying my best to attend the Q&A this sunday to answer any questions I can so if you want to know anything that'll be a good time :) In the slightly longer run we'll be looking at the various tools that are being released, although the ability to add buildings to planets already exists (as you can see in the kashyyyk screens) this will be made alot easier by Sytner's WS Editor and also we'll hopefully have our lives made easier by some other tools we're going to bully him into making (But I haven't told him that yet :P) We've also got Kyle's CRC tool which again makes things easier, especially in adding items to the game only normally found in future patches I don't want to say we'll be bullying him for tools incase we get attacked by the crafters :P .

Also In the hopefully not too distant future, when the tools become availible to make ingame models we'll be looking for some people to work on modelling and textures for us so look out for that, we've also already got lots of unannounced features in the pipeline, some we've started work on, some we haven't but I don't think you're going to be disappointed, even if you're one of those people who want Pre-CU and nothing else we're going to aim to change your ways when you see some of our projects! So stay tuned and keep helping out on Test Center!

- Davin and the team

Seaseme
06-01-2008, 12:30 PM
First!

And, I'm really excited to see this happening. There's so much cool stuff that can be put in to enhance pre-cu. It's important to say that this will ALL be stuff that is optional for people. The goal is still to emulate pre-cu. These are just some bells and whistles for the people who want them.

Welcome to the team guys :)

Runny
06-01-2008, 12:30 PM
second, awesoem job

Kyle
06-01-2008, 12:39 PM
<3 the Mod team

numa
06-01-2008, 12:43 PM
Great job on the mods guys!

I thought this was an announcement about an open source client. Does anybody know if anyone is working on such? Considering the prevalence of open source 3D engines and the fact that the asset files are standard images and models, it should be doable.

Uli
06-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Its going to be fun to working on new content for the game :)

Namis
06-01-2008, 12:49 PM
whoa you guys rock! :P

Inkanta12-lolz
06-01-2008, 12:52 PM
sexeh ;)

Seaseme
06-01-2008, 01:40 PM
it is very sexeh

Valkyra
06-01-2008, 01:43 PM
Nice Job everyone!

Just don't let Uli annoy ya too much... :P

Feidry
06-01-2008, 01:50 PM
anybody else having trouble with the Veoh player? I can't get it to play anything, first couple seconds run and then it just stops....these vids on youtube?

Seaseme
06-01-2008, 01:53 PM
We're reuploading the videos to YouTube as I type this..

Feidry
06-01-2008, 01:55 PM
We're reuploading the videos to YouTube as I type this..

Awesome, thanks!

Vrej
06-01-2008, 02:05 PM
This update to me means just as much or even more than just any regular update, maybe even more so than crafting.

Because when all is said and done, all the features are in, we will have the old Pre-Cu. The problem with that is that we have done it all already and there won't be that new experience that we all will year for. This will all be seamless because servers can simply require that people download their files before playing, as I am assured all the large ones will have custom launchers.

What these guys are doing is what really is going to attract people back to Pre-Cu to play again. New planets, podracing, new species, new terrains the possibilities are endless. And when people hear about new features being added to their age-old game they will come back in droves to not only live the experience again, but to continue where they left off.

Once again, thank you guys I am greatly looking forward to your updates.

MrBlonde
06-01-2008, 02:10 PM
Great job team. Everything looked awesome. :)

Trekkievger
06-01-2008, 02:32 PM
O...m....g....awesomesause! :D

DavinFelth
06-01-2008, 02:33 PM
Updated with YouTube links. :)

Newsound
06-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Gotta say guys these look pretty sweet! Kashy looks great!I would love to play with a world editor someday.

If pod racers make it in I would like to see them highly customizable and lots of craftable parts.

Great work guys!

goldcrud
06-01-2008, 02:38 PM
Mmmmm awesomely awesome news can't wait to see some of these mods in game :). I myself have always wanted Kashyyk to be an open world you guys are just awesome.

Antisnow
06-01-2008, 02:41 PM
Sexiness! :d

Serpentkaa
06-01-2008, 02:47 PM
Amazing! <3 the new races.

Musicman72
06-01-2008, 02:58 PM
Nautolans! Awesome!!

This is getting better and better. Cant wait for this to be fully playable!!

Zeridian
06-01-2008, 03:09 PM
Sick :cool:.

The game of legends is returning :emperor:

metalhomicide
06-01-2008, 03:15 PM
Holy crap... That's so freaking awesome. I'm completely pumped for this!

Ramsey
06-01-2008, 03:42 PM
Oi, hit me up in IRC. I'll send you the terrain editor source and this swg model exporter.
Awesome job on organizing something like this :)

StormZ
06-01-2008, 03:51 PM
This is all very exciting! I hope you find some more guys to join the team so you all wont have so much on your plate at once. I think we really need a team like this because servers will need to have a steady flow of new content or the game will just get boring after a few years, and having it as optional content is a wise idea.

rekoil
06-01-2008, 03:55 PM
wow.. speachless.

fantastic work guys

Kateb Ibliss
06-01-2008, 04:00 PM
Great work guys. What an awesome idea!

KrazyK9
06-01-2008, 04:01 PM
Nautolans?
Nautolans!
I allways loved those knotty aliens! Finally, some real dreadlock potential... :D

Sytner
06-01-2008, 04:02 PM
Looking good, I like the Kashyyyk sky. :p

..this will be made alot easier by Sytner's WS Editor and also we'll hopefully have our lives made easier by some other tools we're going to bully him into making (But I haven't told him that yet :P)

Mm, I'm going on holiday once the the snapshot and terrain tools are done. ;)

Seaseme
06-01-2008, 04:22 PM
haha

okegima
06-01-2008, 04:36 PM
wow can't wait to see the racepod and kasshyyyk map :)

awsome works

swgemu is on the way to be sooo muccchhh more better then swg vers soe :)

keep going

Kredlanov
06-01-2008, 04:39 PM
excited !!

Any plans for implement AT&T too ? :D (as Multi-passenger vehicle )

Ekaika
06-01-2008, 04:40 PM
Wtf. Just when I think things are flying along, something like this blows the roof off. Its really is amazing how this project has evolved.

/salute

praxi34
06-01-2008, 05:14 PM
Brilliant work guys. I can see this being very, very good.

david665
06-01-2008, 05:38 PM
If pod racers make it in I would like to see them highly customizable and lots of craftable parts.

QF Mother Funglin' E!

This update is heinously unheinous.

Axims
06-01-2008, 05:44 PM
I love you guys :)

Great work!

Kellina
06-01-2008, 05:49 PM
Awesome JOb Guys Keep it up!!

Imperialassasin
06-01-2008, 05:54 PM
I <3 you all i was hoping that some people would enhance the pre-cu, most say not making it exact would ruin it, but they don't know jack $#@$

david665
06-01-2008, 06:10 PM
Adding content isn't changing the game, if the mechanics stay the same.....

Imperialassasin
06-01-2008, 06:13 PM
Adding content isn't changing the game, if the mechanics stay the same.....

I know that's what im saying....those who say what i put my last post are dumb :P

Gulkia
06-01-2008, 06:33 PM
OMG this is freaking awsome! GW mod team :)

Xantar
06-01-2008, 07:23 PM
This is gonna rock. I've been rather surreptitiously mentioning this site to peopel I come across in Supremely Overinflated Egos' (SOE for short) version, and there's more than half of them that are going "hmmm..."

vorta
06-01-2008, 08:18 PM
Well my dreams have come true. I always wanted to MOD the came for some much more. It has so much potential its amazing what you guys have done, simply amazing :)

Herr Schnitzel
06-02-2008, 02:54 AM
I'm a bit afraid of this...
I'm desperately noobish in SWG as it is, without additional content. :D
See, I know NGE sucks, and it turned the game into a game for 10-year-olds, so I didn't even bother playing it. So my first real contact with SWG was with the emulator. Needless to say that I was a bit overwhelmed. Hope there will be a proper tutorial when it's finished... :)

DavinFelth
06-02-2008, 12:37 PM
Updated with some info on the newest member of the team: DrFeelgood! :)

Amitrov_Derinth
06-02-2008, 01:16 PM

I leave the emulator for a couple of months while i waited for crafting to come live... I check this thread first hoping to see surveying up, at least...

Screw Chef, I'm going Master Racer! :)

DrFeelgood
06-02-2008, 04:57 PM
Thanks for the invite Davin. Looking forward to getting more involved in the near future :)

Maximus- Antony
06-02-2008, 07:09 PM
Great job, looks amazing! Well done!!

Acaun
06-02-2008, 07:17 PM
Cool guys.

monkay1407
06-02-2008, 08:18 PM
Incredible work guys!!! If Kash is possible, does that mean we may see must as well? :p

Pake
06-02-2008, 08:33 PM
Amazing, this will open up so many doors :cool:

toilet_duck
06-02-2008, 08:59 PM
Holy crap... wonderful work, Client Dev Team! I love what I'm seeing!

Imperialassasin
06-02-2008, 09:01 PM
great work guys, cant wait to see new imperial armor in the game :D

Ahbominable
06-03-2008, 04:21 AM
since you have kash looking so sexy does this mean we have hope to see mustafar and hoth too?? :D:D:D

Sera
06-03-2008, 11:43 AM
Its going to be fun to working on new content for the game :)

Uli FTW ;)

mead76
06-03-2008, 05:38 PM
Wow I am impressed...very nice work everyone

Enflorence
06-03-2008, 06:46 PM
Very cool!

Tolbat
06-03-2008, 09:17 PM
Its official I pee'd myself

Zeridian
06-03-2008, 10:19 PM
Its official I pee'd myself

Ewww....:D
If things keep going as they have, you might need a diaper :shakehead:.

Exmordread
06-04-2008, 12:00 AM
WOW !!!1:eek: (and i dont mean world of warCRAP) this is awesome! i hope you guys will be able to make more species and planets in the future.

Krisegon
06-04-2008, 03:57 PM
I can smell Hoth... or at least a Tauntaun. Nice work people.

Tothix
06-04-2008, 04:26 PM
ROooroaaor roooraaooaoa WAAAroo= I love you guys (in Wookie).;)

RaNaRo154
06-04-2008, 05:35 PM
I can't wait to see this in game :) .

Sumane
06-08-2008, 06:09 AM
absolutly amazing!

its been posted before, but pod racing should be really REALLY customizable, it would be like a complete game inside a game, you could have to go to the far reaches of the galaxy to grab yourself a realy powerful componant, working on your pod to make it the fastest in the galaxy could be a serious reality, just make sure it takes 10 years to get the fastest possible pod lol. im so excited about this, the possiblities are endless, just for pod racing!

loving the new races, but one thing i noticed, you could noy change the faces, is this getting worked on at all? will we ever see customizable nautolan faces? or is this simply not possible?

i cant describe how much this opens the game up to so many possibilities, kashykk, mustafar, hoth, korriban, genosia, degobah, and any other planets either in the EU or in the old republic games, we could even have the death star! (think making it an instance would be the way to go) what cant we do now?

we have just made an exeptional game, legendary!

Uli
06-08-2008, 07:48 AM
absolutly amazing!

its been posted before, but pod racing should be really REALLY customizable, it would be like a complete game inside a game, you could have to go to the far reaches of the galaxy to grab yourself a realy powerful componant, working on your pod to make it the fastest in the galaxy could be a serious reality, just make sure it takes 10 years to get the fastest possible pod lol. im so excited about this, the possiblities are endless, just for pod racing!

loving the new races, but one thing i noticed, you could noy change the faces, is this getting worked on at all? will we ever see customizable nautolan faces? or is this simply not possible?

i cant describe how much this opens the game up to so many possibilities, kashykk, mustafar, hoth, korriban, genosia, degobah, and any other planets either in the EU or in the old republic games, we could even have the death star! (think making it an instance would be the way to go) what cant we do now?

we have just made an exeptional game, legendary!

Currently bith and nautolan have no face customization.

Bith can have some I THINK but im not sure i will have to check it out later on i will stick it on my to-do list :P

Sumane
06-08-2008, 05:29 PM
Currently bith and nautolan have no face customization.

Bith can have some I THINK but im not sure i will have to check it out later on i will stick it on my to-do list :P

great news, what will you do if you find out that niether species can have face customization? is there a way round this? i would love to see them ingame, but cant imagine them being that popular if they all have the same faces lol.

Uli
06-08-2008, 05:51 PM
great news, what will you do if you find out that niether species can have face customization? is there a way round this? i would love to see them ingame, but cant imagine them being that popular if they all have the same faces lol.

if there not highly customizable they can easily be admin only characters or they can be awarded to people who win competitions like they can choose if they want to be that as a prize

Joekak
06-08-2008, 07:26 PM

Put composite on them like everyone else :D

Valkyra
06-09-2008, 11:32 PM
Hey all!

Here's what I'm currently working on... Not much now but hopefully that will change.

1. Davin's version of Kashyyyk's planetary map.

It's a VERY VERY VERY rough sketch at the moment, and I primarily did it just to see how it would turn out. It will continuously be refined as we get onto Davin's Kash and I can make a correct map of the terrain features.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k94/XValkyX/SWGEmu/Kashyyyk/ui_map_kashyyyk_main_alpha1.jpg

2. IG droid species.

Little sneak peak... Having a few problems with customization but they will be worked out soon.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k94/XValkyX/SWGEmu/Species/IG_species.jpg

I'm considering making the IG droid race possibly 'unlockable', much like jedi... And have it's own profession, somewhat like bounty hunter and commando combined... What would you all like to see?

Ackito
06-10-2008, 12:28 AM
Hey all!

Here's what I'm currently working on... Not much now but hopefully that will change.

It's a VERY VERY VERY rough sketch at the moment, and I primarily did it just to see how it would turn out. It will continuously be refined as we get onto Davin's Kash and I can make a correct map of the terrain features.

2. IG droid species.

Little sneak peak... Having a few problems with customization but they will be worked out soon.

I'm considering making the IG droid race possibly 'unlockable', much like jedi... And have it's own profession, somewhat like bounty hunter and commando combined... What would you all like to see?

Wow, that's awesome. Great job, lovin it.

Draigoch
06-10-2008, 02:40 AM
The IG droid would probly go over better if it were an unlocked race/class. Something like x number of Jedi kills, x PvP rating, and at least x amount of time spent as a BH unlocks. You could throw POI visitations, Jabba's Themepark, and even a BH quest line in there if you want more requirements. I think in order to do IG droids justice they kind of have to be a bit more powerful then the average character. Thats just my opinion though, and it would probly be better discussed in the FSI section.

Ekaika
06-10-2008, 02:51 AM
Blown away, completely blown away. Amazing stuff.

toilet_duck
06-10-2008, 08:13 AM
Very unique/odd/awesome stuff Valkyra. :)

Tolbat
06-10-2008, 09:25 AM
I love it!!!!

Hey all!

2. IG droid species.

I could not agree more !! :)
Draigoch The IG droid would probly go over better if it were an unlocked race/class. Something like x number of Jedi kills, x PvP rating, and at least x amount of time spent as a BH unlocks. You could throw POI visitations, Jabba's Themepark, and even a BH quest line in there if you want more requirements. I think in order to do IG droids justice they kind of have to be a bit more powerful then the average character. Thats just my opinion though, and it would probly be better discussed in the FSI section.

Amazing :eek::D

TheA-froChild
06-10-2008, 09:43 AM
/cry

My little emu is growing up sooo fast :)

Rhotten
06-10-2008, 10:47 AM
thats sick... new species... pods? content from CU/NGE?!?!?
god i cant wait for all this... thanks alot for working on it
looks awesome...keep it up

wookiesniper
06-10-2008, 12:03 PM
2. IG droid species.

Nice work, very creative. :)

Maximus- Antony
06-10-2008, 12:09 PM
The IG looks amazing, that would be awesome.

Ekowraith
06-10-2008, 12:44 PM
Love the IG. Amazing work.

KroniK
06-10-2008, 12:46 PM
Freaking Sweet. I absolutely love all of this. This is going to be even more amazing when its finished.

Valkyra
06-10-2008, 02:34 PM
Glad you guys like it!

Also I'm working on Aqualish at the moment as well... Which has male and female models so players can choose to be male or female. :)

Xar
06-10-2008, 02:38 PM
phenominal work you guys, I am too excited. :D

Ketaris
06-10-2008, 02:44 PM
Is there any chance of seeing the Noghri as a playable species?

Andewa
06-10-2008, 03:04 PM
I always wanted to go BH/Commando!

4NIC8R
06-10-2008, 03:51 PM
Something like this would be the answer to Jedi..

Making more classes 'alpha' classes other than Jedi would get more people to want to make something other than our light saber wielding heroes.

TheA-froChild
06-10-2008, 04:11 PM
Something like this would be the answer to Jedi..

Making more classes 'alpha' classes other than Jedi would get more people to want to make something other than our light saber wielding heroes.

I agree but Jedi will still be the alpha ALPHA class.... :D

mattieus
06-10-2008, 04:34 PM
I always wanted to go BH/Commando!

i rolled it for most of the CU

nothing beats creeping up on a mark and then hucking grenades and flamethrowing them to death.

that and the proton cannon from kash good times

Laam'inui
06-10-2008, 05:42 PM
This is amazing. I showed all my friends from my Jedi Academy RP server and they all spazzed out and are jumping all over about it, as am I. Amazing work. You're better than the official SWG Devs.

*Cough* Chiss please *Cough*

Valkyra
06-10-2008, 07:37 PM
Ok guys, here's what you've all been waiting for, A VIDEO!!!

After many hours racking my brain, IG droid 'skin color' is now working. Aqualish is fully working as well!

HI-P_5IdC-4

Serpentkaa
06-10-2008, 07:56 PM
Wow. Nice work. It will be so amazing to have more species to choose from at character creation. It will bring more of a "star warsy" feel to the game than any changes made by SOE's NGE.

Laam'inui
06-10-2008, 08:08 PM
Amazing. This will be the best game ever.

Halifax
06-10-2008, 08:50 PM
Very cool stuff guys.

matt71tx
06-10-2008, 09:26 PM
Incredible! Very glad to hear about this organized effort to add extra content that came *after* publish 14 to further enhance the existing Pre-CU game. I hope the new star destroyer content that was recently introduced gets serious consideration to be added in the future!!

kelharis
06-11-2008, 01:32 AM
Awesome work, love the IG-88 idea. Request from me:

Make Jawa and Ewok species if possible, I have always wanted to play them, and I bet most other people have always wanted to kill them. :D

Plus ewoks could have extra CH type bonuses and extra Ranger type bonuses. Jawas of course could have DE type bonuses.

Rauce
06-11-2008, 02:48 AM
woot for IG88 droid! :D:D

Wr00m
06-11-2008, 05:52 AM
Awesome work! :)

Also remember just not to get too carried away . for example kelharis wanted to have jawas and Ewoks, personally I don't think they fit as playable characters. They have no eq etc. Noutolans and bith are humanoid so it shouldn't be a problem.

Btw, if you don't mind would you be able to make the faces to be customizable to so we can keep the SWG experience. :)

Again, Awesome work and thanks!

Xenomorph
06-11-2008, 06:00 AM
Very interesting work on the new species indeed!

kelharis
06-11-2008, 08:55 AM
Awesome work! :)

Also remember just not to get too carried away . for example kelharis wanted to have jawas and Ewoks, personally I don't think they fit as playable characters. They have no eq etc. Noutolans and bith are humanoid so it shouldn't be a problem.

Btw, if you don't mind would you be able to make the faces to be customizable to so we can keep the SWG experience. :)

I don't need it so everyone can play them, I just wanna run through battlefields as one, kinda like 50 points for killing the ewok. :D

seriously though, eq? I do not know this term...plus, I don't want them to do tons of work on them if it's not in, I just thought since there are NPC's, they can code from that, as I think thats what they are doing with these new species?

Uli
06-11-2008, 09:38 AM
Incredible! Very glad to hear about this organized effort to add extra content that came *after* publish 14 to further enhance the existing Pre-CU game. I hope the new star destroyer content that was recently introduced gets serious consideration to be added in the future!!

yeah im working on it :P just waiting for Kellina's team to finish the @warpcell command

Glad ya fixed everything fully valky :)

Awesome work!

Btw, if you don't mind would you be able to make the faces to be customizable to so we can keep the SWG experience.

Face customization is harder, im looking into it atm just tryin to remember a file which i looked at a while ago.

As for eq some species have some, toydarians, they got 2x jacket, 2x pants and a chestplate for them lol

Edit: for toydarian will have to sacrafice 1 pair of pants for underwear tho i think....

DavinFelth
06-11-2008, 11:08 AM

Yes, as Uli says we are definitely going to bring you the ISD it's on the list :)

_DM_
06-11-2008, 11:18 AM
sw33t content!

zeustacos
06-11-2008, 12:03 PM
this is so great I can't believe it,but I have a question is there any posibility to see the chiss race in here???(yeah it's just from the books but I liked them.

toro45
06-11-2008, 03:02 PM
this is so great I can't believe it,but I have a question is there any posibility to see the chiss race in here???(yeah it's just from the books but I liked them.

Its also in the Jedi Knight Series, i forgot which one but im fairly sure its in jedi acadamy

Awsomeness, its going to be so much better than before:)

Kilidran
06-11-2008, 03:37 PM
All I can say is "Amazing". Thanks to all who's involved in this project!

toilet_duck
06-11-2008, 06:57 PM
Mother of god... you people are doing some really great stuff. I appreciate your contributions!

faceman7381
06-12-2008, 09:02 AM
I have to say, I am VERY impressed with this and this is very exciting!!! I can see a few more races being added just from npc races I remember already in swg. (Not sure of the race names but the guys that look like devils and the guys that have squid heads I believe were npc races in swg.)

Also, it would be nice to see Hoth and a few other planets that are famous put in. The wookie home world planet an a fully explorable planet is an awesome idea!!! I am pumped about capitol ships, house packing, (TG said they were gonna have a server auto pack after so many months for people not playing YES!) and I hope landable space stations as I have heard they have that now in the current game. I don't know because I haven't played it since nge came out. I also heard they have rancors as mounts? I also hope with the awesome and I mean AWESOME speeders that they have now, that the will the sand rover thing Jaba used in Return of the Jedi also be in. (I think it was in the game, maybe is now?) Maybe all of this will show up :)

My two questions would be:

1. Any of this stuff been confirmed by you guys? (Here's hoping!)
2. On the waaaaaaaaaay cool BARC speeder and pod racers, what are the plans for them? Will they be craftable or like unlockable since BARC was a reward as I recall. If they are craftable, any plans for schematics and skill tree block that they are thinking of being put in maybe?

DavinFelth
06-12-2008, 10:45 AM
1. Any of this stuff been confirmed by you guys? (Here's hoping!)
2. On the waaaaaaaaaay cool BARC speeder and pod racers, what are the plans for them? Will they be craftable or like unlockable since BARC was a reward as I recall. If they are craftable, any plans for schematics and skill tree block that they are thinking of being put in maybe?

1) I can confirm that most of that is possible and may be either already being worked on or worked on in the future.
2) We've no solid plans as to how they will be implemented, however it's likely we will make schematics for them so as to give servers the choice as to whether they are craftable or rewards.

Xiox
06-12-2008, 11:54 AM
Hmm, I have to ask -- Are you using tools exclusively provided by SWGEmu's Dev team? I very much envy you, I wish I could transfer species to SWG personally myself.

If not then I should try figuring this out by myself. Are all species in the .mgn file format?? I wonder how you got the species to recognize weight, height, etc.

very interesting, wish I had a hand in it =) Would be fun to work with, sucks working on a cryptic SWG when you have a group of people who've already figured it out.

____

As said before, you might as well add all the humanoid races that are seen in SWG as npc's, More variety the better.

Uli
06-12-2008, 12:51 PM

I would say it would be like the AV-21 will need special componants that are hard to get.

Sumane
06-12-2008, 04:47 PM
I would say it would be like the AV-21 will need special componants that are hard to get.

agreed, i think the better something is, the harder it should be to obtain.

also, a question, with the pod racers, do you have the ability to make them only usable in races? what i mean is, i would like to see pod's to be super fast, 10x faster than any speeder, but i don't want everyone and their mom using them just to travel around the planet, would take the excitement out of it, and also nullify speeders. maybe you guys could make a course and you can only enter/exit your pod, at the start/finish of the course. any thoughts on how possible/likely this is?

Serpentkaa
06-12-2008, 05:03 PM

also, a question, with the pod racers, do you have the ability to make them only usable in races? what i mean is, i would like to see pod's to be super fast, 10x faster than any speeder, but i don't want everyone and their mom using them just to travel around the planet, would take the excitement out of it, and also nullify speeders. maybe you guys could make a course and you can only enter/exit your pod, at the start/finish of the course. any thoughts on how possible/likely this is?

Good point Sumane. It would be great to see pod racers that go very fast but they should be definitely restricted to a racing course. Maybe even have several different levels of courses (with badges and rewards of course) on different planets with one open course on Tatooine for PvP racing.

Valkyra
06-12-2008, 05:25 PM

It's possible that we could create another 'zone' kind of like the NGE's Mos Espa instance, where it's started at a droid NPC and you converse with him to either do a solo race or possibly have a system where you can challenge friends to pod races, and there is an instanced version of a planet where you go to specific waypoints kind of like the racing system already in game, but using pod racers and a more broad racetrack.

Megumi
06-14-2008, 01:37 AM
Can we have a finished game and at least 6 months of enjoyment before we get unnecessary modifications and combat upgrades please?

I mean, seriously. Even Sony gave us the game for a little while before they buried it in garbage.

Also, I think I speak for the collective unwashed horde of Star Wars fans when I say "we don't want to remember anything from Episode 1."

Valkyra
06-14-2008, 01:51 AM
Can we have a finished game and at least 6 months of enjoyment before we get unnecessary modifications and combat upgrades please?

I mean, seriously. Even Sony gave us the game for a little while before they buried it in garbage.

Also, I think I speak for the collective unwashed horde of Star Wars fans when I say "we don't want to remember anything from Episode 1."

Not sure what you are referencing when you're saying 'combat upgrades'... We're not making 'combat upgrades', we are ADDING onto what is already there... I would HARDLY call new races/planets/vehicles a 'combat upgrade'.

Also everything we are making is optional, it's up to the server admins if they decide they want these mods on their servers.

Not sure why you're so adamant about something that's optional.

Smartyr
06-14-2008, 01:56 AM
I'm pretty disappointed by the fact that there's valuable coding ability going to waste. Just because they're not currently part of the development team, doesn't mean they can't contribute to an OPEN SOURCE project.

I'm also considering that DavinFilth is part of the administration on eXile, and I'm not the only guild leader that will be pulling funding if this crap ever goes live on that server.

Kyle
06-14-2008, 02:13 AM
I'm pretty disappointed by the fact that there's valuable coding ability going to waste. Just because they're not currently part of the development team, doesn't mean they can't contribute to an OPEN SOURCE project.

I'm also considering that DavinFilth is part of the administration on eXile, and I'm not the only guild leader that will be pulling funding if this crap ever goes live on that server.

You must not understand how this works.

A). The Client Development team doesn't code. So... nothing is taken from open source.

B). None of this is set to go in the game, the point here is to first learn the client inside and out.

C). This is not the place to threaten servers with ultimatums. Do that on your appropriate community forums.

D). Not every idea developed is gold. Any good server will be careful with what they implement.

Megumi
06-14-2008, 02:18 AM
Forum:
A public meeting place for open discussion.

Hi, Kyle. How are you?

Gelco
06-14-2008, 03:01 AM
Please dont ruin this topic.
Its great to see people working on the client. Very exciting. Im sure there are servers that will have none of these mods on and will be classic swg. Though if I had a choice I would play on a server that had as many mods on as they could find. (As long as they were decent, dont fancy a NGE MOD hehe).
SWG has never been a finished product. Pre-CU had endless flaws. (As did every other version). However it was the best of the 3 version and making it better whilst still keeping the same basic gameplay is amazing. Can't wait to see more results and even better play them. :)

Kyle
06-14-2008, 03:01 AM
Thread wandered away from the topic. Removing unneeded posts and giving out applicable warnings to a few people.

Nanaki
06-14-2008, 05:19 AM
Prior unuseable content. Mmm, delicious.

DavinFelth
06-14-2008, 08:57 AM
Hmm, I have to ask -- Are you using tools exclusively provided by SWGEmu's Dev team? I very much envy you, I wish I could transfer species to SWG personally myself.

If not then I should try figuring this out by myself. Are all species in the .mgn file format?? I wonder how you got the species to recognize weight, height, etc.
The tools we use are the tools available to everyone else, TREExplorer etc. if we ever have tools developed for us we will release them, we're not the kind to cry and hoard our toys :p

The first step to adding a species is actually a ui file, that adds the species to the selection and gives the basic data on them, there's no need for any mesh editing so far because we're adding species that are already in the game somewhere or are in game somewhere in future publishes.

I like what you did with my last name there, clever...

Firstly, none of us on the Client Dev team can code C++ (or probably any other language except the clients "language") so unfortunately that does mean we can't contribute directly to the code, we do however contribute wherever we can.

This project is separate to eXile, just because I'm an admin at eXile doesn't mean this stuff is going to go live there, some of this stuff is also just to show our capabilities and what is possible with the client that we can provide for servers that want them, everything is optional, please don't make assumptions that servers will or wont be using these, it's up to them.

EDIT: Comments on the YouTube videos as well? I wasn't bothered when you just commented here, that's criticism that I can take but now I've seen you commented on the YouTube videos with complete disrespect I see you're just wannabe trolls, what an epic fail, you guys are making a poor show of representing SWGEmu, congrats on the epic fail. :| I've removed the YouTube comments btw.

Sumane
06-14-2008, 11:15 AM
The tools we use are the tools available to everyone else, TREExplorer etc. if we ever have tools developed for us we will release them, we're not the kind to cry and hoard our toys :p

The first step to adding a species is actually a ui file, that adds the species to the selection and gives the basic data on them, there's no need for any mesh editing so far because we're adding species that are already in the game somewhere or are in game somewhere in future publishes.

I like what you did with my last name there, clever...

Firstly, none of us on the Client Dev team can code C++ (or probably any other language except the clients "language") so unfortunately that does mean we can't contribute directly to the code, we do however contribute wherever we can.

This project is separate to eXile, just because I'm an admin at eXile doesn't mean this stuff is going to go live there, some of this stuff is also just to show our capabilities and what is possible with the client that we can provide for servers that want them, everything is optional, please don't make assumptions that servers will or wont be using these, it's up to them.

EDIT: Comments on the YouTube videos as well? I wasn't bothered when you just commented here, that's criticism that I can take but now I've seen you commented on the YouTube videos with complete disrespect I see you're just wannabe trolls, what an epic fail, you guys are making a poor show of representing SWGEmu, congrats on the epic fail. :| I've removed the YouTube comments btw.

very professional replies, to someone with a childish attitude.

davin (or anyone else working on swgemu or the client mod team) please do not take these ridiculous comments to heart, i speak for 99% of the swgemu community when i say that we look forward to any and all new content, that is given to us as an option.

wookiesniper
06-14-2008, 11:30 AM
very professional replies, to someone with a childish attitude.

davin (or anyone else working on swgemu or the client mod team) please do not take these ridiculous comments to heart, i speak for 99% of the swgemu community when i say that we look forward to any and all new content, that is given to us as an option.

/agree

Uli
06-14-2008, 03:19 PM
there's no need for any mesh editing so far because we're adding species that are already in the game somewhere or are in game somewhere in future publishes.

Only edit the mesh if you want to add in customization and its pretty difficult and i got to say it is really really unbelievably buggy

Ekaika
06-14-2008, 03:43 PM
We all appreciate your work, ignore those idiots please.

Xiox
06-14-2008, 03:49 PM
Once you guys figure out how to mesh edit... make some Kel Dor :P then I'll be happy.

Xiox
06-14-2008, 03:56 PM
[QUOTE=DavinFelth;199022]The tools we use are the tools available to everyone else, TREExplorer etc. if we ever have tools developed for us we will release them, we're not the kind to cry and hoard our toys :p

The first step to adding a species is actually a ui file, that adds the species to the selection and gives the basic data on them, there's no need for any mesh editing so far because we're adding species that are already in the game somewhere or are in game somewhere in future publishes./QUOTE]

K thanks for clarifying the tools portion. I was actually going to be interested in seeing what tools were there.

as for adding species.

I figured as much. I pondered this a few months ago with the UI bit. Have you successfully zoned into the game yet? I figure that it'll require some database information to be edited, and maybe you haven't gotten that far quite yet?

I guess all the species information as for size and weight and all that is predetermined in the mgn mesh files then, and you set the skin colors via palette file. Impressive work though. I was planning on fiddling with this myself before-hand, but you guys beat me to it!

What do you have left to do on the species? Just zoning and have the game actually distinguish your species correctly?

I might shoot you a PM later on and bug ya :P

Kyle
06-14-2008, 06:42 PM
Thread closed for a while. If this line of arguments continues on re-open, I will temp ban people.

Shrek98
06-15-2008, 06:08 PM
So are you talking about ALTERING stuff?

Client dev means what? are we not here to keep preCU same?

Are you a team hoping to make available additions or changes?

Additions that are optional is a good thing - changes are bad imo but as long as optional and no REAL dev team works on them it's cool if available

Some of those would be great as optional extras.
Are you talking about doing for everyone what each server might be able to do for itself later - add-ons?
Or is this stuff to put in the distribution with hooks to turn them on?

Uli
06-15-2008, 06:20 PM

Addition and Optional based on what the server wants.

Sorry i had to cut most of the quote out its 23:20 currently and it confused me a bit because I'm tired and not thinking straight lol

Valkyra
06-15-2008, 06:26 PM
So are you talking about ALTERING stuff?

Client dev means what? are we not here to keep preCU same?

Additions that are optional is a good thing - changes are bad imo but as long as optional and no REAL dev team works on them it's cool if available

Some of those would be great as optional extras.
Are you talking about doing for everyone what each server might be able to do for itself later - add-ons?
Or is this stuff to put in the distribution with hooks to turn them on?

This has been already been touched on before, but I am going to try and explain it in depth.

We are not here to make any 'changes' or 'combat upgrades' to the game. We are making completely OPTIONAL add-ons to the client/game. These files that are modified so that we can have extra races/professions/planets and etc are all contained in their own .tre, so none of the 'core' files are touched, and the way the client reads them is you have to edit swgemu_live.cfg to add in the tre, which again is completely optional.

Also, again EVERYTHING is optional as to what the server communities wish to have. They can have feature x and feature y, feature x but not feature y, or none of our additions.

I hope that clears everything up.

waa
06-15-2008, 09:52 PM
I hope a working precu non altered one works and is the focus before anything else is even considered let alone given attention,but hey what do I know.....

you guys are doing a great job either way

eatlettuce7
06-15-2008, 10:22 PM
why is it no-one seems to be able to understand the word optional?

none of these changes and additions are going to be forced on you. the swgemu team isnt working on them a seperate team is. so the core server will still be pre-CU in all its glory (we hope :P)

anything else is the same as the future server ideas, an option for servers and their communities to implement if they so wish.

these guys are doing some awesome work though, congrats and keep it up

Gulkia
06-15-2008, 11:18 PM
I hope a working precu non altered one works and is the focus before anything else is even considered let alone given attention,but hey what do I know.....

you guys are doing a great job either way

I wouldnt worry about that... Im sure there will be.

Max
06-16-2008, 02:14 AM
You will notice if you read that there is a SEPERATE GROUP OF PEOPLE developing the Client's OPTIONAL additions is so that the main team can contine doing exactly what they always have been, which is develop the game AS IT WAS at publish 14. Do not assume that there has suddenly been a descision to change everything. THERE HAS NOT.

The SWGemu team has simply expanded it's team a little further to include a group of people who are able to devise OPTIONAL additions to the game FOR THOSE WHO WANT IT. These additions will not be packaged in with the SWGemu server binaries. They will simply be available if one server should want to use them

I hope that makes it CRYSTAL clear to everybody. If it's not, feel free to PM me, and not waste the client team's time / space.

Gelco
06-16-2008, 05:47 AM
I think it is a bit short sighted to say the whole point was to get it to pre-cu, and then I assume leave it.

People will get bored of it. SWG pre-cu was the best version but by no means perfect. ie. Should a bug not be fixed because it was there in pre-cu? Why not have kashyyyk just because it wasnt pre-cu? No, additions are the way forward.

One question though, I dont think it has come up.

What happens with mod's if you play on different servers?
ie. You play on a pure pre-cu server with 0 mod's.
But you also play on a server with every mod going on it.

Will this effect the game in any way? Would it be better to have two installs of swg one for each server?

Personally if I found a server I liked I wouldnt play on another but just a thought.

Dream would be if swgemu released two servers. A normal one and a mod one as "official swgemu servers" that would be great. hehe. (I know plans for a server arent around yet but just dreaming at work). :)

Max
06-16-2008, 07:20 AM
One question though, I dont think it has come up.

Will this effect the game in any way? Would it be better to have two installs of swg one for each server?

Personally if I found a server I liked I wouldnt play on another but just a thought.

I guess the easiest would be either to have 2 installations, or get launchpad enhanced to re-patch/mod you every time you changed servers.

Valkyra
06-16-2008, 08:21 AM

You can just open swgemu_live.cfg and just comment out/in the tres that have the mods in them when you switch servers, it's the manual way of course but it works.

Zeridian
06-16-2008, 09:12 AM
Could it be possible to have the client(LPE or whatever) grab the files a server requires from the server and automatically create a log that tells the client to use said files every time you go back to the server? Something like the way Steam servers handles things(like on counterstrike).

Gelco
06-16-2008, 09:35 AM
Guess at worst then if its just a config file you can create a program to switch between the two before you play. Would be a very simple program to write in about 5minutes.

Would be nice if LPE did it but it doesnt sound a big problem anyway. Thanks.

Xiox
06-16-2008, 10:25 AM
I'm sure they'll be making a TRE packer though. Not a stable one exists... or at least one that were able to get our hands on. When that happens, I'm sure servers can use the swgemu_live.cfg to set restrictions as to what TRE's you need, for your client to operate corresponding to the server.

Let the server alter it heh. If the next server you log into is purist, then it'll reconfigure your client for pure barebone tre's.

Uli
06-16-2008, 11:17 AM
I'm sure they'll be making a TRE packer though. Not a stable one exists... or at least one that were able to get our hands on. When that happens, I'm sure servers can use the swgemu_live.cfg to set restrictions as to what TRE's you need, for your client to operate corresponding to the server.

Let the server alter it heh. If the next server you log into is purist, then it'll reconfigure your client for pure barebone tre's.

wrong we got a fully working tre packer that got done on 26th May and its public me and Berix spent 3 days working out what was wrong we were on the right track and SWGANH told us what exactly was wrong with the packer so Berix fixed it and released it, check www.swgmods.org homepage for download links.

Edit: Oh also we know how to alter the tre structure so the client can still read it but tre extractors can't :P

Edit2: Also LPE can be editted to get the servers patches and .cfg so when u connect to a different server it will use there .cfg and there patches etc.

Ekaika
06-16-2008, 02:06 PM
wrong we got a fully working tre packer that got done on 26th May and its public me and Berix spent 3 days working out what was wrong we were on the right track and SWGANH told us what exactly was wrong with the packer so Berix fixed it and released it, check www.swgmods.org homepage for download links.

Edit: Oh also we know how to alter the tre structure so the client can still read it but tre extractors can't :P

Edit2: Also LPE can be editted to get the servers patches and .cfg so when u connect to a different server it will use there .cfg and there patches etc.

Damn, nice!