Social Event Stress Test
Medical Progress
New Loot Table Manager
New Player Punishment Zone
New Items/Clothes on the Blue Frog
Client Dev Team Update
2) Body:

8/9 Social Event Stress Test
The other day Lorrianna held a "Social Event Stress Test". The Cantina was packed with about 173 players online. The Stress Test was aimed to help find any Bugs in the Entertainer System, as well as test the Stability of the server. There was only one crash reported at the time. Oru had confirmed it was due to a "DeadLock (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadlock)".

---------------------------

Medical Progress
cRush has been busy lately hammering down the medical professions:

-Numerous bugs have been fixed with the recent medical implementations.
-Doctor buffs now play a vital role on the Test Center, bringing back a feeling of nostalgia for many players.
-Cloning now incurs wounds as it did Pre-CU. Woundpacks have been introduced to counter the effect.
-Resuscitation Kits have made their way in game. You can now resurrect a player who has given you consent, or is in your group.
-Added new commands: /consent <name>, /unconsent <name>, /hasconsent, /diagnose, /activateClone
-Added new gm command: @revive - revives a dead player.

New Loot Table Manager
Farmer_John has recently finished up the new Loot Tables, which are already on the Test Center. Loot is now loaded from DB, and all items currently static have been moved to the LootTable. Kellina will be updating the LootTable, with more items this week, and fixing drop %'s along with what drops from what etc. And also going through the Loot Area on the Forums to add all of what should be dropping from each creature/npc.

Here is an overview on the new Loot Tables:

-Loot has been moved to the database and is seperated into lootgroups.
-Creatures can belong to one (or more) lootgroups.
-Drop is now level and race controlled, so be aware:
--Nightsister biceps wont drop from a Worrt anymore
-We are populating the lootable and building the different lootgroups for all creatures.

New Player Punishment Zone
Farmer_John has added a new feature called the Punishment zone, which is a viable option to ban evasion that is currently occurring on TC. Offending/Rule violating Players will be warped to the punishment zone and will be incapable of moving, speaking, or leaving, and it is up to the CSR to decide when the offender is released.

Lorrianna was kind enough to place nearly 100% of all clothing from Pre-Cu onto the Blue Frogs. So be sure to visit your local "Blue Frog" and grab some of those new clothes. Please note that not ALL of the clothes have been put on the blue frog yet, but all the clothes are in the source code. There are some known issues with Gender Restriction and players running around with every single piece of clothing on them. Devs are working on a fix for this. If you bump into Lorrianna be sure to thank her for taking her time to give us all these clothes!

Client Dev Team Update:

Hey! Davin here, with some updates from the client dev team!

It's been a good couple of weeks for us with Sytner giving us an Alpha of his Snapshot editor which means that a couple of projects we've had on hold are now getting kicked back into action including Kashyyyk which Valkyra is working on and a brand new instance that I'm working on.

Kashyyyk
With Sytner's WS editor there's a good amount of progress that's being made on kashyyyk, the newest addition being the webweaver cave!

Entrance to the cave (http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k94/XValkyX/SWGEmu/Kashyyyk/screenShot0031.jpg)

Progress continues as Valkyra begins to add Kachiro!

New Instance
The new instance is the first SWG planet ever to be created completely from scratch outside of SOE and aswell as that it has also been achieved without the help of a terrain editor! This is a step in the right direction and knowledge I've learned from this will hopefully go into helping along Sytner's terrain editor making the creation of planets a lot easier and a lot more accessible to those who may have the creativity but not the technical knowledge that it currently takes to create a planet.

The new instance is fairly basic terrain-wise but not a lot was needed for what I was basing it on. The planet the instance takes place on is called Flashpoint and it once housed a research center (over 3500 years ago in the timeline) but that was destroyed; the planet also has an orbit that is incredibly close to its sun and so days pass by very quickly here, the proximity to the sun also leaves the planets surface covered with radiation which is certainly not healthy!

There's still some work to be done on the terrain itself (mainly giving the planet a couple more textures since at the moment there's only one texture noticeable) but I've now started world building so here are some shots of the basic layout I've got setup at the moment, there's going to be two more surface buildings that I haven't added yet:

Landing pad during the short night (http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c331/Disryt/Flashpoint/screenShot0016.jpg)
The side of the landing pad with the scorching sun in the background (http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c331/Disryt/Flashpoint/screenShot0011.jpg)
Shot of the entrance to the main bunker (http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c331/Disryt/Flashpoint/screenShot0013.jpg)

Like I said, before, this is just a start but I hope you find it interesting :)

3) Developer Perspective: ("Round Table")

Ramsey:

In the Open Dev forum, there was a discussion about NPC behavior. Here is what I said:

Part of the mission stuff are the npcs involved. I did an Action system where an "ActionCreature" would execute actions assigned to triggers like "onConverse", "onAttack" etc. The actions would include anything from carrying a conversation, to giving an item/mission to a player.

My #1 goal was to at least get these actionCreatures working to fulfill their role in missions, and I would then later expand them to take on other roles like BlueFrogs.

I worked out a conversation system that can be scripted in LUA (or the future scripting languages we may adapt in the future). The other actions like giving an item/mission will come tonight.

Which brings me to...the prerequisite stuff :p. For the NPC to REALLY interact with players around it, it needed a way to check for conditions in players. Conditions like "does the player have"; an item, specific skill, this mission etc. I am saddened to say that after many rewrites, I still do not have a satisfactory prerequisite system that can be used in LUA script. The biggest problem has been the fact that there are so many things you should be able to check for in the player, you pretty much need to share the entire player class with LUA. Writing functions in the action class to return vars in the player class would only serve to bloat. So for now, I just hardcoded prerequisites so the action creatures will work with basic missions. Hopefully Oru's new scripting language will be a bit more flexible than LUA, and we'll see some growth in this area (at least in this implementation).

Since other devs are also writing their own versions for interactive npcs, I don't know what the longterm impact of the actioncreature will be. It's current role is to get missions off the ground with room to expand into a more general tasks. It's very beneficial to have multiple people tackling the interactive NPC issue, as it will eventually build a much stronger implementation in the future.

----

I have completed the Action & ActionCreature class to a point where it'll function with some of the basic hardcoded missions. The mission manager has been done for quite sometime now, and I'm just tieing together the script portion of the creature manager to work with Actions & ActionCreatures. Once that is done, I'll begin picking out random people in IRC to help look for bugs before the SVN commit.
cRush:

These past two weeks, I have received a tremendous amount of testing results from the community, assisting in the squashing of several nasty bugs pertaining to the recent medical implementations. Again, I want to thank the community for the outstanding job that has been done in this regard. Keep up the good work, and this project will be done before you know it! My focus going forward is going to be finishing off the Doctor and Medic profession entirely. I want to graduate to Combat Medic, and revisit the Cloning process. I will be implementing Curepacks for Poison and Disease, as well as introducing State packs for Dizzy, Blindness, Intimidation, Stun, and Fire blankets. I will also be completing the doctor skills which do not require medpacksl. I want to encourage all community members to drop by the IRC channel #swgemuheal and congregate with others as we finish off these two necessary professions.

Special recognition to the following exemplary testers: Antisnow, mrtopas, ashur, and karas. These members have found numerous bugs and given excellent feedback helping remedy the problems. Thank you all who submitted feedback! Without you, none of this would be possible!Sytner:

I've made some considerable progress on both of my editors in the past few weeks:

The snapshot editor is currently being tested internally by Valkyra and Davin, who encouragingly haven't reported many bugs so far! Before getting it to them, I re-wrote almost everything from scratch, so there are still a few bits that need updating to the new system. The end is definitely in sight though now.

The terrain editor is still in its early stages, but progressing well considering I only started work on it properly a week or so ago. The main task I have now is figuring out all of the remaining unknowns - any help on this is very welcome! :p

Here are some recent screenies from both of the editors:

Terrain editor (http://www.btinternet.com/%7Egarywebbdental/trnwsaug/strncaug.jpg)
Snapshot editor (http://www.btinternet.com/%7Egarywebbdental/trnwsaug/swscaug.jpg)
Snapshot arrays (http://www.btinternet.com/%7Egarywebbdental/trnwsaug/swscarrayaug.jpg)
Snapshot tools (http://www.btinternet.com/%7Egarywebbdental/trnwsaug/swsctoolsaug.jpg)

Over the coming weeks I hope to get some videos up of the editors in action and my work on Taanab.

4) Closing:

A Note from the CSR Support Team:

Just a reminder, Kellina has created a Test Center Status Update system that allows the CSR Team to manually and with one command simultaneously update the current status on: LPE, #test, and #swgemusupport . We hope this reduces the number of "Is it up?" inquiries. Please note current status on LPE or in #test!

(Note: Devs if you have anything else to add, please feel free too.

Valkyra
08-11-2008, 09:00 PM
FIRST!

Nice update! :)

Saromus
08-11-2008, 09:00 PM
Enjoy guys, :) devs feel free to update if needed

DragonSage
08-11-2008, 09:05 PM
Sweet! I can see the Punishment Zone as a [GM]Dave kind of thing...*GLEE*

Things are looking great guys, keep it up.

Saromus
08-11-2008, 09:06 PM
Sweet! I can see the Punishment Zone as a [GM]Dave kind of thing...*GLEE*

lmao

Kouto
08-11-2008, 09:06 PM
I love you guys <3

Good work with this, it keeps getting better and better.

Sti1garWormrider
08-11-2008, 09:07 PM
im excitede

Valoram
08-11-2008, 09:19 PM
Dang, I'm soooo excited. I never played SWG, so I have nothing to compare this too.....which means that every update brings a host of new things to try out :D :D :D

I'm like a kid in a candy store!!!

Phoenix Icecold
08-11-2008, 09:29 PM
Great job guys progress is coming along really well. Keep up the good work!!

goldcrud
08-11-2008, 09:31 PM
I can't wait to see new planets in SWG :D. TY Sytner, Valkyra and Davin. Over all awesome update all the devs are /BMOC.

Macrona
08-11-2008, 09:32 PM
ballz.

Quinlin
08-11-2008, 09:32 PM
Very sexy

259fol
08-11-2008, 09:36 PM
Good job, Another good update. :)

thecapn2004
08-11-2008, 09:52 PM
Great!

Danag
08-11-2008, 10:02 PM
I always look forward to the bi-weekly update. :)

Excellent work! :D

ObieOnce
08-11-2008, 10:13 PM
Thanks for all the hard work Devs! Looks like its coming along very nicely!

MrBlonde
08-11-2008, 10:14 PM
Nice update folks. :)

egoa
08-11-2008, 10:22 PM
Awesome! :D

Imperialassasin
08-11-2008, 10:31 PM
Good Update!

Ashur
08-11-2008, 10:49 PM
awesome update :)

cant wait fo tthe next one <3

Cazmu
08-11-2008, 10:55 PM
I guess this is a good update...

Kateb Ibliss
08-11-2008, 11:05 PM
Nice work.

Looking good as usual!

Andewa
08-11-2008, 11:12 PM
I am friggin excited!

Antisnow
08-11-2008, 11:13 PM
:O! whooters and (<3 crush <3) :)

(ive not been home all week to test :( )

Zaff
08-11-2008, 11:28 PM
The amount of progress over the past few updates is amazing. Keep it up. And the party at the cantina was a blast! Thanks for all the hard work.

Ekowraith
08-11-2008, 11:37 PM
cool!

Karric_
08-11-2008, 11:45 PM
As more and more projects interlock, the momentum of this gets bigger and bigger. All of you are doing such awesome jobs on this!

Pulastra
08-11-2008, 11:49 PM
good job

Newsound
08-12-2008, 12:00 AM
/BMOC = dev team. :)

kaque
08-12-2008, 12:22 AM
You guys are absolutely amazing! I can't believe the progress I'm seeing on this project. Your dedication and perseverance is unmatched by any project ever before tried by reverse engineering such a complex game as SWG. My hats off to all of you who are involved in the re-engineering of this magnificent game. I wish I could help but I can't even wrap my mind around what you are doing. I never thought this would be possible but I am so glad that you people are taking the effort to revive what was possibly the best game on the planet. You people are too awesome for words. Keep up the good work!

Diehomey!
08-12-2008, 12:36 AM
Great update guys!! Ive been buffing like crazy.

Emerzon
08-12-2008, 12:51 AM
Offending/Rule violating Players will be warped to the punishment zone and will be incapable of moving, speaking, or leaving, and it is up to the CSR to decide when the offender is released.

Awesome is all I can say about the punishment zone...of course its only a matter of time before players start arguing about who has spent more time "in the hole":D

Great update...great work from every aspect!! I really liked the screenie of Kash....

Axims
08-12-2008, 01:00 AM
Great update as always :)

Serpentkaa
08-12-2008, 01:31 AM
Great update!

Saromus
08-12-2008, 01:31 AM
Awesome is all I can say about the punishment zone...of course its only a matter of time before players start arguing about who has spent more time "in the hole":D

Great update...great work from every aspect!! I really liked the screenie of Kash....

hehehehehe lol i think deharak has automatic say on that :)

nostyleguy
08-12-2008, 02:41 AM
great stuff. keep it up

Vashman
08-12-2008, 02:44 AM
great update :D woot

Killiermo
08-12-2008, 03:19 AM
Awesome update :D

Winterbane
08-12-2008, 03:20 AM
absolutely superb. the rate of progress is phenomenal, the emu is really starting to be fleshed out

OldMaster
08-12-2008, 03:37 AM
Good job guys!

Can I see the punishment area? :rolleyes:

Max
08-12-2008, 03:42 AM
Good job guys!

Can I see the punishment area? :rolleyes:
Hehe, maybe I'll take you up one day....

It'll be fun. You can sit in invisible, inane silence, and think about how cool the update is.

Malady
08-12-2008, 04:02 AM
Great work so far. I just have one question so far. First I will quote and then the question.

cRush:

These past two weeks, I have received a tremendous amount of testing results from the community, assisting in the squashing of several nasty bugs pertaining to the recent medical implementations. Again, I want to thank the community for the outstanding job that has been done in this regard. Keep up the good work, and this project will be done before you know it! My focus going forward is going to be finishing off the Doctor and Medic profession entirely. I want to graduate to Combat Medic, and revisit the Cloning process. I will be implementing Curepacks for Poison and Disease, as well as introducing State packs for Dizzy, Blindness, Intimidation, Stun, and Fire blankets. I will also be completing the doctor skills which do not require medpacksl. I want to encourage all community members to drop by the IRC channel #swgemuheal and congregate with others as we finish off these two necessary professions.

Special recognition to the following exemplary testers: Antisnow, mrtopas, ashur, and karas. These members have found numerous bugs and given excellent feedback helping remedy the problems. Thank you all who submitted feedback! Without you, none of this would be possible!

I would like to know if you have tested Medic and Doctor buffs and heals with the foods. In other words is the speed buff/heal food and buff increase food working? Sorry can't think of the names of the foods right now. I think one of them was called Bavole (sp) Don't know how it was spelled.

Ratboy
08-12-2008, 04:21 AM
1) Update Overview: (TOC)[LIST]

2) Body:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lorrianna was kind enough to place nearly 100% of all clothing from Pre-Cu onto the Blue Frogs. So be sure to visit your local "Blue Frog" and grab some of those new clothes. Please note that not ALL of the clothes have been put on the blue frog yet, but all the clothes are in the source code. There are some known issues with Gender Restriction and players running around with every single piece of clothing on them. Devs are working on a fix for this. If you bump into Lorrianna be sure to thank her for taking her time to give us all these clothes!

Fixed some errors for u in the titles and the bullet point :lightsaber:

xavia
08-12-2008, 06:11 AM
I <3 you guys, amazing work!

--sirignano--
08-12-2008, 06:30 AM
looking really good there guys
good to hear about kashyyyk

Kruge99
08-12-2008, 06:34 AM
wow!! awesome work devs!!

bongandbeer
08-12-2008, 07:32 AM
the puzzle comes together,...

thumbs up again!

Aremathiea
08-12-2008, 08:08 AM
Excellent news. I didn't know of the new planet. :)

Max
08-12-2008, 08:13 AM
Excellent news. I didn't know of the new planet. :)
I think the new... "space".... would be a more accurate term. ;) hehehe

praxi34
08-12-2008, 08:28 AM
Very good job guys. The end of the tunnel is getting ever so close with every bi-weekly.

cRush
08-12-2008, 08:49 AM
I would like to know if you have tested Medic and Doctor buffs and heals with the foods. In other words is the speed buff/heal food and buff increase food working? Sorry can't think of the names of the foods right now. I think one of them was called Bavole (sp) Don't know how it was spelled.

Food hasn't been implemented, but once it does, it won't be hard to get them working with buffs.

KroniK
08-12-2008, 09:32 AM
Sweet I love the Bi-weekly updates. This is probally why I couldnt log in last night, all this awesomeness was being put in. Great work as usual.

Xenomorph
08-12-2008, 09:35 AM
Very nice update :D

Dervin-Bria
08-12-2008, 10:23 AM
sweet

TheIfi's
08-12-2008, 11:06 AM
Lol, I think I'm the one person who crashed during the Social Event.

Mason
08-12-2008, 11:16 AM
Awesome progress, keep it up!

Tow'lin
08-12-2008, 11:21 AM
I think the new... "space".... would be a more accurate term. ;) hehehe

I think he meant the one Davins working on lol.

But great update! Cool beans!

Regards,
Tow'lin Tow

Davickk
08-12-2008, 11:41 AM
Awesome job guys
<3

Saromus
08-12-2008, 12:53 PM
Fixed some errors for u in the titles and the bullet point :lightsaber:

Thanks ill fix those up :D

Ratboy
08-12-2008, 01:31 PM
:D !

Redrumm
08-12-2008, 01:56 PM
/hug dev /cry Its down

Killiermo
08-12-2008, 02:36 PM
/hug dev /cry Its down

/agree

togno
08-12-2008, 02:39 PM
So whats the benifite of building another planet at this point in time? This is kewl stuff but aren't there other, more basic, things that need to be completed? Or, was someone burned out on the same ole stuff and took a lil break to work on something different?
It's great to see this project moving along. Great work all!

_DM_
08-12-2008, 02:49 PM
w00t! +1 step to PreCu

Jlane
08-12-2008, 02:49 PM
whats with the punishment zone? sounds like something that could be easily abused.

Killiermo
08-12-2008, 02:53 PM
whats with the punishment zone? sounds like something that could be easily abused.

really i think the CSR , Moderaters and devs we have are responsible enuf to handle it ^^

Jlane
08-12-2008, 02:56 PM
really i think the CSR , Moderaters and devs we have are responsible enuf to handle it ^^

we can only hope.

KroniK
08-12-2008, 02:58 PM
Yeh I was about to get a buff from Serpentkaa and a guy with a very racist name came in shouting I'm just a poor ****** from the hood and need some blah blah, anyways Serpentkaa said hold on a sec, and a bubble popped up and said something about covering their mouth with duct tape and then they dissappeared, I thought it was pretty funny. They came back a couple of minutes later and their name had been changed.

wookiesniper
08-12-2008, 05:03 PM
Great work as always devs!

possiblyinsane87
08-12-2008, 05:21 PM
incredible... insanely awesome work guys.

monkay1407
08-12-2008, 05:55 PM
As usual, incredible work guys!! :D

Kabros
08-12-2008, 06:03 PM
aMaZiNG! :eek: Keep up the good work!! We are closer to the end :emperor::lightsaber:

tryber
08-12-2008, 06:05 PM
awesome work devs! keep it that way.

mazarill
08-12-2008, 09:11 PM
I love you guys

Torekk
08-12-2008, 09:23 PM
/worship swgemu team

keep it up guys yall rock

Fedora
08-12-2008, 09:37 PM
Yes! This is the best update yet!

I'm still sticking to that summer release idea! I'm not crazy!

btw can players visit the new instance?

Saromus
08-12-2008, 10:34 PM
Yes! This is the best update yet!

I'm still sticking to that summer release idea! I'm not crazy!

btw can players visit the new instance?

lol fedora >_<

bigbenz
08-12-2008, 11:40 PM
Looks awesome!!!!!!!!!! Did i hear of a instance??????????? I dont know if i like instances. It kinda kills the whole swg world.

Futuramaman
08-12-2008, 11:49 PM
Down or not I have been through enough with this emu project to know it will pay off very soon. I'm holding emu-team in my highest professional respect even though they aren't being payed for their incredibly professional work. That being said.....a wise man once told me the following: "the server will be up when it's up"

that's all for now, thanks :) :emperor:

Fedora
08-13-2008, 01:31 AM
lol fedora >_<

You'll see! You'll all see!!!

Looks awesome!!!!!!!!!! Did i hear of a instance??????????? I dont know if i like instances. It kinda kills the whole swg world.

I was merely referring to the newly created test planet, which has been Called New Instance. Not actually an instance.

Tolbat
08-13-2008, 01:49 AM
Thank you to everyone from top to bottom for all you do!
<3

Malady
08-13-2008, 03:02 AM
Food hasn't been implemented, but once it does, it won't be hard to get them working with buffs.

That will be great. It was more of a reminder then anything. I know you could get +25 from cloths, 101-103 food for speed, +25 for buff strength and +20 or 25 from using a droid. Which reminds me, don't forget the medical use droids for buffing outside a hospital and for the bonus to buffs.:)

mapiasal
08-13-2008, 04:18 AM
Nice!!!!

DeCastro
08-13-2008, 05:39 AM
Great update.

Tothix
08-13-2008, 11:08 AM
Amazing update, thanks for all the extra hard work you hve put into the emulator.

okegima
08-13-2008, 12:46 PM
awsome works :)

next stop housing, space and player city ??? :)))

munkor
08-13-2008, 01:35 PM
great work guys, as usual. I can almost taste pre-cu its coming along so well.

btw any news on missions?

Lion84
08-13-2008, 01:42 PM
Exciting!

Though I don't really see the point in spending time on making a completely -new- planet (which will take immense amount of time) when the project got tons of stuff left to be fixed and worked on in the pre-NGE content. SWG got enough square kilometres of nothing; adding one more boring planet won't make it better. Fixing features WOULD.

:)

apowerr
08-13-2008, 04:14 PM
Wooottt!

You guys rock, great work!

dark one
08-13-2008, 07:20 PM
Woot

Joshino
08-13-2008, 08:22 PM
<3 you guys are on fire!
(and girls)

Lantic
08-14-2008, 03:25 AM
Good Job Dev's! keep it up!

omap_kahokoe
08-14-2008, 04:03 AM
excellent.

man. i love progress.

Roger
08-14-2008, 05:44 AM
Nice.
I think this will be 100% complete at the end of this year.
I hope.

Magishadow
08-14-2008, 06:33 AM
When this project is done, (And it seems that it'll be done sooner than we thought) I really have no idea how I'll contain my joy. Y'all are doing a (Insert word here that describes how amazing they're doing) job. ;)

(I only added that because I can't find a word fitting for how well y'all are doing. You're making my Inner Nerd the Happiest guy that exists.) ;)

badfish
08-14-2008, 10:18 AM
Great stuff, more progress again! Keep up the great work :)

Gangy
08-14-2008, 12:21 PM
Very nice!

skinni
08-14-2008, 12:36 PM
<3<3<3

TankGun
08-14-2008, 02:21 PM
Alright, another great update keep it going:D

Torekk
08-14-2008, 02:47 PM
What happened to bi-weekly 14 that had crafting 2.0 in it....was that dropped or what

Seaseme
08-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Crafting is still in progress.. It's just an obscene amount of work and Kyle is really busy with life at the moment. We'll see another update here soon though :)

Maswill
08-14-2008, 03:19 PM
Awesome work! Love the Punishment Zone >:]

toro45
08-14-2008, 04:11 PM
:) getting closer every day

Pake
08-14-2008, 04:50 PM
Crafting is still in progress.. It's just an obscene amount of work and Kyle is really busy with life at the moment. We'll see another update here soon though :)

Is this perhaps some simple stuff that unskilled community members can do? I was thinking if there is say a template we could follow and just change information for items etc., well I for one am done my degree next week and could contribute some time, if this is the case. Plus I'm sure more would help as well.

Magishadow
08-14-2008, 11:47 PM
To be Honest, I'm waiting for Space access more than anything. When that comes up, I'll be hooked. I'm not going to ask for a time when it may be opened, because I'm not sure that y'all have any sort of schedule in the direct future to work on it. If you do have any plan for doing it in the near future, thanks alot anyways. ;)

Y'all are doing alot of good for all of the SWG lovers and beyond. ;)

mandolorianoutcast
08-15-2008, 08:58 AM
Who originally thought up the punishment zone? They should be given like an ingame badge hehe.

Dialgo
08-15-2008, 11:40 AM
awesome job guys! keep er up!

Saromus
08-15-2008, 03:10 PM
Who originally thought up the punishment zone? They should be given like an ingame badge hehe.

I believe kyle thought of it, as well as Farmer_John and a few others. And Kellina was involved with it also i think :p hes involved with alot of things <3

Ritter
08-15-2008, 10:54 PM
But I wanted to know what Kyle has been up to :(

hacker729
08-16-2008, 11:55 AM
are u guys updating again. cos i was able to log in last week to check the clothes but now i cant even load in. an a friend of mine cant even make his character.

EVILJUDE
08-16-2008, 01:06 PM
if your not using the launcher or checking the status in IRC, i would recommend at least the get the launcher (launchpad enhanced) because each of those places has the status of the TC.

Kscope
08-16-2008, 04:44 PM
good work

DSK123
08-16-2008, 05:21 PM
You guys are quite epic.

hacker729
08-16-2008, 07:51 PM
i did try the launcher an wen i click on desktop item after i installed it i get an error. still happens after many launcher downloads.

Moraeb
08-16-2008, 10:38 PM
Amazing as usual, keep up the good work!

GenralO
08-16-2008, 11:13 PM
Amazing as usual, keep up the good work!

my thoughts exactly

awesome progress

Solostampede07
08-17-2008, 12:09 PM
I just want to give all the Devs a great big Hug. It is really coming together ^_^

CovaTarano88
08-18-2008, 12:09 AM
Whens this bad boy gonna be back online? :rolleyes:

brunions
08-18-2008, 01:37 AM
When you start being a good boy.

Baak'Cha
08-18-2008, 02:24 AM
You guys are doing a great job knocking all this out!
And btw EVILJUDE, I love your sig!

Chaosbringer312
08-18-2008, 03:13 AM
Excellent work guys! Just that much closer to Pre-CU glory!

Juspar
08-18-2008, 08:54 AM
You guys amaze me. Congratulations not only on the fantastic progress you are making, but on the turn around you've made as a team and the professionalism you are showing.

I am very proud to be a member of SWGEmu.

dareios
08-18-2008, 01:13 PM
You guys amaze me. Congratulations not only on the fantastic progress you are making, but on the turn around you've made as a team and the professionalism you are showing.

I am very proud to be a member of SWGEmu.

Could not agree more! :)

/deepbow

USMCNick
08-18-2008, 04:36 PM
Nice work guys.

Seaseme
08-18-2008, 04:48 PM
look how much progress has been made since February. Amazing.

Tothix
08-18-2008, 07:37 PM
look how much progress has been made since February. Amazing.

Yeah, I wouldn't be supprised if it was released this February.

KroniK
08-18-2008, 07:55 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't be supprised if it was released this February.

That would make me happy, it would be a nice 21st birthday present.

bl4ckl4beled
08-19-2008, 02:31 AM
and why are you guys messing with the loot???, pretty sure that loot wasn't in old galaxies, its in gay games. like WoW.

i thought the loot was temp. just to make people play it to stress test it.

swg used there brains, unlike wow, you cant find metal peaces of armor on animals and i think it should not change.

and jedi will destroy all the work u guys r doing so..

Cuervo Jones
08-19-2008, 07:34 AM
usually the ones complaining about jedi are the ones who are jealous of them. as far as loot. and the whole "creatures having metal drops" its actually possible for any animal to eat something it shouldnt. that more than likely being the devs train of thought. maybe you havent been playing as long as most of us =/

Cazmu
08-19-2008, 07:41 AM
and why are you guys messing with the loot???, pretty sure that loot wasn't in old galaxies, its in gay games. like WoW.

i thought the loot was temp. just to make people play it to stress test it.

swg used there brains, unlike wow, you cant find metal peaces of armor on animals and i think it should not change.

and jedi will destroy all the work u guys r doing so..

Oh....My....Super Mario Brothers of Super Nintendo Entertainment System.

Have you ever, ever, ever, in your gaming career of playing MMO's since the mid 90s have not have loot? Loot is a good thing, because it rewards the player in a small amount for doing something that in-dangers him/her character and items they use.

"jedi will destroy all the work u guys r doing so.."

What on God's green earth. Do you not read the Expanded Universe books? There were force sensitives during the time era, a very few. Removing Jedi from this game or the ability of having FS is like removing the fact that Luke even existed.

Having them at a very few numbers is okay, but having them in great numbers was plainly dumb and dumber.

I never felt so violated by this post in my internetz career. :(

Baak'Cha
08-19-2008, 09:29 AM
Not to be a pain in the ass, but what's up with the server? It's been down for awhile now.

bl4ckl4beled
08-19-2008, 11:36 AM
Oh....My....Super Mario Brothers of Super Nintendo Entertainment System.

Have you ever, ever, ever, in your gaming career of playing MMO's since the mid 90s have not have loot? Loot is a good thing, because it rewards the player in a small amount for doing something that in-dangers him/her character and items they use.

"jedi will destroy all the work u guys r doing so.."

What on God's green earth. Do you not read the Expanded Universe books? There were force sensitives during the time era, a very few. Removing Jedi from this game or the ability of having FS is like removing the fact that Luke even existed.

Having them at a very few numbers is okay, but having them in great numbers was plainly dumb and dumber.

I never felt so violated by this post in my internetz career. :(

SWG takes place between Episode IV: A New Hope and Episode V: The Empire Strikes back and i'm PRITTY SURE between those movies there were not 30 other jedi just hanging out in ****in' cantinas. yes, i understand the whole spiel about force sensitive groups like the knight sisters, and 1 or 2 jedi per server was awesome but EVERYONE will play them if they put them in and the only way that you wont have these beating off fanboys cry is to just not put them in, because 80% of the people playing this emu will cry if jedi is in the game and they don't have it.
people crying till they get there way is the downfall of every great mmo and its what happened in swg, wow, diablo 2, and it will happen here as well unless you guys do what others didn't and thats understand that maybe the people who put years of there lives into creating a mmo maybe know more about some ****in' jack-offs siting around on the internet machine.

usually the ones complaining about jedi are the ones who are jealous of them. as far as loot. and the whole "creatures having metal drops" its actually possible for any animal to eat something it shouldnt. that more than likely being the devs train of thought. maybe you havent been playing as long as most of us =/

thats just an easy-out explaining something that never made sense in the first place. The guys at SoE understood that that **** was lame and created an entire crafting system and economy run by the players so that the players didn't half-to rely on the fact that the creature there fighting out in the tatooine desert had stumbled upon a magical sword and for some reason ****in' ate it.

and trust me i have been playing mmo's longer then you and i know how this **** turns out.

the appeal of galaxies was that you got to emerse yourself in the same galaxy from the movies but experience something completely different.

if you guys could stop beating off to your princess leah action figures wearing your luke skywalker gloves and actually think about it, i know, its hard to do that, but trust me, you'll see it will destroy the game........
like it did.

caveshmoe
08-19-2008, 11:53 AM
Easy there pardner....the admins will be able to adjust their individual servers to suit themselves and their players...the free market will determine what success a server will have...AFTER...the engine is done. Don't want jedi? Fine. Im sure you'll be able to find a server with absolutley no jedi and creatures like Rancor...who don't eat entire hunters alive...including their T-21s.

Let's get back to how much I enjoy buffing people so they can go out and stress test!!

Go Team!!

Fedora
08-19-2008, 01:51 PM
Whoa, I really have a problem with bla4ckb4eld already. Good to have you here, jackass. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Slowbus
08-19-2008, 04:22 PM
Is it up yet?

Great work guys!

The Flashpoint idea is great! I think Flashpoint would be a sick name for the world editor itself instead of the planet. But all in all, looks fantastic!

Keep it up. ;)

Cazmu
08-19-2008, 06:00 PM
SWG takes place between Episode IV: A New Hope and Episode V: The Empire Strikes back and i'm PRITTY SURE between those movies there were not 30 other jedi just hanging out in ****in' cantinas. yes, i understand the whole spiel about force sensitive groups like the knight sisters, and 1 or 2 jedi per server was awesome but EVERYONE will play them if they put them in and the only way that you wont have these beating off fanboys cry is to just not put them in, because 80% of the people playing this emu will cry if jedi is in the game and they don't have it.
people crying till they get there way is the downfall of every great mmo and its what happened in swg, wow, diablo 2, and it will happen here as well unless you guys do what others didn't and thats understand that maybe the people who put years of there lives into creating a mmo maybe know more about some ****in' jack-offs siting around on the internet machine.

You better pump your breaks kid, you think you know everything huh? We are not here to listen to an ******* who thinks this is what needs to happen. Go find a server that suits you and stop *****ing to us here on SWGEmu where they are only making the game and not the server.

CovaTarano88
08-19-2008, 07:37 PM
Ha...Ha...ha...your the first one in Punishment zone haha! Great job devs!

CovaTarano88
08-19-2008, 07:42 PM
Yeah same, I don't want to sound like a **** but do you know when the server is going back online?

Cuervo Jones
08-20-2008, 12:04 AM
and trust me i have been playing mmo's longer then you and i know how this **** turns out.

wtf? you dont know anything about me yet you wanna make a bold statement like that? your already contradicting yourself. you say they devs fail when they listen to what the people have to say as far as what to put in a game and what to take out... yet you want them to take out jedi. please stfu and let the devs do their job. *which they rock at btw) and you sir go back sit down, stfu and keep your bs whining posts to yourself. dont hate us cuz you cant get what we got.

JeromFelt
08-20-2008, 12:12 AM
man everyone gets edgy when the test center is down :O

Yay for the updates btw

Fedora
08-20-2008, 12:22 AM
Being edgy has nothing to do with it, this guy is a complete a-hole and he's getting called out for it.

Baak'Cha
08-20-2008, 12:43 AM
Motion seconded. I thought we decided douche-baggery was no longer allowed on the forums. Do we need a therapy thread where people can go and post all the drama they need to get off their chest?

259fol
08-20-2008, 12:50 AM
Just ignore him the next time he post again on this thread, he has no idea hes talking about.

Fedora
08-20-2008, 12:58 AM
While I am a firm believer in ignoring bullying, there are cases where you really do need to react. This guy is not like the typical trolls that we usually see around here and ignoring him would probably only make him act worse. Those types of people just need to be taken care of.

If he comes back then we'll scorch him, but we might have scared him off at this point.

Cuervo Jones
08-20-2008, 04:50 AM
:D whos up for some texas hold 'em!

XBitX
08-20-2008, 06:23 PM
Wow. I agree with you Fedora in all of what you said.

I would however like to point out to bl4ckl4beled that this isn't even close to what the game was. Considering you bolster about playing so many MMO's and knowing everything, why don't you remember anything about even one of those games?

If you were to think for even a second, you would realize it's a Test Center. Which doesn't have fully implemented crafting yet. Which would be the reason for there being loot. There was always loot in SWG, just not as good as it was now. It's the way it is now because of the fact that crafting isn't fully implemented (and yes I'm repeating myself, but I did it to make sure you know).

The Jedi situation is mute also. Actually even the loot situation is too. The developers are making the server to resemble as closely to Patch 14.1 as they can. Once that's done, they'll give the power to change things to the communities that are hosting the servers. If some want Jedi, they can have it. It doesn't matter now, because all they're doing is making it what it once was.

Just wanted to point all that out.

Pake
08-21-2008, 12:18 PM
Also, simply if you don't like Jedi adn don't want Jedi in then play on a server that will not allow Jedi. Simple. No discussion needed. If you feel you need to state your opinion state it in a civil mannor or go out side and yell and curse at a wall. Save us fro your *****ing. And if for some reason you are unable to find a server that has no Jedi, which should be odd since you did state the *FACT* that 80% of the people here do not want Jedi, then create one yourself. And if you do have to create one then I'm sure it will be the most poplar one, since as stated 80% of us don't want Jedi.

BTW, a word of advice, don't ever go into marketing, you will fail horribly!!!!

Just my 2 cents.

Baak'Cha
08-21-2008, 03:05 PM
Random ADD post....
Does anyone else think the punishment zone sounds like it could be fun? I don't know, maybe it's just my inner-masochist thinking out loud.....

Everlong17
08-26-2008, 08:11 AM
I'm loving the medic buffs. Reminds me how annoying it was to not be able to wear full armour, or any amount of armour without them :P

Max
08-26-2008, 08:39 AM
Random ADD post....
Does anyone else think the punishment zone sounds like it could be fun? I don't know, maybe it's just my inner-masochist thinking out loud.....
Its no fun. It's very pretty, but no fun.... You can't move, see yourself, see others, or chat. It's pretty nasty. But the view of Corellia and the Nebula is very nice.

melikeybouncy
08-26-2008, 11:35 AM
Max..lulz punishment zone...why not make a huge 10km lake somewhere, drop players in it and they have to swim. after they get out of the lake, another 10km walk to a shuttle port...but to make sure they dont numlock it all they way, put lots of high level mobs that dont drop loot.

also, no tells or anything either

MjMAC87
08-26-2008, 01:23 PM
lol brings back memories of PK village on Legend of Mir.

I always thought it was a great idea. If there is some kind of law enforcement to fit in with the likes of searches on smugglers, they should be punished. Other unlawful acts should also be dealt with, im not sure if there should be a location which they have to work their way back to somewhere, but possibly be detained for some time if caught or some other idea to ensure the offender's are punished :D

Darknessviperx
08-26-2008, 02:21 PM
:(

Everyone that wants jedi will unlock after awhile. Its gonna happen not matter if you like it or not. You cant let a couple of people get jedi and then lock out everyone else it wouldn't be fair to the casual players. What was Luke doing after the movies????? He was training jedi so we know there were force sensitives out there. NOT all the jedi died during order 66. One of the remaining jedi could have taken padawans we dont know. Theres a couple of excuses for the jedi pop.

brunions
08-26-2008, 02:29 PM
Then Darth Vader's secret apprentice killed them all with a force push.

Magus Schneider
08-26-2008, 04:01 PM
indeed

Jarryd999
08-26-2008, 05:02 PM
tfu ftw...demo ruuules

Fedora
08-26-2008, 05:34 PM
Thank goodness I'm playing on a no-Jedi server.

TrooperCooper
08-26-2008, 07:58 PM
Thank goodness I'm playing on a no-Jedi server.

Whats the adress? :D

Kaadus
08-31-2008, 12:00 AM
New semester starting so many are trying to get set into new classes

Test Center stability is being worked on, even while we are in our new semester classes. Kind of hard to work out Stats formulas when bouncing code off the walls of your brain :?

New idea kicked around is to allow Master ID to be able to apply some of the tatoos for Zabs to other species too. :eek: "Ok, who force choked me? Thats not funny" :eek: 'alright now, don't make me" :eek: "I hate dark side Zabs, they cant take joking."