-Medic/Doctor Updates
-Mission / ActionNPC Updates
-Client Emulation
-Crafting: Schematic Tool
-Various fixes

2) Body:

----------------------------------

PCP Updates
The Packaged Community Portal has made some significant progress, but we are still looking for more help. We are actively seeking Graphic Artists, Web Developers, and Security Analysts. Project details can be found on the PCP Wiki Page (http://www.assembla.com/wiki/show/swgemu/PCP_Packaged_Community_Portal).

These past two weeks, we have achieved some of the following updates:
Preliminary Authentication System ties in with SWGEmu server.
MyCharacters retrieves characters from your account and displays information about them from the most recent save.
News/Updates system is mostly completed, but undergoing a few internal tests and optimizations. - Thanks Tyrant.
Automatic parsing of common abbreviations to be formatted with XHTML/CSS markup. - Thanks Bryant.
Multiple themes are in the works, most notably are JtlBlue by Valkyra, Default Rebel by Towlin, and YT1300 by Washproof! These can be viewed on the live demo.Be sure to stop by the demo page http://pcp.swgemu.com to watch as this project explodes into a full fledged CMS. Please stop by #swgemuwebdev if you would like to help or just follow the progress.

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/5034/pcpvd7.th.jpg (http://img242.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pcpvd7.jpg)

Guilds:

Another social/community function goes live: GUILDS!

I (Farmer John) was working the last weeks on implementing guilds they way we know them from the live days.

A very first version (V.1.0.0) was added to the server code today.

We have terminals around Anchorhead and Theed, so feel free to stress-test it all out.

It is a huge chunk of code and changes and i am sure it might have "some" bugs and stability issues which might only arise under heavy load on TC.

Have fun, guilds !

Currently working:
# Guildcreation
# sponsoring
# accepting
# kicking
# full permission system
# guild renaming
# guild disbanding
# guildremove (target player)
# buttload of checks
# guildinformation
# election radial (disabled for now, no PA halls are in yet)
# guildrenaming under 24 h policity
# transfer leadership
# guild wide mails on actions
# guild leader mails
# Name check

Guild creation and guild renaming is checked against the restricted name list and profanity.

SVN Branch Structure Change:

We have changed the branch structure in our SVN. If you regularly checkout the source code from the public SVN, be sure to switch the repository URL to "core3/trunk/MMOCoreORB".

Purpose:
We have shifted our SVN structure to better accommodate large code changes with the least amount of disruption to the main trunk. Examples of branches we've made to the trunk are for Jedi development & restructured combat code. Both trunks are making major backend changes that could possibly disrupt the latest stable trunk on SVN. Essentially, this means we can develop / improve more features simultaneously with less bugs popping up!

Medic/Doctor Updates
Recently, Medic and Doctor professions received the /tenddamage, /tendwound, and /firstaid skills as well as knocking out almost all bugs associated with the profession. This pushes it closer to being fully implemented; however, Medic and Doctor are currently undergoing some restructuring to make the code more efficient and to make it ready for Combat Medic which Valkyra has started some early work on.

Some of Valkyra's work can be seen here:
http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/4020/screenshot0041ln1.th.jpg (http://img381.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot0041ln1.jpg)http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/3628/screenshot0042xs0.th.jpg (http://img113.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot0042xs0.jpg)

Anyone who can lend a hand to the internal testing of the new Medic/Doctor structure should hang out in #swgemuheal.

Mission / ActionNPC Updates:

Earlier this morning, the mission manager & objects, Action NPC, and the special mission terminal hit SVN. Certain parts of the code have been omitted because they are either unstable or incomplete. There are two test missions and an ActionNPC hard coded that work, but have been commented until the Item actions and scripting have been completed.

When Item actions do get implemented, you will start to see deliver missions popping up on the Test Center. I will make a post in the general forum when this happens, and you can check the special mission terminal in Theed (around (-4843, 4156)).

Client Emulation:

Before Engine3/Core3 gets to the point where it will rule the world, Oru has added client emulation functionality to the core. This means we will be able soon be able to spawn "bots" that can stress various features and fixed bugs that cannot be completely apparent through TC feedback.

A more stable server & precu environment, in layman's terms.

Crafting: Schematic Tool:

While it might appear that everything has been quiet on the crafting front, it simply is not the case. Most people here have no comprehension of the enormity of crafting. Over the last month or two, I have compiled all of the info we have collected thus far on to schematics into 1 database which is now accessible by a tool. The tool gives us the ability to quickly edit schematics, enter in missing information and make the data accessible to each person in the Crafting Data team in real time. Essentially, we can manage, edit, create, and generate schematic LUA's 100x faster than before. Also, the data entry format is independent to the script format, so we can easily make script format changes and just regenerate all of the scripts at will. This tool reached it's first functioning state last night, and we have been working all day with it to get people trained on how to use it. I have also been working on updates for the crafting system, which should see SVN in the next few days.

http://www.ocdsoft.com/editor.jpg (http://www.ocdsoft.com/editor.jpg)

Various fixes:

Along with the spectacular stability fixes provided usually by Oru/TA, here are SOME gameplay tweaks/fixes have been made:

-You can cure conditions on other players now.
-Added Intimidate statepacks
-Wounds can no longer be healed while meditating.
-/healstate heals first state that it comes to that you have medicine for (that you can use) in this order: dizzy, intimidated, blinded, stunned.
-Bothan base stats have been fixed.
-Enhance, Wound, Cure, Heal, Healstate timers adjusted to their real formulas.
-/firstaid, /tenddamage and /tendwound now work.
-Can no longer use medical packs or medical skills while meditating
-Added Vehicle Deeds to Blue Frog, datapad deeds removed.
-Non Humans should now be able to stat migrate properly
-MonCal female artisans no longer spawn naked (uhh..)
-Added More Lairs, Currently Just Corellia Till i can fix/update the rest
-Preliminary House work started.

Ramsey
09-14-2008, 04:12 PM
3) Developers Perspective: (Round Table)

I have been busy trying to balance my college courses, development of two websites, and get ready to start the job hunting process. In the spare time I have found, I have began to organize Medic/Doctor code and break it into a more efficient structure. Furthermore, much progress has been completed on PCP as it evolves towards its end goal. Once my personal website is launched, I should find more time and less pressure on me.

As many of the devs here, I am starting this semester. I will have much less free time this semester (Senior Year) and I am required to fulfill 1 or 2 internships in addition to my full class load and full time job. My plan for the next few months for SWGEmu are to finish the crafting framework, and get schematic entry started for all professions. When this is started, I am going to start the Artificial Intelligence framework for Creatures and NPC's. They are going to kick your butt hardcore. Be ready.

Ramsey:

Something I would like to do is develop a definition of what our "v1.0" release should contain. The v1.0 release will lift the connection limit on the public builds of engine3, and allow others to run their own SWG precu servers however they like. We have stated before that a v1.0 release should be able to support the ground portion of the game, so we'll start with that.

Tonight I will create a topic in the staff section of the forums and get to work over the next two weeks in coming up with what we need before v1.0, then share that with you guys in the next BiWeekly. With the definition of what a v1.0 release is, a ballpark ETA for release is more feasible.

Bobius:

I've just committed the work I've been doing with item permissions. You can now set very specific restrictions on who can use individual items (by faction / sex / species / overtness). I know some of you have been working on creating loottables. To make your lives easier I've also created a LootTable Permission Tool. Put it on a php server, point it to your DB, and go. It should help you set item permission very quickly.

Now that I'm done this, I'm going to start my work on setting regions (no build areas, active regions, etc.) Which this is finished, we'll be able to do a lot of interesting things, such as player structures, and event triggers.

More to come!

4) Closing:

Our push torwards v1.0 is coming closer every update. The Packaged Community Portal will inevitably become a server owners best friend and will eventually cover up the whole on the Administrative Tools side.

Combat code overhauls are taking place, which should make combat much less buggier and easier to work with (in and out of script). Data collection for Crafting, while almost invisible to the community, has been going strong. Kyle's tool, detailed in the Body section of this BiWeekly, has been a valuable asset to the team and will bring back an accurate implementation of the crafting system we have come to love.

We will also be looking into how we can use Missions as "test assignments" to make testing of specific features more straight forward.

Almost there guys!
-Team SWGEmu

Ramsey
09-14-2008, 04:14 PM
We will also be distributing "testing awards" in the form of a nice ingame item on the TC soon to those that have stepped up and been excellent testers. More info to come.

----

Staff: Feel free to add posts to the round table!

259fol
09-14-2008, 04:15 PM
First. :p

Nice job ramsey with the update.

Ashur
09-14-2008, 04:18 PM
second

nice

Nolcro
09-14-2008, 04:21 PM
Great job guys!

Nolcro
09-14-2008, 04:22 PM
Grr double post :(

Ekaika
09-14-2008, 04:24 PM
UberUpdate. Good luck with the semester guys, don't get your priorities mixed up :D

edycal
09-14-2008, 04:24 PM
3rd :P

nice one guys, awesome work!

Nolcro
09-14-2008, 04:39 PM
3rd :P

nice one guys, awesome work!

Late :P

taffy
09-14-2008, 04:39 PM
looks good.

thanks a lot.

yakcam33
09-14-2008, 04:40 PM
I was wondering if a wiki section is in the works for setting up the PCP features. Maybe I missed it somewhere...are the PCP features/ forum linking to Core ready to be implemented on private *test* servers?

oh btw... awesome update thanks

Diehomey!
09-14-2008, 04:40 PM
well done, well done.

Phoenix Icecold
09-14-2008, 04:42 PM
Great Job people keep up the great work!

Runny
09-14-2008, 04:43 PM
good work :)

feroxfire
09-14-2008, 04:45 PM
great job devs...ive been gone for the summer...but ive returned to test anything you want!

daxxvacine
09-14-2008, 04:46 PM
The idea of an ETA for v1.0 is EXCITING! It seems we have never gotten anything like that!

Great work Everyone!!

-maven-
09-14-2008, 04:50 PM
very nice work guys and gals keep it up

Timbab
09-14-2008, 04:54 PM
<3

Question, what do you need Graphic Artists for? for Program/PCP interface?

Karas
09-14-2008, 04:58 PM
good job <3

ZerohourUK
09-14-2008, 05:52 PM
Good **** guys!

waa
09-14-2008, 05:55 PM
[
Various fixes:

Along with the spectacular stability fixes provided usually by Oru/TA, here are SOME gameplay tweaks/fixes have been made:

-Wounds can no longer be healed while meditating.

HUH?

Meditating pre-cu could heal wounds at lvl 4, I hope the above was referring to the first 3 lvls

http://swg.allakhazam.com/db/abilities.html?swgability=327

goldcrud
09-14-2008, 06:08 PM
Awesome update. Can't wait to test guilds :).

TheA-froChild
09-14-2008, 06:19 PM
WHERE IS MY JTL!!! *Cry*

Timbab
09-14-2008, 06:26 PM
WHERE IS MY JTL!!! *Cry*

Go back to Spore noob!

pie eater
09-14-2008, 06:30 PM
lol dont worry man ground work comes first thats always the way its been

egoa
09-14-2008, 06:32 PM
Very nice updates as usual!

SikoahGrace
09-14-2008, 06:36 PM
very nice :D great work!

good luck with your coursework, your internships and ahem job hunting

Serpentkaa
09-14-2008, 06:40 PM
Love the update. It shows huge progress made behind the scenes.

Tow'lin
09-14-2008, 07:02 PM
Great update! Hope all of you enjoy my Rebel PCP theme, it'll be up there soon!

Regards,
Tow'lin Tow

taffy
09-14-2008, 07:09 PM
HUH?

Meditating pre-cu could heal wounds at lvl 4, I hope the above was referring to the first 3 lvls

I have the same question. Meditate is supposed to heal wounds..

clarification, please?

malthol
09-14-2008, 07:18 PM

clarification, please?

This was clarified over a week ago: http://swgemu.com/forums/showpost.php?p=239773&postcount=3

republicgold
09-14-2008, 07:40 PM
will i finaly be able to wear my armor? becasue i cant put on a full suit of it even wiht all the buffs ever since @buff was taken out i havnt been able to wear a full suit of armor

praxi34
09-14-2008, 08:00 PM
Excellent work guys. The light at the end of the tunnel is coming ever nearer with every update. I can't wait for the next update especially with the flood of schematics coming through with Kyle's tool.

Kyrm347
09-14-2008, 08:01 PM
Thanks to all the Staff for all of your arse busting work, we DO appreciate the progress :)

(wish I could give you guys and gals more of hand in helping out, but I doubt I have any skills that you would need at the present time)

TravisC555
09-14-2008, 08:05 PM
Nice update! Keep up the good work. I can't wait to help test guilds out :)

-Abaddon-
09-14-2008, 08:40 PM
/Bows

*Makes Guild*

Thank you, I really appreciate the work you guys have done.

Tolbat
09-14-2008, 08:58 PM
looking good

:-)

Abbie
09-14-2008, 09:01 PM
A bi-weekly update on my b-day. Yay!

whistletock
09-14-2008, 09:04 PM
Another great update!
Good news in an otherwise dreary time...

Jubba
09-14-2008, 09:17 PM
Excellent job!!!

Thanks to the Devs and all the contributors and testers. WooT!! :D

acau
09-14-2008, 09:18 PM
Been away for awhile and YOU GUYS WILL ALWAYS FRICKEN ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent update, thank you.

mysingerd
09-14-2008, 09:28 PM

clarification, please?

You are correct. Meditate does heal damage and wounds. The problem was that on TC you were able to use woundpacks and tendwound while meditating which you should not have been able to do. The ability to use medical skills while meditating was taken out. Meditation requires absolute focus and you should not be able to use other skills while meditating, except /powerboost :)

MikeCool
09-14-2008, 09:40 PM
Good job guys!

Another great update i see. :)

MiniMe
09-14-2008, 10:36 PM
WOW, you're update is awesome! Long live the past!...uh present! wait.. the future!!! yay!!!

Kisses Ramsey's feet.... you are worthy, you are worthy!

blazinyou
09-14-2008, 11:15 PM
teach me how to use the schematic editor!! fo real, teach me an ill do it.

Aterr Terradon
09-14-2008, 11:18 PM
teach me how to use the schematic editor!! fo real, teach me an ill do it.

I'm with you there m8. 10-20 People knocking that out and we'd cut the workload in half :p

Boustij
09-14-2008, 11:26 PM
are the guild terminals on TC now? or is that a soon to happen thing?

cRush
09-14-2008, 11:33 PM
Graphic designers for PCP are needed to develop some first rate themes. Please come into #swgemuwebdev if you consider your self a top notch graphic designer. Strong CSS skills are a plus.

MrBlonde
09-14-2008, 11:40 PM
Nothing better then coming back from a weekend of partying to see an update like this.

Thanks guys. :)

onik
09-14-2008, 11:52 PM
Great update, can't wait for the release of v1.0 :D

darkboarder8
09-15-2008, 04:13 AM
Awesome job guys :D

RegularJohn
09-15-2008, 04:26 AM
It's just so awesome...Cant believe how much progress that's been made. Two millions /thumbsup to the Devs!

Xenomorph
09-15-2008, 05:41 AM
Nice progress as it always is :)

HadesDeath
09-15-2008, 06:38 AM
Awesome job guys. Keep up the great work, and as always it's much appreciated.

windcaller
09-15-2008, 07:03 AM
Good job everyone! If SWG was made by the Emu team i think WoW would've been the emo game by now.

Tothix
09-15-2008, 07:22 AM
Great work!

Dialgo
09-15-2008, 07:54 AM
Nice job devs! keep up the amazing work! Woooot!

Kruge99
09-15-2008, 08:48 AM
Great work everyone!!

Regards,
Kruge99.

washproof
09-15-2008, 09:07 AM
1st? :P

good work everyone!

Skappato
09-15-2008, 09:12 AM
You have our gratitude :)

Keep up with your great work

Big-N-Buff
09-15-2008, 11:18 AM
the words ETA, swgemu, and v1.0 all in the same sentence written by a dev...doesn't get much better than that

cable-odinson
09-15-2008, 11:45 AM
What an update. V1.0 is getting closer TYVM anyone and everyone contributing to this project /honerable bow

toilet_duck
09-15-2008, 11:59 AM
Awesome update! Thanks everyone!

Iacou
09-15-2008, 03:07 PM
the words ETA, swgemu, and v1.0 all in the same sentence written by a dev...doesn't get much better than that

Agreed. I hope our playerbase understands how monumental that simple statement by the devs is to our dream.

Arsonist
09-15-2008, 03:56 PM
Amazing update, i can't wait to make a guild. I love the work you guys are doing i wish i could help in a better way.

Oh and what all goes into being a graphic designer for the PCP? I'd love some more info thanks... now off to TC!

Masterage
09-15-2008, 04:13 PM
With the definition of what a v1.0 release is, a ballpark ETA for release is more feasible.

OMG :O All it took was those three letters in a Ramsey post to make me spit coffee all over my nice new work monitor. Good stuff!!!

TankGun
09-15-2008, 04:18 PM
Sweet update, keep up the good work:D

Torekk
09-15-2008, 04:35 PM
Best update yet, cant wait for citys, housing, crafting exc. I am confused though, is this when its announced and it comes out 2 weeks after the 14th or what

Ramsey
09-15-2008, 05:36 PM
Best update yet, cant wait for citys, housing, crafting exc. I am confused though, is this when its announced and it comes out 2 weeks after the 14th or what

Most of the features announced are already on the SVN. They usually take some time (few days) to hit the Test Center though.

SVN Changes can be viewed here: http://trac2.assembla.com/swgemu/timeline

xavia
09-15-2008, 05:56 PM
You guys are awesome!

Emerzon
09-15-2008, 07:16 PM
Client Emulation:

Before Engine3/Core3 gets to the point where it will rule the world,

Lol, I like the sound of that...great update!

apowerr
09-15-2008, 09:52 PM
Woot, its so exciting to see the 1.0 release talked about like this.

Great work SWGEmu Devs!

Kaadus
09-15-2008, 10:46 PM
WOW this is a major update. I was re-roofing my house when my son told me there was a new update. I was just thinking the other day about when we would be able to place house. The fact that they will soon lay out the regions for where structures can and can not be placed is a huge thing.

I have to go take a shower (I look like a tar baby) but I think I will come back and read this update afterward because I am freaking out over how much more has been done.

You know it was looking shaky there for a bit, but the speech about unity, forgiving and an olive branch is akin to the speeches of old. It makes me think of how WWII was won. Uniting the people to resolve that situation. Americans, Russians, English and so on united to overcome an injustice that was being done to mankind.

We are all united and we see what is being done to set things right for all the people who had their professions taken from them. This team of Devs and testers deserve the Gaming Metal of Honor. I am 42 and have been gaming from the DOS 5.0 days and I can tell you that I have not seen anything like this.

TheA-froChild
09-15-2008, 11:31 PM
Eta For The Win!!!

'Sombre
09-16-2008, 12:35 AM
I hear talk bout an ETA, all i saw was "Almost there guys"

Valoram
09-16-2008, 01:10 AM
wow, that is a great update devs!
I'm excited to soon see housing and cities :D

Zaff
09-16-2008, 02:21 AM
Wow. There is going to be an ETA. That's an accomplishment as exciting as when you announced getting into the sandbox.

Eocyn
09-16-2008, 03:01 AM
HUH?

That was a list of bugs that has been fixed, we should now be able to heal wounds by meditating.. We could not before.

Wilzon
09-16-2008, 04:19 AM
Wow, great progress!

:bow:

_DM_
09-16-2008, 04:43 AM
YAMMi!

falk
09-16-2008, 08:09 AM
Hi

You guys are doing an awsome job, thx.

Im loggin from Denmark, last night I was, for a long time, finally able to get on TC, had a package loss of 95% though, if it can be of any help.

Falk

cRush
09-16-2008, 01:20 PM
Something I would like to do is develop a definition of what our "v1.0" release should contain. The v1.0 release will lift the connection limit on the public builds of engine3, and allow others to run their own SWG precu servers however they like. We have stated before that a v1.0 release should be able to support the ground portion of the game, so we'll start with that.

Tonight I will create a topic in the staff section of the forums and get to work over the next two weeks in coming up with what we need before v1.0, then share that with you guys in the next BiWeekly. With the definition of what a v1.0 release is, a ballpark ETA for release is more feasible.

This is not saying that we will have an exact ETA. This is not saying that the server is almost finished. Please don't take things out of context.

This is simply saying that we are growing closer to RC1.0 and that we might be able to estimate about how much more time it will be before having all the features implemented that will be included in RC1.0 AFTER we decide exactly what will be in RC1.0.

Again, not saying that the server will be ready on August 14, 2009. There is no way to know for sure when we will be done. Stop the speculation and misinformation please.

okegima
09-16-2008, 01:25 PM
awsome works.

Ramsey
09-16-2008, 03:32 PM
Thank you, cRush.

L'aasin
09-16-2008, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the update guys. It's good to see that things are really progressing even if we don't see it on the TC.

I do have one question about the way in which you are scripting the crafting process. I was wondering if you are currently working to keep the code somewhat flexible so as to offer server teams the ability to manipulate some of the crafting elements or are you going to tackle that after the initial coding is done?

Dannyjax
09-16-2008, 10:50 PM
This is not saying that we will have an exact ETA. This is not saying that the server is almost finished. Please don't take things out of context.

This is simply saying that we are growing closer to RC1.0 and that we might be able to estimate about how much more time it will be before having all the features implemented that will be included in RC1.0 AFTER we decide exactly what will be in RC1.0.

Again, not saying that the server will be ready on August 14, 2009. There is no way to know for sure when we will be done. Stop the speculation and misinformation please.

I read each post and did not see any misinformation. I did not see anyone say we were getting an ETA. I did see a lot of excitement over the fact that the update stated that with the upcoming changes/projects, would put us close to knowing when a ballpark ETA for release is more feasible. So I did not see anyone taking things out of context, just a lot of excitement over the the fact that soon we will be close to knowing when we can set an ETA or a ballpark ETA is feasible.

And I must say that it really makes me feel giddy. Before this post it was like I really had no idea when an ETA could be set, 10 or 15 years from start to official release of the public servers is what I was thinking. I think this update is a huge improvement over the last one(though it was great in it's self). Everyone is not expecting an ETA in the next update, but its awesome to use those 3 little letters.

ETA ETA ETA its almost like buffing my mind,:D

Kaadus
09-16-2008, 11:06 PM
Here's a debuff then
close to knowing when a ballpark ETA for release is more feasible

Stickito
09-16-2008, 11:12 PM
Here's a debuff then

That's like logging off with a piece of armor on and coming back with a -399 modifier on your secondary stats!

toro45
09-17-2008, 03:21 PM
Nice, getting even better each update :D

good work guys

Jlane
09-17-2008, 08:46 PM
damnit, an update like this comes out when im evactuated because of hurricane ike /: now im in BF Arkansas, this state sucks.

OldMaster
09-18-2008, 01:08 PM
Congratulations for the good job done so far :)

munkor
09-19-2008, 05:07 PM
great job guys...

i think when mission terminals are up and running, it'll just feel like the old SWG.

everything you've achieved in the last few months is outstanding... and of course everything before... its just amazing how fast things are coming along

MiniMe
09-19-2008, 10:17 PM
I've gone and peed my pants i'm so darn excited!!!!!! EEEEEEP! I LOVE EVERYONE!!!

KroniK
09-23-2008, 12:56 PM
Woot, gahlee I miss a week due to being sick and yall go and add a ton of new stuff. Thanks for the update. Great job as usual.

Raculas
09-27-2008, 03:49 PM
um awsome work but....can u fix this crap:i deleted my first char bcause where was i was lag and now i cant create a char+can u fix lag pls :rolleyes: :emperor: