PDA

View Full Version : Important: New NGE Patch.

Ultyma
02-22-2007, 09:19 PM
As a few sad sad people who actually still play the NGE have found out, there was a patch today that replaced a few of the DLL's in the SWG directory.

The procedure entry point _AIL_set_3D_sample_playback_rate@8 could not be located in the dynamic link library mss32.dll

Or some other error involving mss32.dll.

For us normal people who don't play on Live, this doesn't mean anything. But for those sad sad people who continue to play that piece of shi... I mean NGE, you will need to reinstall the emu DLL's.

I would suggest keeping 2 copies of SWG. One for Live, and one for the emu.

Its easier this way.

If you need a copy of the old PreCU mss32.dll, download here:
http://swgemu.com/Mss32.dll

Smusatto
02-22-2007, 09:20 PM
lol thanks for the update. I'll add something about this to the FAQ tonight.

DrewC
02-22-2007, 09:20 PM
stupid SOE

dynasty
02-22-2007, 09:27 PM
love how soe is trying to sabotage the emu :eek:

Farsun
02-22-2007, 09:29 PM
this gets better every day...

shastadude15
02-22-2007, 09:39 PM
Hey, possible links? Muchas gracias! I don't play but my friend does and he's a retard who couldn't figure this out on his own. Hail teh emu!!

Gulkia
02-22-2007, 09:42 PM
hey does SOE still give out the old dll files?

Soulbrother
02-22-2007, 09:42 PM
files found here
http://www.robcherry.net/swg/

oh and i sadly play NGE /shun self
heard about it b4 i logged on so luckily i did it before it ruined the files.

Futuramaman
02-22-2007, 09:44 PM
The emu installer should maybe include downloading the original DL's regardless of whether they already appear to be there.

sid_lowca
02-22-2007, 10:30 PM
sabotage for sure, no question about it, no need to worry here though. f---ing NGE

Stragerz
02-22-2007, 10:36 PM
ROFL! This is comedy GOLD! Didn't I hear Smed not too long ago with this remark? "You don't think we're worried about this, do you?" ROFL, sure looks like it pal.

ZeroAccend
02-22-2007, 10:55 PM
I don't know about you guys, but this made me laugh my ass off...and it made me really happy to boot.
Yes, SOE is blatently trying to screw over the people who still play the NGE by deterring future emu play through the changing of key files the emu needs (which is beyond me why they'd want to lose the few customers they have left), and you know what that smells like?

FEAR

They know what's coming and not only do they not like it, but they can't do a thing about it. So they have 2 options left. Do nothing, or make it so THEIR customers can't play the emu (as if that'll stop you guys LoL). They threw away the best game ever and now its coming back to bite 'em in the ass.

GOOD. **** 'EM!

To the devs, I say "drive on and succeed". This is one of the biggest compliments that could have been given to you. SOE feels threatened. YOU threatened them and your supporters reinforced it.

Congrats.

eadthem
02-22-2007, 11:28 PM
k heres what i got so far swg did not go out of there way to sabotauge the emu the command reffranced in the error was one that miles deprechated because a better command is now avalable so it was removed

you can even get a copy of the same file off the miles website
http://www.radgametools.com/mssdown.htm

so the question is will miles let us include a copy of the old file for fliping back and forth and for offering as a download

btw mss32.dll is miles sound system 32bit version

Roidrage667
02-23-2007, 12:34 AM
Like that does any harm to us. :)

Geral
02-23-2007, 12:35 AM
How do we know it's sabotage and SOE isn't just.. optimizing.. it's files?

02-23-2007, 12:39 AM

Because we're paranoid? =P

Garrion
02-23-2007, 12:49 AM
That file does serv as a fix yes. But after that, I still get the error (without the quotes) "The procedure point _MSSDisableThreadLibraryCalls@4 could not be located in the dynamic link library mss32.dll. " Hit ok 4 or more times and it goes away launching the emu. But that error is annoying. I wonder if uninstalling then reinstalling would help. Or if there is another Method.

Juno
02-23-2007, 01:22 AM
I don't know about you guys, but this made me laugh my ass off...and it made me really happy to boot.
Yes, SOE is blatently trying to screw over the people who still play the NGE by deterring future emu play through the changing of key files the emu needs (which is beyond me why they'd want to lose the few customers they have left), and you know what that smells like?

FEAR

They know what's coming and not only do they not like it, but they can't do a thing about it. So they have 2 options left. Do nothing, or make it so THEIR customers can't play the emu (as if that'll stop you guys LoL). They threw away the best game ever and now its coming back to bite 'em in the ass.

GOOD. **** 'EM!

To the devs, I say "drive on and succeed". This is one of the biggest compliments that could have been given to you. SOE feels threatened. YOU threatened them and your supporters reinforced it.

Congrats.

Amen man.
Amen.

That's exactly what they want you to think.

*cue dramatic music*

Thanks for the update Ultyma. Great to have a heads up.

I can feel SOE's fear. And it feels good.

Malady
02-23-2007, 01:28 AM
I would suggest keeping 2 copies of SWG. One for Live, and one for the emu.

Its easier this way.

I already do. I have one that is StarwarsGalaxies and the second that is StarwarsGalaxies EMU. Works great.

Hellaz
02-23-2007, 02:01 AM
people still play official swg........

lol?

Zepear
02-23-2007, 02:09 AM
What's the NGE? Is that some kind of cheap food item. :eek:

SqUiShEe
02-23-2007, 02:19 AM
Ulty, ur lucky you didnt decide to do that...ahem...thing
the other day after they released that patch :)

Nightscream
02-23-2007, 05:28 AM
****ing SOE Why SOE not Understanding NGE is Bull**** and Pre CU is Star Warsy and is more fun as allways Play .

There is no SOE No more No More Broken :)

Agi'nor
02-23-2007, 05:34 AM
yup SOE are ****ting there pants hardcore now so they are changing random files to prevent people playing both , because i mean there is no easy way of playing both like having an install for each which defeats the whole file conspiracy is there :rolleyes:

gurluas
02-23-2007, 05:36 AM
its a problem for people like me that got no swg disks... and has to connect to the nge to get the files needed

Keir Avon
02-23-2007, 06:35 AM
Only a suggestion, but on the top of their forum page in EQ-emu, they have a "DO NOT PATCH TO LIVE" banner.
Just thinking it could save some unnecessary posting?

SiliconBandit
02-23-2007, 07:24 AM
I wildly doubt SOE could do anything to stump the SWGEmu-team for more then say, 8 hours, assuming that the emu-dev's actually do sleep for 8 hours a night.

Good thing I let my sub run out about a month back lol.

SiliconBandit

Azhar
02-23-2007, 07:30 AM
Tinfoil hat much?

If Sony wanted to harm us and bring us down, they'd make sure we stay down. Not with just a friggin 2d sound library file.

Come on guys lighten up. Yes SOE screwed us over in the past, but at least they always tell us if they do, along with an apology and a "too bad we're not going back".

It's not like they haven't patched DLL files before.

Animea_Jay
02-23-2007, 08:43 AM
for a measly 5,000 US money i know a guy, who knows a guy, who shot a guy once....

just throwing that out there...

idiotboy
02-23-2007, 08:58 AM
Let this be a lesson to you guys who still play nge... s0ny is bad.. and they hate you.. and they will come and kidnap your dog. stay away!! :)

noxeven
02-23-2007, 09:52 AM
thanks for the info. live is so boring there nothing to do anymore, i need a new game to play while i wait for the emu to release i was thinking about jumping back on mxo but i heard that sucks now to but idk i just need something to occupy myself any suggestions. anyway thanks again

Animea_Jay
02-23-2007, 10:05 AM
MxO was pretty cool in beta...

whats new with it?

i was a lvl 50 viral dude

PhantomLeader
02-23-2007, 10:06 AM
Stay on topic...

sakimonk
02-23-2007, 11:04 AM
Dumb SOE, luckely i got patched up via trial 3 days ago (i think) and i havent touched NGE scince i am so luck oh that reminds me erm how can i get the server IP address if i am with sky as i cant log in IRC :O my mates internet cut out for the day and im depereate

Shadow10k
02-23-2007, 11:12 AM
Wow, what are the odds. I quit NGE a little while ago and thought I'd pop on today to look at Entertainer Expertise. Today of all days! So now I have to get the patches ago. Curse SOE! That was a really low blow!

Sonako
02-23-2007, 11:26 AM
Yeah, so if we went in yesterday for Chapter Five, what exactly do we have to do?? Im wanting to make separate folders for Live and Emu, since I still have a few friends who play. Just dont want it to mess up my Emu files. Can anyone give me a to-do list?! :eek:

HatchetHarry
02-23-2007, 11:37 AM
That file does serv as a fix yes. But after that, I still get the error (without the quotes) "The procedure point _MSSDisableThreadLibraryCalls@4 could not be located in the dynamic link library mss32.dll. " Hit ok 4 or more times and it goes away launching the emu. But that error is annoying. I wonder if uninstalling then reinstalling would help. Or if there is another Method.
I get that same problem, hit ok a few times though and it launches.

Garrion
02-23-2007, 12:07 PM
I know, but that error is so freakin anoying.

akor
02-23-2007, 12:08 PM
I think we all need to take a moment of silence for all the sad sad people who still play the NGE.

Garrion
02-23-2007, 12:10 PM
I still have friends there... Trying to get them to come play the emu. I think 1 is interested, but she isn't toobright with the comp stuff. Hopein to get her and others on tonight too :D

Akelei
02-23-2007, 12:12 PM
Its not intentional sabotage, and as for the name calling quit being immature. Some people still play the NGE but prefer Pre-CU, simple as that.

Garrion
02-23-2007, 12:15 PM
Truth I hate the NGE, recently came back cause I miss my friends. I would love to see SOE fold over on the NGE. My closest friend came back and plays more then I do. She is now bored with it and don't hardly play anymore. So hoping I can get her here :D She loves Bio Engineer and Creature Handler so I think she will be here soon :D

Samcuu
02-23-2007, 12:28 PM
UGH! im glad i saw this thread today...i saw a new patch was coming out but i havent downloaded it yet so thanks for the info its a life saver

DavinFelth
02-23-2007, 12:53 PM
Mwuhahaha, I just use the old TC location for it so I'm safe, plus I have a .rar somewhere of some of the .dll's so if someone needs some I might be able to help out :)

Ashur
02-23-2007, 01:46 PM
as ulty said. 2 swg folders ftw, only 9gig of space is needed.

Xbwalker
02-23-2007, 02:18 PM
haha ONLY 9gb. I rememebr the day when 10gb was teh pwn!

Azhar
02-23-2007, 02:37 PM
haha ONLY 9gb. I rememebr the day when 10gb was teh pwn!

you must be young :P

I remember the day we run off of 5.25 inch floppies or a cassette tape drive :P

lethalzero
02-23-2007, 03:37 PM
relax soe create this game for profections and power gaming user and now them get there a Lamers user only need to fire them weapon to up level or do simple quest , no competitive , for that reasol all are here waiting . for play and fly.

Serc Repsac
02-23-2007, 03:44 PM
you must be young :P

I remember the day we run off of 5.25 inch floppies or a cassette tape drive :P

Damn YOU must be young! I remember the days of opening up a huge drum and swapping out Disk Platters that held less than those 5.25 floppies and were almost as tall as me.....

DarkFyre
02-23-2007, 03:56 PM
Ulty, ur lucky you didnt decide to do that...ahem...thing
the other day after they released that patch :)

Omg the real SqUiShEe !!!

DarkFyre Maximus Pre-CU Jedi
Flurry

BlazeHoliday
02-23-2007, 04:08 PM
ROFL

I'm actually suprised this didn't happen earlier. In the end they will release all code when no one plays their shell of a game (NGE).

Arutax_the_Templar
02-23-2007, 04:36 PM
how do we reinstall the emu dll's?

baio2k
02-23-2007, 04:41 PM
theres a link in this thread

Arutax_the_Templar
02-23-2007, 05:03 PM
yea - but for hopeless like me i need to know more than just downloading the file :o

Azhar
02-23-2007, 05:10 PM
Damn YOU must be young! I remember the days of opening up a huge drum and swapping out Disk Platters that held less than those 5.25 floppies and were almost as tall as me.....

hehe I've been around the block awhile. I've just haven't been into the computer scene until a bit late. The Texas Instrument TI99/4a was my first serious machine with QBasic/GWBasic, and a cassette deck to save and load stuff.

I'm 34, so I'm quite young as far as computers goes (after punch cards and ENIAC machines). But I've been around when harddrives were introduced and 10mb weighed about the same as a cinder block.

Staying on topic: Those of you who play the NGE, here's what you need to do:

1. uninstall SWG

2. install SWG again, but do not update it yet.

3. make a copy of the game folder so you'll have

c:\program files\starwarsgalaxies\
c:\program files\swgemu\

4. update the starwarsgalaxies folder normally using SOE's launcher. This will be your SWG NGE game.

5. update the swgemu folder following the instructions here (http://www.swgemu.com/paste/index.php?read=200702230933086564). This will be your SWGEmu game.

Shadow10k
02-23-2007, 05:13 PM
hey, so once we redownload the patches from the link provided in this thread, do we have to delete anything from the SWG directory?

Azhar
02-23-2007, 05:17 PM
nothing needs to be deleted. You can leave all publishes there, but the server will only read files neccessary to run publish 12

TooCoolx14
02-23-2007, 05:29 PM
I went back through and replaced the mss32.dll, but when I try to launch the emu through the Slim SWGEMU Launcher I still get the same error and no way to launch the emu. What is it going to take to fix this?

Azhar
02-23-2007, 05:33 PM
look at my post #55 above :P

Histugaya
02-23-2007, 05:37 PM
Is there a way to do it without reinstalling everything?

TooCoolx14
02-23-2007, 05:39 PM
look at my post #55 above :P

Thank you, I overlooked that previous post trying to skim through all the "omg SOE is trying to destroy the emu" posts.

emlfury
02-23-2007, 06:22 PM
people still play official swg........

lol?

as much as i hate to say it i still do its all i have to do while im waiting for this thing to get finished and with this shocking news i really hate it even more now it just sounds to complicated for me to handle even with instructions on how to fix it sitting right infront of me X_X

baio2k
02-23-2007, 06:26 PM
Is there a way to do it without reinstalling everything?
you can just replace the nesecary file with the new one from the download link posted earlier. That will make it work, though it is a short term fix and not guaranteed.

Histugaya
02-23-2007, 06:30 PM
Which file must be replaced

Because when I download the old ones and replace it with the file that reads Mss32.dll and I try to launch it now says the file is missing.

baio2k
02-23-2007, 07:13 PM
http://www.robcherry.net/swg/
its towards the bottom of the page and its mss32. it does give an error when you try to start the slim launcher, but you can get past it by clicking it a few times.

Histugaya
02-23-2007, 07:17 PM
The error I get says
The application or DLL C:\Program Files\StarWarsGalaxies\mss32.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.

No matter how many times I click OK nothing happens

stochrin
02-23-2007, 07:45 PM
SOE actually managed to screw me over.:mad:
I made a new directory and replaced the dlls, didn't work. Then I replaced all the SWGEmu Files, still didn't work. THEN I completely reinstalled SWG, then ran the SWGEmu installer, and guess what? It still didn't work. I get the mss32 error every time. I know some people were still able to get in just by clicking OK repeatably, but the problem is...it only shows up once for me. Ive tried just restarting it dozens of times in a row, nothing happened. So until someone figures it out, I'm screwed. :confused:

baio2k
02-23-2007, 07:53 PM
The error I get says
The application or DLL C:\Program Files\StarWarsGalaxies\mss32.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.

No matter how many times I click OK nothing happens
dunno, might as well try reinstalling again. doubt anything else would work

Volte
02-23-2007, 08:30 PM
The patch also ****ed up alot of people because the "upgrade" to the new sound system causes people to get stop errors and their computer to restart unless they update their drivers

Sunahamaru
02-23-2007, 11:07 PM
aw this means i cant spam them without reinstalling emu):

Histugaya
02-24-2007, 01:16 AM
I wouldn't call it an upgrade...

Example: Occasionally when the combat music starts or the loading music starts I get a *bloop* noise then it shifts to different combat or loading music. Its rather annoying and it was alot better the way it was :/

VAIOMANIAC
02-24-2007, 04:20 AM
soe are really getting desperate arent they ??
i feel sorry for all nge players out there though
if soe keep this up there wont be any players left

VIVA LA REVOLUTION

ACiDAnArChY
02-24-2007, 04:42 AM
my error says

SWGEmu.exe - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point _AIL_set_3D_playback_rate@8 could not be located in the dynamic link library mss32.dll

ACiDAnArChY
02-24-2007, 06:40 AM
i uninstalled the game, changed the old swg directory name, used my original pre pub 9 cd's and reinstalled, used original jtl cd's for the addon install, reinstalled emu files and all works now

Zephyrus
02-24-2007, 09:13 AM
In my mind I'd rather just believe SOE went bankrupt for their stupidity and that no one is in the amount of pain that NGE must be causing... it's all for the better that way... it truly is.... DEATH TO SOE. hmm **clears throat** I mean YAY Emu GOOOO SWGEmu TEAM U GUYS ROXORZ

mastadon
02-24-2007, 10:01 AM
meh i still play NGE i like it .....not as much as pre cu mind you but i still enjoy playing and its still better than nothing. and its my choice. however i keep a pre nge installation handy for just such an occasion and all files i need burned on two cds plu sitting on my spare Hard drive so I'm set to go at a moments notice.

The Jedi
02-24-2007, 12:16 PM
AZHAR wrote:

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Quote:
Originally Posted by Serc Repsac

hehe I've been around the block awhile. I've just haven't been into the computer scene until a bit late. The Texas Instrument TI99/4a was my first serious machine with QBasic/GWBasic, and a cassette deck to save and load stuff.

I'm 34, so I'm quite young as far as computers goes (after punch cards and ENIAC machines). But I've been around when harddrives were introduced and 10mb weighed about the same as a cinder block.

1. uninstall SWG

4. update the starwarsgalaxies folder normally using SOE's launcher. This will be your SWG NGE game.

5. update the swgemu folder following the instructions here. This will be your SWGEmu game.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

There are still problems with trying to get on the EMU still with these steps................I have done all the above and found that 2 problems exist still.
1. the slim launcher is setup to look into the starwarsgalaxies folder so if you create a folder named SWGEMU for instance the launcher will not look in that folder only the starwarsgalaxies and run an endless cycle opening infinite windows looking to update. Which brings me full circle to the second problem and the First problem we ended up with when trying to get onto the EMU the first time before the slimlauncher.

2.I did it the old way with the code and found myself needing the missing ms32dll file once again.

SOE is like the emporer Papatine do not underestimate them, but however they can be beaten and I want the DB :P :cool:

The Jedi
02-24-2007, 12:29 PM
Actually I want to see the EMU give SOE a DB. Meaning eliminate us needing their ms32dll create our own so that we do not need them at all, it was like we were leaches sucking on a file that wasn't ours. Eliminate the host and grow ouselves to be stronger I say.

Once EMU is live SOE will be dead, or at least dead to me for my life WILL be solely on the EMU.:cool:

Zyillo
02-24-2007, 07:56 PM
LOL I was considering giving them $15 to try out the new Chapter 5. I've heard a ton of terrible things about it so far, and now I get this. pfft...**** them.

The Vulg4r
02-24-2007, 08:18 PM
I hate the NGE as much as the next person, but it is not nececery to insult the people that still play it

Totally unprofessional

ACiDAnArChY
02-24-2007, 10:12 PM
SWG currently is a sad sad thing. Everyone is the SAME, pie chart skill sets which give everyone the same type/equal skills at each level/expertise. The graphical **** sandwitch that errupts in PvP now is out of control which lava and **** cloads all over to include ripped off Matrix Online sound effects.

**** SOE

Azhar
02-25-2007, 09:44 AM
AZHAR wrote:

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Quote:
Originally Posted by Serc Repsac

1. uninstall SWG

5. update the swgemu folder following the instructions here. This will be your SWGEmu game.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

There are still problems with trying to get on the EMU still with these steps................I have done all the above and found that 2 problems exist still.
1. the slim launcher is setup to look into the starwarsgalaxies folder so if you create a folder named SWGEMU for instance the launcher will not look in that folder only the starwarsgalaxies and run an endless cycle opening infinite windows looking to update. Which brings me full circle to the second problem and the First problem we ended up with when trying to get onto the EMU the first time before the slimlauncher.

2.I did it the old way with the code and found myself needing the missing ms32dll file once again.

SOE is like the emporer Papatine do not underestimate them, but however they can be beaten and I want the DB :P :cool:

You are correct. I had forgotten about this. The remedy is simple, however.

1. make sure all SWG is removed from your computer.

2. install the SWG cd, however, change the path to c:\program files\ngeswg

this way, the SOE Station Launcher will default to this path. But do NOT update the game yet!!

3. Copy the ngeswg folder to make a new c:\program files\starwarsgalaxies folder.. this will be your EMU game.

4. THEN you may proceed to update them both. The NGESWG folder would be updated via the Station launcher, while the STARWARSGALAXIES folder would be updated via SWGEmu Installer.

Morlokk
02-25-2007, 09:27 PM
I havent played SWG since the DAY the NGE came out and i only reinstalled it just to play the EMU, im currently installed the EMU as i type this , some of the patching seems not to go threw like its stuck and then i click cancel current DOWNLOAD and it moves on to the next , anyone have an idea what the problem is? and will this still work just fine? and these downloads do take a very long time but as i figured

amazed
02-25-2007, 10:55 PM
for all those poeple who think that tech support isn't helping you at all by not being specific enough into the matter i went ahead and solved my problem, i don't play nge but i still managed to have the problem and telling us to have two different games does not help you at all just makes them seem lazy

here we go you read

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?mss32

download that and unzip it to your swg folder the main directory of it and there oyu go.

akor
02-26-2007, 12:24 PM
for all those poeple who think that tech support isn't helping you at all by not being specific enough into the matter i went ahead and solved my problem, i don't play nge but i still managed to have the problem and telling us to have two different games does not help you at all just makes them seem lazy

here we go you read

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?mss32

download that and unzip it to your swg folder the main directory of it and there oyu go.

The problem with doing it this way though, is if you are playing the NGE, whenever you start the game, the Sony launcher will revert it to their new patch and delete that file again. Am I wrong?

starsider76
02-26-2007, 09:02 PM
OK...Not sure what to do here. I play the live version of SWG. It's installed into the default statwarsgalaxies folder.

Tonight I decided to give the emu a go. I installed, from my original cd's, into the folder starwarsgalaxiesemu.

I ran the emu installer, and downloaded the dll file pack. I edited the slimlauncher to run off the starwarsgalaxiesemu folder. Yet when I run the launcher, it says all files are fine, but I still get the "The procedure entry point _AIL_set_3D_sample_playback_rate@8 could not be located in the dynamic link library mss32.dll." error message.

Any suggestions on getting this to work?

melikeybouncey
02-27-2007, 01:11 AM
lol when i install the dlls i need to get in it says i dont have em

ThEgg
02-27-2007, 11:13 AM
I got that error when I didn't even log into live after completely reinstalling... (And when I logged into live it said I had another 2 weeks or so on a trial subscription).

Cheesier Yeti
02-27-2007, 04:42 PM
i still play the nge and what i did was went to a site i saw on this forum i think to download the old mss32.dll file but before i did that i moved the updated mss32.dll file into a totally dif folder then i started the download of the old file. now i just switch the sound files in and out depending on which i want to play, the bad thing about this for me is i now dont have sound for the emu

Cheesier Yeti
02-27-2007, 07:14 PM
oh and another thing is when you try to launch the emu itll say something isnt found or something and all you have to do is push ok however many times it pops up and it will go to the emu at one point

Zeta-Gouki
02-28-2007, 06:27 AM
rofl @ all you paranoid conspiracy theory homos

SOE TRYIN TO SABOTAGE TEH EMU

if they were trying to, they would go alot farther than replacing a few dll files.

as for these "stress tests"... when will you be running them with full NPC AI enabled?

all this bull**** bragging I keep hearing about "NO LAG OH EM GEE" is so ****ing ignorant as you don't even have 1/10000th of the server cpu load going without full NPC combat, quest and space AI in action.

amazed
02-28-2007, 10:08 AM
guess your owned or just cant read cause this helped out my friends and the people on my community sorry for you miss understanding. BY THE WAY ITS NOT THE NGE its just a file that doesnt get installed through your server, i have never played nge so pwned

EVILJUDE
02-28-2007, 12:08 PM

if they were trying to, they would go alot farther than replacing a few dll files.

as for these "stress tests"... when will you be running them with full NPC AI enabled?

all this bull**** bragging I keep hearing about "NO LAG OH EM GEE" is so ****ing ignorant as you don't even have 1/10000th of the server cpu load going without full NPC combat, quest and space AI in action.
you don't like it? then get the **** out. we don't need you.

Histugaya
02-28-2007, 04:40 PM
Back in business, I knew SOE couldn't keep me down for more than a couple days.

I imagine its not a conspiracy though, one .dll file isn't gonna completely obliterate the chances of getting the EMU going, 2 ways around it anyway. Its just a crappy sound file they thought was better and due to their ignorance released it in the game before it was tested and bug free(just like chapter 5). The whole patch is bugged and put out too early. Although I'm happy it did come out early in some form or another so we could get a jump start on fixing the problem.

darthblaze
02-28-2007, 06:44 PM
I got my stuff arranged, it is giving me no errors, but when i start the game it looks likes its working but after i hit play, the game never starts, it just stays the same. any sug?

goldcrud
03-01-2007, 12:07 AM

For one NPCs actually create a lot less lag and stress on the server than having a bunch of people set up in 1 area PVPing. So to truly stress the server the best way is to have a bunch of people in 1 area PVPing. At least thats what I've heard. Not 100% sure if I'm correct but I did hear Ultyma say that NPCs don't really stress the server out. Also if they had space working then everyone would spread out and be in space and on land and the server wouldn't get stressed. From my knowledge the best way to stress the server out is to have as many people in 1 area as possible. Also should you really be telling the devs the best way to stress the server out when you don't know jack about designing a core for a MMORPG?

Amasis
03-01-2007, 01:44 AM

That's what you are mate. Go and play your Commando General and own Restuss a bit

Jengu-fet
03-01-2007, 07:58 AM

And you know what mate?

Even if there was lag, atleast they've given us PreCU.

So why don't you just **** off and play the NGE until your balls drop.

pooga
03-01-2007, 08:00 PM
And you know what mate?

Even if there was lag, atleast they've given us PreCU.

So why don't you just **** off and play the NGE until your balls drop.

QFE, Go **** Julio Torres