Kellina
02-24-2009, 12:27 PM
Update 02/22/2009
TC Rev:1329

Jedi
Updated Correction for implementation of Jedi Toughness
Fixed Saber Block

Teras Kasi Artist
Fixed Unarmed damage does not ignore armor anymore.

Combat System
Fixed Intimidate/Stun too work correct.

Objects and Equipment
Fixed Power ups show the number of uses.
Updated Armor condition calculation. Damage reduction shown in the combat spam.
Updated Item Loot chance decreased. Armor condition and power up uses more random.

KroniK
02-24-2009, 12:33 PM
Thanks for the update.

Vlock
02-24-2009, 02:17 PM
a jedi update? cool. didnt think they were being touched yet. ty for update :D

Valkyra
02-24-2009, 02:29 PM
a jedi update? cool. didnt think they were being touched yet. ty for update :D

You think that's it? :p

http://trac2.assembla.com/swgemu/ticket/224

I've been working on it... A bit would be a small understatement :)

Jedi skills are nearly done, maybe I'll do CH next? :O

Mivias
02-24-2009, 02:45 PM

My god, good work.

This team is amazing.

MarlonB
02-24-2009, 02:54 PM
Skip Jedi ... go to CH directly !!!

mujadaddy
02-24-2009, 03:18 PM

GAH. Saberblock is completely divorced from the accuracy of the attack, unlike the other secondary defenses. Ranged is now completely gimped vs. Saberblock. 85% chance for your ranged attack to be ignored. :(

Valkyra
02-24-2009, 03:23 PM
GAH. Saberblock is completely divorced from the accuracy of the attack, unlike the other secondary defenses. Ranged is now completely gimped vs. Saberblock. 85% chance for your ranged attack to be ignored. :(

Is that not how it was Pre-CU? Please state how it was and I'll correct it. :)

roccus
02-24-2009, 03:56 PM

Hit it dead on :lightsaber: :p . You guys are awesome.

mujadaddy
02-24-2009, 04:01 PM

No, don't get me wrong -- I'm sure that's how broken it was in live :D

wookiesniper
02-24-2009, 04:31 PM

CH next??? Simply, amazing.

/salute

RegularJohn
02-25-2009, 02:53 AM
Thanks for another awesome update :) Will log ASAP and try to test this!

Sidatarias
02-25-2009, 03:10 AM
In pre cu you had a 85% chance (if you were MLS) to block incoming fire. Which means a 15% hit chance for any ranged templates. right now, it's impossible to damage a DJM (or DJK) with a gun. They seem to have 99.9% saberblock. I think thats wrong....

Valkyra
02-25-2009, 07:58 AM
In pre cu you had a 85% chance (if you were MLS) to block incoming fire. Which means a 15% hit chance for any ranged templates. right now, it's impossible to damage a DJM (or DJK) with a gun. They seem to have 99.9% saberblock. I think thats wrong....

So, NPC's didn't have saber block, only players? If this is the case thats an easy fix. :)

Sidatarias
02-25-2009, 11:14 AM
No. NPCs had Saber block too but their saberblock was only 85%. Which is the same as a MLS(=85% saberblock)

Valkyra
02-25-2009, 12:42 PM
No. NPCs had Saber block too but their saberblock was only 85%. Which is the same as a MLS(=85% saberblock)

Thank you Sid, I have just corrected this issue. Please look for a patch I will be submitting to TRAC today that has some stuff including the saber block fix.

Isostran
02-25-2009, 01:04 PM
Great Job!

Kabros
02-25-2009, 01:58 PM
You are doing an amazing job! Keep up the good work :eek::lightsaber::emperor:

tyresog
02-25-2009, 03:36 PM
Saber block certainly should not be classified as a secondary defense, but im just as sure it was not a straight percentage because it would mean accuracy had ZERO affect on connecting shots. When I used a carbine/pist BH temp it was pretty easy to get substantially over 200 accuracy using food, SEAs, and ideal range mods. So with the straight percentage logic that means I could whip out my carbine with +240 accuracy or my rifle with +10 accuracy (base would be +60 and say point blank mod was -50) and have the SAME hit rate...wtf guys come on.

And there is no cop out with saying that your higher accuracy would hit more simply because you more easily overcome ranged defense because LOTS of jedi builds had no ranged defenses. For instance, one of my favorite FOTM templates was Mhealer, MLS, and 4004 enhancer. That has zero ranged defense, but percentage logic means I have the same hit rate with +240 accuracy as with +10 accuracy. Rubbish!

Lets put it this way: 85% (MLS) means every 10 shots im only landing 1.5 hits on average, so to make it even lets say every 20 shots im landing 3 hits. At the speed cap that is 3 successful hits every 20 seconds, which there is no way that was happening to me because even though MLS were certainly pains in the ass and I lost more than I won, I still managed to win sometimes which would be impossible hitting them 9 times every minute (even with a LEGENDARY weapon). For christ sakes they would be able to heal themselves while cooking a bloody roast in the kitchen down the hall.

Additionally, there was a very noticeable change in miss rate when a jedi was flopping to when he was standing, and since saber block works on your back (im 99.99999% on this from memory) the only variable changed was the +accuracy from them being prone. This was most apparent for BHs who liked using LLC as finisher since accuracy was always an issue but by getting a KD/dizzy and backing up to ideal range and kneeling your hit rate went WAY up.

Accuracy must diminish the efficacy of saber block to some degree, but different then the secondary defense formula. I wish I had a formula to offer since it would be much more constructive AND I am fighting an uphill battle here because I know the Scrapbook jedi guide says saber block was a percentage, but this just cannot be right. I hate having nothing to back up my claims but memories >_<

xela
02-27-2009, 07:18 AM
Saber block certainly should not be classified as a secondary defense, but im just as sure it was not a straight percentage because it would mean accuracy had ZERO affect on connecting shots. When I used a carbine/pist BH temp it was pretty easy to get substantially over 200 accuracy using food, SEAs, and ideal range mods. So with the straight percentage logic that means I could whip out my carbine with +240 accuracy or my rifle with +10 accuracy (base would be +60 and say point blank mod was -50) and have the SAME hit rate...wtf guys come on.

And there is no cop out with saying that your higher accuracy would hit more simply because you more easily overcome ranged defense because LOTS of jedi builds had no ranged defenses. For instance, one of my favorite FOTM templates was Mhealer, MLS, and 4004 enhancer. That has zero ranged defense, but percentage logic means I have the same hit rate with +240 accuracy as with +10 accuracy. Rubbish!

Lets put it this way: 85% (MLS) means every 10 shots im only landing 1.5 hits on average, so to make it even lets say every 20 shots im landing 3 hits. At the speed cap that is 3 successful hits every 20 seconds, which there is no way that was happening to me because even though MLS were certainly pains in the ass and I lost more than I won, I still managed to win sometimes which would be impossible hitting them 9 times every minute (even with a LEGENDARY weapon). For christ sakes they would be able to heal themselves while cooking a bloody roast in the kitchen down the hall.

Additionally, there was a very noticeable change in miss rate when a jedi was flopping to when he was standing, and since saber block works on your back (im 99.99999% on this from memory) the only variable changed was the +accuracy from them being prone. This was most apparent for BHs who liked using LLC as finisher since accuracy was always an issue but by getting a KD/dizzy and backing up to ideal range and kneeling your hit rate went WAY up.

Accuracy must diminish the efficacy of saber block to some degree, but different then the secondary defense formula. I wish I had a formula to offer since it would be much more constructive AND I am fighting an uphill battle here because I know the Scrapbook jedi guide says saber block was a percentage, but this just cannot be right. I hate having nothing to back up my claims but memories >_<

Accuracy had no effect on a Jedi's block chance, accuracy helped with the Jedi's 2nd defenses Ranged/Melee defense but only defenders had any

eapeih
02-27-2009, 01:35 PM
wow I didn't know jedi was that far along. Curious do you guys test it on a different server or just a super secluded location?

Sliff
02-27-2009, 04:59 PM
Accuracy had no effect on a Jedi's block chance, accuracy helped with the Jedi's 2nd defenses Ranged/Melee defense but only defenders had any

Yup, he's right.

Accuracy only helped on those hits going through the saber block.

Also "[Fixed] Jedi Toughness does NOT need a lightsaber equipped for it to work."

I think you had to back in the day, I had novice brawler on my knight and a pretty sick DoT weapon for a time and I remember that I had to be careful equipping it because I would take a lot more damage without my ls.

I'm not sure though, perhaps I was under ranged fire :p