PDA

View Full Version : Bi-Weekly Update for 5/21/09

Ramsey
05-21-2009, 09:13 PM
http://www.swgemu.com/swgemu/images/headers/biweekly-new.pngBi-Weekly Update for 5/21/09http://www.swgemu.com/swgemu/images/headers/Fav-star-32.pngUpdate Overview (TOC):

Harvesters and Generators
Deeds
Housing
Packaged Community Portal (PCP)
Spawns
Nova Stability Issues

http://www.swgemu.com/swgemu/images/headers/Add-32.pngBody:

Harvesters and Generators

The Harvester and Generator rewrite was installed on the TC a week and a half ago, and there have been virtually no bug reports. Though, a few features are still left undone, we will find them creeping there way in slowly. We encourage everyone to test out the new harvesters and generators to check for bugs! Thus far we have access to only 7 schematics via crafting, as we are awaiting Kyle's upcoming enhancements to the crafting system. Do not despair! There is a bundle of higher level harvester and generator deeds for consumption on the Gungan Traders.

----------------------------------------------------

Deeds

The new code structure for deed objects is finally complete and working exceptionally well. Harvesters, generators, and vehicles have all been converted to the new format. Free resource deeds are undergoing some aesthetic interface changes.

Housing

The initial stages of house implementation have already started. cRush successfully plugged housing into the new deed system with ease. The seamless integration has already yielded perfect results with house placement, fusing together parts of both deeds and harvesters. Unfortunately, his work will be halted until the object restructure is completed. Housing, being a somewhat different than harvesters and generators in the way they are handled by the client, will require this restructure to avoid yet another rewrite down the road. The object restructure is looking good though, and shouldn't be much longer.

Packaged Community Portal (PCP)

cRush, Kyle, and Miztah have started discussing the prospects of the project, and have decided to start by designing an interface for manipulation of resources. This first installment will be free of the entire PCP framework, which has yet to be developed. It will be able to standalone, as is our goal for all PCP modules. We are actively looking to recruit talented individuals for the PCP project meeting the any of the following specifications:

Web Developers

Languages: XHTML1.0Strict/CSS2.0, PHP, Javascript/XML(AJAX), and SQL.
Applications: Notepad, SVN

Graphic Designers

3D Modelers and Renderers
Photoshop gurus

If you feel like you can contribute to the PCP project, please idle #swgemuwebdev on the SWGEmu official IRC server, or contact cRush or Miztah via forum private message for more information. Thanks.

Spawns

Uli and Karas have been going through the scripts with all the creatures and spawns and slowly been altering them.

Talus has been re-opened and should not cause any more crash's.
Other things being fixed are things such as "naked" NPC's however most will only get a temp fix where some may get a permanent fix. Hopefully in the near future we can apply a permanent fix to them.

Nova Stability Issues & Fixes

We realize that TC: Nova has been down a lot more often than usual. The cause for all the recent crashes stem mostly from quad tree issues with Pets. In the next few days we will most likely end up disabling pets on TC and kick them back to ITC until the fatal bugs can be resolved. Thank you for your understanding and putting up with the frustrating periods of downtime.

The following fixes/additions have made it to TC: Nova (or will in the next day or so). Includes some things from the 5/13 update:

Staff
All SWGEmu Official Staff now has a yellow tag next to their name that says [SWGEmu-Staff] resembling that of SOE's CSR's.
@spawn spawn's creatures by species name in the lua. (stfName)
@growuppet command for progressing pet growth.
@imperialmessage and @rebelmessage for faction specific event messages.
@killarea <killplayers(0|1)> <range> - Modified killarea to only kill creatures by default. To kill players, you must type @killarea 1 <range>.
Addition of a Staff only chat channel which staff members are automatically added to upon joining the server or being given permissions.

Character Creation & Deletion
Fixed a character deletion issue when name contains an apostrophe
Re-added missing starting items

World
Fixed public building cell permissions
Various world NPC's have been fine tuned and/or fixed by Karas

Combat
Fixed DoT attack bug
Fixed flamer special ranges
Dots ignore armor. Fire dot calculation changed

Crafting
Removed factory crates being created with practice mode
Updated packet for crafting and resource containers
Fixed assorted crafting implementation bugs
Crafted vehicles work again.
Crafting of harvesters and generators works again.

Missions
A fix for the loading of missions.
Players may only hold two missions at a time now.
All mission objectives are evaluated even if a condition in another mission has been satisfied.

Commands
Object-oriented restructure of skills/commands
Code from objectcontrollermessage.cpp moved to respective class
Code from combatmanager.cpp moved to respective class
Added skeleton classes for all slash commands
Added invalid postures/states for every skill and command
Skills/Commands handle their own error messages for invalid states/postures now
Fixed: powerboost, /imagedesign, /changedance, /changemusic

Structures
Stage 1 of Structure Revamp - Harvesters/Generators
Stage 1 of Deed Revamp - Harvesters/Generators
Implemented crafting of harvesters/generators
Disabled Resource Deeds
Solar generators now harvest solar power and have the correct name.
Fixed various bugs with installations
Vehicle Deeds are now working again

GCW
Fixed rebel npc secondaries so they should regenerate correctly
Fixed faction point overflow
Fixed faction points bug

Guilds
Guild info box now shows Members title for total members
Fixed small guild typos here and there
Guild remove command gives error msg when used and not in a guild
Bug that was disallowing players to do anything after logging out mounted

Creature Handler
Added baby spawns
Added: Store, Call, Tame, Stay, Follow, Attack, Trick, Transfer, Special Attack, Tellpet, Group, Train Mount, Follow Other, Befriend, Enrage, Embolden, Formations
Added pet naming
Added pet growth
Added pet healing
More information now shows in datapad items
Pets now ignore maskscent, conceal, and camp mods
Added a feature manager for server customization. XP scaling and damage modifiers customizable plus more
Fixed multiple client crashes, server crashes, and deadlocks
Pet faction status
Pet death blow.
Babies are no longer aggressive
Pet group command.
Pet patrol
CH XP in combat fixed
Pet following command removes combat state.
Pet can not longer be traded.
Pet uses special attacks only on command
Added mount features to various creature scripts

Debugging
Added pet debug logs
Missionmanager error messages are now more detailed

Miscalleanous
Fixed clothing repair radial
Fixed long vibro axe and vibrolance not appearing on the gungan
Fixed pike names on the gungan and NSEL damage type
Re added Elite stun baton with reduced stats and elite versions of the lva and scythe to encourage testing in the corresponding professions
Added mini-suit
Maskscent chance in combat reduced
Login Server can now tell if the MySQL server connection was lost and returns an informative error to clients. Also cleaned Login validate process
Added broken skill mods
Consumable Heavy Weapons added to DB
Fixed razor knuckles being named wrong so vibro knucklers should appear on the gungan again
Fixed not being able to meditate from standing

Ramsey has also added in the @build command in Revision 1550. When TC: Nova is updated to this build, the server will have the ability of recognizing and displaying the SVN Revision # that the server is running. This should help testers get a better idea of what SVN commits have made it onto the Test Center.

http://www.swgemu.com/swgemu/images/headers/Database-32.pngDeveloper Perspective ("Round Table")

In the last two weeks, harvesters and generators made there way to TC Nova with great success. There were only minor hiccups at first, but I quickly resolved those and now the harvesters have been running steady with out report of failure (excluding a yavin4 and endor which do not have heightmaps yet). I worked hard with the QA team to ensure they were nearly perfect before rolling them out to TC, and the hard work paid off. My thanks to the QA team, especially Lorrianna for her diligence and excellence.

I also finished off the initial implementation of the standardized Quaternion and Vector3 classes. My thanks to those community members who uncovered some nice guides and mathematical representations which helped me identify the two bugs in my class. Most notably, Chaann and Xavia contributed material which helped the most. I updated the Engine, and placed the Quaternion and Vector3 classes in the core while they undergo final testing and tweaking.

I am not focused on a few tasks. PCP is taking some baby steps, as we start preparing for the manipulation of resources. I am also doing some initial work on housing, though limited until the object restructure is complete. Finally, I am starting planning for a new lair/spawner system that will be more efficient, mimic what we remember from pre-cu live, be fully expandable and scriptable, and interface cleanly with Ramsey's exceptional work on missions.

My thanks to the upstanding community we have and their undying support and loyalty. Things are starting to progress quickly!

I took care of end-of-the-year garbage for school earlier last week. Glad that is out of the way :p

I am currently working on doing more research on SUI (still a lot of incompletes), the mission manager, and misc documentation. I've had to do a lot of work with standardizing objectives for various mission types, including event timers, and making way for lairs after the object restructure. As for documentation, I'm slowly writing formal docs for the trac wiki on SUI and Missions (scripting & code structure). Should be a bit more helpful than the commented methods.

I read the forums multiple times a day and I am glad to see the amount of people sticking to the project on a regular basis. Your support means a lot to us :D
offtopic: btw if anyone is interested in some Left 4 Dead, hit me up on irc this weekend. I'll make time to play that with a few people in the swgemu vent

Most of my projects are awaiting some of the upcoming conversions in our objects models, however I have made a lot of progress on the newer, better, Resource Generator. I'm adding quite a bit of customization and expandability for possible future happenings. Also, my wife and I had a baby girl this last week, and I have been a bit preoccupied. She pulled of her first "Hello World". I expect great things from her.

Hey everyone, we've had a lot of applications and some interviews. Since opening the application process, we have realized that we need a new team. This team, with EORustyFan as the foreman, tests all of the professions based off of Entertainer, Medic, and Scout. We call this team the 'Medoutainer team'. Because we have added this team and have not heard back from many of the combat applicants we will be re-opening the application process.

We have decided on a few applicants. The following people to the team:
Perigwyn - Crafting
Xavia - Crafting
Ashur - World
Namdas - World
Ecaobia - World
Uli - Medoutainer
Thrin - Medoutainer
Tolbat - Ranged Combat

Please congratulate everyone who has joined the team and thank them for all of the hard work they have done. I would also like to thank everyone who has applied so far. It has been a great process. I only wish we needed more people because we have had so many wonderful applicants.

http://www.swgemu.com/swgemu/images/headers/Error-32.pngClosing:

Thank you for your continued support in the testing process. We do know that the recent BiWeeklys recap a lot of information that has already been released during the week - but the idea behind them is to update the community that isn't always in the loop. Major changes are on the horizon when the Object Restructure finally rolls out with a new build of Engine3. During that time the entire team will be extremely busy and we plan on keeping testers up-to-date more often than a BiWeekly during this time (TC Updates forum).

Until next time,

--Team SWGEmu

webbwbb
05-21-2009, 09:15 PM
Sweet.

kiddo845
05-21-2009, 09:28 PM
Faantastic. Cant wait for that object Restructure. Sounds like quite a bit of water is waiting on that Dam to finally break....

Masterage
05-21-2009, 09:43 PM
Housing

The initial stages of house implementation have already started. cRush successfully plugged housing into the new deed system with ease. The seamless integration has already yielded perfect results with house placement, fusing together parts of both deeds and harvesters.
:eek: o....m...g...
/cleanunderwear

HoboWithABlaster
05-21-2009, 09:50 PM
Nothing fantastic.

Great to see updates though.

Dame
Faantastic. Cant wait for that object Restructure. Sounds like quite a bit of water is waiting on that Dam to finally break....

this is a very relevant comment, i think thats EXACTLY what will happen, crafting should able to be completed shortly after, house shortly after, etc. HUGE things.

Tolbat
noice

CH 4 life

KroniK
05-21-2009, 10:01 PM
Great work as usual. Keep it team.

TCircuits
05-21-2009, 10:01 PM
Appreciate the update. Thanks for all the hard work everyone!

mujadaddy
05-21-2009, 10:08 PM
Nothing fantastic.That's not true at all -- It's extroardinary difficult to color in all the corners on something like this.

Good stuff, Devs. To reiterate, I wish to spawn onto your eggs.

Ramsey
05-21-2009, 10:23 PM
Our lives and the daily work we do isn't like a tv sitcom. Comments like "nothing special" are understandable - we take no insult when they are posted. We try to make these updates interesting, a lot of the time the week has been "Work in Progress"

But, we promise regular updates so we have to deliver :)

POC3442
05-21-2009, 10:32 PM
Our lives and the daily work we do isn't like a tv sitcom. Comments like "nothing special" are understandable - we take no insult when they are posted. We try to make these updates interesting, a lot of the time the week has been "Work in Progress"

But, we promise regular updates so we have to deliver :)

Although I usually lurk in the corner...personally keeping to your word means a lot now adays...especailly with lies lies lies in most MMO's.

plastikrobot
05-21-2009, 10:35 PM
Cheers guys, if I knew more than just java I'd be right there next to you. Any and all work is more than appreciated. :)

And for the record, I desire to have mrtopas' children. I will fight anyone for the right to bear his offspring.

Ekaika
05-21-2009, 10:52 PM
Thanks to everyone digging in behind the scenes doing the gruntwork that no one sees, and some people can't appreciate.

Karas
05-21-2009, 11:15 PM
Also Uli fixed talus and renabled it and I've start with the POI's for it ^^

Mecinia Lu-a
05-21-2009, 11:20 PM
Nice :)

While I hate to see pets go back to ITC, if that's the cause of the massive crashes better it go back and get resolved.

I guess when I get home if Nova is up I"ll start working on testing harvestors and such.

rogelio11
05-21-2009, 11:36 PM
awesome update on swgemu. that is so awesome.
Can't wait to try the housing system and do more things on the CH job.

StoneInc
05-22-2009, 12:05 AM
Great work team :)

And congrats to Kyle on the baby :)

Sayulita
05-22-2009, 12:55 AM
exciting to see all the work that keeps being done - impressive!

thanks for all your efforts

Leodextrin
05-22-2009, 01:18 AM
Every biweekly I see just makes me that much more happier.

Super Smiley.

Baskah
05-22-2009, 01:18 AM
Thanks for the updates. Looking forward to the new object restructure :)

RegularJohn
05-22-2009, 02:14 AM
Thanks for another awesome bi-weekly update!
//RJ

Newsound
05-22-2009, 02:38 AM
this is a very relevant comment, i think thats EXACTLY what will happen, crafting should able to be completed shortly after, house shortly after, etc. HUGE things.

Sounds good to me :).

Amazing work guys

djolovicl
05-22-2009, 03:07 AM
Good work. Keep it up ;)

xavia
05-22-2009, 04:47 AM
Great job all and congratulations Kyle!

LordNeon
05-22-2009, 05:09 AM
Oh sweet! I'm especially interested in helping out with the PCP project :)

okegima
05-22-2009, 05:22 AM
awsome works dev. thank for the updates

Tisco
05-22-2009, 05:37 AM
Nice biweekly!
I'm impressed! Good job team! /clap

ps: Congratz Kyle :)

scion
05-22-2009, 07:04 AM
good job guys keep up the good work :D

dizmull
05-22-2009, 07:32 AM
another awesome update

praxi34
05-22-2009, 09:39 AM
Fantastic work guys, keep it up! :)

cRush
05-22-2009, 09:54 AM
I think the real update worthy of note here is

KYLE IS A FATHER!!!!

grats kyle. =)

hisengal
05-22-2009, 10:05 AM
great work

mujadaddy
05-22-2009, 10:17 AM
keeping to your word means a lot now adays...especailly with lies lies lies in most MMO's.:D :D Who are you talking about? ;)

Newsound
05-22-2009, 11:50 AM
I think the real update worthy of note here is

KYLE IS A FATHER!!!!

grats kyle. =)

Agree! Congrats Kyle, hope you like insomnia. :p

eorustyfan
05-22-2009, 12:05 PM
GRATS to Kyle!

Joshino
05-22-2009, 12:09 PM
great work guys , especially kyle!
That seed was a gooden.

redship1
05-22-2009, 01:33 PM
Wewt

Halifax
05-22-2009, 03:18 PM
Grats Kyle. Enjoy the sleepless nights.

toro45
05-22-2009, 07:31 PM
Nice work guys keep it up!!

Grays Kyle!

Tow'lin
05-22-2009, 08:34 PM
Great update as always! :)

Regards,
Tow'lin Tow

MikeCool
05-22-2009, 09:08 PM
Nice to see the stages of house implementation had already began, your the man cRush.

For the love of this. Thank you. :)

wookiesniper
05-22-2009, 10:33 PM
Fantastic as always! :D

Soobo
05-23-2009, 06:54 AM
Already written in the News:
Sounds nice! Iam very happy about your great and hard work! :-) Love u guys!!! (No Homo ^^ )

Ekowraith
05-23-2009, 10:17 AM
Cool!

kk64
05-23-2009, 10:38 AM
wow guys this is great i been watching these forums forever and yall seem to be moving faster and faster every month and i can't wait to see how fast everything starts coming together once yall finish the object Restructure.

Khaos
05-23-2009, 12:27 PM
Great news as always, keep up the good work guys.

merrwin1
05-23-2009, 02:50 PM
Thank you for fixing an old aggregious error by S@E. You guys are the best.
Horray for SWGEmu!

Valmin
05-23-2009, 05:47 PM
Great Update!!! Talus!! wooot!!!

KylesGap
05-24-2009, 10:02 PM
Sorry if this has been asked earlier, but will house deeds be added to the frogs, or will they have to be crafted like other vehicles?

iwwy
05-25-2009, 01:28 PM
great update

thanks!!

whistletock
05-26-2009, 08:47 AM
Looking strong heading into summer! Great job guys!

Bartrex
05-28-2009, 07:22 AM
Good Job, you guys are doing it great :)

GenralO
05-28-2009, 10:08 PM
Great update as always! :)

my thoughts exactly

janah250
06-04-2009, 02:49 PM
These updates seem to be getting much more rare, i've noticed the donations have decreased also, maybe this is why.

Ekaika
06-04-2009, 03:00 PM
Maybe what is why? If you read the update, not all of the work is flashy and content rich. At this point the Developers are restructuring some of the code to enhance efficiency and allow for the final few major updates.

Please don't assume that because major updates aren't hitting every two weeks to the day, that things have 'ground to a halt' so to speak. Give our guys some credit for working on the code in their free time. Continue to support the project.

billy1011
06-04-2009, 05:34 PM
do you know when it will finish

P.S. awesome job

janah250
06-04-2009, 05:37 PM
Granted, but you say 'there free time' as if it's something they don't enjoy doing, i'm sure most of them love codeing or they woulden't do it. All i'm saying is i don't check these forums often but when i used to 6 months back i saw constant updates, this doesn't seem so anymore. Offcourse i give them credit i'd just love things to move alittle faster as most of us would, or atleast get updated on whats happening alittle more regulary whever it's small or major.

Masterage
06-04-2009, 05:54 PM
These updates seem to be getting much more rare, i've noticed the donations have decreased also, maybe this is why.
We definitely need more smilies...this quote deserves a /puke

BigEvil
06-04-2009, 05:57 PM
Granted, but you say 'there free time' as if it's something they don't enjoy doing, i'm sure most of them love codeing or they woulden't do it. All i'm saying is i don't check these forums often but when i used to 6 months back i saw constant updates, this doesn't seem so anymore. Offcourse i give them credit i'd just love things to move alittle faster as most of us would, or atleast get updated on whats happening alittle more regulary whever it's small or major.

They are in the middle of a major undertaking. A complete object restructure that will enable much easier add ons later, as well as better interface now.

Much has been done, and more is to come. Be patient and bask in the rebirth of somethiing we all love.

sonofdex
06-04-2009, 06:00 PM
Maybe what is why? If you read the update, not all of the work is flashy and content rich. At this point the Developers are restructuring some of the code to enhance efficiency and allow for the final few major updates.

Please don't assume that because major updates aren't hitting every two weeks to the day, that things have 'ground to a halt' so to speak. Give our guys some credit for working on the code in their free time. Continue to support the project.

Keep fightin', Ekaika!

The great majority of us appreciate every second these people work to accomplish what they have.

kaelvin
06-04-2009, 07:14 PM

booo nay sayers hisss

AlphaDawg
06-04-2009, 09:40 PM

I dont care if its a monthly update! Something is better than nothing!! Im just happy its playable...beats the hell out of the alternative!!

Seriously!?! Do you really think that the people that donate will stop because we are not getting Bi/Semi-Bi-Weekly updates? If you really do then go back and read my first sentence. Im pretty sure Im not the only one who feels this way.

Buddha C
06-05-2009, 12:00 AM
Member the days of when updates used to be a blue moon occurrence... horrid, horrid days. Though still, there was progress :D

Carpathia
06-05-2009, 11:16 AM
2 questions
- Do the frogs have the new deeds?
- Has resource sampling been fixed to make use of harvesters/generators? I'd love to get me some crafting done

KroniK
06-05-2009, 11:18 AM
Nope the frogs don't have any deeds.
And I'm not sure about the resources, I haven't played with that area for awhile.

Welcome to the community by the way.

billy1011
06-05-2009, 01:02 PM
do you have an idea when it will open to the public

KroniK
06-05-2009, 01:03 PM
You can play on the Test Center now.

toro45
06-05-2009, 10:40 PM
You can play what's on the tc, just realize it's not 100% there was a guy saying pre-cu sucked and nge was better just based on what was ok tc...thenhe went back to a complete lotro

Noob

billy1011
06-07-2009, 07:13 AM
haha

janah250
06-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Zzzz, Still on this thread? cough.

billy1011
06-07-2009, 08:44 PM
it is old

Yohmama1993
06-08-2009, 11:43 PM
when do you think you guys will have this done by?

Ekaika
06-09-2009, 12:02 AM
I think this one is dead.