PDA

View Full Version : Update, Wipe and Downtime 09/13/09

Pages : [1] 2

Max
09-13-2009, 03:34 AM
Good morning all,

At 2:45AM EST, Test Center Nova was taken offline for a full patch update and database wipe. For information on the technicalities of what was added with this patch, please see the latest Bi-Weekly Update here (http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?p=408957).

As noted, the update will include a full database wipe. This means all characters, items and non-static objects which previously existed on the server will now be deleted. This is a necessity of patching. We apologize for the inconvenience.

The update should take a number of hours. I'm afraid I cannot give you an exact estimate at this time, however this thread will be updated with any new information.

EDIT: Latest estimate stands around Evening on Sunday Eastern. Very rough and subject to change.

Thank you for your patience, and have fun with the massive updates that are coming on to the Test Center today!

Lazerbrick
09-13-2009, 03:38 AM
ZOmg... ZOmg

bahoes
09-13-2009, 04:01 AM
does this wipe means its time to grind? no more blue frog?

Tosheden
09-13-2009, 04:02 AM
Hellz yes!

shokurai
09-13-2009, 04:34 AM
thanks guys for all the hard work you have put in :D

Wint3rz
09-13-2009, 04:41 AM
OMFG its finally arrived :D:D:D:D

Great job devs

Ashur
09-13-2009, 04:41 AM
/cheer

DavidWalters7
09-13-2009, 04:48 AM
Yeah! *punches air*

flooky36
09-13-2009, 04:56 AM
Yeah! *punches air*

Careful, you might throw your shoulder out like that, don't want to be doing yourself an injury.

yellek
09-13-2009, 04:59 AM
I'm so glad! Good job dev's! I noticed a few people getting antsy and skeptical that this will ever be done, well you just took a HUGE leap forward and showed them! Keep up the good work!

Chayn
09-13-2009, 05:57 AM
Best news in a long time... Thank You All.. :D

Lubbe
09-13-2009, 06:09 AM
I can't wait :D

ziggystardust
09-13-2009, 06:27 AM
Just a quick question about this update, as I understand it dosnt contain the object restructure work, so unless Im wrong, will all characters and items get deleted again when the object restructure goes live ?

Gigabass
09-13-2009, 06:38 AM
It's finnaly here!
Thanks for everything done :)

Vlada
09-13-2009, 06:55 AM
Did i tell you I have nothing but respect and admiration for you. You have achieved impossible and no one can take that away from you.

Thank you for all your hard work. http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_yourock.gif

fettman
09-13-2009, 07:09 AM
I could be wrong but I would think this update is to test the OR or atleast the start of it. If not well then what about the OR?

Max
09-13-2009, 07:17 AM
I could be wrong but I would think this update is to test the OR or atleast the start of it. If not well then what about the OR?
This is not any part of the OR. The OR is currently undergoing key engine, idl and core3 changes to allow feature developers to get stuck into it.

Joshino
09-13-2009, 07:30 AM
swish!

Dafole
09-13-2009, 08:07 AM
Whiii im so happy!!!

fettman
09-13-2009, 08:35 AM
Hmmm well that kind of sucks so those of us who dont play on the TC and want to have more to do with the code have to wait months to actually get into the latest code... May I ask why the developers time was taken from the OR To do this patch, for the TC that will endup being whiped anyway? Sorry not being a smartass or what not but it seems like an aweful waste of time and resources to take the Dev's from such a big project and such an integral one to the community as a whole as the OR seems to be, to work on the old to update the TC which will make the players grind their butts off now only to endup loosing all that work when the OR is done and the TC is inevitably whiped again...

Would it not have been a better use of time and resources of the Dev Team to work only on the OR, then patch the TC With that instead? From the date on the last Bi-Weekly its been 3 months or so already now those of us who dont play on the TC Or dont want to have to wait months more?

I am sorry but I for one cannot be anything but dissapointed in this update, while i do appreciate the worl the devs did on this patch, I am let down by the fact that all those of us who want to develop rather then play on Nova have to wait who knows how long to be able to.

Seems that I did the enviroment setups for no reason...

vformrh
09-13-2009, 08:46 AM
Here we go! Thanks development and SWGEmu team for all your dedication to the project, and to us! (the community) :D

dennis278
09-13-2009, 08:47 AM
hehe Epic update, grind time :D Thx devs for the hard work.

marauder144
09-13-2009, 08:52 AM
Woot. Nothing more you can say, really. :)

xela
09-13-2009, 09:09 AM
Hmmm well that kind of sucks so those of us who dont play on the TC and want to have more to do with the code have to wait months to actually get into the latest code... May I ask why the developers time was taken from the OR To do this patch, for the TC that will endup being whiped anyway? Sorry not being a smartass or what not but it seems like an aweful waste of time and resources to take the Dev's from such a big project and such an integral one to the community as a whole as the OR seems to be, to work on the old to update the TC which will make the players grind their butts off now only to endup loosing all that work when the OR is done and the TC is inevitably whiped again...

Would it not have been a better use of time and resources of the Dev Team to work only on the OR, then patch the TC With that instead? From the date on the last Bi-Weekly its been 3 months or so already now those of us who dont play on the TC Or dont want to have to wait months more?

I am sorry but I for one cannot be anything but dissapointed in this update, while i do appreciate the worl the devs did on this patch, I am let down by the fact that all those of us who want to develop rather then play on Nova have to wait who knows how long to be able to.

as you know only a select few developers are able to work on the OR at this time leaving some developers with spare time ;)

Vlada
09-13-2009, 09:13 AM
as you know only a select few developers are able to work on the OR at this time leaving some developers with spare time ;)

That, plus i fail to see how any update no matter how small it is (this one was bigger than huge though) is a waste of time.

Omegataco
09-13-2009, 09:31 AM
Time to lock and load them CDEF pistols boys.

marauder144
09-13-2009, 09:31 AM
Yes sir, I am looking forward to it.

kalaminu
09-13-2009, 09:37 AM
OMFG.........happy happy HAPPY happy happy HAPPY happy happy HAPPY happy happy HAPPY happy happy HAPPY happy happy HAPPY happy happy HAPPY happy happy HAPPY happy happy HAPPY happy happy HAPPY happy happy HAPPY happy happy HAPPY happy happy HAPPY happy happy HAPPY happy happy HAPPY happy happy HAPPY happy happy HAPPY happy happy HAPPY happy happy HAPPY JOY JOY JOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lobreeze
09-13-2009, 10:02 AM

Door is that way if you don't like it ---------------------->

We're all happy as clams.

bongandbeer
09-13-2009, 10:06 AM
can someone tell me @ what time in CET itll be online?

Ashur
09-13-2009, 10:10 AM
can someone tell me @ what time in CET itll be online?

no one knows, but im guessing late EST time, as max said.

too bad late est means early monday for me :(

good thing i dont have work tomorrow

bongandbeer
09-13-2009, 10:15 AM
no one knows, but im guessing late EST time, as max said.

too bad late est means early monday for me :(

good thing i dont have work tomorrow

`well that didnt really help lol,...
it would help if u tell me how many hours it is untill the expected arrival(wrong word i know) i could calculate from there,... :)

Dafole
09-13-2009, 10:19 AM
Wiiii me so happy!!!! I dont have to work tomorrow so i can sit up and wait!!!!!!!!!!

Lobreeze
09-13-2009, 10:22 AM
What the hell is CET +8, -8?

EST is 5 hours behind London, do teh math.

bongandbeer
09-13-2009, 10:26 AM
What the hell is CET +8, -8?

EST is 5 hours behind London, do teh math.

lol ty CET is london time ,... hehehe

Lobreeze
09-13-2009, 10:28 AM
Well there ya go lol

Raits
09-13-2009, 10:42 AM
CET is actually one hour ahead of "london time"

Lobreeze
09-13-2009, 10:47 AM
You are 6 hours ahead bong.

bongandbeer
09-13-2009, 10:47 AM
CET is actually one hour ahead of "london time"

seems like u can calculate compared to me,...

maybe u can help my lazy head,... est?

cant someone put up a countdown timer of some sort? lol

Lobreeze
09-13-2009, 10:49 AM
seems like u can calculate compared to me,...

maybe u can help my lazy head,... est?

cant someone put up a countdown timer of some sort? lol

No. Thats retarded, subtract 6 freaking hours from your time and thats what time it is in Eastern time.... Evening is merely a ROUGH ESTIMATE.

ziggystardust
09-13-2009, 10:51 AM

How ungrateful a person you are with a post like this tbh. Why dont you start taking your own RL time out to contribute code yourself, then you may be in a position to comment on who does what and where it goes and when it gets done.

bongandbeer
09-13-2009, 10:58 AM
well u see i am really stupid,...
maybe instead of arguing and pickin u should just answer ,... geesshhh,....
im german so im really stupid with am/pm crap u got goin on over there ,...

ill break down my question again so u can answer.
here it is 18:01,... that means 6:01 pm correct?
so where u are its 10:01am right?

edit: yes "where u are" is kinda not precise,...
so i mean EST with that ,...

rrqu
09-13-2009, 11:04 AM
I love the devs here.

Lobreeze
09-13-2009, 11:05 AM
If CET is 1 hour ahead of London and EST is 5 hours behind London. That makes a difference of 6 hours.

1800-0600=1200

LMGTFY (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=time+zone+converter)

Rodd
09-13-2009, 11:22 AM
<3 emu team

Dafole
09-13-2009, 11:26 AM
Tell me what city have EST and i can convert it over to GMT for everyone so they get it.

Lobreeze
09-13-2009, 11:28 AM
Toronto and most if not all of Eastern US

Dafole
09-13-2009, 11:30 AM
Ok EST (toronto) are 5 hours behind GMT. So in sweden that is GMT+1 EST is 6 hours behind.

icebergv
09-13-2009, 11:33 AM
Good to hear. Thanks for the hard work guys.

Lobreeze
09-13-2009, 11:33 AM
If CET is 1 hour ahead of London and EST is 5 hours behind London. That makes a difference of 6 hours.

1800-0600=1200

Ok EST (toronto) are 5 hours behind GMT. So in sweden that is GMT+1 EST is 6 hours behind.

???

Dafole
09-13-2009, 11:37 AM
???

I just added Toronto to my phone and its 6 hours behind my time zone which is GMT +1 and sense London is GMT 0 it makes it 5 hours behind them..

Lobreeze
09-13-2009, 11:43 AM
Which is exactly what I said like two posts earlier.

bongandbeer
09-13-2009, 11:47 AM

thats cool lol

Lobreeze
09-13-2009, 11:50 AM
hhaha I know I love it.

DevDep
09-13-2009, 12:06 PM
just got back on to see the status yesterday, looks like a checked just at the right time! :D

thescroll
09-13-2009, 12:15 PM
This is the update that defines both game and the character of the community. Finally, no more of those duel spammers loaded down with blue frog crap.

I have very high expectations for how its going to be now. I can't even imagine how psyched some of the crafters are going to be.

ExodiaJedi
09-13-2009, 12:17 PM
since there will be no mounts in the recent update :(
click here for update info (http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?p=408957)

good to invest in scout (terrain negotiation & burst run efficiency, and mask scent to prevent/avoid aggro)

Omegataco
09-13-2009, 12:24 PM

It's a test center dude. None of us have been expecting to be able to fully develop our characters until 1.0. Wipes happen, so deal with it.

Ashur
09-13-2009, 01:20 PM
It's a test center dude. None of us have been expecting to be able to fully develop our characters until 1.0. Wipes happen, so deal with it.

i think he ment develop the game, not his char lol

Kyle
09-13-2009, 01:29 PM

*Sniff* I smell Quadroplex. Nothing is stopping you from developing except yourself, so just develop, but don't come here and act like an entitled juvenile who isn't getting what he wants right now. *Stamps Feet in nerd rage*

corbaer
09-13-2009, 01:33 PM
Fettman... I know you want to mess around with the software - many of us are patiently awaiting the first post-OR release.

While you wait, why don't you go piss and moan on the forums of other Open Source projects that are taking too long for your tastes. I'm sure your sentiments will be just as appreciated.

swargle
09-13-2009, 01:41 PM
does this wipe means its time to grind? no more blue frog?

No more duel spammers? Hurray!

I actually enjoyed the grind the first few times I did it, and my premise for a lot of jedi being very good at the game was simple, they ground out so damn much XP to full template that they knew that character and it's abilities inside and out.

If you decided to change your template, then you got to grind out up to 10m XP (Max negative amount) and *then* grind out your template change :-)

I love this game, and I am looking forward to replicating two characters, my MTK,MF,MS and my MR/MR I played those toons into the dirt....the pixels were threadbare by the time the CU Rolled around.

Much thanks to those of you who are making this possible

Morgase Sedai MTK/MF/MSW
Elorha Vhely MAS/MWS
Swargle Light Side Jedi Knight Formerly MR/MR

All formerly of Ahazi, and hopefully soon, of Suncrusher

Phase
09-13-2009, 01:46 PM
I'm excited for this once it's up, just for the fact I haven't ever played SWG before, and now I get to play it in the state all of you have said was the most fun, or at least a part of the most fun place in the game's history :D

Vlada
09-13-2009, 02:00 PM
I'm excited for this once it's up, just for the fact I haven't ever played SWG before, and now I get to play it in the state all of you have said was the most fun, or at least a part of the most fun place in the game's history :D

Damn you have a perfect timing.

Welcome to the community.

Phase
09-13-2009, 02:03 PM
I have perfect timing thanks to having a talk with Inyri about something completely different. I asked her what games she played, and she mentioned this. Once I got to the site I was going 'omg, this used to look terrible in GamePro back when...but I look at these screenshots and it looks so badass'
XD and thank you, btw, for welcoming me

inyri
09-13-2009, 02:30 PM
I have perfect timing thanks to having a talk with Inyri about something completely different. I asked her what games she played, and she mentioned this. Once I got to the site I was going 'omg, this used to look terrible in GamePro back when...but I look at these screenshots and it looks so badass'
XD and thank you, btw, for welcoming meI had no idea when I told you about the emulator that they would push the patch this soon. You do have good timing. :p

marauder144
09-13-2009, 02:33 PM
Just read the patch notes.....

It's beautiful.

EDIT: I missed the mission terminals section, don't ask. Bounty missions? I think I am in love. :)

EDIT of the EDIT: I feel it too.

Fishoss
09-13-2009, 03:35 PM
Looks like I chose the right time to try out the Emu ;)

Even the old smileys! /worship

Craigybbz
09-13-2009, 03:58 PM
so i was just wondering with this new update coming in what's left to be done :) and will we get any information on the OR soon, or is it still a way off? thanks very much for this update devs it's great news for the whole community :) .

aire0n
09-13-2009, 04:00 PM
I've Been lurking for so long for something like this!!!!!!!woooot go devs lol

Dafole
09-13-2009, 04:09 PM
I also feel that the meat lump king will onces again rule the galaxy!!!

Zeridian
09-13-2009, 04:17 PM
*Sniff* I smell Quadroplex. Nothing is stopping you from developing except yourself, so just develop, but don't come here and act like an entitled juvenile who isn't getting what he wants right now. *Stamps Feet in nerd rage*

Lol, post number 666!

Tekkez
09-13-2009, 04:18 PM
Awesome update. Thanks very much.

Zeridian
09-13-2009, 04:24 PM
Yeah, this is freakin amazing. The SECOND the server goes up I'm making my toon again, then busting out the old CDEF.

Gosh, do consumables work yet? That melon is lookin awfully tasty!

Amitrov_Derinth
09-13-2009, 04:30 PM
My guess is that if Chef's stuff and Spices are in and edible, that ol' melon will be too.
I share your sentiments. :)

syfyledgend
09-13-2009, 04:33 PM
I really want to thank the EMU team here you guys are gods man!! lol.

^_^ hope this means we are very close to SC going live ^^. I bet it is wooot!!

Master Chief
09-13-2009, 04:44 PM
Wow! It's time! I'm finally officially back out of retirement!

*spam cheers and worship cliches*

Now, if there is anything that hasn't already been said, I'm going to do my part for the community from here on, and then some, until I can get my badge!

Lobreeze
09-13-2009, 04:50 PM
What badge

Dafole
09-13-2009, 04:51 PM
Its loading up i think!!! Hold on to your pants!!!!

Kayliaah
09-13-2009, 04:52 PM
What badge

QA Badge!

Vlada
09-13-2009, 04:53 PM
Its loading up i think!!! Hold on to your pants!!!!

I think not.

Kayliaah
09-13-2009, 04:54 PM
I think not.

It's up... actually. :)

Just...locked. :D

Dafole
09-13-2009, 04:55 PM
I think not.

For a few seconds it was reported as online for me hehe but now its not :/ Was hoping to much hehe.

I think the server hamsters need to be feed some spice and LSD so they start spinning up the server faster ^^

Edit: By the looks of it seems server is up but you cant login just yet.

Kayliaah
09-13-2009, 05:01 PM
It's just another login bug, it doesn't recognize your account or something and says auto registration is disabled thinking you don't have an account.

I say patience, it'll be fine tomorrow.

Dafole
09-13-2009, 05:03 PM
It's just another login bug, it doesn't recognize your account or something and says auto registration is disabled thinking you don't have an account.

I say patience, it'll be fine tomorrow.

Ohh i wont wait until then hehe i want to play now. Im gonna camp the server until i can get in :cool:

Dudden86
09-13-2009, 05:06 PM
Thankfully Its close to midnight here and I'll go to bed and enjoy a complete day of way too much crafting tomorrow :D <3 to all the people who help make this great game the way its supposed to be

Buddha C
09-13-2009, 05:29 PM
Whenever I try to join (even when it says it online) it won't let me join it has something about a server moderator to something my account? I'm very confused, sorry if this is the wrong thread.

eywill
09-13-2009, 05:33 PM
read first thread.. does it say up and running?

Vlada
09-13-2009, 05:34 PM
Whenever I try to join (even when it says it online) it won't let me join it has something about a server moderator to something my account? I'm very confused, sorry if this is the wrong thread.

Closed/Internal testing. Only STAFF logged on.

Omegataco
09-13-2009, 05:34 PM

I think it is up, only they have it set to where only admin accounts can get in atm. Internal testing.

Buddha C
09-13-2009, 05:35 PM
Ah, thanks for clearing that up :D

blatantlyobvious
09-13-2009, 08:45 PM
*whistles*

Tropicana
09-13-2009, 09:11 PM
Pretty sure Kyle is asleep by now, wait till tomorrow.

Lobreeze
09-13-2009, 09:21 PM

Is that so? Orly?

inyri
09-13-2009, 09:23 PM
Max is actually out of town and will be for an extended period of time.

Ekowraith
09-13-2009, 09:44 PM
Max is actually out of town and will be for an extended period of time.

What does this mean for us?

corbaer
09-13-2009, 09:45 PM
We won't see Max for a while? :|

Ekowraith
09-13-2009, 09:49 PM
We won't see Max for a while? :|

No way?

I was wondering if it was related to Tropicana's post:

Lobreeze
09-13-2009, 09:50 PM
I wouldn't take anything Tropicana says as fact lulz

Audune
09-13-2009, 09:50 PM
Max is on a "walkabout"

Assuming he doesn't get killed boxing renegade yakuza Kangaroo's, he'll be back some time in October

Ekowraith
09-13-2009, 09:52 PM
I wouldn't take anything Tropicana says as fact lulz

Again, that's why I asked. It was official word regarding the absence of distinguished administrators, and the most recent conversation was regarding whether or not the server will go up tonight.

And 'lulz' is for wanna-be-indifferent tryhard 4chan kids. You sound silly.

Lobreeze
09-13-2009, 09:55 PM
orly?

Ekowraith
09-13-2009, 10:03 PM
orly?

posting more memes and stupid internet catchphrases isn't improving your situation

Lobreeze
09-13-2009, 10:04 PM
c what i did thar?

Amitrov_Derinth
09-13-2009, 10:06 PM
And 'lulz' is for wanna-be-indifferent tryhard 4chan kids. You sound silly.

I knew I remembered you! You're the one that hates silliness and improper grammar! ;)

That said, I think we argued alot when I was here before. Good to see someone from that day is still about. Lulz.

Ekowraith
09-13-2009, 10:06 PM
c what i did thar?

|
|
|
V

posting more memes and stupid internet catchphrases isn't improving your situation

Is this going to be one of those really weird and alienating meltdowns where you continue to post minimalistic, irrelevant catchphrases in hopes that you can salvage your image? That's still a tantrum, you know.

Also, will we hear further word regarding server status tonight? I may head out.

corbaer
09-13-2009, 10:12 PM
Pwnsauce

Lobreeze
09-13-2009, 10:13 PM
Is this going to be one of those really weird and alienating meltdowns where you continue to post minimalistic, irrelevant catchphrases in hopes that you can salvage your image? That's still a tantrum, you know.

You are so much better than me, Mr. anonymous-internet-person. Please continue to tell me what to say and how to act! I appreciate you being so condescending. You are clearly of a higher class.

Also, will we hear further word regarding server status tonight? I may head out.

Not too good to read the forums rules though I see.

Amitrov_Derinth
09-13-2009, 10:28 PM
You are so much better than me, Mr. anonymous-internet-person. Please continue to tell me what to say and how to act! I appreciate you being so condescending. You are clearly of a higher class.

Eh, that's just Eko for ya. He's alright when he's cooled down. Which isn't often, but hey... It happens. Don't take it personally. :P

ShardFalcors
09-13-2009, 10:31 PM
Heck yeah!!!!!

Ekowraith
09-13-2009, 10:36 PM
You are so much better than me, Mr. anonymous-internet-person. Please continue to tell me what to say and how to act! I appreciate you being so condescending.

I'm sorry - I didn't realize you were so fragile. :( I'll be gentler next time.

ExodiaJedi
09-13-2009, 11:11 PM
im assuming the autologin disabled (and need for admin) is cause they r only allowing staff to test the server for the 1st few hours? [the server is up u just cant login]

corbaer
09-13-2009, 11:14 PM
Correct

DevDep
09-13-2009, 11:40 PM
oh boy oh boy. still nothing? this reminds me of the Metal Gear Solid 4 Online Beta, LOL. (I'm not sure if anyone was waiting on that like me)

ShaydinTsepesh
09-13-2009, 11:43 PM
are we there yet?

i gotta go potty

Lunar4
09-14-2009, 12:03 AM
hmm just tried to login, still not working -_-

DevDep
09-14-2009, 12:04 AM
I must give up on tonight! :-( KOTOR could only keep me occupied for so long.... now that I have beat it for the 45th time I think I'll just give up the few hours I could play tonight for a well rested, day long, Unarmed grind! :)

tehmulletman
09-14-2009, 12:09 AM
aw man this is lagging it lol
this is the hardest part....waiting

Wen Talross
09-14-2009, 12:11 AM
Max is on a "walkabout"

Assuming he doesn't get killed boxing renegade yakuza Kangaroo's, he'll be back some time in October

We Australians Love our Kangaroos thank you :D The Yakuza tried to use them until they found out they can't sit in their pouches with their flash sub-machine guns ;)

MattManEcho
09-14-2009, 12:14 AM
We Australians Love our Kangaroos thank you :D The Yakuza tried to use them until they found out they can't sit in their pouches with their flash sub-machine guns ;)

I'm suddenly intrigued by the concept of kangaroo cavalry...

Fishoss
09-14-2009, 12:23 AM
So... Still not up? :D

Kjaskar
09-14-2009, 12:24 AM
Just checked. No.

BigD1989
09-14-2009, 12:40 AM
you guys are like hawks on this, give it time.

Spade13
09-14-2009, 12:45 AM
now the TC is offline again -

corbaer
09-14-2009, 12:49 AM
Yes... it will go up and down, and up and down until the kinks get worked out. After that moment comes, the login server will again allow folks to log in.

Don't be dismayed by it rebooting... that is actually a sign of progress!

Spade13
09-14-2009, 12:53 AM
For sure it is. I think , the only fact , whats make it realy hard to wait is-much of us cant realy believe we will get original Swg back.
Im so much excited -and that after a day waiting-which game would be worth that ;) except SWG :D?

MattManEcho
09-14-2009, 12:54 AM
Duke Nukem Forever.

gore707
09-14-2009, 12:56 AM
this is probably one of the biggest rush's i have endured since the wait of SWG launch, all quite exciting, i cant wait till someone puts up a Confirmed post that the server is once again up and public!

congrats to the Dev teams for all their great work.
it is much appreciated, Pre CU will rule once more :emperor:

gore707
09-14-2009, 12:59 AM
watching family guy and doing absolutely nothing in OSSWG isnt nearly as exciting as actually grinding pre cu :)

Fishoss
09-14-2009, 01:00 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/38aJfElwr2s&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/38aJfElwr2s&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

While we wait, lets enjoy some great music. Might as well look at this as a reflection on SWG :p

Oh, embedd, not URL. Fair 'nough

gore707
09-14-2009, 01:03 AM
ah there we go it popped up

beanstalk
09-14-2009, 01:03 AM
Watching King of the Hill and playing Farmville isn't much better ;)

Wen Talross
09-14-2009, 01:05 AM
Watching King of the Hill and playing Farmville isn't much better ;)

EPIC! Me too, Facebook games wooo :D Good time waster/procrastinator ;) I'm on Farmville, its awesome. Or Restaurant City, or Mafia Wars :p

gore707
09-14-2009, 01:06 AM
haha yea...king of the hill.... TV lost its lustre,im in a limbo like state, awaiting the pre cu goodness to slap me in the face like a cup of hot coffee

beanstalk
09-14-2009, 01:11 AM
EPIC! Me too, Facebook games wooo :D Good time waster/procrastinator ;) I'm on Farmville, its awesome. Or Restaurant City, or Mafia Wars :p

Indeed, also FarmTown, Yoville, and flair is a good time waster for a non-game:)

gore707
09-14-2009, 01:29 AM
not much info being thrown around in the irc chat

NovaRift
09-14-2009, 01:31 AM
We could at least have an update to the post as its not early monday morning eastern time :P

*still waiting patiently* This update has been what I most desire so far! Well besides fully functional droid engineer, creature handler, and player cities :D

shokurai
09-14-2009, 01:34 AM
it will be open to us when its stable , they have been updating in other threads, on what is going on, we need to be patient , or they could stop fixing it and waste their time holding our hands

ShaydinTsepesh
09-14-2009, 01:34 AM
The progress of your galaxy is too slow

The United Federation of Planets must step in
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/1139/picardu.jpg (http://img269.imageshack.us/i/picardu.jpg/)

gore707
09-14-2009, 01:45 AM
up yet? i saw a reboot

lordduncan
09-14-2009, 01:47 AM
well it finally says its down, throwing in the towel at at the top of the hour though...

gore707
09-14-2009, 01:48 AM
word is in irc is that if its not back up within an hour "they need to sleep on it" lol

Spade13
09-14-2009, 01:51 AM
Offline -for the moment-^^.
I guess itll need some more time.Dont think they cant test all new Stuff in a few hours.
May you remember Guns N Roses?
It'll work itself out fine
All we need is just a little patience
Said sugar make it slow
And we'll come together fine
All we need is just a little patience

:D :D :D :D A good Way to start Monay morning;)

Wen Talross
09-14-2009, 01:51 AM
All the green lights blind me :) I haven't seen so many people online since... ever!

lordduncan
09-14-2009, 01:54 AM
All the green lights blind me :) I haven't seen so many people online since... ever!

I hadn't posted on SWGEMU since July of 2008 when they closed the future server ideas forum, I assume many other people have similar stories.

gore707
09-14-2009, 01:57 AM
my public service is posting irc scuttlebutt here, lol for the minute

BigD1989
09-14-2009, 02:00 AM
I never could get the chat thing to work for some reason

Spade13
09-14-2009, 02:00 AM
What do they say in IRC , gore?
Do you know with which problems they have to fight?

It wouldnt change anything -but i still would like to know^^

gore707
09-14-2009, 02:06 AM
well cor is goin 2 sleep now its a free for all of misinformation

corbaer
09-14-2009, 02:07 AM
Rofl

You made my night.

gore707
09-14-2009, 02:07 AM
kyle popped in and didn't say much just another restart anf trying to work out some kinks, i will try and update as well as i can

gore707
09-14-2009, 02:10 AM
server came up again but kyle said its still being tested hence closed to public

NovaRift
09-14-2009, 02:10 AM
Nooo I need my SWG Emu fix lol I have been so busy the past couple of weeks with betas, work, firedrills, EMT classes, and stuff I haven't played since late july early august? Oh well, I guess I can wait one more day I have waited for it to be completed since.... I forget when, I think maybe early 07?

shokurai
09-14-2009, 02:11 AM
nice of um to keep us notified

gore707
09-14-2009, 02:13 AM
when its open to the public i will post unless i fell asleep @ my pc. however if i am awake i will in fact shart myself and roll around on the floor till i have a stroke

NovaRift
09-14-2009, 02:16 AM
when its open to the public i will post unless i fell asleep @ my pc. however if i am awake i will in fact shart myself and roll around on the floor till i have a stroke

Then how would you update us? You should write a note for the paramedics to write an update post for us on this thread if they have to respond because you had a stroke.

shokurai
09-14-2009, 02:17 AM

lmao

gore707
09-14-2009, 02:19 AM
oh no phantm left were doomed whats happening right now on the front lines

*** PhantmLdr has quit (Quit: ...)
<Cheeseball> his
<gore707> wow
<Kjaskar> you mean royal guards, deth
<Vuse> its going to be a long time. one of the devs went to respond to someone asking to many questions and accidently deleted all the code
<gore707> phantm left
*** Quibbles has joined #swgemu
<gore707> that means sleepy time im guessing
<Quibbles> GG guys.
<tehmulletman> lol
<gore707> hmm
<tehmulletman> ??
<tehmulletman> gg?
<NigelTudor> good game
*** viper_88[web] has quit (Quit: viper_88[web])
<Quibbles> Phantom saw me coming and ran, no Emu for you fags.

gore707
09-14-2009, 02:22 AM
more chatter of nothing useful

was deleted

inyri
09-14-2009, 02:26 AM
Please edit your posts next time so you don't clog up the thread. :)

Also please note that just because a conversation happened on IRC doesn't mean it's necessarily appropriate to be posted on the forums.

corbaer
09-14-2009, 02:26 AM
Normally isn't appropriate... in RAW form.

ANewHope
09-14-2009, 03:48 AM
We're up, folks.

Fishoss
09-14-2009, 03:59 AM
Awesome, great work :)

ANewHope
09-14-2009, 04:05 AM
Well.

I got to character creation, made a character, but it never showed up in Character Selection, and then it said I couldn't connect to the galaxy when I tried to make another

..:(

ashley66444
09-14-2009, 04:06 AM
and... were back down. :(

Rouge
09-14-2009, 04:19 AM
I'm making my character, but when I hit next it just says creating your character, and it's been like that for a while now. Is there another problem?

Spade13
09-14-2009, 04:21 AM
So-theyre keep testing?Or what is happening now ?

Rouge
09-14-2009, 04:22 AM
O.o my character just coughed...
:O

Spade13
09-14-2009, 04:25 AM
Hmmm i cant login..so i guess they are testing.Some of you guys had the chance to play shortly meanwhile or ?

corbaer
09-14-2009, 04:27 AM
There was a brief window that it was opened up... with the upfront explanation that it would probably crash soon, and that it would all be wiped again later today. Still some setup/transition things to do.

Rouge
09-14-2009, 04:28 AM
Nah, I was still at the creation screen. I guess the poor guy will never make it past the load...

Fishoss
09-14-2009, 05:17 AM
It's up now :)

Don't know for how long, though.

Dybbuk Unknown
09-14-2009, 05:25 AM
Don't bother playing.... It's pretty broken atm.

MattManEcho
09-14-2009, 05:51 AM
Fate plays cruel jokes...I had 5 Ancient Krayts spawn on me in Tatooine, needless to say I died...but apparently my clone was set to 0,0 on Corellia...

Spade13
09-14-2009, 05:53 AM
And we're down again Guys.

ashley66444
09-14-2009, 06:01 AM
Probably trying to fix the cloning.... err *hopefully*

MattManEcho
09-14-2009, 06:01 AM
Fate plays cruel jokes...I had 5 Ancient Krayts spawn on me in Tatooine, needless to say I died...but apparently my clone was set to 0,0 on Corellia...

Spade13
09-14-2009, 06:04 AM
Had the same-no more credits and in the middle of the Corellia Planet Map.

Btw-What happened to the fighting professions?
Cant remember you had THIS much -Miss- from beginning.And some Creatures seems way to strong-or do i remember wrong ?

Incurian
09-14-2009, 06:14 AM
I also was killed by those krayts and spawned on Naboo. Anyone else join the camp we set up? I posted a screenshot in the screenshots forum.

Spade13
09-14-2009, 06:56 AM
Aaaand - down again.
Something realy broke the stability.

BUT-i made my first mission :D.Exept the Creatures where kind of invisible and thousands of red creatures where around , it was very very very-fine;)
Devs- your on the good way-Keep going like that.^^

DevDep
09-14-2009, 07:01 AM
Haha, wake up early for class.... see it's up and theeeeeeeennnn no. I'm just glad I see some progress. Can't wait until it's actually playable. I feel sorry for the ones that stayed up all night lolol. Guess back to KOTOR, see you all online soon hopefuly

Spade13
09-14-2009, 07:41 AM
allright-what is happening now ?I can login but im stucking at the "Conecting to Galaxy"..
It aint a real problem for me,but it would be great to get a bit more information about whats goin on .

Shueisha
09-14-2009, 07:45 AM
shes down again :(

Labyrinth
09-14-2009, 07:45 AM
Connection is probably having a few problems as would be expected at this point. I was able to play for a bit and then my connection was lost; don't worry, and remember that it's a test center.

Shueisha
09-14-2009, 07:47 AM
according to other posts it's been doing this for awhile, *sigh* but atleast its progress :)

Vlada
09-14-2009, 07:47 AM
With every major update, server will often crash or get deadlocked. Every updated brings along many new bugs that need reporting and ironing.

Hang in there, if you cant log on server is probably deadlocked, down, or locked for internal testing.

Check LPE, forum and IRC for server status but please refrain if possible from asking and posting about server status (it is against rules of this forum and rules of IRC)

kalaminu
09-14-2009, 07:48 AM
allright-what is happening now ?I can login but im stucking at the "Conecting to Galaxy"..
It aint a real problem for me,but it would be great to get a bit more information about whats goin on .

They're busy trying to fix things. Have you ever had a site go down or a computer issue that is driving you nuts? If you had then you'd know that you are focusing totally on the problem and snapping and rawring at anyone that hassles you for information as to whats happening!!!

Just be patient and realise that the next few days are probably going to be a struggle until they sort the server out again. Play when you can and feel sorry for the poor buggers when it's down coz they're probably pulling their hair out and swearing like sailors!!!

What will be, will be. The server will be up when it's up

Shueisha
09-14-2009, 07:53 AM

Check LPE, forum and IRC for server status but please refrain if possible from asking and posting about server status (it is against rules of this forum and rules of IRC)

;) Oke Doke got ya

Spade13
09-14-2009, 07:56 AM
Allright allright Kalaminu-sorry for that. I was getting maybe a little nervous..im sure everybody knows how it feels.
Ill try to be more patient*promise*.

fettman
09-14-2009, 08:55 AM
lmao gota admire and laugh at the irony. spent all tha time on this update and it got buggered at the last minute. the sad part is every hour they spend on this is one less they spend on the OR Thus delaying it even longer.

corbaer
09-14-2009, 08:58 AM
Obvious troll is...

Lobreeze
09-14-2009, 09:01 AM
obvious troll is obvious! Don't let Ekowraith see you talk like that Corbaer. He hates anyone with a sense of humor!

Dafole
09-14-2009, 09:19 AM
lmao gota admire and laugh at the irony. spent all tha time on this update and it got buggered at the last minute. the sad part is every hour they spend on this is one less they spend on the OR Thus delaying it even longer.

And your point is? When this patch actually start working we can do some REAL testing and not just fool around which we did before. This is something that has to be done, its not like they gonna add all this and then change it all again. The grinding must be tested also. OR is less important for us players this patch is more important, now we can actualy play through all professions and try them out and see whats not working.
Just cause you wana play a game with no professions in it and just have the OR done and nothing else is your problem but the rest of us actually want a game to come with it also and not just the OR itself....

fettman
09-14-2009, 09:29 AM
this code is useless and wont be used in the finished product any testing done on it will b equally useles, this was just something to sate the complainers tbh. The OR is the important thing that is what is going on the suncrusher server that is what the release is dependant on.

This patch is really and truly just something to give the people who dont want to do anything but play. It serves no practical purpose for testing as the codebase that is being used for it will be defunct at the time the OR is done.

You want a real server to play on? well thats going to be suncrusher which is dependant on the OR To be finishd to be launched, seems to me you players who just want to play a complete game should be hoping and pushing for OR Completion as well.

the reason the source changes made to put this patch on the TC nova server havent been put on SVN are because they are useless to the end product and to keep certain things secret ingame on TC but mainly because the code will not be used in the end product.

So again why arent you more interested in the OR Being completed and put on the TC as that is what everything is dependant on, the testing going on with the codebase in use in this update really has no use for the OR Development so really your not truly helping test anything that has bearing on the finished game server at all.

What your doing is playing which is fine but please dont confuse the two this update has nothing whatsoever to do with the end product or the suncrusher server

In my shor stay I have read everything i could about the OR and it is a major major rewrite to the codebase all this update is for is the people who just want to play, but rest assured without the OR there will be no game to play beyond the TC

Lobreeze
09-14-2009, 09:32 AM
Says Mr. Joined Sept 2009? I'm pretty sure you have no idea what you are talking about fettman. Cool story bro

aire0n
09-14-2009, 09:33 AM
this code is useless and wont be used in the finished product any testing done on it will b equally useles, this was just something to sate the complainers tbh. The OR is the important thing that is what is going on the suncrusher server that is what the release is dependant on.

This patch is really and truly just something to give the people who dont want to do anything but play. It serves no practical purpose for testing as the codebase that is being used for it will be defunct at the time the OR is done.

You want a real server to play on? well thats going to be suncrusher which is dependant on the OR To be finishd to be launched, seems to me you players who just want to play a complete game should be hoping and pushing for OR Completion as well.

the reason the source changes made to put this patch on the TC nova server havent been put on SVN are because they are useless to the end product and to keep certain things secret ingame on TC but mainly because the code will not be used in the end product.

So again why arent you more interested in the OR Being completed and put on the TC as that is what everything is dependant on, the testing going on with the codebase in use in this update really has no use for the OR Development so really your not truly helping test anything that has bearing on the finished game server at all.

What your doing is playing which is fine but please dont confuse the two this update has nothing whatsoever to do with the end product or the suncrusher server

In my shor stay I have read everything i could about the OR and it is a major major rewrite to the codebase all this update is for is the people who just want to play, but rest assured without the OR there will be no game to play beyond the TC

So what if the sole purpose of it is to play on? You obviously havn't been here long enough to appreciate what the devs have done here. In your short stay there is an end. Bye Bye.

fettman
09-14-2009, 09:36 AM
obviously in your attempt to be an ass which comes off as idiocy, you neglected to READ Where Max stated this update has nothing whatsoever to do with the OR. Try reading and not trolling jackass

Lobreeze
09-14-2009, 09:38 AM
Does't mean it will be defunct with the OR. I suggest that YOU should try reading before trolling and insulting others.

fettman
09-14-2009, 09:40 AM
I meant no offense by my reply reguarding the patch, I am just very let down by this, I come and see this major source update supposedly being worked on, and come to find out the devs were just enhancing the TC, meanwhile those of us who see the 3 month wait for this useless update have god only knows how long to wait for the new source to come out.

Is the server software every going to actually be released for those of us who want to work on to do so or should the people who want to setup develop and have a server go to one of the other communities or what not.

Dont take me wrong you have all done an amazing job, but it seems like everything is geared towards the main SWGEmu server, without the intentions of releasing it. I know there is alot saying 1.0 will be released but, just seeing the development direction here.

Also at this point Even though i am new, I am having reservations about contributing to a project which according to the information on the website is geared to making this software into other commercial MMO projects which means using contributor's code to get a leg up?

Again dont take me wrong, but over the last few days i am seeing alot that i cant recconcile.

Throw us potential contributors a bone or two, i can see the reason for the user limits in the source at present, but do we really need the shutdowns at 60 minutes? Does the OR need to be so hush hush? it would be awesome to be able to work with the latest code available, and be able to compile it and make sure it works and then contribute.

Again My appoligies I am new here but these questions are going through my head at this point and I cant recconcile them on my own.

Hi Fettman,

The OR isn't hush hush per se... It is simply that TA and Oru are currently performing engine-side changes for the most part. The other developers (core developers) are all awaiting these changes to be completed, just as you and others are. In this spare time, they decided for the benefit of the community to fix a multitude of issues and improve the TC experience to attract members and facilitate an active and testing community through the lul. SWGEmu is a two sided project; balancing the wants of the community with the necessities of developing a "perfect" end product. We need to value the wants of the community to play/test/use an interesting game just as much as we need to dedicate 100% of our available time to projects such as the OR.

The developers who created this patch and those who are working on the OR are not the same people. Since Engine3 is a closed source product, neither the core developers nor the community contributors can assist Oru and TA with their changes. This is, arguably, for the better, as it will guarantee a prestine Engine, avoiding the complications of multi-user patching which has lead to the OR in the first place. Kyle, cRush and Dannuic who made this latest patch realistically had nothing else to do asside from fill in stub functions and plan ahead. I would propound that the team was, in fact, working in a time-economical fashion.

The latest core-changes of the OR are published on our SVN. However, the Engine3 changes will not be published until it is in a compilable and usable state. Other, further changes to Core3 will be on hold until that time.

I hope that answers all your queries.

Cheers

Will the TC patch perhaps be put into a branch on the svn for us to play with it would seem ALOT changed with the core code with this patch could someone atleast put that up for us to tinker with?

I know it sounds odd but Im not all that interested in playing im here one to learn and develop with the core and eventually put up a server with, while i do like to play SWG my reason for comming was chance to develop and help create something truely awesome.

There are 2 main reasons why the patch hasn't been put on the public SVN:

1) It is incompatible with the latest OR changes on the public trunk
2) There are certain features which have been implemented in a "secret" way so to speak as part of the events and community arc for the TC. While we may hold the rhetoric of "The TC is only for testing", we know that unless we make things interesting, people won't test. We chose to implement a couple of fun features to keep players interested, and it would ruin it both for our community goals and the community's own enjoyment, if such features could be examined easily on the public SVN.

As you said yourself, and as has been discussed internally, the use of this current patch in the OR-Future is probably quite small. While the research done will help, the physical code itself will be all but useless in the future.

game set match

to quote you mr troll lobreez try larning something before posting

EDIT

now back on topic. what i was saying is you gotta love the irony in the fact that you spend months working on something and it gets buggered up for this reason or that at the very end. Happens to SOE All the time lol Such is how it works with large projects, everyong pissing and moaning about not being able to get in or that here will be a whipe tomorrow is useless.

Lobreeze
09-14-2009, 09:46 AM
So, basically you just showed everyone how this open source project is disappointing you? Nobody owes you anything.

Edit:

What exactly are you trying to accomplish by posting all of this?

Labyrinth
09-14-2009, 09:55 AM
now back on topic. what i was saying is you gotta love the irony in the fact that you spend months working on something and it gets buggered up for this reason or that at the very end. Happens to SOE All the time lol Such is how it works with large projects, everyong pissing and moaning about not being able to get in or that here will be a whipe tomorrow is useless.
I don't see the irony in such a situation. I think it's pretty predictable that such a large project would have it's problems. Massive problems? Maybe not. But this is still a test center.

I'm afraid I missed the part where the project was "buggered up at the very end."

fettman
09-14-2009, 09:58 AM
well its half opensource actually to be technical. And yeah seeing basd on post dates 3 months of nothing for this OR then a patch which clearly took up a good chunk of that time put out so people could play on a test center, while the OR hasnt had much if any work done on it as of yet is kinda dissapointing and imo a serious case of time mismanagement.

That said As per Max's replies the devs other then those two really havent had much to do anyway as they are doing the engine3 end of things which isnt done.

In a way im glad soe doesnt listen too much to the players, it prevents things like this from happening.

Had that time been put soley into the OR it would probably be finished and being tested as we speak. But due to the players whinging on about it we get this useless update instead. Yep big dissapointment.

Which is why ive been tinkering around with the code of openswg instead, in the interim as nothing can really be done till the OR is atleast compilable anyway

fettman
09-14-2009, 10:00 AM
I don't see the irony in such a situation. I think it's pretty predictable that such a large project would have it's problems. Massive problems? Maybe not. But this is still a test center.

I'm afraid I missed the part where the project was "buggered up at the very end."

well see they spent like 3 months working on it and i would imagine testing internally before they put it on the TC, therefore something buggered up the update at the last minute or they would have caught it. Like I said it happens to SOE with ever major patch to almost all their games that comes out. Hence irony you gotta laugh at as a developer despite players whining on and on about it

bongandbeer
09-14-2009, 10:02 AM
fettman

seriously,.... what do u want?

odwill
09-14-2009, 10:03 AM
Do NOT hijack this thread. Back on topic please.

fettman
09-14-2009, 10:06 AM
lmao ill be on topic when the development forums are on topic and not filled with a ton of troll threads

wait thats right i am on topic im talking about the update

fettman
09-14-2009, 10:08 AM
who me? Lol im feeding the troll known as lobeez lol thats all

bongandbeer
09-14-2009, 10:08 AM
roger roger,...

i know this question is silly and i would appriciate if u delete this post when its answered,..
im @ work atm and i would like to know if there is any chance to log on TC in about 3-4 hours,...

sorry for the stupid question, but the "server status"-thing shows me its online and then when i refresh the forums it says offline and so on ,...
i have no chance to see for myself atm ,...

im sooooo lookin forward to hang out in TC tonight =D

edit:
might consider stooping this @ fettman
+ dubble post ftw,....

ShardFalcors
09-14-2009, 10:09 AM
Actually, if you had read through the post you had quoted, you would see that Max stated that the devs not part of the OR wanted to do something FOR the community. Not because of them. Therefore, your whining about the patch that was given to us is moot becasue it was given to us as a service to keep the community excited and engaged. Not provide you with the plans for your own armed and fully-opperational battle station to tinker with...

fettman
09-14-2009, 10:12 AM
LMAO too bad i have my own fully armed and operational battle station to tinker with already

ShardFalcors
09-14-2009, 10:18 AM
LOL I had to add that to be a light-hearted post rather than a serious flame-tastic lamefest.

/ontopic Is the downtime over? I haven't tried yet because I'm just that lazy right now...

vv I'm so there!

Lobreeze
09-14-2009, 10:19 AM
LOL I had to add that to be a light-hearted post rather than a serious flame-tastic lamefest.

/ontopic Is the downtime over? I haven't tried yet because I'm just that lazy right now...

Yes, log in!!

Kyle
09-14-2009, 10:32 AM
well its half opensource actually to be technical. And yeah seeing basd on post dates 3 months of nothing for this OR then a patch which clearly took up a good chunk of that time put out so people could play on a test center, while the OR hasnt had much if any work done on it as of yet is kinda dissapointing and imo a serious case of time mismanagement.

That said As per Max's replies the devs other then those two really havent had much to do anyway as they are doing the engine3 end of things which isnt done.

In a way im glad soe doesnt listen too much to the players, it prevents things like this from happening.

Had that time been put soley into the OR it would probably be finished and being tested as we speak. But due to the players whinging on about it we get this useless update instead. Yep big dissapointment.

Which is why ive been tinkering around with the code of openswg instead, in the interim as nothing can really be done till the OR is atleast compilable anyway

Quardoplex/Fettman, Why don't you just leave? You act like someone who doesn't want to be here, and from your responses, everyone dislikes you and would cheer you leaving. I was going to overlook your ban evasion, but now you are just wasting my time.

ShardFalcors
09-14-2009, 10:38 AM
Someone on staff should look to ban the ISP address from accessing the site entirely. If that's even feasable.

/ontopic Ya update! Almost there... Soon I will be beating down animals in Coronet.

fettman
09-14-2009, 11:00 AM
Who?

Anyway I havent left yet as i am looking for some ray of hope that this project isnt a front for you people to make money off of other peoples contributions at the moment, though it certainly looks like all this is is a front to one make your own server and two take the code and make commercial MMOs with it.

As for quadroplex dont know the guy as for ban vasion considering i just joined and havent been banned that doesnt make much sense either.

Also One thing i would like to point out for the ban happy out there, these forums constitute the documentation relating to a GPL licensed product as such it MUST be made available With the source code if that code or binaries are distributed which they are, the documentation is therefore considered under the GFDL (General Free Documentation License) So preventing anyone from access to it is against the GPL. Just thought i would point that out.

That said I think I will probably leave, and post about the attitude of this community and its agenda to take code contributed to an open source project and use it for commercial purposes on pertinent places. I wonder how SOE Will feel about the project when they get wind of that little detail.

kasharif
09-14-2009, 11:09 AM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/128294720808907500callmahlawyur.jpg

Kyle
09-14-2009, 11:13 AM
Who?

Anyway I havent left yet as i am looking for some ray of hope that this project isnt a front for you people to make money off of other peoples contributions at the moment, though it certainly looks like all this is is a front to one make your own server and two take the code and make commercial MMOs with it.

As for quadroplex dont know the guy as for ban vasion considering i just joined and havent been banned that doesnt make much sense either.

Also One thing i would like to point out for the ban happy out there, these forums constitute the documentation relating to a GPL licensed product as such it MUST be made available With the source code if that code or binaries are distributed which they are, the documentation is therefore considered under the GFDL (General Free Documentation License) So preventing anyone from access to it is against the GPL. Just thought i would point that out.

That said I think I will probably leave, and post about the attitude of this community and its agenda to take code contributed to an open source project and use it for commercial purposes on pertinent places. I wonder how SOE Will feel about the project when they get wind of that little detail.

A) No contributed code is used for the engine, so, that point is wrong.
B) The engine isn't GPL, so get over it.
C) HAHA, you think SOE is going to listen to and care, HAHA. There is nothing illegal or morally ambiguous here so go cry a river to them.
D) And don't play stupid, I know who you are, and with the attitude you have, as well as insulting staff, admins, mods, and trying to stir up drama, you are not welcome here.

So either get over yourself and be a productive community member, or don't come back.

Amitrov_Derinth
09-14-2009, 11:27 AM
Fettman, I think the most important point is this.

When it comes down to it, these guys owe you absoloutly nothing.

This is their free time they're surrendering for you, and the rest of us that don't know Java from C++.

Be glad when they throw you a bone. Especially a patchy bone covered with delicious meat. :)

Exo_Icto
09-14-2009, 11:48 AM
Hooray!

aire0n
09-14-2009, 12:15 PM

lol, pathetic. People aren't going to listen to some noob who got banned on a forum because he was trolling it. lyke oh mai gawd gais eye just gawt banned becawz eye waz trolling. that comunitee iz sew mezzd uhp dey hate meeh. lolol
Have fun in your crusade to round up a bunch of swgemu haters.

anyway, away from that idiotic banter.
Anyone know when the server will be wiped again?

Labyrinth
09-14-2009, 12:18 PM
lol, pathetic. People aren't going to listen to some noob who got banned on a forum because he was trolling it. lyke oh mai gawd gais eye just gawt banned becawz eye waz trolling. that comunitee iz sew mezzd uhp dey hate meeh. lolol
Have fun in your crusade to round up a bunch of swgemu haters.

anyway, away from that idiotic banter.
Anyone know when the server will be wiped again?
From the in-game message, I think it's gonna be tonight (pretty sure that was what it said).

Rouge
09-14-2009, 12:20 PM
On topic...
I'm still not getting in! What's going on?!

Rouge
09-14-2009, 12:21 PM
On topic...
Yayz... the server is down...
:/

aire0n
09-14-2009, 12:27 PM
From the in-game message, I think it's gonna be tonight (pretty sure that was what it said).

thank you i hope we can start getting serious. im so excited.

Rouge
09-14-2009, 12:30 PM
On Topic...
Yayz... the server is down...
:/

Lobreeze
09-14-2009, 12:31 PM
On topic...
I'm still not getting in! What's going on?!

Server is down. Don't ask when it will be back up, it'll be up when it's up.

GratefulDead
09-14-2009, 12:36 PM
thanks guy; can't wait to play :rodian:

Rouge
09-14-2009, 12:41 PM
I know you guys are working really hard to get this done, but may I ask what's going on? It keeps phasing on and off, and I think it's just a little weird...

aire0n
09-14-2009, 12:48 PM
I know you guys are working really hard to get this done, but may I ask what's going on? It keeps phasing on and off, and I think it's just a little weird...

from what i understand they are fixing bugs and thus restarting the server and locking it periodically. Either that or the "bug fixes" arent working as they should and crashing the server. im pretty sure they are working on the bugs though and shutting the server down for internal testing etc. It shouldnt matter much anyway since anything you do right now will be wiped later tonight.

Rouge
09-14-2009, 01:01 PM
Ahhh, ok, thanks for the update aire0n

Just asking, how long does it take to generate your first character?

aire0n
09-14-2009, 01:30 PM
Ahhh, ok, thanks for the update aire0n

Just asking, how long does it take to generate your first character?

well it depends on how you are. If you really want your character looking the way you want it or if you are one of those people who just say uh screw it random and go.

well if you really want to try it will probably take you a good 10 minutes or 15. if not well then it usually takes like 3 minutes, its pretty easy unless you want your character to look perfect the way you want it.

t3go
09-14-2009, 01:47 PM
Well when i login it says they will wipe the DB again tonight? So with that i would just make one and get in. start testing. But any work you do will be gone when they do a wipe of DB. Good luck!

ANewHope
09-14-2009, 01:59 PM
Obscured among the baseless accusations and bitterness, Fettman does bring up a legitimate point:

Will the increased testing and activity that this update will bring make up for the time spent developing and implementing it that could have been used working on the OR, and by extension, Suncrusher?

And if not, than this patch should still be appreciated as a gift from the staff to the community, but not as signaling any major leap in progression or development.

aire0n
09-14-2009, 02:18 PM
Obscured among the baseless accusations and bitterness, Fettman does bring up a legitimate point:

Will the increased testing and activity that this update will bring make up for the time spent developing and implementing it that could have been used working on the OR, and by extension, Suncrusher?

And if not, than this patch should still be appreciated as a gift from the staff to the community, but not as signaling any major leap in progression or development.

Unbelievable... this in my eyes is a a major huge leap of progression. When they started this project it wasn't playable. so, no he did not bring up a legitimate point. And to reiterate what someone said earlier about not working on the OR, only a certain amount of dev's can work on the OR at one time. The few that remain decided to do this in their free time to allow the community to have something to do instead of just waiting for the OR. This is a gift and a valuable portion of the progression of SWGEMU.

For those of you who think that this is not progression then you have bitterly mistaken something and take for granted what the devs are bringing to you. The OR came about because of this bit of code that you presume to be pointless to have. If not for this code that you Say is not progression towards suncrusher or what not then the OR would have never even been needed. You do need to consider that SWGEMU is not after a profit for this, they do all of it in their own time and strive to bring you what was once a great game. Fettman stated he's only been here for a short time And as though it appears my posts count are low and it seems I have not been here a long time this is wrong, ive been following the progression of SWGEMU and various other emulation communites in their struggle to bring us a quality product for a bit over 2 years. It is frustrating that people think that this is needless or pointless. It just seems that those that have not been following this project are those that have no idea what is progression and what isnt. In fact it doesnt even matter how long it takes because that is up to the devs, im sure they are aware that most of us want SWG as soon as we can get it. We have no right to sit here and say what they should be doing and what they shouldnt. We are spectators and supporters, not condemners.

Tobel
09-14-2009, 02:21 PM

That is a valid point, I tend to agree with the last poster. Max (or another) said that most folks are waiting for TheAnswer before they proceed with their section of the OR.

So those who aren't able to do any of the OR have been busy working on these latest additions, which would have been pushed off until after the OR, so they are still working on Suncrusher, by extension.

I'm quite happy to be testing and of use than sitting around doing nothing. If they would have waited for the OR, any bugs we find in the next few days/weeks before the OR comes out would have had to been addressed after. So its basically making the best use of your time.

ANewHope
09-14-2009, 02:24 PM
If this didn't take any development time away from the OR, then great.

Even if it did, it's still nice.

Ekowraith
09-14-2009, 02:28 PM
obvious troll is obvious! Don't let Ekowraith see you talk like that Corbaer. He hates anyone with a sense of humor!

You and I must have different definitions of "sense of humor". My definition doesn't include regurgitating anti-funny, inside-joke meme nonsense.

Bazak
09-14-2009, 02:29 PM
Quardoplex/Fettman, Why don't you just leave? You act like someone who doesn't want to be here, and from your responses, everyone dislikes you and would cheer you leaving. I was going to overlook your ban evasion, but now you are just wasting my time.

Who?

LOL FAIL> maybe you should not have corrected Kyle's mispelling of your alterEMO i mean alterEgo toon if you where going to claim being dumb when we already know that fact.

Lobreeze
09-14-2009, 02:40 PM
My definition doesn't include regurgitating anti-funny, inside-joke meme nonsense.

Nor does mine include being arrogant, pompous and condescending. But hey, to each his own I guess. Keep telling people how stupid they sound over the internet, it's working real well!

EDIT:

Sarcastic? Definitely.

ShardFalcors
09-14-2009, 02:41 PM
LOL FAIL> maybe you should not have corrected Kyle's mispelling of your alterEMO i mean alterEgo toon if you where going to claim being dumb when we already know that fact.

Man! I ignored his spelling so much I didn't even CATCH that! Good call! Still wish they could ban IP addresses rather than just accounts...

|
|
|
V

I second the next post as this thread is dated for yesterday, Sunday September 13th, 2009. And it contains flame ridden grief.

aire0n
09-14-2009, 02:41 PM
lol an admin or something should lock this thread.

opoke
09-14-2009, 02:47 PM
My only question about this change (which I am totally for btw) is how long before the blue frogs are brought back in. Rechecking the status and goals for launching TC:SC, I'd say we're still not quite there even with the implementation of the OR- though close! That being said, more testing is inevitable for future item/function implementation which means blue frogs are kind of necessary (from a timeline point-of-view). Just curious.

Still, a playable version of a nearly complete game... PRICELESS! Thank you, yet again.

aire0n
09-14-2009, 02:49 PM
ドンT絵ヴぇ

DONT ever bring them back!

opoke
09-14-2009, 02:56 PM
ドンT絵ヴぇ

DONT ever bring them back!

Not sure how experienced you are with what's going on based on your low post count (maybe a phantom member, which is cool), but the blue frog-less server is really meant to be TC:Suncrusher. Nova will eventually go back to having them (even if intermittantly, as it's the immediate player-based TC).

Ekowraith
09-14-2009, 03:02 PM
And my definition of humor doesn't include being arrogant, pompous and condescending. But hey, to each his own I guess.

The distinction you're not making is that I'm not trying to be funny. Your criticisms don't really apply. It doesn't make you less unfunny, anyhow: your 'lulz' and 'epic phail' are the comedic equivalent of white noise.

Lobreeze
09-14-2009, 03:18 PM
I wasn't aware you policed humor on these forums. I apologize, I shall conform to your liking ASAP.

aire0n
09-14-2009, 03:40 PM
Not sure how experienced you are with what's going on based on your low post count (maybe a phantom member, which is cool), but the blue frog-less server is really meant to be TC:Suncrusher. Nova will eventually go back to having them (even if intermittantly, as it's the immediate player-based TC).

True, but with them you cant truely test every aspect of SWG. Which is why they have removed them for the time being. As for when they will return, that is unknown. I'd assume that after the OR is done and is ready to be implemented into the Testcenter that the frogs might return and thus suncrusher would come soon.

aire0n
09-14-2009, 03:42 PM
The distinction you're not making is that I'm not trying to be funny. Your criticisms don't really apply. It doesn't make you less unfunny, anyhow: your 'lulz' and 'epic phail' are the comedic equivalent of white noise.

I wasn't aware you policed humor on these forums. I apologize, I shall conform to your liking ASAP.

You both are quite annoying, maybe you two should stop.

Omegataco
09-14-2009, 03:48 PM
My only question about this change (which I am totally for btw) is how long before the blue frogs are brought back in. Rechecking the status and goals for launching TC:SC, I'd say we're still not quite there even with the implementation of the OR- though close! That being said, more testing is inevitable for future item/function implementation which means blue frogs are kind of necessary (from a timeline point-of-view). Just curious.

Still, a playable version of a nearly complete game... PRICELESS! Thank you, yet again.

I disagree, I think we can get some good thorough testing through each profession and other aspects of the game now that the blue frogs are gone. Do you really believe that people find bugs just by sitting around in Theed dueling all day?

shokurai
09-14-2009, 03:59 PM
i am sure the staff is more than capable of isolating any aspect of the game for 'highly focused' testing any time they want with or without our help froggy or un-froggy......

i don't think the staff needs us second guessing what they 'need' to do to speed it up