PDA

View Full Version : TC Bulletin and Policy Change 10/15/09

Max
10-15-2009, 06:10 AM
Hi Everyone,

We'd like to note a policy change in our Test Center Rules and Policies (http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16670).

We will now be responding to hacking, exploiting, cheating and duping with a Zero-Tolerance policy. This means your account will be perma-banned for ANY and ALL exploiting, hacking or duping when proven beyond a reasonable doubt, either by hard evidence or by activites witnessed by staff. Staff do have the right to view users inventories, statistics, credits and activites without their knowledge, as is expressed in our newly published Privacy Policy (http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29190).

A number of players from the community were also perma-banned for continued hacking, exploiting, cheating and griefing. All future individuals who intentionally and maliciously attempt similar activities will be met with zero-tolerance. Individuals or associations involved WILL NOT be discussed with the community. Please respect this.

We are also investigating turning off the Speed-hacking detection software (rubber banding). This post will be edited with an update on that when a decision is reached.

Behavior from the community, and sadly, even staff,will no longer be tolerated when it is designed to undermine the project or community.

If in doubt - please contact us or post here. We'll endeavour to respond to your questions, as long as they're civil.

Regards,

Approved by:
Community Director
Community Manager
Communications Director
GM / EC Manager
Deputy Development Manager

Yhor
10-15-2009, 06:15 AM
A huge thanks.

Aeden
10-15-2009, 06:19 AM
Thank you very much.
A quick and appropriate response.

ljay1973
10-15-2009, 06:33 AM
hopefully people will realise there are repercussions for cheating and otherwise spoiling other peoples gaming. this is much welcomed

Tipical
10-15-2009, 06:35 AM
Thanks for this timely response, Max.

Hedley
10-15-2009, 06:38 AM
so....a number of people were banned for, among other things, griefing. i really hope that means something truly bad and not people complaining about a good old fashioned 3 cap lol

xetro007
10-15-2009, 06:38 AM
thanks!

mijom
10-15-2009, 06:40 AM
This is awesome news, thank you

Fierce
10-15-2009, 06:40 AM
What if you do it unintentionally?

Max
10-15-2009, 06:42 AM
What if you do it unintentionally?
They have the ability of appeal. It is pretty hard to intentionally speed hack, however. Anyone who finds an item dupe or exploitable bug should report it ASAP.

Rubastic
So, I guess the question is, does there need to be intent?

I have managed to dupe a couple hundred thousand credits, simply because I was sending them between alts just before the server went down (alt as a sales-mule, there wasn't a 'shutting down in 30 seconds' message). I made a good, unintended profit because of a bug, but it wasn't my intention to abuse the system.

Should players be worried about getting banned because bugs affect them, or does there need to be clear INTENT on gaining from exploiting a bug?

EDIT:
They have the ability of appeal. It is pretty hard to intentionally speed hack, however. Anyone who finds an item dupe or exploitable bug should report it ASAP.
That explains it I guess.

Lusi
Thank You very much, i hope this'll work!

zabrakwith
10-15-2009, 06:44 AM
Yay for the swgemu team!

Itek
This is what makes you guys different from soe you listen to the community and thats why you have our full support.

Demiwar
Justice is sweet :D Thanks for yalls hard work

Vou23
10-15-2009, 06:47 AM
Fantastic post. I fully agree with this.

Mahonra
10-15-2009, 06:48 AM
I want to applaud the professional manner in which the EMU team handled this. It restores any lost faith the player base may have had. Good job Dev team. :)

five9
10-15-2009, 06:48 AM
Thanks Max

You and the rest of the team never cease to amaze us when it comes to listening to the community and finding ways to best serve the projects overall growth.

Mahonra
10-15-2009, 06:50 AM
so....a number of people were banned for, among other things, griefing. i really hope that means something truly bad and not people complaining about a good old fashioned 3 cap lol

Nobody got banned just for "griefing". There was a lot more to it than just than.

caramon majere
10-15-2009, 06:52 AM
Well done Max. I am glad to hear that the devs are listening to the community. /salute to you all.

nee2earth
10-15-2009, 06:56 AM
This is what makes you guys different from soe you listen to the community and thats why you have our full support.

QFE

/salute Emu team on this one for sure.

(In contrast, y'all should see how the SWG team has kow-towed yet again to the shamefully lazy & un-skilled NGE crowd about the latest challenging yet superbly designed Game Update 14)

carpathian
10-15-2009, 06:59 AM
/echo agree

Vuzen Rai
10-15-2009, 07:02 AM
I support this course of action 100%... good job emu team!

Kilnik5565
10-15-2009, 07:03 AM
Man You guys rock

Joshino
I'd like to see zero tolerance on hacks , but exploits arent as fine line.
There would need to be a set of known exploits that you get punished for.

Ekaika
If you don't know if you're cheating, you're likely not cheating. We know the difference. This has gone on far long enough. It ends now.

Broon_2009
10-15-2009, 07:04 AM
Definetly zero tolerance is needed . The devs don't have time for crap like this so you cheat and you're out .

Problem solved.

Excellent job SWGEMU team :)

WETODID
10-15-2009, 07:05 AM
ty...hackers nothing but cancer to the gaming society

zetlaux
10-15-2009, 07:08 AM
Thank you Max

Ishamael
10-15-2009, 07:12 AM
*shrugs* I've been sitting on the sidelines during this debate. However, I guess I should at least share my opinion.

I agree with this change in policy.

I would also welcome a hack prevention system if/when it becomes fine tuned to a point where it does not interfere with the activities of normal players in the game.

It is very important for players and testers to realize that a very rough form of speed hacking prevention was implemented very recently. Given time, this system can and will maximize the efficiency of a hack-free atmosphere in swgemu when it is working in conjunction with the zero tolerance policy.

It is equally important for developers, staff members, csr's, and anyone with authority in the realm of SWG to be as transparent as they can possibly be in this kind of situation. Smedley lost the support of the overwhelming majority of the player base in the official Star Wars Galaxies franchise not just because of the implementation of a combat upgrade or some new game enhancements, but because he mislead and even deceived his fan base, discounted their opinions when his actions and the motivations behind those actions became clear, and destroyed the basic principles of marketing that any freshman business student has learned in college. Like it or not, democracy has power. I think the "pebble" and its speculated correlation with this announcement proves that.

XBitX
Max; beautifully stated, professionally handled, timely response. You have those qualities, and I am glad to have you as a superior.

Ekaika; calm but structured, simplistic but perfectly understandable. You too have great qualties and once again I am great to have you as well as a superior.

This goes for the entire Team to be honest. As it is obvious this decision was not made quickly, nor sloppily. This was obviously a full Team decision, discussed as carefully and intricately as possible.

I commend you all for a professional and outstanding response to something affecting the community that is in all description, your community.

Thank you for everything you guys have done and let's continue to make this professional and great like we all know it will be, and IS.

Jear
Thank you very much, Max and the hardworking GM team.

kaneda111
10-15-2009, 07:18 AM
Well, Guess ill see you all later then......

Vlada
10-15-2009, 07:19 AM
Decision has been made and it needs to be respected.

I do however think that a warning or two before perma-banning someone is in order, everyone deserves a second chance no matter how much they screw up.

I also think that retroactive implementation of this rule is a bit harsh. It should be used in any future cases of hacks, exploits, etc. But people that used hacks and are now banned maybe wouldn't have done it if they had known that such measures would be taken against them.

But whats done is done, rules are rules and we all must obey them.

P.S. I'm not opposing this rule, nor am I trying to change public opinion, I am simply stating my own opinion on this matter.

Ovale
10-15-2009, 07:23 AM
Thank you! This is excellent. :)

Ekaika
10-15-2009, 07:24 AM
Warnings have been given, and documentation accumulated. This is neither arbitrary nor spontaneous. No one affected can righteously claim surprise or ignorance.

exodus2
10-15-2009, 07:24 AM
i love u <3 great decision

Shayde
10-15-2009, 07:25 AM
So.. we lose rubberbanding and the asshats who speed hack at the same time?

Priceless.

SirJMon
10-15-2009, 07:28 AM
Well done. ./applause:D

Vlada
10-15-2009, 07:29 AM
Warnings have been given, and documentation accumulated. This is neither arbitrary nor spontaneous. No one affected can righteously claim surprise or ignorance.

I stand corrected then. I apologize.

Tegamal
10-15-2009, 07:31 AM
This is great!

It's great to see the people bringing this game back love it as much as I did, back in the day! You guys are awesome!

Devs have a thankless job & these guys are doing it for free. Show your support people!

StoneInc
10-15-2009, 07:31 AM
Excellent news, thanks SWGEmu team.

Mulana
10-15-2009, 07:32 AM
/cheer

Tarnrue
10-15-2009, 07:34 AM
Thats what im talking about, don't take sh*t from hackers. they are pansy's, who only knows how to win by cheating. so F them F them in the A. Honestly people who are going to exploit and cheat in SWG doesnt know the true mechanic of the game, and dont deserve to play or test it. the swg people here who love the game would never cheat, we just play the game that we learned to love back in 2003.

faceman7381
10-15-2009, 07:37 AM
When I was reading the forums the past two days, I was concerned of the direction that things were going.

I think a lot of people were quietly watching to see if this emu project was going to be like other emulator projects in where server leaders helped their chosen friends and protected them.

Today has reaffirmed for myself and many others here that this is a unique and totally different project. this is not just an emulator, but a seperate game. Pre-CU does not exist any longer on live, so the emu is the only way.

People were always concerned though if this community would be like many other emulators in that a 'chosen few' would be those who would have everything as chosen by the leaders of the project.

This swift and just action shows this is not the case. This truely is a project that not just emulates Pre-CU, but a professional gaming company developing a mmorpg game to run on its own online servers.

I hope everyone will take note of this and for those of you who sought to prosper at the expense of others' enjoyment, your enjoyment lies elsewhere. It will not be with this project.

kaneda111
10-15-2009, 07:38 AM
Thats what im talking about, don't take sh*t from hackers. they are pansy's, who only knows how to win by cheating. so F them F them in the A. Honestly people who are going to exploit and cheat in SWG doesnt know the true mechanic of the game, and dont deserve to play or test it. the swg people here who love the game would never cheat, we just play the game that we learned to love back in 2003.

How the **** am i supposed to succeed in anything without cheating??

Jesus.....

Valkyra
10-15-2009, 07:39 AM
Thats what im talking about, don't take sh*t from hackers. they are pansy's, who only knows how to win by cheating. so F them F them in the A.

That's a little too graphic... O.o

nickbrownsfan
10-15-2009, 07:49 AM
I very new here and have to say hats off to you guys. As stated in many posts before me SWG used to be one of the best community games in the market back in the day before it got turned into a useless unplayable and unenjoyable game.
I love the time and effort that the dev's and everyone for that matter have put into this project (for free) and to that end I try to do my part by always looking for bugs in the report forms when I find one. Most of the things I have found have been reported already but I do watch for things.
Cheaters always try to ruin games and I cant understand why they can't or won't just enjoy what is freely given to them and the community that is slowly building here, instead having to be the first/best/fastest/strongest etc with no regard for how it effects everyone else.
Again cheers to the new policy and the staff.

exodus2
10-15-2009, 07:51 AM

I do however think that a warning or two before perma-banning someone is in order, everyone deserves a second chance no matter how much they screw up.

I also think that retroactive implementation of this rule is a bit harsh. It should be used in any future cases of hacks, exploits, etc. But people that used hacks and are now banned maybe wouldn't have done it if they had known that such measures would be taken against them.

P.S. I'm not opposing this rule, nor am I trying to change public opinion, I am simply stating my own opinion on this matter.

hackers dont have souls therefore are not entitled to have second chances

RedFive
10-15-2009, 07:54 AM
Cheaters suck.

rex515
10-15-2009, 07:55 AM
So what... half of STORM just got banned lol?

Rodd
10-15-2009, 08:12 AM
Best news I could hope for... ban the problematic people, and dump the rubberbanding.

Hamilcar
10-15-2009, 08:19 AM
Very good. Thank you, Max.

Zeniha
10-15-2009, 08:28 AM
excellent :) great news!

Sixotoo
10-15-2009, 08:30 AM
YAY! Great job guys.

Let the witch hunts begin!

Malas
10-15-2009, 08:48 AM

Then what about those who has been using the food/drink bug, to be near invincible. I assume you have banned them aswell? If not, then this zero tolerance is just bull****. Exploiting bugs is just as bad as speedhacking. You gain an advantage over everyone else.

Dngrzne91
10-15-2009, 08:58 AM
Thumbs up... this is exactly what needed to be said and done. There is no room for this kind of BS especially on a TC. Great job and keep up the good work.

Uli
10-15-2009, 08:59 AM

You mean its pretty hard to Unintentionally speed hack

Zakirll
10-15-2009, 08:59 AM
Best news I've heard in a while! While I dislike rubber banding, I dislike cheaters even more! It's this kind of action that is going to keep me playing and make me want to support the emu dev team!

Drake Groth
10-15-2009, 09:09 AM
"Behavior from the community, and sadly, even staff,will no longer be tolerated when it is designed to undermine the project or community."

This.
For forward progression. No more hacking, exploiting, cheating, duping, or bad staff. :P

We don't want staff like SOE's that know nothing about the game. If ashur was banned for using actual in game skills then... we have someone on staff that is like SOE. :P

DraGa
10-15-2009, 09:10 AM
Something something plans complete.

Jedi something something heheheh :emperor:.

Something something darkside, muwhahahaha!

Nice :p

Karma85
10-15-2009, 09:21 AM
I love you guys, so very cool !!

Alegis
10-15-2009, 09:22 AM
Awesome News!

Thanks to the whole SWGEmu staff!

Kayliaah
10-15-2009, 09:40 AM
Wow wow wow.

I don't know if I'm the only one but that post freaked me out.
It really shows how much the STAFF is pissed big time because of these cheaters and I understand the post but it freaks me out I don't know why.

I really HOPE this decision hasn't been taken simply because of what the community asked, I really hope it doesn't change the Devs' mind about finding a way to prevent hacking instead of just super banning people, don't get me wrong I agree that hacking for your personal gain instead of testing hacks to show the system's breaches and reporting it (I guess it happens) is nothing but utterly stupid, I just don't understand the need for certain people to cheat at all, even if they don't do it to screw people, sometimes they might just do it for themselves.

Once again it really shows how much the Devs are pissed with all this "sudden" hacking (not like it has just started, it went more popular in the last few weeks.), I'm sure they were also pissed because of the hundreds daily complains on the forums and decided to take the policy to a new level, much good may it do us.

Anyway, I don't know what happened since this (my) morning, so I assume some people got banned?
Well I will see if I find any black name...

I just would like to point out this rule again.

3.11. You will not perform AFK camping of a spawn, NPC or cave. Camping is defined as repeatedly hunting a lair, spawn or NPC in succession. TC allows multiple accounts and connections, therefore using multiple toon instances to create the effect to "out damage" other players is considered AFK camping. There is only one toon actually operated by a single player and all successive toons are considered AFK camping. All toons in such instances are subject to disciplinary actions. Obviously, this camping rule does not restrict all multiple game instances. For example, it is acceptable for two game instances to be operated by one player where one instance is an AFK crafter sampling ground resources and the other is a character that is being played At The Keyboard.

I still don't get it, it has to be a mistake or I must be really stupid.

You mean its pretty hard to Unintentionally speed hack

What happened to your name..? :|

-
What a strange day.

Destinova
10-15-2009, 09:44 AM
Max, I'm glad to see this post here. At the beginning of the #devchat discussion on these issues, I was shocking to learn that what you were saying was basically, "Sorry for the rubberbanding, it's the lesser of two evils even if all you people don't agree". Was it the chat that changed things and the overwhelming negative response you got to all the rubberbanding or something else?

Tenaka
10-15-2009, 09:47 AM

You were cheating? That deserves a warning? You cheat, your gone.... this is your warning.

They wouldn't have cheated or hacked had they known measures would be taken agaisnt them?? Are you serious?? I'm sorry your honor I wouldn't have killed and robed someone had I known I could get caught...

Decebal
10-15-2009, 09:53 AM
/kudos
SWGEmu dev team is working to release a game they all (I hope) love. The rest of us are here to test and play a game we all (I hope) love. Anything else just hinders and delays this project. I support this decision fully and thank the dev team for making this mature decision.

Labyrinth
10-15-2009, 09:54 AM
I despise forum politics with a fiery passion that burns hotter than the twin suns of tatooine.

That is all.

Murreki
10-15-2009, 09:55 AM
Thank you very much :) Good work guys.

ZacMuleer
10-15-2009, 10:00 AM
Thanks so much Max, et al! /salute

uknowbigdee
10-15-2009, 10:01 AM
I agree with the steps taken. We should ALL be in testing mode right now. The staff is getting their feet wet in running the show, and doing a good job of it. And we as the gaming community should be testing and reporting any bugs we find to assist them! There is no way the staff could play the game and experience everything themselves WHILE working on running it! And that is what we are for. Any activities that get in the way of that should be dealt with in a fair yet decisive manner so as not to bog down the whole process for everyone. Thanks again SWGEmu!!

Murreki
10-15-2009, 10:01 AM
ack, prolonged double post x_x

Flylighter
10-15-2009, 10:11 AM
I despise forum politics with a fiery passion that burns hotter than the twin suns of tatooine.

That is all.

Fact, law, and universal rule.

Also worth noting: the loudest mouths are usually wrong. (not directed at you, obviously)

Carl M
10-15-2009, 10:13 AM
Is getting other players killed by manipulating dangerous monsters classed as griefing.

*whistles innocently*

Kayliaah
10-15-2009, 10:17 AM
Is getting other players killed by manipulating dangerous monsters classed as griefing.

No it's clever!

Vou23
10-15-2009, 10:19 AM

Burst run your way out of there. Put those swift Sullustan legs of yours to good use!

inyri
10-15-2009, 10:20 AM
Is getting other players killed by manipulating dangerous monsters classed as griefing.3.1. You may not harass or threaten other players (sexually, racially, or otherwise). Final determination of player infraction and severity will be made by a CSR. This includes but is not limited to: Hate Mongering, Sexual Abuse. Harassment, Training, Fishing and Spamming.

* 3.1.1 Harassment is defined as any unwanted or unwelcome behavior beyond the limits of good taste, civility and appropriate game context.
* 3.1.2 Training is defined as pulling/leading a hostile NPC or creature along behind you and attempting to get it to attack another player who does not desire that engagement.
* 3.1.3 Fishing is defined as deliberately wandering into the "visibility" radius of a jedi to make BH terminals produce Jedi missions for waiting a BH that are present at the mission terminals so that the BH can hunt the same specific jedi over and over.
* 3.1.4 Spamming is defined as excessive and inappropriate use of spatial communications, i.e. emote spamming, excessive hawking or tip spamming. Rule of thumb, once every 8-10 minutes is plenty for hawking an item. Note: excessive numbers of hawkers in an area may be @kicked by a CSR.
You are encouraged to read the rules (http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16670) in their entirety.

Labyrinth
10-15-2009, 10:23 AM
Fact, law, and universal rule.

Also worth noting: the loudest mouths are usually wrong. (not directed at you, obviously)
I'll second that....and third it if possible.

Maybe even fourth it while I'm at it. :|

Destinova
10-15-2009, 10:25 AM
* 3.1.4 Spamming is defined as excessive and inappropriate use of spatial communications, i.e. emote spamming, excessive hawking or tip spamming. Rule of thumb, once every 8-10 minutes is plenty for hawking an item. Note: excessive numbers of hawkers in an area may be @kicked by a CSR.
Does this mean we can start reporting cantina spammers and something will be done?

FEDS-91
10-15-2009, 10:28 AM
Bravo guys. Thanks.

inyri
10-15-2009, 10:28 AM
You should take advantage of /addignore since the devs were nice enough to add it into the game for you.

Wolvendrake
10-15-2009, 10:32 AM
Cheers - of course rubber banding is a pain in the butt - but if it helps get rid of people that are exploiting... then by all means. i want to play with people who are part of the community... not those who are willing to break the rules. don't they remember what this server is about? testing - and verifying? using exploits and hacking are definitely counter effective to that goal. Keep up the work guys!

sXeKJB
10-15-2009, 10:34 AM
I agree with this, however I feel griefing is kind of a part of swg pre-cu. I can understand HARASSMENT, but griefing is in just about every mmo I've ever played, EVER.

Edit* that being said, since this is a test server with the idea of testing and bug reporting in mind, griefing slows down the process of allowing others to test; so I'm kinda on the fence about it.

bosif
10-15-2009, 10:41 AM
great to see this in effect, keep up the good work,

....almost there....

vformrh
10-15-2009, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the update fellas.

I guess times have surely changed if people can't honestly grind up their professions. That essentially, made the game of Pre-CU SWG. If you want to blow that, then why are you even playing the game?

Just my .02 ;)

Shueisha
10-15-2009, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the update, I like the new policy :)

CapnSwifty
10-15-2009, 11:14 AM
I suppose I should start off by saying that I would never intentionally cause undue grief, harm or otherwise cheat to increase my odds or get ahead with anything.

I truly am an honorable person living in a mostly dishonorable world. I have been wrongly accused and persecuted of many things in life which I hope will explain my fears in this matter. I can personally testify that even with undeniable proof the good 'ole boys club wins.

I agree with a 0 tolerance policy but thats in a perfect world.
Nothing is ever perfect.

To reference history which I fear is about to repeat itself ...
Power Corrupts, Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely.

I fear that there can and or will be serious misuse of an insta-permabanstick. Everyone is capable of foolishly acting on an emotional response. Like in recent news 80 y/o ladies getting tasered by cops that feel they are right no matter the situation. Then their superiors trying to cover it up in fear of riots.

I agree the issue of testers / players using known exploits to get ahead and 3rd party client hacks ... screen macro's and speed hacking etc is a big deal and should be dealt with harshly but there must be checks and balances to avoid misuse on any front.

I see a high probability that general server lag can and will be seen as speed hacking. The current countermeasure that is in place is irrefutable proof of this.

If my character is sitting somewhere and suddenly gets up and runs somewhere and the server doesn't get my clients data for more than a few seconds I will appear to sit there longer than I did then shoot off running faster than possible to people near by when the server catches up to my client. The only viable way to prove it would be to have a video of my clients version of events. Everything else ... other clients, and the server will have incorrect information.

Even in life I currently feel to even try and avoid the current level of accepted corruption I need to wear a camera and microphone running every second of every day wearing a hat or shirt that says something to the affect of Being in the proximity to me you might be recorded for QA purposes.

Do I need to fraps every second of my SWGEmu experience in order to have recourse if I am implicated. From the sound of things in this thread there would be reason to feel that might not even be enough.

To sum it all up ... Basically I would like more than a simple assurance that Ultimate Cosmic Power will not be misused.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. ... C.S. Lewis

To go bad to the roots ... something that current society tends to ignore.

The shaft of the arrow had been feathered with one of the eagle's own plumes. We often give our enemies the means of our own destruction. ... Aesop
Just to iterate ... this basically means that anything done as a measure of protection can and will be used against that protection.

Sorry for the rant ... I could go on for days on this subject.

Vou23
10-15-2009, 11:43 AM
Staff have far more significant problems to be concerned about than idiots running around the test server with hacks running. And even after this there are people worrying about being sold down the river by a management who are trying to do nothing but their very best for this community.

What a shame.

Reken
10-15-2009, 11:48 AM
Awesome policy change. Thanks for the info. :)

Varanis Black
10-15-2009, 12:09 PM
BRAVO!!!

I bow to you as I know it was not the easiest decision for you but for the majority of us we stand behind you 110%!!

The few who would hack or hinder the progress of this project will not be mourned by those with a true intent of the furthering of this project and its completion!

Barber
10-15-2009, 12:15 PM
I truly think a zero tolerance policy is the best way to go. but to be honest i've already seen a bunch of unfair bans. Like my friend observer quit a few days ago, because of the exploiting and hacking and today he finds out he was banned for "exploiting". Right now given that its a TC somethings could just be broken. He never played live Pre-cu, so I don't think he even knows how somethings work yet, Given that before the wipe he never used food before.

Given that this is a TC alot of people could be exploiting with out even realizing it, due to the fact that not alot of things work properly, so how do you know some people even mean to exploit when its just an honest mistake?

Keono
10-15-2009, 12:29 PM
<3 :p

Mahonra
10-15-2009, 12:30 PM
Yeah about that and the entire discussion of people who may have been banned, did you read the part that said:

My bad. I apologize. :(

Qatar
10-15-2009, 12:34 PM
Amen

lothos
10-15-2009, 12:35 PM
I think some people misconstrue fair pvp and griefing. Griefing by its nature is only when the attacker has no chance of being killed/injured in any way by the target and usually no npc intervention as well as repeated actions against the same target.

One, if you get off on that kind of behavior you really should seek professional help. You are behaving like nothing more than a virtual bully.

Two, why do you bother to even play the game if your only wish is to perform actions requiring no effort or challenge on your part?

Three, do you wish the player you are inflicting this behavior upon to quit the game? That is the eventual outcome really and you lose your reason for one and two at some point.

Now, don't get me wrong... I love the challenge a PVP/open world allows. I simply am of the opinion that griefing is overall detrimental to the game and server.

arween
10-15-2009, 12:49 PM
very good
I totaly agree to zero-tolerance

SomeoneImportant
10-15-2009, 12:55 PM
About damn time this happened.

Labyrinth
10-15-2009, 01:00 PM
Staff have far more significant problems to be concerned about than idiots running around the test server with hacks running. And even after this there are people worrying about being sold down the river by a management who are trying to do nothing but their very best for this community.

What a shame.
The rabbit hole goes deep and it's all sensationalistic politics anyway.

Now I'm getting out of here before I end up speaking again. :|

ChixDigit
10-15-2009, 01:07 PM
This was absolutely the right decision to make. Good call!

Vou23
10-15-2009, 01:13 PM
The rabbit hole goes deep and it's all sensationalistic politics anyway.

Now I'm getting out of here before I end up speaking again. :|

I don't think it's even that much, Labyrinth.

Anyway, yes, I agree wholeheartedly, it isn't something I'm going to continue discussing either.

Emokho
10-15-2009, 01:49 PM
Yay! ban the hackers, kick the cheaters (and tell them you can't actualy WIN at SWG anyway on their way out the door). I've never been opposed to strict and harsh punishment of cheaters in any game in any way so long as the people with the ability to punish them are fair and everyone involved remembers they are human and capable of makeing a misteak. Do not jump down the throat of the DEV/CSR team if they make a misteak since they are working for free, and are human, petition for a review of the individual case and abide by the decision untill it is over turned if it is, if not, well you tried. Though I find it impossible to back this pollicy 110%, as percent literaly means out of one hundred, if you have ten more you are hacking your percentage.

Ahzanti
10-15-2009, 01:55 PM
I have to agree with your decision. I know it sounds hard but after experiencing the ruberbanding of my character and it getting me killed over and over again because someone had to ruin it for everyone what else can you realistically do? I would rather see everyone play nicely with each other then play a game or on a server wtih nothing but _____.

Keep up the good work.

AriasImmortal
10-15-2009, 02:03 PM
I can't say I agree with a Zero Tolerance policy, but if it needs to be done, so be it.

Aeden
10-15-2009, 02:04 PM
Then what about those who has been using the food/drink bug, to be near invincible. I assume you have banned them aswell? If not, then this zero tolerance is just bull****. Exploiting bugs is just as bad as speedhacking. You gain an advantage over everyone else.

There's a major difference between exploiting omnipresent known bugs while they last and working hard to CREATE new exploits.

There are degrees of severity. For instance, all the consumables (food, drink, buffs, etc...) of the game replenish after server reboot. Everyone on the server knows that and benefits from this bug and even though it creates a hole in the economy, it can't be considered an exploit. It doesn't make someone OP (the way duping items does for instance )and it will hopefully be treated soon.
Each case must be treated individually. Stricter punishments doesn't mean generalizing penalties and lifting the ban hammer on every moving player.

Speed hacking on the other hand requires the player to install and fiddle with third-party programs or tools. It's a completely different level of action.
And no matter the whining and justification you may add to the discussion, it is now a first category offense. Live with it.

xomm
10-15-2009, 02:09 PM
now THIS! is what i like to hear!! YAY!!!!

Yyss'a
10-15-2009, 02:20 PM
I can only but applaud in the change of policy. Not because of the new policy, simply because the team showed flexibility in order to adapt to a new situation (and quite fast as it is, all things considered).

I truly wish the SWGEmu team will keep changing their policies accordingly to new challenges in the future, as they just did. It shows a great desire for progress.

Even if they change their policies in a fashion that does not exactly follow the playerbase's wishes, I will always support change. The SWGemu team has proven their wisdom to me as to how to deal with rumors and pressure. Change is good, change keeps everything growing.

Please, don't ever fall asleep and drift away from what is really going on. Keep changing, I will keep up with you.

Phase
10-15-2009, 02:44 PM
...There are degrees of severity. For instance, all the consumables (food, drink, buffs, etc...) of the game replenish after server reboot. Everyone on the server knows that...

Er...I didn't know that :|

Heck, I don't seem to know much about food and buffs anyway.

Also, while I like the new update deal, I am mildly worried about the speedhacking issue alongside my connection, which is quite lossy at times. What would happen if to me the game was running fine, but on the server and to other people it looked like i was speedhacking? That just doesn't seem too great from here :|

cRush
10-15-2009, 02:54 PM
We aren't removing the speed hack prevention algorithm. We will only work to improve it. Banning speed hackers isn't a solution to this problem - it's a hot fix at best.

emporter
10-15-2009, 03:00 PM
I agree with the policy change a hundred percent, but I do have two reservations:

1) What holes/bugs/vulnerabilities won't be found without the people who know how to break a/o exploit the system?

2) We're here to stress the system for testing and optimization purposes, but newcomers would never know it by the "fair gameplay" tone of the comments. I mean, of course people are having fun playing, but underneath it all, that's not really why we're here at this stage, is it?

Maybe a general attitude adjustment is in order, beyond just a zero-tolerance policy change.

deathknight101
10-15-2009, 03:06 PM
so how does rubber banding play into the speed hacking prevention software? just wondering.

Yreaga
10-15-2009, 03:09 PM
Cheers to you!

Max
10-15-2009, 03:11 PM
I agree with the policy change a hundred percent, but I do have two reservations:

1) What holes/bugs/vulnerabilities won't be found without the people who know how to break a/o exploit the system?

2) We're here to stress the system for testing and optimization purposes, but newcomers would never know it by the "fair gameplay" tone of the comments. I mean, of course people are having fun playing, but underneath it all, that's not really why we're here at this stage, is it?

Maybe a general attitude adjustment is in order, beyond just a zero-tolerance policy change.
Sadly, None of these people would help us fix issues, let us know they even exist, or admit that they do when asked point blank. They're not interested in helping the project or testing the game, they're interested in making sure they're better than everyone else and in messing with people.

jonna
10-15-2009, 03:12 PM
well. we have waited for years to play this game again and some out there r so dumb that they just waited so they culd exploit. to those who got banned. blame your selfs. i though you wanted to play pre cu again and not act like a silly kid.
sry if i offended anyone.
and sry for bad english^^

BC|Wulf
10-15-2009, 03:35 PM
prove any of that?

i dont think you will or can.

someone uploaded a video of ashur sitting on dath, then some noobs (10 of em) of em tried to kill ashur but they failed since he used forcearmor2 and then healed states then forceran away.

and when some guy said "run *****" he replied by saying "hahahaha i killed mellichae for you"

as for griefing, as long as you dont have prove, then shut up, that simple.

Sounds like most of the exploiting losers on the live servers. Glad to see the emu is taking steps to push these pointless human beings out of the game. The hackers and exploiters ruined the game the first time around under SOE. All they were worried about is how much money they could make, not the enjoyment of the players that would be in it long term.

Good for you and keep up the good work!

tehmulletman
10-15-2009, 03:59 PM
thanks for the info its good to know

and what is your definition of griefing? is it just someone who intentionally uses a glitch to make another person unhappy, or stuck?

anyway thanks for helping clean up the server of cheaters...why can't people play like everyone else?

Mereel
10-15-2009, 04:02 PM
Right on Max

Hernest Novak
10-15-2009, 04:14 PM
Great!!!

xoom
10-15-2009, 04:36 PM
If you don't know if you're cheating, you're likely not cheating. We know the difference. This has gone on far long enough. It ends now.

so what was epiphany that changed your mind?

As stated in the developer chat you responded with a swift "we don't want to alienate anyone from the program".

Clearly the dev. team's stance on this has changed. Just curious what led to this decision.

btw, I wholeheartedly agree with the decision.

nave0
10-15-2009, 05:26 PM
As dreadful as the rubber-banding can be at times, zero-tolerance towards exploiters and hackers I would think is necessary. The developers are busy trying to get this thing up and running, and don't have time to waste delegating with such people.

In the end, this is just a beta, and we are testers. What the devs say goes, as it should.

And to those of you who think you've been unfairly banned, go make another account and don't do it again. It's not like your characters weren't going to be wiped later anyways.

DarKenigma
10-15-2009, 05:39 PM
you have just shown that the true fans of SWG are truly important and appreciated. /tiphat /applaud. I only hope that we can reciprocate the amount of appreciation you all deserve.

Newsound
10-15-2009, 05:51 PM
Thank you staff!!!! Thank you for making a no excuses stance on this. It is sad that we even have to do this, with this many people around though there are bound to be more than a few dumb ass's.

jat5560
10-15-2009, 05:55 PM
Holy Moly

I am very very proud of you guys today! Two big thumbs up! This is the BEST post I've ever seen on these forums!

I support your decision 100%!

Stay Hard!

Nedak
10-15-2009, 06:08 PM
Aw, I didn't get a chance to vote.

Either way, what ****ing loser would cheat on an Emulator?

longstock
10-15-2009, 06:40 PM
Fantastic! Thank you! :)

illipthgore
10-15-2009, 06:48 PM

This is total BS,The people that this type of policy aims at are activly working within a group to break/create situations that is a hack/cheat there is no misunderstanding.Its like giving drunk drivers a warning,a drunk driver is no better than a terrorist throwing a grenade on a bus.

i HATE cheaters with a passion when they try to do it in MMOs its even worse,id like to put up a website with names/adresses of ppl caught cheating.it shows a total lack of moral fiber or regard for other people and without any real accountability they will just grow in secret with other fungas and molds.

Rippster
10-15-2009, 06:50 PM
Sadly, None of these people would help us fix issues, let us know they even exist, or admit that they do when asked point blank. They're not interested in helping the project or testing the game, they're interested in making sure they're better than everyone else and in messing with people.

That about sums it up right there. Hackers care about one thing...themselves.

As for the policy change, I'm all for it. I'm sure you guys won't take that responsibility lightly and carry around a large Ban-Stick +6 and wave it recklessly. The decision to perma-ban shouldn't be taken lightly no doubt.

My only concern is the decision to continue on with the speed-hack check which is creating the rubber-banding. Will the dev team get sidetracked with all the hacks that show up? This is going to be open source so won't there always be new hacks showing up? Wouldn't it make more sense to focus on finishing the project first and perma-ban the cheaters? I could easily see the project become bogged down in anti-hacking fixes which will drain development resources from finalizing SWGEmu.

But at any rate, I trust you guys will figure that all out too, just something on my mind.

Thanks for the update, you guys are the best. If SOE took a fraction of the time you guys do to listen to the concerns of their players, they wouldn't be in a world of hurt...well it would probably take more that just that but it would have helped. :D

faceman7381
10-15-2009, 06:58 PM
Aw, I didn't get a chance to vote.

Either way, what ****ing loser would cheat on an Emulator?

Once again, Nedak couldn't be more right!

barkjj
10-15-2009, 07:36 PM
Thank you SWGEMU team.

Nedak
10-15-2009, 08:14 PM
Once again, Nedak couldn't be more right!

Nice, a fan?

Master Chief
10-15-2009, 08:17 PM
This is an example of why I have strived to climb the ranks so enthusiastically upon my joining. Max, I won't let you down!

/salute

Reggit
10-15-2009, 08:18 PM
Noted and thank you for everything you all do. It is so great to be back in the game!

HoboWithABlaster
10-15-2009, 08:21 PM
This is an example of why I have strived to climb the ranks so enthusiastically upon my joining. Max, I won't let you down!

/salute

Ok, new guy.

Hangman
10-15-2009, 08:31 PM
When many people have to pay the price of a few who break the rules, it is not right and we all know this. The majority of the people agree, are happy with, and support the new policy and the perma-band.

The Emu Team did not make this decision without much consideration. The Emu Team did not ban anyone without good reason, without warning, or without appeal. The Emu Team will not discuss players banned with the community. This means you only hear one side of a story. (this is more respect than a lot of people give the Emu Team)

I've seen the Emu Team put a lot of effort and energy into consideration towards the players (let alone the effort they put into bringing ol' SWG back). Their posts are generally professional and rarely personal, which I can't say the same for a lot of the players.

If a player does something wrong once or vary rarely, then it is obvious they are not trying to repeat it and therefore not exploit it. If a staff member tells you to stop and you do, then I doubt there will be a problem. Have a little trust in the Emu Team. They aren't perfect, but they've gotten us this far. And that is saying a lot. Personally, I'm glad I've been along for the ride.

Dafole
10-15-2009, 09:20 PM
Well for a EMU thats is free perma ban is the only way. People dont actually pay to play its free so to get rid of the exploiters and such only way is to perma ban. Cause if you paid and your account gets banned for a week you loose the money you paid for that account. here you just loose a few days of free play.

I support this fully!!!!

Bowen McCloud
10-15-2009, 10:43 PM
go team!
Thanks for responding to our desires Max, and thank you for spending the hours listening to us the other night.

-Bowen

Kraschman
10-16-2009, 12:08 AM
Gotta love it, agree 100%

Screw the cheaters and exploiters... that kind of "player" we don't need. Let SOE have 'em.

Tosheden
10-16-2009, 01:37 AM
Well for a EMU thats is free perma ban is the only way. People dont actually pay to play its free so to get rid of the exploiters and such only way is to perma ban. Cause if you paid and your account gets banned for a week you loose the money you paid for that account. here you just loose a few days of free play.

I support this fully!!!!

^This

blackrainemax
10-16-2009, 05:01 AM
Good deal. Now maybe the honest people can play and have fun like the good old days.

Thanks Devs. Hats off to you all.

robson66
10-16-2009, 07:47 AM
I thank.
If only it was not errors.

Emokho
10-16-2009, 09:47 AM

And by their actions alone they have proven themselves sad people who are infact the opposite of what they cheat to become. I enjoy irony.

TK-386
10-16-2009, 11:47 AM
/tiphat

The only right decision.

Noraa
10-16-2009, 02:36 PM
I think it's pretty much unanimus that the dev team has made yet again another great decision that we will all benifit from for a long time.

ireth
10-16-2009, 02:37 PM
Hi, i was wondering if its considered cheating to gather resourses while afk? ...also my apologease for being guilty for creating a entertainer for the purpose of selling his dress shoes for cheap so that my other character may have them :(

stefman123
10-16-2009, 02:52 PM
i think that's the decision we all wanted to hear and it proves you have listened to the community soe you are not

thanks
stef

dudeofet
10-16-2009, 02:53 PM
THE STORMTROOPER EFFECT ISNT NOTICABLE THE IMPS ARE CLEARLY CHEATING!
but seriously, this is great news, thank you

lothos
10-16-2009, 03:29 PM
now expand banning to include people that whine about other people that got banned.

karnax
10-16-2009, 05:08 PM
Major thumbs up and thanks for putting your foot down devs :) At the end of the day the only people who are gonna think this move is unreasonable are people who feel threatened by it.

I'm amazed that a sizable portion of an actual guild have been busted for this though. That an actual group of people all under one banner knew each other were hacking and enjoyed doing it in company. That is the complete arse of of emu community right there >.<

Jubba
10-16-2009, 09:39 PM
You have my full support! Thanks!!

Labyrinth
10-16-2009, 10:27 PM
now expand banning to include people that whine about other people that got banned.
and expand banning to include people that say people who whine about other people that got banned should be banned.

Ad infinitum.

Ekaika
10-16-2009, 10:45 PM
Ok, after cleaning up a 10+ page thread, I remind you, The OP clearly stated DO NOT DISCUSS INDIVIDUAL DISCIPLINARY ACTIONS. And it was ignored. Fair warning, further public debate will necessitate incurred infractions.

leeloo3312
10-17-2009, 03:54 AM
what is duping but good news any how

well done

leeloo

MarlonB
10-17-2009, 09:16 AM
I never hid the fact attempting to hack the client on occasion, but I also reported my findings to the appropriate people.

If i risk losing my account for that, it speaks for itself that i will put T-search back in the freezer :). I hope though that you don't stop trying to find and fix these vulnerabilities yourself.

zabrakwith
10-17-2009, 09:20 AM
When will the anti-SH be turned off? The TC was pretty much unplayable last night. It took me an hour to run 890m out to a mission :(

BTW- If you cheat on purpose at a FREE game(and it's not done to help out development) you are the lowest scum of the Earth and don't deserve to play.

Hangman
10-17-2009, 09:56 AM
Hi, i was wondering if its considered cheating to gather resourses while afk? ...also my apologease for being guilty for creating a entertainer for the purpose of selling his dress shoes for cheap so that my other character may have them :(

Quote from policy;
3.11. You will not perform AFK camping of a spawn, NPC or cave. Camping is defined as repeatedly hunting a lair, spawn or NPC in succession. TC allows multiple accounts and connections, therefore using multiple toon instances to create the effect to "out damage" other players is considered AFK camping. There is only one toon actually operated by a single player and all successive toons are considered AFK camping. All toons in such instances are subject to disciplinary actions. Obviously, this camping rule does not restrict all multiple game instances. For example, it is acceptable for two game instances to be operated by one player where one instance is an AFK crafter sampling ground resources and the other is a character that is being played At The Keyboard.

Take some time to ready the new Policy, really. It will help remove most all doubts you might have.

Hellflinger
10-17-2009, 12:50 PM
All the bugs that I have ever found have taken away Items, not duped them. However, I have ocasionally seen Items pop up in my Inventory in place of others, i.e. a survival knife turned into some huge two-handed sword. Does this count as cheating? and if so, how do I go about correcting it ?I did not do this intentionally.

Varolokkur
10-18-2009, 12:50 AM
Thank you very much.
A quick and appropriate response.

Aeden is so hawt! gawd lol

Karric_
10-18-2009, 08:52 AM
Wow......3 days old and it is 11 pages already!

Although my response will be buried, I also aplaud your professionalism in dealing with a very complex problem.

I also fully approve the move that that notice was supported by a quorum of Development staff as noted by the little signatures at the bottom.

As I have said before on another issue, I truely appreciate there being an apeal policy in place. Those that are monitoring can't always fully investigate claims of hacking and duping without investing time and resources that are moving the project foreward.

Good move and full support here.

is2u
10-18-2009, 05:10 PM
/standingovation

I think it is well over due. Thank you for implementing this policy.

cyberneo777
10-18-2009, 06:55 PM
Keep it up Devs you guys are doing a great job... :D

Lesardah
10-20-2009, 01:02 PM
Good points were made in the rubber-banding discussion that were difficult to disagree with. I don't usually favor a hard-line approach, but I also don't think people who would cheat are "in step" with the rest of us supporting the project. Cheating is a VERY intentional action.

Ban them completely from testing and let them know you're serious. If they want to come back when the game releases, give them a chance to do so then, and only then.

erminator
10-23-2009, 05:20 AM
Quote from policy;

Take some time to ready the new Policy, really. It will help remove most all doubts you might have.

What if your just afk sampling and NOT at keyboard with your other character??

bluenosedwill
10-26-2009, 05:48 PM
excellent news

oidin
10-27-2009, 09:11 AM
Sorry if I ask a dumb question, but Im a noob in case of network/serverstuff.:|

I get sometimes this "rubberbanding"; does it mean "I" cause "speedhack", or do I get it, because someone else did speedhack?

Just in case, the failure is on my side, how to prevent "speedhack".

Vlada
10-27-2009, 09:40 AM
Sorry if I ask a dumb question, but Im a noob in case of network/serverstuff.:|

I get sometimes this "rubberbanding"; does it mean "I" cause "speedhack", or do I get it, because someone else did speedhack?

Just in case, the failure is on my side, how to prevent "speedhack".

Its not you, don't worry about it. Its the anti speed hack algorithm that's not working as intended and is causing rubber-banding. Someone else was speed hacking and the algorithm was applied to prevent it. They are tweaking a new one on internal TC and it will be replacing the old one soon.

XCKid
10-27-2009, 03:30 PM
A world without rubberbanding? Is it a dream come true? :P

Tropicana
10-28-2009, 05:27 AM
Max, I think you are a stand-up guy, I really do. That being said; Why aren't you standing up for yourself, and telling the idiots on your team to sit down, and shut the **** up?

Every time you come on the forums with something promising, someone else comes along, and ruins the entire thing, and makes you come off as a liar, which I know you are not. Most of the members on the forums are completely oblivious to the fact that this thread is actually older than the one that is already locked. If they read that one, they wouldn't be so anxious to swallow the Emulator's enormous E-peen, even if it is sticking out of a pair of navy blue slacks that are being held up by a pair of red suspenders that are resting comfortably over top a green and white plaid shirt, with both of it's front pockets heavily guarded by pencils, erasers, and a pair of bi-focal glasses. As appealing as that might be.

No offense to any members on these forums, but the majority of them are mindless drones that are being used to test a 4 year in the making make-shift Alpha server. Most of them don't even know what hacking, or duping is. I'd even go so far as saying that half of the players on the emulator spend 90% of their time in the Cantina using the server as a cyber-frenzied chat room.

If you want people to be able to actually "test" your Alpha server with any degree of accuracy, then why don't you use some of the thousands of dollars that have been poured like water into this project and go buy legit servers that don't act like a freshman college student after his first house party.

Personally, I think that any, and all "promises" that are announced should come with a disclaimer that they will last about 10 days, or until a programmer's friend starts speed-hacking. That way, no one can complain when these types of things happen, because we will be expecting them.

I am sure you know by now that playing on the TC while the debugger is running is like digital déjà vu. I guess that isn't so bad for those who like to see the scenery, because they will get it to see it over, and over, and over again. There is nothing healthier than running out of a city six times before you finally break your rubber-banding for testing purposes, I gotta hand it to the EMu team, they sure know how to be practical, and efficient.

If there is any one thing I want to stress to the EMu team it would be: Fix the Mobs.

Fix the mobs so that you don't have lairs that spawn 30m out in water, fix mobs so that they don't attack you, run away, regenerate, and then come attack you again, fix mobs so they don't attack you, while being unattackable themselves, fix mobs that can apply states, and are unattackable, fix mobs that spawn inside of walls, on LoS lines, on top of you randomly, as you are running. Fix mobs so that they don't KD-Dizzy you in an infinite loop, fix mobs so that they don't ingore posture change, and dizzy. Fix mobs that aggro from 80m away, and for **** sake, give us Taunt.

I honestly hope that you are able to keep this Emulator alive by yourself Max, because no one else has shown that they care enough to help you. (except El'layn, she does an awesome job.)

Destruction
10-28-2009, 08:10 AM
i would like to see where you got that second quote from, as it doesn't sound like Kyle

faceman7381
10-28-2009, 08:14 AM
i would like to see where you got that second quote from, as it doesn't like Kyle

He got it from the older thread he is referring to that has been locked.

Yes, it was from Kyle. That is why Trop is making this post.

You just proved his point.

Destruction
10-28-2009, 02:30 PM
i found it,it's a policy change not a statement by kyle as portrayed in the sig

and the key words are suspiciously not in bold

point not proven until Strict guidelines are elaborated on

also, comparing the statement from 10/15/09 to the CHANGE on 10/18/09 doesn't make a tenable point as the 2nd was likely made with consideration to the 1st

Emokho
10-28-2009, 02:53 PM
The thing I get from all this is that perhapse the people with the little blue boxes where the "rank" goes should get together and descuss things in a forum where asmany as possibly can debate, descuss, and come to a concensious before announceing any grand sweeping change so this sort of thing does not occur in the future where one guy either looks like a donkey or like he's getting bent over the desk depending on your point of view.

Perhapse a descussion forum here with acess only given to the staff where topice like "ok guys, what do we do about speed hackers" would appear and be descussed for a time.

faceman7381
10-28-2009, 03:08 PM
Okay.....

I am not even going to touch this.

What I will say is this (and I can't believe I am saying this):

If you don't have a join date of 2006 or 2007, you don't know what most of us are talking about.

I invite anyone about to flame me to go back to my posts and look at some of them.
I have offered and have aided TONS of noobs on this forum and in game even when they were being flamed all over the place for saying dumb stuff and asking 'age old questions'.

Now, if you are from the above mentioned era and know of the old boards where if had even ASKED about jedi on there, you'd get the ban stick thumped on your head then you know what Trop, Timbab, myself and others are syaing here.

There is a history. That's all that needs to be said. If you don't know about the removal/restructuring of class representatives were and how that went down, then you don't know what we're talking about.

If you don't know who Megatron is, then you don't know what we are talking about.

The list goes on.

Look back to that thread about the Zero Tolerance to the first post I made. It talks about how people were worried that the emu would turn into an emulator like every other emulator where the boys and their friends were treated differently.

Those fears were and are real.

I like Kyle a lot btw. If you are a crafter, you better show some love for him, because you would still be dreaming about it if it weren't for him. But posting a quote from him in bold to show Trop's point isn't 'suspicious' its to draw attention to it.

cRush ellobrated on stirct guidelines latter in that thread and that because of Ashur's eariler work with finding some very diminshing bugs (my words, as I know Ashur DID test and find bugs) that his recent actions should be weighed in light of his previous assistance to the project.

Trop said:

"Every time you (Max) come on the forums with something promising, someone else comes along, and ruins the entire thing, and makes you come off as a liar, which I know you are not. Most of the members on the forums are completely oblivious to the fact that this thread is actually older than the one that is already locked."

That's his point. Max has played damage control before in some of the above listed instances I stated. Unless you were here then, you don't know what he is talking about which proves Trop's other point:

"No offense to any members on these forums, but the majority of them are mindless drones that are being used to test a 4 year in the making make-shift Alpha server."

That's all.

Emokho
10-28-2009, 03:31 PM
Then I apologize yet again for being human and having an opion or suggestion. Or scratch that, read signature attached to post and listen to the unedited version of it in the song "you can't bring me down" by the band named there.

Even inferring that people who are new to something should be excluded from descussion is a great way to ensure no new ideas or persepctives are ever given and that people will not care to come and try to help.

Destruction
10-28-2009, 04:03 PM
If you don't have a join date of 2006 or 2007, you don't know what most of us are talking about.

fair enough, a lot can happen in 2-3 years

I invite anyone about to flame me to go back to my posts and look at some of them.
I have offered and have aided TONS of noobs on this forum and in game even when they were being flamed all over the place for saying dumb stuff and asking 'age old questions'.

Now, if you are from the above mentioned era and know of the old boards where if had even ASKED about jedi on there, you'd get the ban stick thumped on your head then you know what Trop, Timbab, myself and others are syaing here.

shows that times have changed as work is done

There is a history. That's all that needs to be said. If you don't know about the removal/restructuring of class representatives were and how that went down, then you don't know what we're talking about.

If you don't know who Megatron is, then you don't know what we are talking about.

The list goes on.

a lesson would be nice but is likely unnecessary, I don't (obviously, as i wasn't there)
see what this has to do with this thread

Look back to that thread about the Zero Tolerance to the first post I made. It talks about how people were worried that the emu would turn into an emulator like every other emulator where the boys and their friends were treated differently.

Those fears were and are real.

I read your post, i don't see evidence of those fears. If i have been blind please point them out.

I like Kyle a lot btw. If you are a crafter, you better show some love for him, because you would still be dreaming about it if it weren't for him. But posting a quote from him in bold to show Trop's point isn't 'suspicious' its to draw attention to it.

I am a crafter, and i very happy with the amount of progress done on all aspects of crafting

cRush ellobrated on stirct guidelines latter in that thread and that because of Ashur's eariler work with finding some very diminshing bugs (my words, as I know Ashur DID test and find bugs) that his recent actions should be weighed in light of his previous assistance to the project.

i found that as well. it was very enlightening as to what they meant but no one likes abuse of bugs which is where the ban comes in. Reporting these exploits and methods discreetly improves the emulator and so long as the reporter doesnt mess with the exploit again everything is fine.

Trop said:"Every time you (Max) come on the forums with something promising, someone else comes along, and ruins the entire thing, and makes you come off as a liar, which I know you are not. Most of the members on the forums are completely oblivious to the fact that this thread is actually older than the one that is already locked."

I am well aware this thread is older and mentioned so in my post

That's his point. Max has played damage control before in some of the above listed instances I stated. Unless you were here then, you don't know what he is talking about which proves Trop's other point:

"No offense to any members on these forums, but the majority of them are mindless drones that are being used to test a 4 year in the making make-shift Alpha server."

make-shift: A temporary or expedient substitute for something else.

the Nova Test Center may be temporary but this doesn't seem like a temporary project

The idea of a TEST-center is to mindless test, replicate, and report on, bugs isn't it? that's what most people use 'em for

That's all.

Good day

shilo
10-29-2009, 10:53 PM

You know, I have been following the emu for a very long time. My post count may not reflect it, but I have been following it ever since I first saw those videos of the character with the bent and crooked body on Corellia from 2006.

Since than I followed the development. However, in the early days I did not post much. The culture of the early project days was like that of a school yard.

This project is night and day compared to what it was in the beginning. The boards were like the wild wild west. The hostilities and flames were enough to turn me off from getting into the process. I just patiently waited, every few months I would check in and see how the progress was doing.

I remember the very first stress test, I was pissed that I could not make it because of a prior RL engagement. However, I did not miss many after that.

I remember before the glorious creation of the LPE, having to read pages of computer mumbo-jumbo and having to jump hoops, to actually log onto the server.

I remember Anchorhead, and the rows of trainers, and blue frogs. And a big empty planet with nothing much other than a few dewbacks and squills.

Basically what I am trying to get at, is that I really have no clue about who Megatron is, (save for some google research...I now know, that he was a divisive person, who's actions fractured the community) or any of the old-board drama. I knew it was there, i avoided it like the plague. And I can see the difference. Todays project is much more professional, and actually seems to have a direction.

Good on ya's!!

Emokho
10-30-2009, 11:52 AM
Yes actualy, I still have the "shortcut to EMU" icon on my desktop that's no longer applicable because I did log in before there was combat or professions and the /set title command was the new toy to play with. It looked good but a long way off, I made a post or five then lost my login information when I stopped visiting because of alot of RL stuff happening. I had to make a new login because I didn't remember the old one from years ago sometime in the winter of 06-07.

qrst675
11-16-2009, 08:33 PM
thanks,for you ,the are very good. ugg boots sale (http://www.alpineer.us)Bailey Button Ugg Boots (http://www.zumfoot.us/bailey-button-ugg-boots), Classic Short Ugg Boots (http://www.zumfoot.us/classic-short-ugg-boots), Classic Tall Ugg Boots (http://www.zumfoot.us/classic-tall-ugg-boots), Argyle Knit Ugg Boots (http://www.zumfoot.us/argyle-knit-ugg-boots).

atreyu
12-01-2009, 07:14 PM
We are also investigating turning off the Speed-hacking detection software (rubber banding). This post will be edited with an update on that when a decision is reached.

May I ask, has this progressed any further?

Ruledo
12-27-2009, 08:16 AM
Boo.