PDA

View Full Version : Update 10/29/2009

Max
10-29-2009, 06:40 PM
TC:Nova Updates - 10/29/2009

Bounty Hunter

Moved Jedi Location System Messages to only message Nov BH and above.

Jedi

Misc Jedi tweaks
Tweaked Powers Tree skills, give it a try.

Creature Spawns

Tweaked Boba.

Server

Added Auto Server Restart

Thanks everyone!

Eenu
10-29-2009, 06:45 PM
Awesome. Good to see you back, Max.

SirJMon
10-29-2009, 06:51 PM
good news indeed. now I would love to give the jedi tweak a try as you said, but boba fett is killing us all instantly. I know you can't give a time, but is there at least a tweak coming in regards to that?

Utherix
10-29-2009, 06:53 PM
good news indeed. now I would love to give the jedi tweak a try as you said, but boba fett is killing us all instantly. I know you can't give a time, but is there at least a tweak coming in regards to that?
It said they tweaked Bobba. Did it not fix it or did you just not read the post? ;-)

Vlada
10-29-2009, 06:54 PM
Good stuff. ;)

Eenu
10-29-2009, 06:55 PM
Boba
Boba
Boba

SirJMon
10-29-2009, 06:55 PM
It said they tweaked Bobba. Did it not fix it or did you just not read the post? ;-)

It did not fix it. I'm still stuck on dath as we speak. I'm looking right at him and he has killed me many many times today. I keep trying to find away to get close enough to him and try to knock him down. No luck though, as soon as I step out.....dead:(

However, you're all invited to come on out to the science outpost on dath and throw rocks and tease me if you'd like. I could use the company. :D

Neab
10-29-2009, 07:05 PM
why fix the boba spawn now? i'd rather him killed the jedi. untill BHs can get them with the terminals

SirJMon
10-29-2009, 07:13 PM
Easy for you to say seeing how you can at least move your toon. Just a hunch, but I bet you'd be singing a different tune if you logged in tomorrow and you couldn't play because vader killed you if you tried to move.

There are other threads for this if you really wanna start in with the anti-jedi posts. Let's not do that here.

SinCreator
10-29-2009, 08:00 PM
There are other threads for this if you really wanna start in with the anti-jedi posts. Let's not do that here.

That. Much appreciated thread! I had wondered what all had changed... or that is to say, what all were intentional changes :P

vformrh
10-29-2009, 08:15 PM
Cool.. thanks SWGEmu gang! :)

Max
10-30-2009, 01:42 AM
Turns out the Auto-Restarter doesn't work for deadlocks.

Train hard, auto-restarter must.

Colt-556
10-30-2009, 01:59 AM
I said the auto-restarter wouldn't work for deadlocks on another thread. As I said there, an auto-restarter isn't some sentient-AI, it simply reboots the server when it crashes. But if my understanding of deadlocks is correct, a deadlock doesn't technically crash the server, that is, make it go offline. There's nothing for the auto-restarter to restart, cuz it's still online. Just nothing can be done with it.

Raavin
10-30-2009, 02:04 AM
Thanks EMU!!!!!!!!!!
Eaon was here.

Ekaika
10-30-2009, 02:08 AM
I said the auto-restarter wouldn't work for deadlocks on another thread. As I said there, an auto-restarter isn't some sentient-AI, it simply reboots the server when it crashes. But if my understanding of deadlocks is correct, a deadlock doesn't technically crash the server, that is, make it go offline. There's nothing for the auto-restarter to restart, cuz it's still online. Just nothing can be done with it.

Not exactly, but close. Offline says the server is down. A deadlock situation means the server is quite alive, however standing facing itself in a showdown waiting for one or the other to draw first, if you get my meaning.

Franknol
10-30-2009, 02:15 AM
Awww only jedi stuff...

Vlock
10-30-2009, 02:21 AM
i like to auto server restart. even though it doesnt work on a deadlock, it still helps for when the server does go down.

now that boba has been tweaked maybe I will attempt an unlock after all lol.

Colt-556
10-30-2009, 03:12 AM
Not exactly, but close. Offline says the server is down. A deadlock situation means the server is quite alive, however standing facing itself in a showdown waiting for one or the other to draw first, if you get my meaning.

Isn't that exactly what I said :(

Ekaika
10-30-2009, 03:29 AM
It is. It says that no, it doesn't solve a deadlock at this time.

My analogy, while lame, tried to illustrate the stand off, which would correctly characterize this situation.

Colt-556
10-30-2009, 03:34 AM
It is. It says that no, it doesn't solve a deadlock at this time.

My analogy, while lame, tried to illustrate the stand off, which would correctly characterize this situation.

Yus, in the end the fact remains, while the auto-restarter will be a life saver a lot of the time, when it comes to deadlocks, we're still stuck with flesh and blood having to restart the server.

Sagetim
10-31-2009, 11:48 AM
Yus, in the end the fact remains, while the auto-restarter will be a life saver a lot of the time, when it comes to deadlocks, we're still stuck with flesh and blood having to restart the server.

Two questions about getting around deadlocks: if the server is set to restart every few hours, and the server gets deadlocked, would it still restart after that many hours? If so, then having server restarts also happen on a timer could at least mitigate some of the deadlocks, such as ones that happen when no one is available to help.

Question the Second: Is it possible to tell the server to restart if no one logs on or off for a particular period of time? For example, if no one is logging on or off for an hour or more, I would assume that the server has deadlocked and needs a restart. Though, again I'm not particularly well versed with how exactly a deadlock works. As far as I know, both of these ideas would suffer from the same problem that the deadlock causes, that being that the server just kind of stops.

Question the Third: because all good things come in trios. Is it possible to implement a small little program that would monitor the server program and shut it down then restart it if the server program freezes/deadlocks?

Diabloblondie
01-13-2010, 07:58 AM
MY alt was Killed by Bobba and it's not a a JEDI any clues?