PDA

View Full Version : [Update] Jan 20th, 2010: Vehicles on TC

learningdisease
01-20-2010, 11:22 AM
Hello everyone.

To test the functionality of the code used for vehicles, Swoop, Speederbike, and X34 Landspeeder schematics have been implemented for Master Artisans.

The repair option has NOT been implemented, nor have Vehicle Garages. Also, all the schematics require the full amount of resources to craft each one. Datapad items cannot be traded, so to trade any vehicle it must be in deed form.

Please report any issues you have with these new additions in this thread, and be as thorough as possible in your description of the events (HP of the speeder, resources used, were you being attacked, were you in combat/TEFd, etc...)

Thank you all for your continued support and enjoy your swift travels across the galaxy.

Audune
01-20-2010, 11:24 AM
Vroom!

Kellina
01-20-2010, 11:27 AM
Awesome!

Corvin Rok
01-20-2010, 11:29 AM
yippee...

odwill
01-20-2010, 11:30 AM
Kell, lets race!

Dame
01-20-2010, 11:31 AM
Beep beep out of the way!

DirTek
01-20-2010, 11:36 AM
Whoooo!! :D

Thanks a lot for this. Too bad I still have a long way until Master Artisan but maybe I'll manage to buy a deed for one :D

Thank you for the great work SWGEmu team =D

r2d2arm
01-20-2010, 11:40 AM
Master Artisan is not hard at all to get. I hope to test out some vehicles later today, very exciting to see this in the game!

Ashur
01-20-2010, 11:46 AM
so what happens if a vehicle breaks? do we have to craft a new one?

Bhall
01-20-2010, 11:54 AM
Are the 2 seat cars going to go back to being 2 people usable at any time btw? not asking an eta just a confirmation either way :)

Ashur
01-20-2010, 11:55 AM
Are the 2 seat cars going to go back to being 2 people usable at any time btw? not asking an eta just a confirmation either way :)

those werent part of pre-cu as i can remember, so you shouldnt expect them in anytime soon

Dame
01-20-2010, 11:56 AM
so what happens if a vehicle breaks? do we have to craft a new one?

Yes.

Ashur
01-20-2010, 12:01 PM
Yes.

thank you. they only seem to lose hp when they are stored/pulled tho.

Vlada
01-20-2010, 12:03 PM
Oh well, there go my good looks. Its back to being fat again. :(

stephenbarney
01-20-2010, 12:13 PM
It looks like they may blow up crossing a server boundary be careful driving in and out of cities dismount and store first once i mine more resource and can make a bunch of these ill test this out properly and tell you all the resource stats etc

mike91012
01-20-2010, 12:22 PM
Well one issue I found after driving my new AWESOME Swoop was that If you are on LEAVE of one faction then other faction can still attack your Vehicle. So be careful everyone. My bike lasted all of 5min... and yes I cant repair it yet =[.

Oh yes also. Before I was lucky enough to loose my Swoop to my imperial buddies I found a possible second bug with the bikes. When you are driving along nothing around you spawns unless you dismount. I was driving around searching for a creature but nothing was there (it seemed). So I stayed idle waiting for something to spawn (I was still on my swoop) but nothing was there. So I dismounted and 3 nests instantly showed up. So I repeated the process not 400m later, and sure enough they only spawn when you dismount. I did this 4 total times before the imperials took out my bike. So possible bug. Hope I helped.

malruck
01-20-2010, 01:34 PM
I'am so happy that I maybe cry!!!!

EVILJUDE
01-20-2010, 01:49 PM
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo

ss3j
01-20-2010, 01:50 PM
To my fellow Rangers, yet another reason mobs will ignore us and yet something else to make us faster :) *cries a bit* as for little bugs i've only noticed a couple minor graphical glitches and an occasional rubber band that i haven't noticed elsewhere, nothing major though, and as was previously brought up things tend not to spawn if you're moving, but then again that could just be going through a dead part of the planet.

Moar Jedis to come

Peace out yall

Dark Mandalore
01-20-2010, 02:09 PM
Nice.

Already got one for ya.

Faction NPCs will attack your ride even if you are off duty. Had it happen earlier today with a random spawn in rebel spec force somethin or other. Not fun to pay 20k, drive less than 1 kilometer, and get your ride destroyed because a random npc had to spawn in front of you. Escpecially when it cost your last 20k to get the speeder.

Vlock
01-20-2010, 02:14 PM
all I can say is thank the f** christ for that.

Krell04
01-20-2010, 02:30 PM
Awesome..

Mirael
01-20-2010, 02:36 PM
Zoom zoom ! :D

pgsparky
01-20-2010, 02:38 PM
Omg!!! Who sold you speeder ONLY FOR 20K!?!?!?! O_O

g0b0ts
01-20-2010, 02:38 PM
Zoom zoom and Boom boom! Be careful with those new vehicles. Remember they are for testing and may possibly blow up without warning :P

g0b0ts
01-20-2010, 02:39 PM
Omg!!! Who sold you speeder ONLY FOR 20K!?!?!?! O_O

Thats what I got my swoop for off the Bazaar.

roodypooh
01-20-2010, 02:39 PM
to bad the decay rate is horrid crafted a swoop in all highend stuff got 2800 health and just left it out to check decay rate. after 15mins of being out was almost half health......precu you could leave it out half the day and not have to worry about that much decay.

roodypooh
01-20-2010, 02:42 PM
Zoom zoom and Boom boom! Be careful with those new vehicles. Remember they are for testing and may possibly blow up without warning :P

had that happen with a few peeps. just pull it out no npcs around for faction creature etc and still go BOOM

g0b0ts
01-20-2010, 02:46 PM
now that I have one, i'm scared to pull it out as I spend all my money on training skills lol

malruck
01-20-2010, 04:12 PM
Somebody know when the garages its gonna be able??,

masterbexi
01-20-2010, 04:54 PM
/muchlove

malruck
01-20-2010, 04:57 PM
are*

Kayliaah
01-20-2010, 05:23 PM
Win.

Now if only we could customize them. :p

Krimian
01-20-2010, 05:46 PM
Win.

Now now, Don't ask for everything at once, Be happy with what you got :)

Kayliaah
01-20-2010, 05:55 PM
Now now, Don't ask for everything at once, Be happy with what you got :)

I know I know I'm trying.

Labyrinth
01-20-2010, 06:13 PM
SHINY!

*forgets about everything else in-game*

Emerzon
01-20-2010, 06:35 PM
Oh well, there go my good looks. Its back to being fat again. :(

:D

Im excited to help test out the vehicles!

loftkilla
01-20-2010, 06:48 PM
Woooo! got my swoop! Finished a rumor, and got Elders for my next rumor...Wooo!

so, schematics, eh? does this mean the OR is just around the corner?

nazoreen
01-20-2010, 07:12 PM
HP of the speeder

Sorry, but what is it ???

Kayliaah
01-20-2010, 07:17 PM
Sorry, but what is it ???

"Health Points"

r2d2arm
01-20-2010, 07:52 PM
Win.

By that comment, I'm assuming the vehicle customization kit does not work or cannot be made? I was considering trying it out, but needed novice droid engineer for one subcomponent. I can confirm that mostly no mobs spawned while on my swoop, but a few of the bigger ones on talus did show up on my radar. It could be possible that if someone is in the area the mobs could show up while riding.

replayvx9
01-20-2010, 08:18 PM
finally no more walkinggg

Griegory
01-20-2010, 08:27 PM
the Terrain neg is off for players who have no scout back ground. It still thinks your walking when going up hills,and this should not effect the speed of swoop/speederbike.

The long travel buff also aids the bike speed. But much ♥ for bringing bikes back :)

And for being them added back in for testing. the prices are outrageous.. wait until live for asking 20k or more

manslayer465
01-20-2010, 08:39 PM
everytime you store your bike it loses 25 hp.

Kayliaah
01-20-2010, 08:58 PM
By that comment, I'm assuming the vehicle customization kit does not work or cannot be made? I was considering trying it out, but needed novice droid engineer for one subcomponent.

Nope, can't be made.
I tried a while back when (almost) full crafting was implemented, first thing I tried was to make a vehicle customization kit, looked for the components and got pwned by DE. :(

Khaos
01-20-2010, 09:39 PM
Ahh vehicles, how I've missed thee.

mrtippy4431
01-21-2010, 12:24 AM
Spectacular. Thank you SWGEMU devs.

Semper Fidelis.

malruck
01-21-2010, 12:49 AM
Every time you call your vehicle automatically hits almost 20 or 25 hp, so watch it players, and use only for the necesary. I hope the garage open soon for fix this little problem. Ecept for this, its excellent the upgrade of the vehicles

furryrodian
01-21-2010, 01:47 AM
Not sure if it was just tonight, but it's been awfully laggy, inparticular when I am near others vehicles, but not my own however.

Amlethus
01-21-2010, 04:59 AM
Awesome! Hope we see mounts sometime soon as well!

crashash
01-21-2010, 07:18 AM
it lasted 4 missions in coronet then blew up while i was riding it wasnt getting attacked when i was riding it but still took damage

cocrl2
01-21-2010, 08:01 AM
nothing like being chased down by a MBH and tefed while he is on his bike as your using FR2 to get away

Tecar
01-21-2010, 08:48 AM
Thank you for the vehicles!!! Decay rate is just way to fast. I think they are bugged thou, had one vehicle destroy itself within 1 min, just sitting there, while another one lasted 2 hours and it had less hp...

BazzaSmith
01-21-2010, 08:53 AM
Nice.

Already got one for ya.

Faction NPCs will attack your ride even if you are off duty. Had it happen earlier today with a random spawn in rebel spec force somethin or other. Not fun to pay 20k, drive less than 1 kilometer, and get your ride destroyed because a random npc had to spawn in front of you. Escpecially when it cost your last 20k to get the speeder.

That actually happened back on live when vehicles first came in, meant you had to pay more attention while you were driving... and was probably the largest reason for my vehicles needing repair, you could also destroy the bikes of players of the opposing faction if they were on leave and you were overt as well, as the bikes seemed to be perma-overt. [Although it's possible that's just what I remember from SOE's vehicle launch, and they fixed it before Vanilla]

DangerMouse
01-22-2010, 03:04 AM
Likes This!

BladeSpinner
01-22-2010, 06:25 AM
Aww my first attempt blew up 2 yards from its first start point lool~!

BladeSpinner
01-22-2010, 06:27 AM
so we will all have to drop faction to ride a swoop ? ... I guess i will resign today lol

BountyKillah
01-22-2010, 01:01 PM
im imperial but when i'm on leave the rebelds (npc) atack my swoop why?????

hakry
01-22-2010, 01:37 PM
Hello everyone.

Datapad items cannot be traded, so to trade any vehicle it must be in deed form.

Well I hate to burst their bubble but I traded a speederbike that was in my datapad from one character to another........

mujadaddy
01-22-2010, 02:21 PM
Awesome! Hope we see mounts sometime soon as well!
Quoted for Redundancy

I miss my bantha :(

Ralexand
01-22-2010, 09:22 PM
I just noticed it ... that's a huge step, HUGE STEP! :D

DarKenigma
01-23-2010, 11:05 PM

those werent part of pre-cu as i can remember, so you shouldnt expect them in anytime soon

AV-21's were for sure, not too sure about the landspeeders, but I think they were as well

badboy09
01-23-2010, 11:30 PM
to bad the decay rate is horrid crafted a swoop in all highend stuff got 2800 health and just left it out to check decay rate. after 15mins of being out was almost half health......precu you could leave it out half the day and not have to worry about that much decay.

In Pre CU you could have a bike with low health keep it out get a shuttle to another planet and then call it and it would have full health again, the good old days!

Kayliaah
01-24-2010, 03:54 AM
AV-21's were for sure, not too sure about the landspeeders, but I think they were as well

It's simple.

PreCU = Swoop, Speederbike, X34 Landspeeder (X31?), AV21 Landspeeder (Corvette stuff I think), Flash Speeder (with JTL I think).

Now we need more vehicles, but it's most likely just a dream.
We still have client side mods though... but it's not the same.

corthreat
01-24-2010, 04:45 PM
Bugreport:
At one time, the swoop got stuck and it would not move anymore. Calling/Re-calling would help, nor a logout. I had to wait for a shutdown until it got fixed.
Unfortunately, I do not know how to reproduce it.

Eladi
01-28-2010, 01:20 PM
It's simple.

PreCU = Swoop, Speederbike, X34 Landspeeder (X31?), AV21 Landspeeder (Corvette stuff I think), Flash Speeder (with JTL I think).

Now we need more vehicles, but it's most likely just a dream.
We still have client side mods though... but it's not the same.

The X31 was a free bike you got during pre/cu (not sure what publish it started) the x34 was the crafted version of the bike, a little bit faster then the x31.

The x31 was a one person bike ( asfar i remeber) the x34 always bin a two person bike.

av21 also was a multi person (two) bike but rare and expencive , just below the jetpack on the hard to get list.

kokeee
01-28-2010, 11:03 PM
My Speeder is broken T_T

Kayliaah
01-29-2010, 12:30 PM
The X31 was a free bike you got during pre/cu (not sure what publish it started) the x34 was the crafted version of the bike, a little bit faster then the x31.

The x31 was a one person bike ( asfar i remeber) the x34 always bin a two person bike.

av21 also was a multi person (two) bike but rare and expencive , just below the jetpack on the hard to get list.

Oh I see.
But multi person vehicles or not, in PreCU it doesn't matter sadly...

Kobreti
01-30-2010, 05:49 PM
Can someone please explain to me how to make Vehicles?
Im Master Artisan and really dont know how to make them :(
I can only make vehicle customization kit in Weapon, Droid and General Item Crafting Tool but dont know how to make deed for vehicles
Thanks

Labyrinth
01-30-2010, 05:52 PM
Can someone please explain to me how to make Vehicles?
Im Master Artisan and really dont know how to make them :(
I can only make vehicle customization kit in Weapon, Droid and General Item Crafting Tool but dont know how to make deed for vehicles
Thanks
Make sure you're near a crafting station that coincides with your tool (in this case, a "Weapon, Droid, and General Item crafting station").

Some schematics don't appear in your craftable items unless you've done so.

Kobreti
01-30-2010, 05:57 PM
Thank you very much for your help!
Im new in this and never played some crafting prof.
Thanks again! :)

g0b0ts
01-31-2010, 03:16 AM
It's always fun to get all the items you need for crafting, then run all the way to a station... and THEN realize you forgot something.

nazoreen
01-31-2010, 02:23 PM
Now I'm awaiting the new biweekly update news !

I hope very good news !

Zaff
02-01-2010, 09:38 AM
I noticed that my first deed I opened was losing health every few feet. I put it away and accidentally opened a new one the next day. The second one acted normal in that respect.

The first one my wife opened started decaying as soon as she took off as well. I traded my second one to her and decay was normal. I opened another deed for myself and it worked normal.

Last night, I started to trade the only one in my data pad to my wife's alt and opened another deed before completing the trade. Upon completing the trade, I took off on the new one and it started the insta-decay routine as well. So I opened yet another deed, and it worked fine. Although I came back to MO after missions and stopped in front of the mission terminal sitting on the bike. Then it started dropping hit points until it was stored. My wife did not have the same problem. I opened it after running outside of MO and decay was normal again. So I stored it while still moving when I returned from missions. There was no decay while parked out and about on the planet.

I am going to keep a dead speeder on each toon to see if it is just the first one in the datapad that is having serious decay problems. I will also be trading ones that start decaying rapidly to see if the bug is dropped in the transfer. When I traded my original speeder to my wife with a dead one in her datapad it worked without incidence for her.

Render
02-04-2010, 04:43 PM
Bugreport:
At one time, the swoop got stuck and it would not move anymore. Calling/Re-calling would help, nor a logout. I had to wait for a shutdown until it got fixed.
Unfortunately, I do not know how to reproduce it.

Exactly the same happened to me just a few minutes ago, and i recall after i called the swoop in coronet i drove to the cantina healing my BF, getting missions, grouped and stuck :|

/logout wont help so i will wait for a server reastart :)

Mcurt
02-10-2010, 07:42 PM
Is the AV-21 available? If yes i might wanna start doing corvette runs lol

Avi
02-23-2010, 02:49 AM
Hopefully the right thread to post this in
I notice a decrease in framerate, an easy 75% drop when bringing out a speederbike (not swoop) After messing with graphics options a bit i noticed turning off stationary object shadows, removing the speeders, brought the fps back.

I will submit this as a bug in the near future, just wondering if its known, and providing a solution for others. :lightsaber:

killyourfeet
03-02-2010, 11:58 PM
this is by no means the fault of the staff or a problem/bug with the code(atleast i dont think it is) so i hesitated to even mention it at all, but i was reading this thread anyway so i thought i might report a problem i had..

i went to craft a swoop for a fellow player and i had the materials in both slots (ferrous and nonferrous metals) when my connection dropped out. i logged back in to find that i had neither the materials nor a swoop. i have bounced back since then and im not really worried about it. i just thought i might report a potential problem other players might have.. (with crafting in general?)

Kirktitude
03-04-2010, 04:05 AM
Last night I decided to buy my very first speeder. I saw an X34 with 2800 health for 12k, and bought that instead of a swoop with less hp. It worked perfectly for the first two missions I did. Then going out for the next missions, the controls were weird. I couldn't auto-run with it, it listed around, and acted as if it did not know where the ground was at times. After those missions were completed I went back to town to get new ones. Upon leaving town, my X34 just sat there. I couldn't get it to do anything but turn. Disconnecting and reconnecting, putting it away and recalling it, nothing works. I feel disappointed that the very first vehicle I bought in the game got messed up.

Any idea when the next server restart is gonna be? Since some people think that will fix it.

fredfurynwi
04-28-2010, 09:26 AM
hello :)

i notice this :

- when you are in a vehicule, the mob don't appear, whatever you stop driving and whait for the pop, it's don't append.
-Now you dismount, the mobs appear instantly.

I think it"s like a war fog on rts, you must discover to pop the mobs, while you drive a vehicule i think that war fog like don't work.

Just try this in game and do your opignon.

Ps: sorry for my bad english. :)

Vlada
04-28-2010, 09:34 AM
hello :)

i notice this :

- when you are in a vehicule, the mob don't appear, whatever you stop driving and whait for the pop, it's don't append.
-Now you dismount, the mobs appear instantly.

I think it"s like a war fog on rts, you must discover to pop the mobs, while you drive a vehicule i think that war fog like don't work.

Just try this in game and do your opignon.

Ps: sorry for my bad english. :)

Yes, that is basically how it works, you have to get of your bike if you want MOB's to start spawning.

P.S. Dont worry, your English is fine.