PDA

View Full Version : Forum Account Rollback 09/15/10

Max
09-15-2010, 08:52 AM
Good morning everyone,

Around 7am EST on Wednesday 15th September, a database error occured which culminated in the loss of all forum accounts. As a result, we have had to roll back all user accounts to their state on June 4th 2010. No other areas / functions have been disrupted - all posts, threads, PMs etc are as they were when you last saw them.

You will be unable to log in if you registered your account after June 4th 2010. Unfortunately you will need to register a new one. Please note that any posts you have made on your previous account will still exist, they will simply come up as from a guest account under your name.

If you registered BEFORE June 4th 2010 and are still having trouble logging in, it is likely that you have changed your password since then. Try using your password from June if you remember it, or use the “Forgot my password” function. If you are still unable to login using your old email / password, please contact us through the support@swgemu.com email and we will get you a new password (or do our best to help you out!)

We’re extremely sorry about any harm that has been done. It was unforeseeable, and to combat this in the future, we will be significantly stepping up our server backups to (at least) weekly cycles.

Kind regards, and sincere apologies

Vlada
09-15-2010, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the heads-up. :)

firsttolastt
09-15-2010, 11:11 AM
Any idea when this will be fixed?

Max
09-15-2010, 11:32 AM
Updated. Please read carefully.

firsttolastt
09-15-2010, 11:40 AM
Good morning everyone,

Around 7am EST on Wednesday 15th September, a database error occured which culminated in the loss of all forum accounts. As a result, we have had to roll back all user accounts to their state on June 4th 2010. No other areas / functions have been disrupted - all posts, threads, PMs etc are as they were when you last saw them.

You will be unable to log in if you registered your account after June 4th 2010. Unfortunately you will need to register a new one. Please note that any posts you have made on your previous account will still exist, they will simply come up as from a guest account under your name.

If you registered BEFORE June 4th 2010 and are still having trouble logging in, it is likely that you have changed your password since then. Try using your password from June if you remember it, or use the “Forgot my password” function. If you are still unable to login using your old email / password, please contact us through the support@swgemu.com email and we will get you a new password (or do our best to help you out!)

We’re extremely sorry about any harm that has been done. It was unforeseeable, and to combat this in the future, we will be significantly stepping up our server backups to (at least) weekly cycles.

Are you telling me my toons and items are gone for good?

Lobreeze
09-15-2010, 11:49 AM

Even if they are its getting wiped soon anyway.

badboy09
09-15-2010, 11:50 AM

if they arent now they will be in the matter of days/weeks.

firsttolastt
09-15-2010, 12:04 PM
For the people who have and the people who are going to post about the wipe.

The wipe has no date. Even if it is a week from now id still like to do some BHing till then. Just because the wipe is "Soon" Which it dosint seem to be soon. Who is to say i or anyone else cant enjoy the play time till then. Why are people so quick to go OMG QQ who cares the wipe is soon. You can still play and enjoy it until then.

Lobreeze
09-15-2010, 12:08 PM
This is a test centre, you shouldn't get too attached to your toons. You can still log in and enjoy, but database persistence is no guarantee on, you guessed it, a test centre.

firsttolastt
09-15-2010, 12:15 PM
This is a test centre, you shouldn't get too attached to your toons. You can still log in and enjoy, but database persistence is no guarantee on, you guessed it, a test centre.

Im sorry where did you get that im attached or that i was unaware of how the test center works? I simple asked for a more stright forward answer as the one given didint clearly state if the account/toons were or were not recoverable. So yes i know how a test center works and im not upset or blaming anyone if this is the case. So please learn to read before you flame.

Z Ray
09-15-2010, 12:18 PM
I would write something to the effect of what lobreeze said but then I realized I have said it like one million times.

kaelvin
09-15-2010, 12:30 PM

you need to re read O(riginal)P(ost).
this is a FORUM account rollback.
the server for the website and the server for the test center are NOT the same.

Shoryuu
09-15-2010, 12:31 PM
And i would tell you to read my reply to him/her. Dont worrie. Logic is hard for most people. You are not alone with the inability to use basic common sense and logic.

You will be unable to log in if you registered your account after June 4th 2010. Unfortunately you will need to register a new one.

Theres your answer in case you didn't bother reading the post. You dont need clarification with the following post above.

kaelvin
09-15-2010, 12:33 PM
i give up Lobreeze is right.

Vlada
09-15-2010, 12:34 PM
Just register with you old user names and hope that what happened wont affect NOVA, forums were not affected, all threads and posts are still here.

I'm probably giving you false hope, but its worth a try.

Aslad
09-15-2010, 12:59 PM
Does this mean PimpC is gone? HALELUJIAH!!!

andaran
09-15-2010, 01:18 PM
resetted my password.
logged half an hour ago in the game and everthing was ok.

nitan
09-15-2010, 02:09 PM
resetted my password.
logged half an hour ago in the game and everthing was ok.

Well can't do that atm.. :)

Sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator.

My friends tryed to redo their accounts, sadly they lost them, yet they know its a test server, its abit sad for the moment that they nearly done their template for testing, so they were ready what they would go when wipe came along :)

cK`
09-15-2010, 03:31 PM

I liked him.

Vlada
09-15-2010, 03:44 PM

Nope...

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72627

Kierra
09-15-2010, 04:36 PM
Does anyone know when the accounts that are newer will be able be recreated/retrieved? My husband made his account August 15th and he is looking for the "create acct" thingie and it's disabled. I need him to be able to log on, so he can farm for a NS bicep for me! lol ;)

BountyKillah
09-15-2010, 05:07 PM
great my 3 best weapons disappear snif snif :\

dedaskalion
09-15-2010, 05:47 PM
Oh my, this is terrible.

cK`
09-15-2010, 06:02 PM
Oh my, this is terrible.

hahaha.

Aslad
09-15-2010, 06:07 PM
Nope...

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72627

Yeah just saw that Vlada. What a shame. Back and with a vengance it would seem.

felicity
09-15-2010, 06:46 PM
It appears new registration is locked, how do people create accounts if they are newer than June 4th?

emeecai
09-15-2010, 06:53 PM
would this be why my nav bar says i have 2 unread notifications(pm's) but my inbox says i have nothing when i go to it?

Vlada
09-15-2010, 06:54 PM
It appears new registration is locked, how do people create accounts if they are newer than June 4th?

They don't, they need to wait i think.

Max
09-15-2010, 06:54 PM
Registration has now been re-enabled.

felicity
09-15-2010, 06:57 PM
He cleared cookies, but it still says disabled. /sadpanda

felicity
09-15-2010, 07:08 PM
now it's working, thank you for saving me from emoHusband(tm) :)

xosso
09-15-2010, 07:20 PM
I had to reset my pw to get back on forums, but when i enter my name/pw to log onto nova im getting "banned for 0 days 0 hours 0 minutes"

usranger
09-15-2010, 10:43 PM
Ya im having the same problem with my little brothers account

yuri1572
09-16-2010, 08:48 AM
This happened again this morning. Had to re-register.

Kyrios
09-16-2010, 02:44 PM
Around 7am EST on Wednesday 15th September, a database error occured which culminated in the loss of all forum accounts.

...roll back all user accounts to their state on June 4th 2010.

I wonder about regulary database backups.
To backups just every quarter seems...."unnatural"... :emperor:

forgottensun
09-16-2010, 04:52 PM
Since forum & in-game bans are linked, does this mean that all the people who were banned in the past 3 months are now unbanned?

Dracaris
09-16-2010, 04:56 PM
Since forum & in-game bans are linked, does this mean that all the people who were banned in the past 3 months are now unbanned?

Yes.

dedaskalion
09-16-2010, 05:06 PM
Yes. I'm still getting a banned message when I try to login to the login server.

Kayliaah
09-16-2010, 05:08 PM

QFE.

Oh wait.

psimi
09-17-2010, 12:23 PM
In NOVA all accs are working
ty for notice

studrandbo
09-17-2010, 08:38 PM
i had to re register twice, but everything is ok. all of my characters are there on nova.

rasec
09-17-2010, 08:52 PM
Hi,

My character (loboso) was wiped. I'm not sure if my re-registering is going to appear as multiple accounts.

Just in case.

lenco12
09-17-2010, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the heads-up. :)

Vlada
09-18-2010, 04:13 AM

It is "fixed", well as fixed as its going to be until they archive the whole thing and we register on new forum.

GammerTag
09-18-2010, 05:27 AM
Good morning everyone,

Is it Possible to put this on a page accessable to people that lost their account. I spent the last 3 days worried that I was baned for some unknown reason. I am sure others might have the same problem.

Vlada
09-18-2010, 05:34 AM
Is it Possible to put this on a page accessable to people that lost their account. I spent the last 3 days worried that I was baned for some unknown reason. I am sure others might have the same problem.

It is accessible, you can see the "Community News" section even if you dont have an account.

GammerTag
09-19-2010, 04:37 AM
It is accessible, you can see the "Community News" section even if you dont have an account.

No doubt bro, all I ment by that post is to have a special section on the front page. atleast for a few weeks. I would hate to see some of the community leave just because they didn't happen to check the right forum. When it happened to me I emailed community@swgemu.com and still no responce. I just happend to be at a buddies house and made an account for him. I just happened to come across this thread while I was checking on the OR status.

Its just a shame that I happened to lose my MDancer/MMusician buffbot, weapon/clothing/tapes for different characters that poof is just gone.

Vlada
09-19-2010, 04:51 AM
No doubt bro, all I ment by that post is to have a special section on the front page. atleast for a few weeks. I would hate to see some of the community leave just because they didn't happen to check the right forum. When it happened to me I emailed community@swgemu.com and still no responce. I just happend to be at a buddies house and made an account for him. I just happened to come across this thread while I was checking on the OR status.

Its just a shame that I happened to lose my MDancer/MMusician buffbot, weapon/clothing/tapes for different characters that poof is just gone.

I doubt anyone is going to bother with that.

NOVA will be wiped soon, we are moving to new forums, and we will be registering again. No point in adding something to a front page that is was even disabled for a while because it was outdated (i have no idea why they enabled it again).

I understand where you are coming form, but its just not worth the trouble.

pgsparky
09-19-2010, 09:56 AM

Lmao i started school on 15th. :D

Bostwain
09-19-2010, 10:36 AM
I can't wait until the new forums and I'll once again be even with vlada... (Even though I was never really even with him to begin with, other than unlocking before him and having 75 badges before him, oh wait he doesnt have that. OH YEAH!)

GammerTag
09-19-2010, 03:45 PM
I doubt anyone is going to bother with that.

NOVA will be wiped soon, we are moving to new forums, and we will be registering again. No point in adding something to a front page that is was even disabled for a while because it was outdated (i have no idea why they enabled it again).

I understand where you are coming form, but its just not worth the trouble.

I have been away from the end of august thinking the OR was coming at the beginning of September and haven't been keeping up with the forums. Has there been a new update thread.

You said that we are moving to a new forum and have to create new accounts. Alittle comfused...we won't be coming to SWGEMU.COM anymore after OR or are they just going to be wiping the slate clean on here and remaking the website?

Labyrinth
09-19-2010, 03:52 PM
I have been away from the end of august thinking the OR was coming at the beginning of September and haven't been keeping up with the forums. Has there been a new update thread.

You said that we are moving to a new forum and have to create new accounts. Alittle comfused...we won't be coming to SWGEMU.COM anymore after OR or are they just going to be wiping the slate clean on here and remaking the website?
My guess (emphasis on it being a guess, as I don't know the staff's "plan") is that there will be some forum downtime when they switch over, but the domain will ultimately be the same. In other words, same domain, new software.

Vlada
09-19-2010, 03:53 PM

They will be upgrading from vBulletin 3.8.3 (this forum) to vBulletin 4.0.6, these forums will be archived and....

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72424
http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72455

Wiping the Slate Clean

The new account management system and new forum software means a complete reset on your accounts. The new registration page will check the old forum database for names and passwords so your unique name will be reserved just for you, but you can also choose a new name if you wish.

For the community, there is also an unexpected benefit from our infrastructure upgrade. We will not be transferring any of the bans or infractions to the new forums or IRC server. This means that everyone gets a final chance to start fresh in being a valuable contributor to help us bring back the game that was taken away. This will be the last time we wipe our infractions before the eventual release of 1.0 and your infractions and bans may carry over to SunCrusher.

daviddwilson
10-05-2010, 11:35 PM
Even if they are its getting wiped soon anyway.

nikole.957
12-27-2010, 09:24 AM

The wipe has no date. Even if it is a week from now id still like to do some BHing till then. Just because the wipe is "Soon" Which it dosint seem to be soon. Who is to say i or anyone else cant enjoy the play time till then. Why are people so quick to go OMG QQ who cares the wipe is soon. You can still play and enjoy it until then.

Dngrzne91
12-27-2010, 10:17 AM

???

JaceBon
12-27-2010, 10:57 AM
Okay lets worry about rolling back forum accounts, and not progressing on the server!

Quaker
12-27-2010, 11:44 AM

Let me shed some light on your post. everything you said.. happened 3 months ago. and though its great you are participating in the community....this thread was dead, and it is NOW irrelevant.

And that is why i posted to it too...

http://image.ocdsoft.com/images/b1vs8gz5n9tj24iym3b.jpg

kaelvin
12-27-2010, 01:26 PM

orly?

Windowjunk
12-27-2010, 01:50 PM
Haha, almost thought we did have one when I saw [New], whew!

madman158
12-27-2010, 11:45 PM
OMG and i thought Dame was slow this takes the cake.

p.s. j/k dame

TAfirehawk
12-28-2010, 12:31 AM
Old news, needs no further posting.