PDA

View Full Version : TC:Nova Wipe 10/14/2010

Dame
10-14-2010, 05:35 PM
TC:Nova Wipe 10/14/2010
Communications Department

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/5961/swgemutcupdateheaderv2.png (http://www.swgemu.com)

TC:Nova Wipe 10/14/2010

At approximately 5:30 PM EST, TC:Nova was wiped of the following items:

All Characters
All Inventories
All Structures & Cities
All Auctions & Banks
All Datapad Items
All Resource Spawns
We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and hope you understand this is a necessary step as the project progresses. More details to come.

As always, please report any bugs you find at www.swgemu.com/bugs and enjoy testing the new items!

-- The SWGEmu Team

Vlada
10-14-2010, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the heads up Dame.

Oneon
10-14-2010, 05:59 PM
I'm really glad this wipe came as soon as it did, cause I swear if I saw another Tigerrrrr city I was gonna scream.

Here's hoping it doesn't happen again.

fatboyslimerr
10-14-2010, 06:00 PM
I love progress as much as the next lizard but any chance we could get a decent amount of resources spawned?
Thanks and good job!

Shoryuu
10-14-2010, 06:09 PM
I love progress as much as the next lizard but any chance we could get a decent amount of resources spawned?
Thanks and good job!

aye, a lot of resources were removed from the crate

Arulius
10-14-2010, 06:10 PM
With every wipe....one step closer...=)

Ama-Ebi
10-14-2010, 06:32 PM
With every wipe....one step closer...=)

Yep :)

Glad to see the wipe since our player city was causing everyone who got near it to crash to desktop.

Thanks to everyone working on the project. Your hours and efforts are greatly appreciated.

JackAttack
10-14-2010, 06:38 PM
thanks for the heads up and all your efforts!

Jak13
10-14-2010, 07:55 PM
Indeed those tiger cities were a wrong exploit totally against the rules... what a lack of respect...

Colt-556
10-14-2010, 08:04 PM
What was wrong with the tiger cities? I thought the whole point was to spam cities and all their functions in order to break them. I don't remember seeing anything saying they had to conform to certain names.

Shoryuu
10-14-2010, 08:05 PM
What was wrong with the tiger cities? I thought the whole point was to spam cities and all their functions in order to break them. I don't remember seeing anything saying they had to conform to certain names.

... they were all cities with 1 building, city hall.

I dont mind a wipe every few days, test server!

Colt-556
10-14-2010, 08:20 PM
... they were all cities with 1 building, city hall.

I dont mind a wipe every few days, test server!

Even so, I thought the point was to test city stuff, pardons and bans and whatnot. If they didn't want cities founded by a single dude with a guild hall, they wouldn't have made it that way after all.

Rabidgerbil38
10-14-2010, 08:31 PM
Even so, I thought the point was to test city stuff, pardons and bans and whatnot. If they didn't want cities founded by a single dude with a guild hall, they wouldn't have made it that way after all.

You have to see that it doesn't really help testing out city's though, if someone just runs out planting city's and forgetting about em no data is collected on how all the finer details are working.

Jak13
10-14-2010, 08:37 PM
The server is still down it seems.

Tawa_Hoda
10-14-2010, 08:39 PM
Is the server up? I can't log on, it's says it's down on mine.

Vlada
10-14-2010, 08:45 PM
The server is still down it seems.

Is the server up? I can't log on, it's says it's down on mine.

IRC #status channel for correct server info.

http://caves.littleaton.com/status/status.php?f=evo

Rabidgerbil38
10-14-2010, 08:48 PM

I dono if its just my computer or browser, but these always say online when the server is actually down... best server check that works for me is LPE

Vlada
10-14-2010, 08:57 PM
I dono if its just my computer or browser, but these always say online when the server is actually down... best server check that works for me is LPE

Those cant detect deadlocks. That's why i recommended IRC. www.swgemu.org has the same problem.

Rabidgerbil38
10-14-2010, 10:44 PM
Those cant detect deadlocks. That's why i recommended IRC. www.swgemu.org has the same problem.

I see, good lookin out.

Omegataco
10-14-2010, 10:47 PM
Yum.

JackAttack
10-15-2010, 06:47 AM
seems that the server is still down. I couldn't get the webpage to load for quite a while either.

bowdry
10-15-2010, 06:49 AM
seems that the server is still down. I couldn't get the webpage to load for quite a while either.

Max was kind enough to restart the forums a few minutes ago :)
Check IRC's status channel to get updates on the TC.

Mecinia Lu-a
10-15-2010, 07:56 AM
Still down I believe guys.

Hopefully they fixing a few things before bringing it back online. I guess I have to recreate my city when I can :)

(Although I don't necessary agree with the tigerrr cities, they did help I suppose in testing limits on a planet to ensure there is one.....you could implement the decay if you don't reach or maintain rank 1 to eliminate it)

AtomicGecko
10-15-2010, 08:42 AM
MMMMMM, progress for breakfast :)

Thanks SWGEMU Team!

Lobreeze
10-15-2010, 11:50 AM
I thought the OR code was made Deadlock proof.

jacoblovingood
10-15-2010, 04:01 PM
Note: Asking about TC: Nova's Status is against the rules in somecases.
Just a warning,don't take it like Im reporting you :P

Im not a GM,So even I could ban you,I would give you a warning If I was allowed too.

cRush
10-15-2010, 04:20 PM
I thought the OR code was made Deadlock proof.

There hasn't been a single OR deadlock to my knowledge.

Supa
10-15-2010, 04:24 PM
Indeed, usually it's maintenance that requires the server to be shut down for a short time. Difference between a deadlock and the server being shut down is you won't be notified via the "Connection Lost" error that you normally see when the server is down if the server deadlocks.

Lobreeze
10-15-2010, 04:25 PM
Thats what I thought. Why are people still talking about deadlocks then?

Vlada
10-15-2010, 04:49 PM

These...

http://caves.littleaton.com/status/status.php?f=emu

Dont show the correct NOVA status during deadlocks, does it have anything to do with OR code? No.

I was simply trying to explain that they don't always show the correct server status and used a deadlock as an example. There are probably 2 or 3 other server issues that cause the same problem.

cRush
10-15-2010, 04:55 PM
It's either,
A) The server hasn't been down long enough yet for the status to update (30 seconds is default, but TA might have it set to more)
B) Those scripts suck.

Supa
10-15-2010, 05:02 PM
Because they're misinformed. :P

Lobreeze
10-15-2010, 05:05 PM
These...

http://caves.littleaton.com/status/status.php?f=emu

Dont show the correct NOVA status during deadlocks, does it have anything to do with OR code? No.

Well seeing as how deadlocks are directly related to the code, I don't see how what you said even makes sense. How can a deadlock possibly not have anything to do with the OR code.

Vlada
10-15-2010, 05:25 PM
Well seeing as how deadlocks are directly related to the code, I don't see how what you said even makes sense.

Seeing how i only used deadlock as an example it doesn't have to make sense. Its just one of the cases rhere those "things" show incorrect server status.

How can a deadlock possibly not have anything to do with the OR code.

Hmmm....

There hasn't been a single OR deadlock to my knowledge.

See, deadlocks not related to the OR code.

TNYankee626
10-15-2010, 06:02 PM
IS anyone having problems with the launchpad I try to log in, I get it where it starts loading me in and then it crashes to desktop, Ive uninstalled and reinstalled and no change....

Vlada
10-15-2010, 06:05 PM
IS anyone having problems with the launchpad I try to log in, I get it where it starts loading me in and then it crashes to desktop, Ive uninstalled and reinstalled and no change....

For support go to to IRC #swgemusupport channel or maybe Support (http://www.swgemu.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=137) section here on forums.

Lobreeze
10-15-2010, 06:08 PM
So, if deadlocks can't happen with the OR code, why on earth would you equate server status not updating to a deadlock?

And since when did examples stop having to makes sense? Isn't that the whole point? To make sense?

That will only going to cause confusion especially coming from someone with the title "SWGemu support helper"

Vlada
10-15-2010, 06:21 PM
So, if deadlocks can't happen with the OR code, why on earth would you equate server status not updating to a deadlock

Not server status, that "thing"

that shows server status. And deadlock is one of the things that causes it to show incorrect server status. Server status and what causes server status changes is one thing, thing that shows server status is a completely different thing.

And since when did examples stop having to makes sense? Isn't that the whole point? To make sense?

Because it was not directly related to the OR code or server status but to the "thing" that shows server status. For one it doesn't make sense and doesn't need to make sense because i wasn't talking about them, for other it makes perfect sense because it explains that the "thing" showing the server status can in some cases show incorrect server status, one of them being a deadlock.

That will only going to cause confusion especially coming from someone with the title "SWGemu support helper"

No, not really. It simple shows that if you want correct server status you need to go to IRC #status channel and that LPE, those "things" even www. swgemu.org can sometimes be wrong.

Simple enough for you? I can dumb it down more if necessary.

Lobreeze
10-15-2010, 06:34 PM
Not server status, that "thing"

that shows server status. And deadlock is one of the things that causes it to show incorrect server status. Server status and what causes server status changes is one thing, thing that shows server status is a completely different thing.

Because it was not directly related to the OR code or server status but to the "thing" that shows server status. For one it doesn't make sense and doesn't need to make sense because i wasn't talking about them, for other it makes perfect sense because it explains that the "thing" showing the server status can in some cases show incorrect server status, one of them being a deadlock.

No, not really. It simple shows that if you want correct server status you need to go to IRC #status channel and that LPE, those "things" even www. swgemu.org can sometimes be wrong.

Do you even know what you are saying?

How can that "thing" not update because of a deadlock if deadlocks no longer exist.

Why don't you just say "Server status thing isn't always accurate, use #status in IRC"

By saying that "thing" and swgemu.org

Those cant detect deadlocks.

is just stupid. Now anytime those don't update you're going to get people saying "OMG DEADLOCK" etc. Which is basically just misinformation.

ProTip: Usually when you give an example to a person, you use a situation that is both relevant and correct.

Also, based on your example, that "thing" not updating because

Those cant detect deadlocks.

implies that when they don't update it is from, you guessed it, a deadlock. So by that reasoning, that "thing" not updating due to a deadlock would be DIRECTLY related to the OR code because, you guessed it, its deadlocked.

Vlada
10-15-2010, 06:48 PM
Do you even know what you are saying?

blah, blah, blah

blah, blah...

Only person having an issue with this is you.

You don't understand or don't want to understand, it makes no difference anyway. Personally i think your just bored.

Anyway, we dragged this thread off topic enough as it is. Sorry about that Dame. :(

Lobreeze
10-15-2010, 06:49 PM
Good Rebuttal. Glad to know our "Support Helpers" know what they are talking about and give practical examples pertaining to the project.

Rabidgerbil38
10-15-2010, 06:54 PM
Wow this is dumb, Vlada just used an example to explain that the server status "things" don't always display the correct information, no need to get your panties in a bunch.

Anyone who can't understand that there are always going to be multiple reasons for a failure are a lost cause in being educated, try as you might a fool will always foil a fool-proof plan. So forget about it and relize the intelligent people on this forum will understand a simple example.

Lobreeze
10-15-2010, 06:56 PM
Hi, spreading misinformation always helps, you're right.

Silly me.

Rabidgerbil38
10-15-2010, 06:59 PM
Lol your cute, like a pissed off chuahuah :D

Lobreeze
10-15-2010, 07:02 PM
you're cute. What was that you were saying about lost cause to educate?

Rabidgerbil38
10-15-2010, 07:05 PM
Awe mimicry is the greates form of flattery :)

Some people just don't wanna learn, they want an easy fix and to forget about it. They are that lost cause.

tehmulletman
10-15-2010, 08:06 PM
makes sense to me what vlada was saying. the code that runs the server status deadlocked, not the code for the server...server could be up and running but status can be deadlocked.

clownshoe
10-15-2010, 08:14 PM
i wanna play server stop being down : (

Colt-556
10-15-2010, 08:21 PM
So, howcome no info's been given on WHY the server was wiped. Every other wipe they've said why it was wiped.

Snowtigre
10-15-2010, 08:37 PM
They Broke the resource's I think..
At least I kope they Broke the resources..

Its a bit hard to test crafting if you have nothing to craft with..

skye..