View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labyrinth View Post
Technically, the thing they backpedaled on was saying that the poll had too much room for bias, proxies, etc. The actual turn out of votes isn't really relevant to what they did because they didn't wait a whole two weeks like they said they were going to (now who was clamoring for them to just "wrap it up now"? Wasn't that the let's wipe "majority"? Hmm..). I can't help but find it amusing that so many people pissed about what happened are pissed not because of the reneging itself, but because they didn't get their wipe.

Really, as much as people say that the staff went with the "whining minority," keep in mind that whining from a minority was what brought about the poll and the possible user-based decision in the first place. Add to that the fact that the poll results have no proof of being accurate of user opinion in the first place; I remember at least a couple cases easily where someone said that they chose "yes" and then realized afterward that they didn't actually want a wipe.

It all reminds me of the speedhacking situation a while back and how people went bat**** insane because principles such as "cheating" were brought into the argument. "Dupers" seems to be the flavor of the month for riling the memberbase up.
Have you ever taken a moment and read what you actually write? It's almost impossible to follow you.

sig by yaki