View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 01:57 PM

I've encountered a critical error when it comes to rubberbanding with this new patch. With the new patch, it seems that things on steeply gradiated terrain float at the highest point of that terrain, but stay in the xy coordinates of where they should be. This poses a problem for mission targets, but also if you log out on gradiated terrain, when you log back in you end up floating 100 or so meters in the air (that was due to the mountain I was on.) The game resets you to the ground (because that was built in in case something like this happened) but because my toon moved 100m in less than a second, the server naturally rubberbanded me back to my spot 100m in the air, keeping me stuck in a perpetual loop. (also, when you're in the air, you cannot move in any direction.)

**Upon logging out and logging in, I was stuck in the air still. However, the game used its reset ability and I was back on the ground. I closed my eyes and winced, but when I peeked back at the screen I was back on solid ground still, not looping with the rubberbanding. If anyone encounters the same problem I did my reccomendation is to log out and log back in if you find yourself in a critical rubber band loop.

Last edited by Naesen; 10-29-2009 at 02:02 PM.