View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazuya View Post
I have nothing to understand.

I read and I understand.

I don't need to put others down though with thoughtless comments so I feel better about myself.

I'll bet your toon is a Jedi................
No you do not understand what I, or others, are saying here. And no, my toon is not a jedi. If you must know, at the moment my toon is BH 3xxx and TKA xx42. Thanks for the laugh though.

As far as a techincal explanation of what is happening to the server, I will do it one more time. A description of the various situations is also included for your convinience:

Server status: Online but not able to connect with others making posts about it on the forums

Most likely this means the server is deadlocked. Please feel free to read other posts to confrim. What is a deadlock? Again feel free to use the forum's search feature to find more information on this but I will also explain here, again, for your convinience.

A deadlock means that Process B is waiting for confirmation from Process A that it has completed. However, Process A is also waiting confirmation from Process B that it is also ready. With both awaiting action from the other process, this is what is known as a deadlock. In terms of this particular server, both of these processes are a part of passing clients onto the server. While you may be able to log into your account and see your characters, you can't get past the "Connecting to the server...".

In this case, the server is truly online as the status states, however it is unable to pass clients onto the server and, therefore, you and everyone else who is attempting to log into the test center are experiencing the same problem.

Server status: Online After using the search feature or by taking a quick look into the TC Nova forum you find that there aren't any others complaining about the server being down

Check the IRC. If no one there is having problems there may be a chance that you are having a problem. Contact support on IRC or by another means as listed in the support forum as well as in various other places.

Server status: Offline Clearly no explanation needed.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Ediwaos; 01-02-2010 at 12:26 PM.