View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 04:10 PM

I have to disagree with you Eddy. Voting leads to chaos most of the time. Let the owners of a server set the rules that they want, and if they are good ones the server flies with a lots of people. If the over all effect of the server rules are bad then people walk with thier feet. Voting on a set of rules leads to a bad precidence....3 months laters you have a player base wanting to know why they can nto vote and have a say in things..then you get a flame war between players and the server admin gets a nice headache.
(the above is only my opinion based on experience with runnign servers)

A good admin will get the pulse of what they think the players want and try to marry that to thier vision of how they want a server to run. An Admin that is successful will generally have a plan and stick to it, but not to be so inflexable that they can not hear from the players and evaluate the changes asked for and how they will affect "thier" world.

One final thing to remember: in the end the admins are the ones providing the server, bandwidth and time to give you and I an enviroment that SoE/LA took away.