View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 12:48 AM

Hey guys, SWGemu is doing the best they can with very limited resources, remember it took somebody like SOE with their big budgets and $15 a month per account funding it to make swg even exsist. the simple fact that SWGEmu guys have gotten a functioning server up and running with no help from SOE or anybody else really is alot to expect.

I may be reading to much into some of these posts, but I get the impression you guys all expect it to be perfect and you forget perfection costs, alot. so unless everybody is gonna start sending a donation EVERY month then you have nothing to complain about. You are, after all, playing a game free of charge. So the next time the server is laggy or you can't login and you want to complain or get frustrated, go and pay up $15 to SOE and login to your SWG account on their servers and remember what frustrated and pissed off really feels like, particularly when you are paying for it.

The day I am putting money every month into the hands of swgemu I will have rights to complain or to demand better, until then, there is an old saying, "you get what you paid for" and well right now everybody is getting a hell of a good deal for their, well, nothing they put out every month, cause nothing is what everybody is asked to pay.

It doesn't matter if somebody donated servers, or if somebody has rich parents, if you think that somebody needs to setup then perhaps it should be you, who cares if they got 100 servers given to them. If that is true then obviously all that stuff is only good enough to make it run as it does now, If anyone wants and expects it to be better then feel free to fork over whatever it will take to make it that way. If you can't well then deal with whatever is there and enjoy it for what it is or go back to SOE, where you get to pay and be ignored, screwed over and then banned for thinking that you & your money meant **** to them.

I say hats off to you guys at SWGEmu!! keep doing what your doing & I'll keep being glad you guys are dedicated enough to keep SWG alive and as it should have been instead of the shell of a game SOE has turned it into.

Oh on a side note, SOE is shutting down like 5 or 6 of its servers, my old server Intrepid is one of them, so much for NGE making SWG better and a game for the ages.............