SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 04:23 PM

In no way am I going to flame or QQ about the decision that was made because frankly I have only been playing in EMU now for about a week, that being said I would like to state that the inflation at this time is very high and understanding that it will eventually even out and that the credits will work there way out of the system over time. It is currently very frustrating for someone to get off the ground and I would very much like to see everything reset for a few months before the next wipe. Is that not the purpose of a TC?
Old 04-27-2010, 04:07 PM

+100 to Qui-Larek.

Close this thread and let's play the game we were all enjoying on Sunday.

Fun's over boys.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:07 PM

I can't imagine anything more short-sighted than deferring to a minority on the basis of outrage. I can guarantee that that, by the margin of the majority's victory, you will experience more outrage.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:08 PM

I was afraid SWGemu would be full of (and ruled by) elitist jerks. Seems like this is the case...
Old 04-27-2010, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgerath View Post
I was afraid SWGemu would be full of (and ruled by) elitist jerks. Seems like this is the case...
This is very true.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:09 PM

I honestly voted for Yes and Frogs for 2 weeks. I cant afford many of the stuff going on... Millions for a weapon, that doesn't even happens in the live servers in SOE (vet weaponsmith there). Ppl asking for 30 millions for a weapon its way to much. Not considering other stuff. I have gathered a lot of resources, and im cool with the wipe to help out the economy.

Yet, it seems the mass creation of new accounts has proved that some people play with the wrong intentions.

Yes, without the Wipe, we are able to keep testing the game. With the mass unbalanced weapons out there, available just for less than 20 persons, in over a population of 1600, seems very unproductive. Also, those weapons like an example, kill the pvp, no matter what armor you are wearing, it will kill you no matter what.

If im not wrong, every single forum, has the option to check the IP address where accounts logged in from. I would ban those IP's, or deleting every single account related to that IP, that way, you are going to hurt those who were duping. In that case, they will lose even if they won the poll.

OK....time to get to work....we gotta offset the chaos somehow

BigEvil's Shop of Pretty Decent Non-Elite Weapons will be open in a week or so....

I'll let ya know when i got some stock and take orders.....

LOL

Ahahaha, Man I'm sooo glad I kept doing my daily day to day thing. I feel so bad for all the idiots who sold their holocrons for 10 - 150k. Well seeing as the servers are untouched .. WTB holocron for .. lets go for 250k! Taking away inflation pricing, Id say thats fair. :P

Despite this, I'd still like to see a wipe :P

Note to self: Update Siggy! >.<
Old 04-27-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odwill View Post
Hello again EMU community.

The past few days have been crazy around here. We took this polling endeavor seriously and we were hoping for a better outcome. However, the team has been bombarded with concerns and questions by the community over the wipe poll and the possible outcomes. Therefore, due to voting disparities with new accounts, adverse affect on the community of the polling process, and unaddressed issues, we are calling off the poll and the possibility of a wipe. We will stick to the original statement and wipe for the OR when the time comes. As always, we are committed to providing you all with a solid community and game environment. We thought that holding this poll would give the community a voice and a chance at a little more participation.

What we now realize is it may cause more damage then good in the end. To our entire community, we are sorry if this poll in any way affected you adversely, and we will assure you that a similar situation will not happen in the future.

The SWGEmu Team.
Thanks for the quick statement and result, i do believe you guys are doing what you think is best for the game and the community. I would have keep playing, whatever was decided, so i'm fine either way.

Keep up the great job you are doing, and many thanks for the hard work accomplished till now
Old 04-27-2010, 04:15 PM

This entire thread is retarded.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:15 PM

way to make a fast decision. i didn't really care either way it went. i just like how it didnt take you guys 3 weeks to decide while everyone sat around and didnt want to play.
All in all i like the decision. thank you
Old 04-27-2010, 04:19 PM

you pussied out. shame on you.

TC means TC. Wipe this b*tch.

These forums appear to be mostly a cesspit of people complaining about stuff they are getting for free. Fcuk em.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:22 PM

I checked the poll just before it was taken down but already closed. The majority had 66.5% so they did not change the poll. Based on the amount of folks who cheat to prove their point or get what they want here, I wouldn't believe all these 'pictures' or whatnot. If the poll had been changed BEFORE it was closed, they might have a point but it wasn't. The majority had yes at the time the poll was closed and that didn't change.

The people who post here are not credible anymore. Some of you might say the same of the developers, who I must admit, never should have posted that poll, but I imagine they honestly didn't realize people would cheat on a poll. Rather than blaming the developers, why don't you look at your fellow players who couldn't stand to let the majority win fairly.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:25 PM

Wow, guys, come on. If they had had a wipe who knows what would have happened and we won't until they do. Yes, some people donated, but at least your donation money isn't going towards some GMs drug addiction, right? :P
I really didn't mind if there had been a wipe and I would have lived with the blue frogs, but the reason they canceled everything is that the votes were messed up. Yes, that meant that nothing changed, but it doesn't mean nothing will. If the Devs decide otherwise I don't care.
Also, I thought double sunglasses was like a Newgrounds thing.
I really don't think the Devs were trying to be controlling but they were caught between a krayt dragon and a rancor. Ok, bad analogy.
Either way they were going to be ripped for their decision and even if they did cancel the poll because of fraudulent votes (people logging onto different university computers or connecting to neighbor's hot spots) they technically can't implement something they needed votes on the first place.
Yes, people are cheating, but maybe it is up to us to work together and do our best to keep the economy going. If it means I go out and train some skills and make good products that are affordable then so be it. I think it is more rewarding to help your fellow gamer than to dupe a million credits just so I can feel better about not being a real millionaire.
Of course, if I'm wrong, and the Devs had some ingenious, yet poorly worked out, plan to divide us and make us look stupid, then I say, that sucks. Turn the other cheek, just don't forget to wipe.

Norma- Battle Master.
Shimale- MID.
Duchess- A big hairy wookiee.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:26 PM

....aaaand the whiners win again. Seems the crying tactics that ruined live are being used here.

The same people who duped holocrons, items, and credits are most likely the ones creating new accounts to vote no on the wipe and crying about their ill-gotten gains being taken away. From the poll, it was pretty clear that only a small percentage of players stated that they would not play if the server were wiped; I believe this number would be even smaller since some would probably still play regardless of what they stated in the poll. You are catering to a small percentage of the population that is not concerned with reporting glitches and bugs but rather exploiting them for their own short-term gains while cheating the community.

This is a test server, when there is a bug or problem, you fix it. There were problems that resulted in an unbalanced economy and game, they should be fixed.
Closed Thread