SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Announcements

Notices

Announcements Major Project Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonJoe View Post
CH is hopefully a much higher priority than Jedi.
This. But I'm looking forward to testing Architect
Old 08-28-2010, 06:14 PM

anyone wonder when politician will get some much needed attention for these cities and testing?
Old 08-28-2010, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atldarkphoenix View Post
anyone wonder when politician will get some much needed attention for these cities and testing?
Probably once enough of the kinks of the cities are worked out that they don't need to be tested en masse.

We got Defstar
Old 08-28-2010, 07:37 PM
Communications Team Manager
CommunicationsManagerAdministrator

Quote:
Quote:
None of these are being worked on at the moment but Politician is probably closer because of all the city work being done.

All profs have to be done but obviously something like Jedi has to be done carefully or no testing of anything else will happen.

As cRush said earlier, releasing the OR to TC: Nova full time is just the start, not the end to the emulator. The coders have done a ton and still have a ton to do. We will be telling the testers what to focus on and also using the Blue Frogs where necessary.

Former SWG Carbineer Correspondent from pre-CU through the NGE
Iebas Feania on Chilastra Master Architect/Carbineer/Creature Handler

| SWGEmu FAQ | A Newbie's Guide to SWGEmu! | Launchpad Enhanced | How to be a SWGEmu Beta Tester | Profession Forums |
SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.

Old 08-28-2010, 07:41 PM

great update TAfirehawk thank you
Old 08-28-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
great update TAfirehawk thank you
It is the coders doing the hard work, this part is easy

| SWGEmu FAQ | A Newbie's Guide to SWGEmu! | Launchpad Enhanced | How to be a SWGEmu Beta Tester | Profession Forums |

Old 08-28-2010, 08:10 PM

Quote:
The problem is MCH got hit so hard with the nerf stick that it was virtually pointless to have. Would it be possible to make Ch are more viable profession as well have mounts have some benefits over vehicles?
Old 08-28-2010, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
The problem is MCH got hit so hard with the nerf stick that it was virtually pointless to have. Would it be possible to make Ch are more viable profession as well have mounts have some benefits over vehicles?
CH was, and remains a very hard profession to have in a Star Wars game. This is supposed to be a super advanced future, yet a guy with some pokemon balls can be a force on the battlefield? CH can work, but it needs alot of creativity and work from the Devs to make it a viable profession.

TC Nova characters
Shilo Trutta Master Doctor
Quequag Master Rifleman, Master Swordsman, Medic 113x
Old 08-29-2010, 01:29 AM

After the OR is released and the rolling wipe(s) stop, will the characters be permanent on the server during and after release 1.0, or will there be another large wipe post 1.0?

- This news brings me quintessential joy, and I'm quivery with anticipation for its release. I bought SWG and played it since launch through NGE +3 months, before finally giving in. Ever since I heard the rumors on the wind that this project, this beacon of hope was being developed by dedicated fans with the skill and dedication to see the dream become a reality, I have been eagerly waiting, watching the months toll by, and kept an eye on this project, returning to read the forums and dev's progress as it came available. Without a doubt I have not anticipated a release for a game as much as I have this. I've been rooting for you to return SWG to it's glory, and I applaud you for the years of work you have put into this project. Thank you everyone, you really inspire hope in a galaxy full of darkness, and I appreciate and respect all the work you have done.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:47 AM
Developer
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashbarron View Post
After the OR is released and the rolling wipe(s) stop, will the characters be permanent on the server during and after release 1.0, or will there be another large wipe post 1.0?

When 1.0 will eventually be finished, SunCrusher (and the private server communities) will start out with a clean, wiped database. After that, our goal would be to run the server without wipes

On the rest of your post: Nicely put

どこまでも亀が続く
Old 08-29-2010, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
As shilo said, CH is a tough profession to balance just like Jedi is tough. No one single profession or template should rule the battlefield in PvP or PvE or else we might at well get rid of half the profs like SOE did in the NGE.

As I have said before, the SWGEmu PreCu v1.00 release will be as accurate to publish 14.1 as humanly possible this many years after the fact with the addition of fixing A FEW bugs.

Personally I think quite a few things were wrong at publish 14.1 so I hope other server communities and SWGEmu can upgrade the situation quickly after v1.00 is released. As you can see in my sig, MCH was and is dear to my heart but it can be overpowering

Old 08-29-2010, 11:07 AM

probably needs to incorporate similarities to the traditional hunter class in most mmo's...pet does alright damage but nothing crazy but allows for interference between the target and the pet's master...and the handler uses ranged weaponry

might need to reduce total number of pets that can be controlled (out) at once to make it work in that fashion
Old 08-29-2010, 01:40 PM

Thanks thanks thanks for the great news!!! this is so exciting .. I'm getting my old pals together to help test the OR, cant wait
Old 08-29-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
I agree
Old 08-29-2010, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaeVen316 View Post
probably needs to incorporate similarities to the traditional hunter class in most mmo's...pet does alright damage but nothing crazy but allows for interference between the target and the pet's master...and the handler uses ranged weaponry

might need to reduce total number of pets that can be controlled (out) at once to make it work in that fashion
This isnt a traditional mmorpg.

I will never get why people are hell bent on altering precu gameplay, pretty sure we have seen what happens when community think tanks and forum polls are used to shape content - hai CU/NGE
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: