SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackPipe2011 View Post
Stop being pussies and give us what we voted for EMU team.
^^^^
Old 04-27-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaris View Post
Umm, why hasent anyone suggested to fix the polling issues? I mean theres got to be a way to do an accurate poll, right?
i think staff (besides leo wanting to give us the finger) wants to bury this and run away from it. far far away.

Rockin' the DooDooPee, Ya'll see me rollin', you hatin.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:39 PM

I think the staff should look at what the majority wants and compromise if they don't want to wipe the server.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:40 PM

Why not try again with the poll and make to so only members that joined before 4/20 could vote?
This team showed that they are easily persuaded by a vocal minority.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:40 PM

<imo class="my2cents">

Once again I'd like to highlight the nice people that call the emu dev team SOE and a possible wipe the NGE. I'm glad you folks show respect and thanks for all the hard work that the emu team has put in over the years since SWG CU. Seriously, if you can't respect the dev team here for even bringing you a possibility of playing a previously DISCONTINUED game, then maybe you shouldn't be here...

I voted for a wipe w/ Frogs. I really don't care now that there is not going to be one. I am approaching this from a testing standpoint. I voted for a wipe because a wipe MIGHT be able to provide some data/information to the dev team that would make the future of Nova and post-OR Nova run more smoothly and/or work efficiently. I voted for Frogs to soften the blow on some of the newer players who aren't used to wipes. If you played Core3 at all, you would be perfectly used to wipes. I think I probably have played through roughly 5 to 6 wipes now infact.

However, now that the wipe is called off, I am not angry at all. The wipe only provided a possible chance that it MIGHT provide useful data/information. In summation, the dev team has the server's and player-base's best interest at heart. If they didn't then why would they be spending their free time reverse engineering all of SOE's code for a defunct game? The devs saw this getting out of hand, so they chose what they thought served the needs of the server and player-base the most. Period.

</imo>
Old 04-27-2010, 07:41 PM

From http://www.mmofringe.com/index.php?o...1642&Itemid=55

"News from the SWGEmu community...

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54674

Apparently there have been credit and item dupes rampant on the Nova TC server which has caused the cost of items to skyrocket in recent weeks.

The community reps/developers of SWGEmu originated 2 polls in as many days asking whether or not a DB wipe is wanted by the community. The credit dupers and loljedi threw an Anakin fit and the second poll ended with many people creating multiple accounts to skew the poll before it was closed apprently cheered on by an actual developer using system messages ingame last night. Keep in mind this poll was to run 1-2 weeks. Before the multiple accounts skewing the poll started it was at 66% in favor of the DB wipe.

In a very SOEish move the SWGEmu staff closed the poll and stated they would not be wiping the DB apparently kowtowing to the dupers, cheaters, and loljedi completely going agianst their statement they made with the original poll which stated: "We won't pander to the QQ'ers, they ruined SWG in the first place".

The original poll threads have since been ninja deleted.

The SWGEmu group has fought through integrity and credibility issues in the past and it seems they did not absorb and of those lessons learned. With the recent SWG:ANH test looking very positive it will be interesting to see how many in the community may jump ship and wait for them to open up a test server.

No further response from the SWGEmu staff was posted at the time of this post.

-Valeran "

Is this true? Were there really System Messages sent last night by a dev encouraging No votes? Screen shots, anyone?

IGN: Jimu (12 point Armor Smith) RoH
Retired from NOVA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3phantom View Post
Does somebody need their ass beat, San Francisco style?
These guys do: Gapster, Wint3rz, Wint3rz123, Bulbous, KV90
Old 04-27-2010, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kainzo View Post
Thanks Vlada, that ignore feature is a godsend. So many ugly avatars I never have to see again.
Double thanks I was wondering how to do that myself.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:47 PM

And as a side note, and anticipating a whole lot of flaming. Facts have clearly proven that the "majority" do NOT post or read forums, even here I expect that holds true. So those that call for the devs death or downfall because they ignore the majority, clearly don't understand their position in the world. Not everyone who composes a well thought out contrasting idea is a troll, and not everyone who gets a post accepted by a forum moderator is "in the majority". They are not always going to make us happy, and democracy BTW is the most dangerous form of government ever conceived short of despotism. Bowing to polls in every case only leads to trouble...

I appreciate the debate, and love the discourse. Consider all ideas and then consider consequences. I FIRMLY believe that the motivations of the volunteer developers of this modern interpretation of SWG care about what they are doing and endeavor to see it succeed.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:53 PM

Honestly be careful what you wish for..

Did you realize the wipe would result in the Bank being removed from game?

As soon as the Wipe people got the wipe they would then cry for the bank to be returned..which returns the dupe and other bugs.

Very illogical to wipe when there is no "real fix" being implemented.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:53 PM

All I can say is thank goodness there is not going to be a wipe. Blue frogs? BAH, that will not replace my inventory & credits. Let the cheaters cheat, they will not get the full enjoyment of the game. Leave those of us honest, hard working players who took months to finnaly get Master & decent credits alone. It is not right to punish a few for the unmoral & unethical players that are out there.

Essa Ruddar

JinE Chu
Master Artisan
Old 04-27-2010, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo-landi View Post
Honestly be careful what you wish for..

Did you realize the wipe would result in the Bank being removed from game?

As soon as the Wipe people got the wipe they would then cry for the bank to be returned..which returns the dupe and other bugs.

Very illogical to wipe when there is no "real fix" being implemented.
The bank removal was confirmed by staff to have been false in the other thread.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:55 PM

I love all the QQ in this thread. You all complain that it's a test center and should be wiped. While this is true, there were no big changes slated for the wipe, just some anti-dupe measures which WILL, not CAN, but WILL be gone against anyway. You then go against your talk about it being a test center and complain that "Durr dupers win!" My warning to you is that if credit and item duping is ruining your testing experience, go play Maple Story. Dupers will always be in the games and will be an ongoing problem. Some of you might say that focusing on dupers, hackers, etc. would take time away from development, but by not putting these measures in effect until the OR wipe they can focus more on the OR which can potentially bring 1.0 faster.

Tl;dr Don't take the test center so seriously. This isn't a cancellation of anti-dupe measures, but a delay as not to waste it on dead code anyway.

<TheyThatAre>
Old 04-27-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehomey! View Post
I love all the QQ in this thread. You all complain that it's a test center and should be wiped. While this is true, there were no big changes slated for the wipe, just some anti-dupe measures which WILL, not CAN, but WILL be gone against anyway. You then go against your talk about it being a test center and complain that "Durr dupers win!" My warning to you is that if credit and item duping is ruining your testing experience, go play Maple Story. Dupers will always be in the games and will be an ongoing problem. Some of you might say that focusing on dupers, hackers, etc. would take time away from development, but by not putting these measures in effect until the OR wipe they can focus more on the OR which can potentially bring 1.0 faster.

Tl;dr Don't take the test center so seriously. This isn't a cancellation of anti-dupe measures, but a delay as not to waste it on dead code anyway.
SRS BSNS

But, qfe!

The Truth, is limitless in its range
if you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse it could Hurt
Old 04-27-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookaburra View Post
I would make the assumption that minor voting infractions were made by both yes and no voters but not enough to alter the outcome.

The problem is that votes were actually TAKEN AWAY from one category and added to another.
The only person(s) with the ability to make a negative vote would be a board moderator.
OR the assumption could be made that infractions were made by both sides and were enough to alter the outcome. One could assume any number of possible outcomes.

In the absence of firm evidence one way or the other, chuck the vote and go with the status quo until you can get solid numbers.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:59 PM

I gotta say I'm a bit torn. I didn't care about wipe or no wipe that much. However, I would have been quite unhappy with Blue Frogs on the server, and they prob. would have won out.

That being said, I just don't understand the 2-3 polls then ok let's not do it because the minority ( and majority ) QQ'd a lot. I guess the cheating on the voting was rampant? Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about Blue Frogs

"We probably improved the chicken's quality of life. It got to be in a movie, got to have sex and then we ate it ... I don't have a problem if they test cosmetics on animals. Eyeliner has been important in my life. If 10 chickens have to die to make one drag queen happier, so be it!"

- John Waters

Last edited by Sabbathicus; 04-27-2010 at 08:01 PM.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: