SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News

Notices

Community News Community Bulletins, Service downtimes and minor announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 05:34 AM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GammerTag View Post
Is it Possible to put this on a page accessable to people that lost their account. I spent the last 3 days worried that I was baned for some unknown reason. I am sure others might have the same problem.
It is accessible, you can see the "Community News" section even if you dont have an account.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 09-19-2010, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
It is accessible, you can see the "Community News" section even if you dont have an account.
No doubt bro, all I ment by that post is to have a special section on the front page. atleast for a few weeks. I would hate to see some of the community leave just because they didn't happen to check the right forum. When it happened to me I emailed community@swgemu.com and still no responce. I just happend to be at a buddies house and made an account for him. I just happened to come across this thread while I was checking on the OR status.

Its just a shame that I happened to lose my MDancer/MMusician buffbot, weapon/clothing/tapes for different characters that poof is just gone.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:51 AM
SWGEmu Moderator

Quote:
No doubt bro, all I ment by that post is to have a special section on the front page. atleast for a few weeks. I would hate to see some of the community leave just because they didn't happen to check the right forum. When it happened to me I emailed community@swgemu.com and still no responce. I just happend to be at a buddies house and made an account for him. I just happened to come across this thread while I was checking on the OR status.

Its just a shame that I happened to lose my MDancer/MMusician buffbot, weapon/clothing/tapes for different characters that poof is just gone.
I doubt anyone is going to bother with that.

NOVA will be wiped soon, we are moving to new forums, and we will be registering again. No point in adding something to a front page that is was even disabled for a while because it was outdated (i have no idea why they enabled it again).

I understand where you are coming form, but its just not worth the trouble.

SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 09-19-2010, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrios View Post
I wonder about regulary database backups.
To backups just every quarter seems...."unnatural"...
Lmao i started school on 15th.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:36 AM

I can't wait until the new forums and I'll once again be even with vlada... (Even though I was never really even with him to begin with, other than unlocking before him and having 75 badges before him, oh wait he doesnt have that. OH YEAH!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasme's Mom @ Dasme
You need to take a shower.
Old 09-19-2010, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
I doubt anyone is going to bother with that.

NOVA will be wiped soon, we are moving to new forums, and we will be registering again. No point in adding something to a front page that is was even disabled for a while because it was outdated (i have no idea why they enabled it again).

I understand where you are coming form, but its just not worth the trouble.
I have been away from the end of august thinking the OR was coming at the beginning of September and haven't been keeping up with the forums. Has there been a new update thread.

You said that we are moving to a new forum and have to create new accounts. Alittle comfused...we won't be coming to SWGEMU.COM anymore after OR or are they just going to be wiping the slate clean on here and remaking the website?
Old 09-19-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
I have been away from the end of august thinking the OR was coming at the beginning of September and haven't been keeping up with the forums. Has there been a new update thread.

You said that we are moving to a new forum and have to create new accounts. Alittle comfused...we won't be coming to SWGEMU.COM anymore after OR or are they just going to be wiping the slate clean on here and remaking the website?
My guess (emphasis on it being a guess, as I don't know the staff's "plan") is that there will be some forum downtime when they switch over, but the domain will ultimately be the same. In other words, same domain, new software.
Old 09-19-2010, 03:53 PM
SWGEmu Moderator

Quote:

They will be upgrading from vBulletin 3.8.3 (this forum) to vBulletin 4.0.6, these forums will be archived and....

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72424
http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72455

Quote:
Wiping the Slate Clean

The new account management system and new forum software means a complete reset on your accounts. The new registration page will check the old forum database for names and passwords so your unique name will be reserved just for you, but you can also choose a new name if you wish.

For the community, there is also an unexpected benefit from our infrastructure upgrade. We will not be transferring any of the bans or infractions to the new forums or IRC server. This means that everyone gets a final chance to start fresh in being a valuable contributor to help us bring back the game that was taken away. This will be the last time we wipe our infractions before the eventual release of 1.0 and your infractions and bans may carry over to SunCrusher.

Old 10-05-2010, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobreeze View Post
Even if they are its getting wiped soon anyway.
if they arent now they will be in the matter of days/weeks.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy09 View Post
if they arent now they will be in the matter of days/weeks.
The wipe has no date. Even if it is a week from now id still like to do some BHing till then. Just because the wipe is "Soon" Which it dosint seem to be soon. Who is to say i or anyone else cant enjoy the play time till then. Why are people so quick to go OMG QQ who cares the wipe is soon. You can still play and enjoy it until then.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikole.957 View Post
The wipe has no date. Even if it is a week from now id still like to do some BHing till then. Just because the wipe is "Soon" Which it dosint seem to be soon. Who is to say i or anyone else cant enjoy the play time till then. Why are people so quick to go OMG QQ who cares the wipe is soon. You can still play and enjoy it until then.
???

Old 12-27-2010, 10:57 AM

Okay lets worry about rolling back forum accounts, and not progressing on the server!
Old 12-27-2010, 11:44 AM
Retired Quality Assurance

Quote:
Let me shed some light on your post. everything you said.. happened 3 months ago. and though its great you are participating in the community....this thread was dead, and it is NOW irrelevant.

And that is why i posted to it too...

Old 12-27-2010, 01:26 PM

Quote:
orly?
Old 12-27-2010, 01:50 PM

Haha, almost thought we did have one when I saw [New], whew!

IGN: Wyon Ayap <NUA> | ALT: Tavor Afan <NUA> | ALT: NUA Crafter <NUA>
(Master Bounty Hunter)
(Master Pikemen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1tmac View Post
It's human nature to segregate and compete. Hell if you put more than 3 of us in a room together, we start making up reasons to kill each other. Sad isn't it?
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: