SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketzal View Post
The same people who duped holocrons, items, and credits are most likely the ones creating new accounts to vote no on the wipe and crying about their ill-gotten gains being taken away.

Yep. It'd be like holding a referendum: "Should people who threaten others at the ballot box be held accountable for their crimes? Y/N?". The outcome would very likely be illegitimate.

In most cases, closing a poll on the basis of people doubling accounts to vote is already absurd because the illegitimate votes are as likely to be "yes" as they are "no". But in this case it's especially heinous because the individuals who have a history of unfair play in this community would have something to gain by voting "no". To close the polls due to foul play and decide in favor of the minority who was more likely to be duping votes is senseless, unfair, and rewarding bad behavior.

Last edited by Ekowraith; 04-27-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:36 PM

If this server is just here as a place holder to test out the server limits etc...

just add in the Blue Frogs for those of us that are new here so that we may skip over the grind and play at the higher level.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:26 PM

I have a novel idea...quit taking polls and work on the OR....???? Like others had said, smells like SOE bull****....Quit acting like a bunch of tard kids and work on the OR....if people wanted polls and kid games, they'd still be playing the NGE.....regardless of a wipe or not, the devs have their pets who are shown how to dupe...it happens with publishers and will happen with the Emu...that's part of playing any game...live with it or don't play...but taking a poll and not carrying through with the majority is bull**** and the same bull**** that will drive peopel away...WORK ON THE OR and quit pissing around
Old 04-27-2010, 04:43 PM

Agreed well said
Old 04-27-2010, 04:30 PM

Kyle still hasn't denied urging people in IRC to create accounts and vote NO, lol. I guess it's true.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:32 PM

Its not the lack of a wipe that has made people upset.

Its the fact we had to go through these last 2 days when there was ZERO percent chance of a wipe ever happening to begin with.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:33 PM

I'm going to dupe Duchess.
We need more wookiee ladies.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamune View Post
I'm going to dupe Duchess.
We need more wookiee ladies.
LOL! Two of me would crash the server.

Norma- Battle Master.
Shimale- MID.
Duchess- A big hairy wookiee.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:34 PM

Thank you very much.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:35 PM

Not following through on what the majority wanted in the poll was a mistake. That means you pissed off the majority of the community.

Who decided to have a poll anyways? Should have just been wiped.

This is no different than SOE. Catering to the little kids that can't handle a wipe, that are in the minority no less.

I had little faith in the team before, now I really don't and know I know why Ekaika left, I would have to. Bunch of fools.

I have to say I feel bad for those who were a bit impulsive and sold their stuff off (not sure why, I mean, what's the point to make money if it was going to be wiped?) and this whole poll business did kill things in game for 2 days, but hopefully it won't have any lasting effects. Yeah, this pissed people off, but we're lucky to have SWGemu. I just don't see a reason to get upset or take things personally. Well, time to get some stuff done in-game-- socialize, help people out, you know, everything an MMO is about.

Norma- Battle Master.
Shimale- MID.
Duchess- A big hairy wookiee.

Well said Eko, well said

Thanks to the really, really elite highest-end people that duped themselves into boredom, the whole community is now dealing with this psychic shadow.

The thing is, with all the drama and childishness, it's not any worse than any other mmo I've ever played. How could any of you with any experience say with a straight face that this is anything less than you imagined would happen given the circumstances?

What surprises me the most is the surprise. Of course there's going to be flaming but mostly cooler heads prevailed and there was a lot of rollicking discussion going on. In the end, the developers have done the right thing in my opinion, and time heals all wounds.

Here's looking forward to the OR with an actual crafted economy in place! (Which would not have existed in any decent form for at least another 4 months, if then.)
Old 04-27-2010, 04:37 PM

when I went to bed last night it was 75% for the wipe today it had dropped to 66% everyone is zeroing in on possible fraudulent no votes, but what about fraudulent yes votes? Padding had to go on on both sides as the comfort Margin started to plummet.

Dev did what they thought was right and called the poll null and void do to cheating.

Yet everyone is content to slam the devs instead of looking at those who are the real problem.

And those requesting to learn how to dupe and all.. I hope your banned.

EMU Suncrusher
TK/Dancer
Roleplay Federation (RFE)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SWG Intrepid RIP
TK/Musician
DEF Entertainment

Old 04-27-2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baigs View Post
And those requesting to learn how to dupe and all.. I hope your banned.
That'd be kind of funny, considering a group of people who did enough damage to **** an entire server to the point of this kind of outrage are still here.
Closed Thread