SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Devil- View Post
even better part.... that number is higher then the average number for a current SWG server =)
That'll change when they kill half their servers =\ but hey! we can still celebrate!

If you can read this, thank a music teacher

Old 09-17-2009, 05:58 PM

Been having a great time with the new release. The developers have done excellent work and yes, as mentioned way earlier, it feels so 2003 - which is fantastic!

Great job to all who have dedicated their time and efforts. :-)
Fleaz - Master Creature Handler
Sandra - Master Dancer
Reppy - Master Chef

Galaxy - GORATH
Guilds - JRE, DMG-I
July 5, 2003 - March 14, 2005
Old 09-16-2009, 08:05 PM

This is a crazy cool milestone. Cheers!

<TheyThatAre>
Old 09-16-2009, 08:06 PM

Would player cities, playing housing / players items in houses..etc effect server lag at all? Or for example just say there is 600-700 people new characters grinding professions spamming commands constantly spread out everywhere on all the planets at one time, does this create server lag at all? I know a huge amount of people PvPing or grinding in one area can cause server lag as this happens on every game.

For example let's just say Suncrusher is launched, 6+ months later there is a dozen or 2 dozen player cities, about 2,000-3,000 accounts active with an average of 400-500 players on at any one time. Will the server slowly start to become worse and worse as player cities grow and peoples huge inventory of items and other structures like harvesters start to flood the planets?

If player cities do cause this will there be very very strict guidelines on player cities, ie player cities must be authorized by developers before they can start. If a huge excess of items cause lag then will there be a max cap on how many items one character can have on them & stored in their house(s)? 500? 1000? 1500? etc.

Thanks.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:16 AM
Core3 Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellaz View Post
Would player cities, playing housing / players items in houses..etc effect server lag at all? Or for example just say there is 600-700 people new characters grinding professions spamming commands constantly spread out everywhere on all the planets at one time, does this create server lag at all? I know a huge amount of people PvPing or grinding in one area can cause server lag as this happens on every game.

For example let's just say Suncrusher is launched, 6+ months later there is a dozen or 2 dozen player cities, about 2,000-3,000 accounts active with an average of 400-500 players on at any one time. Will the server slowly start to become worse and worse as player cities grow and peoples huge inventory of items and other structures like harvesters start to flood the planets?

If player cities do cause this will there be very very strict guidelines on player cities, ie player cities must be authorized by developers before they can start. If a huge excess of items cause lag then will there be a max cap on how many items one character can have on them & stored in their house(s)? 500? 1000? 1500? etc.

Thanks.
I dont think that extra objects in memory will create so much lag, it will use more RAM. With extra items per player Database will suffer a bit more, but theres still a lot of room for improvement cause we didnt even start on optimizing the code. Current TC is running on a Q8300 CPU, SunCrusher will be running on several machines, if we have enough donations that is. We are fairly sure that we will be able to handle at least 600 players per machine without any noticable lag.

Old 09-17-2009, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnswer View Post
I dont think that extra objects in memory will create so much lag, it will use more RAM. With extra items per player Database will suffer a bit more, but theres still a lot of room for improvement cause we didnt even start on optimizing the code. Current TC is running on a Q8300 CPU, SunCrusher will be running on several machines, if we have enough donations that is. We are fairly sure that we will be able to handle at least 600 players per machine without any noticable lag.

Am I reading that picture you attaced right? ~600 users = ~50% CPU load? WOW!!
I can only imagine what SunCrusher will be able to handle running on several machines
Old 09-20-2009, 12:50 PM
SWGEmuContent Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRush View Post
I would just like to point out that with 615 players max at one point, there was no trace of lag.

This is really exciting. I agree that the development team deserves an even bigger pat on the back now. I just went through a huge relocation from Mexico back to the United States, and within a month or so, the Emu blasted through seemingly infinite progress.

All hats off to the Emu team, and long live SWG.

/salute
Old 09-16-2009, 08:12 PM

I cant wait til we hit the 10,000 mark. Just think traveling to different cities and/or player cities and actually seeing people where ever u are
Old 09-16-2009, 08:22 PM

Great work on the patch devs. To quote John Wesley, "My heart was strangely warmed" when I saw the large group in cnet. 600+ is awesome. Having more people than swgnge servers is epic.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:33 PM
Retired Game Master

Old 09-16-2009, 08:44 PM

*clap* *clap*
Old 09-16-2009, 08:45 PM

I still can't log in to the server. Is it still deadlocked? It seems that a lot of people are on the server, but I still can't log on?
Old 09-16-2009, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagnarokStrike View Post
I still can't log in to the server. Is it still deadlocked? It seems that a lot of people are on the server, but I still can't log on?
The login server is down.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:47 PM

it is great to see so many logged in at once, and eager to grind and start to develop their characters! But you crafters need to get on the weapons! lol

You guys have made alot of people happy, i hope you get the "help" you need to keep things going *cough*.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:50 PM

sweetness... lets try for 700-800+ tomorrow !!!

Only a Sith Deals in Absolutes, I'll Do what i must
Closed Thread