SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Bi-Weekly Updates

Notices

Bi-Weekly Updates Bi-Weekly Updates are SWGEmu's cornerstone updates, posted every two weeks.

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 12:53 PM

It's time to have some fun.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applecorc View Post
Correct Give that man a cigar.
That technology has yet be implemented into Core 3.
We can only give cookies as an Imperial faction perk
Old 11-22-2007, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malitixus View Post
That technology has yet be implemented into Core 3.
We can only give cookies as an Imperial faction perk
Sorry I was unaware. Perhaps that can be the first thing I'll submit to be added to the game .
Old 11-23-2007, 06:31 AM

Awesome
Old 11-23-2007, 08:38 AM

I'll put so much work in this!
Old 11-23-2007, 09:09 AM

SWG is dying, no news here. The longer it takes to release the actual playable free version, either SWGemu or SWGANH or SWGPrecu, the smaller will be the audience. After release, freeloaders might help it, but there are a lot of good MMOS in development now, so i wudn't count on it.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KADAJ1289 View Post
So what this update is saying is that they are going to set up a server in which we can actually play and start grinding before the release?
lol , where in the world did u pull that from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebanutik View Post
SWG is dying, no news here. The longer it takes to release the actual playable free version, either SWGemu or SWGANH or SWGPrecu, the smaller will be the audience. After release, freeloaders might help it, but there are a lot of good MMOS in development now, so i wudn't count on it.
hey , its santa claus ! spreading goodwill and joy to everyone. seriously, if u have no confidence in the emu team, like the rest of us have, why bother trolling these forums and posting at all.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:25 PM
Administrator
DeveloperAdministrator

Going open source in the next day or so does not mean that you wil be able to start playing around for fun. We will impose a connection limit of 5 to ensure this doesnt turn out to be a mess like core1. We will lift the connection limit once we hit the 1.0 release. The connection limit will drive more focus to getting the crtical features taken care of. Aproved patches will be tested on the tc which will expose the new patches to a reasonable amount of persistant connections
Old 11-24-2007, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
Going open source in the next day or so does not mean that you wil be able to start playing around for fun. We will impose a connection limit of 5 to ensure this doesnt turn out to be a mess like core1. We will lift the connection limit once we hit the 1.0 release. The connection limit will drive more focus to getting the crtical features taken care of. Aproved patches will be tested on the tc which will expose the new patches to a reasonable amount of persistant connections
good idea! i was worried about that...

>>> Lowca Ownz <<<
Toons: Gulkia (lowca), Enderr (lowca), Bank' (bloodfin)
Swgemu video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIJgOHsJA3o & Classic Swg vid
Need help connecting to the swgemu test center? Click Here
Old 11-24-2007, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Would 1.0 release mean the actual fully playable game?
Old 11-27-2007, 04:30 AM

Thanks for the news, the idea sounds well organized and promising. A have a few questions for start:

1. Will opensource developers be able to use Linux environment since the first opensource release?
2. Is UML used for design? If not, what is?

Quote:
The connection limit will drive more focus to getting the crtical features taken care of.
3. Good idea, but why exactly 5? Maybe a limit equal to max size of player group + 1 might be better so we can test some issues connected with groups?

Last edited by Richard; 11-27-2007 at 04:35 AM.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:58 AM
SWGEmuContent Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebanutik View Post
I totally disagree. SWG is unique in that you are forgetting one major audience:

Star Wars fans
Old 11-24-2007, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Smart! I'm still gonna do it! ... with 5 people!! lol.. (no really, good idea.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volte View Post
Would 1.0 release mean the actual fully playable game?
indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedak View Post
There is no enough room in this thread for my ego!
We know man. Yes I <3 you that much Nedak!
Old 11-25-2007, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultyma View Post
Hey Everyone.

Over the past few months we have noticed the intensity that once existed for SWG has dwindled to a near halt. We feel that this course of action will lead to the survival and continued success of the first and best Pre-Combat Upgrade Star-Wars Galaxies server.

Comments? Suggestions? Requests?

Post them here.

WHAT?

keep up the good work, give me a server to play and i´ll stay with ya guys till your server goes offline!!!
Old 11-25-2007, 12:31 PM

i just can´t wait to play again...