SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 1.80 average. Display Modes
Old 10-20-2009, 09:44 AM
Developer
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emokho View Post
So yeah, asmuch as it is contradictory what has happend the staff should include hackers, but they shouldn't be given the keys to the kingdom, they should be given limited access with an armed guard ready to shoot at the first sign of something wrong.
And this statement is all we are looking to acheive here.

The "exploitation team" will not receive any server privileges, be recognized as staff, or be allowed to use exploits to grief other players. They will, most certainly, be watched with a careful eye.

We aren't looking to hand out a "free hack all you like pass" to these guys. We are giving those who were extremely helpful in the past, but at some point turned down the wrong path, and have shown remorse, one final chance to clean up. If they fail to do so, they are gone - end of story.

If you guys see someone exploiting/hacking, we expect you to report them, even if you think they are on the "exploitation team". Just please bring evidence to support the claims so we can nail them definitively if they are abusing their chance.

---

On Ashur:
As I have been told, Ashur voluntarily asked to serve a 3 month ban as a good gesture of faith to the community that he really is sorry and wants to clean up. I'm sure some of you think it's all a show; maybe it will turn out that way. I still think he deserves the chance - he was at one point one of the finest testers we have ever had at this project. He simply got mixed up in the wrong crowd with the wrong mindset.

Last edited by cRush; 10-20-2009 at 09:49 AM.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:15 AM

Thanks for your statement Crush!

I, for myself, trust u guys and im sure u will do whats the best for this great project called SWGEmu.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRush View Post

The "exploitation team" will not receive any server privileges, be recognized as staff, or be allowed to use exploits to grief other players. They will, most certainly, be watched with a careful eye.

We aren't looking to hand out a "free hack all you like pass" to these guys. We are giving those who were extremely helpful in the past, but at some point turned down the wrong path, and have shown remorse, one final chance to clean up. If they fail to do so, they are gone - end of story.

If you guys see someone exploiting/hacking, we expect you to report them, even if you think they are on the "exploitation team". Just please bring evidence to support the claims so we can nail them definitively if they are abusing their chance.

---

On Ashur:
As I have been told, Ashur voluntarily asked to serve a 3 month ban as a good gesture of faith to the community that he really is sorry and wants to clean up. I'm sure some of you think it's all a show; maybe it will turn out that way. I still think he deserves the chance - he was at one point one of the finest testers we have ever had at this project. He simply got mixed up in the wrong crowd with the wrong mindset.
srsly?
Old 10-20-2009, 11:22 AM

Ya'rly!
Old 10-20-2009, 11:53 AM
SWGEmuContent Representative

Hasn't this thread gone on long enough? The developers have spoken.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:56 PM

Quote:

On Ashur:
As I have been told, Ashur voluntarily asked to serve a 3 month ban as a good gesture of faith to the community that he really is sorry and wants to clean up.
That Ashur, what a swell guy.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:45 PM

Quote:

---

On Ashur:
a name change?

its good to see him step up , since noone else has when it comes to policy enforced
Old 10-20-2009, 09:34 PM

Quote:
On Ashur:
I'm kind of beating a dead horse, but this is my first post on this thread and thus I have justified it in my own mind.

I was just thinking, though... Anyone want to take a guess at when SC might go live? I don't know... Three months? Four months?

Glad Ashur is doing his time now so he'll have plenty of time to come and test-third party software and other exploits for us on live.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:46 PM

GOGO!! get rid of the baddy hackers woo.

itinarysenate.team-talk.net Join us!
Closed Thread