SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamune View Post
That'd be kind of funny, considering a group of people who did enough damage to **** an entire server to the point of this kind of outrage are still here.
One word: BOOM!
Old 04-27-2010, 04:43 PM

You guys need someone with some experience in running online communities to get involved. Since you've rocked the boat with that little wipe tease, than prematurely pulled out, are you going to do anything else to attempt to stabilize the economy and re-introduce item balance? I mean, with things the far outside of the box going on, at a minimum you are missing out on a lot of testing feedback because some parts of the game do not get touched because they are virtually gated by imbalance.

How about:
  • Delete all of the accounts that obviously duped credits, and have toons with 999,999,999 credits
  • Review any logs associated with those toons, and delete paths of massive credit transfer
  • Remove any and all looted weapons that are outside of the possibility of the standard loot table
  • Delete all weapons that are obviously mutli-sliced, due to their damage range being outside of the possibility of the loot table
  • Delete the accounts of people who openly state they are violating the TOS in spatial, tells, and IRC by talking about: Selling items/credits, Exploiting, Sharing accounts, Duping.

I can't believe that you actually went though with posting that poll, included the phrase "We won't pander to the QQ'ers, they ruined SWG in the first place" and yet you go and do exactly that. Seriously. I go back to my initial statement, you guys need to make an attempt to find someone who has experience running an online community. And you need to get them involved, before you implode your own corner of the internet by jerking people around like this.

Last edited by Rincon; 04-27-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rincon View Post
You guys need someone with some experience in running online communities to get involved. Since you've rocked the boat with that little wipe tease, than prematurely pulled out, are you going to do anything else to attempt to stabilize the economy and re-introduce item balance? I mean, with things the far outside of the box going on, at a minimum you are missing out on a lot of testing feedback because some parts of the game do not get touched because they are virtually gated by imbalance.

How about:
  • Delete all of the accounts that obviously duped credits, and have toons with 999,999,999 credits
  • Review any logs associated with those toons, and delete paths of massive credit transfer
  • Remove any and all looted weapons that are outside of the possibility of the standard loot table
  • Delete all weapons that are obviously mutli-sliced, due to their damage range being outside of the possibility of the loot table
  • Delete the accounts of people who openly state they are violating the TOS in spatial, tells, and IRC by talking about: Selling items/credits, Exploiting, Sharing accounts, Duping.

I can't believe that you actually went though with posting that poll, included the phrase "We won't pander to the QQ'ers, they ruined SWG in the first place" and yet you go and do exactly that. Seriously. I go back to my initial statement, you guys need to make an attempt to find someone who has experience running an online community. And you need to get them involved, before you implode your own corner of the internet by jerking people around like this.
Amen
Old 04-27-2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:

How about:

Amen.

Seriously, you guys can develop a game, you are bringing us (a version of) Pre-CU/NGE SWG, you do it for free (arguably) and I'm thankful and admire your skill in that department. But holy **** you guys have a wicked case of foot-in-mouth disease. What is this, the third controversy in recent memory? And I wasn't even around before it went open source, I don't even want to think what it must have been like back then.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:

How about:

I agree, action should be taken.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:46 PM

Ekowraith makes a good point. If any tampering would have been done it would have been leaning towards the no vote so they can keep their stuff. Also there is no way anyone an say how many votes were tampered in either direction. Even if that's the case YES won by far more than NO did.

Once again the staff of this Emu are incompetent.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:46 PM

Well if you couldn't tell last night by the system messages that they did have a bias against the wipe, now you know.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmar View Post
Well if you couldn't tell last night by the system messages that they did have a bias against the wipe, now you know.
That alone should tell any discerning EMU player everything he needs to know about the use of a wipe.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:47 PM

I gotta' admit, this has all be more fun than grinding the last few boxes of pistol XP on my smuggler.

Damn I hate pistols.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:48 PM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by odwill View Post
Anyone who thinks we don't pay attention to the community is sadly mistaken. We are very grateful for any constructive feedback that is given.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 04-27-2010, 04:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
Best post all day?

I think so.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:52 PM

Sounds like the best decision. Can't please both sides anyway. Lets just go on as if this never happened.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegataco View Post
Sounds like the best decision. Can't please both sides anyway. Lets just go on as if this never happened.
Wouldn't the best decision be the one that pleases the most people? Simply because we cannot come to a consensus does not mean we should defer to the outraged minority.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:53 PM

OMGOMG.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:54 PM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamune View Post
That ship has sailed.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Closed Thread