SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 03:08 PM

the whole thing was farce

now all lets play nice and pamper the frail ego's of those who feel crucified from the bed they made

this isn't the 1st time, and surly will not be the last
Old 04-28-2010, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waa View Post
the whole thing was farce

now all lets play nice and pamper the frail ego's of those who feel crucified from the bed they made

this isn't the 1st time, and surly will not be the last
have you read through the thread? if Not.. then here is the LAST Dev comment..

What Crush wrote:

Quote:
Anyone else notice that those screenshots that are supposedly evidence of a moderator "fixing" the polls actually show more votes being removed from no columns than yes columns? I don't have moderator access to the forums, so can't really see what options are available there, but the difference between the two screenshots is very minimal lol. We are talking about 2-3 votes being removed. Hardly evidence to call things a conspiracy.

As for us ignoring the community - The complete opposite is going on here. Yeah the majority said they would like a wipe, but the majority said they wanted a wipe with blue frogs.

There was a lot more behind the decision - it's not that the whining minority won out. We started thinking about the real effects the blue frogs would have, and realized offering them as a condition of the poll was a mistake.
- Players would have exploited the frogs to become Jedi faster, and it would have taken away some interdependence since everyone could become self sufficient.
- Changing the frogs to guard against these exploits meant changing the terms of condition.
- A third poll was discussed and decided against.
- We felt that if we just left TC the way it was, then it would be the best thing for both parties.

Instead we get crucified and compared to SOE. Come on people.

OR at the current rate is approximately 5 months out. But as always, Developers lives and available time can fluctuate at any given moment, changing the amount of time we have to contribute. Obviously this can drastically affect any ETA. So, yeah, if things stayed the way they had been rolling, I would say 5 months is realistic. I doubt the motivation will be there with all the lynching, but we will see.

P.S. Enjoy the new loot tables.

EMU Suncrusher
TK/Dancer
Roleplay Federation (RFE)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SWG Intrepid RIP
TK/Musician
DEF Entertainment

Old 04-28-2010, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crush
There was a lot more behind the decision - it's not that the whining minority won out. We started thinking about the real effects the blue frogs would have, and realized offering them as a condition of the poll was a mistake.
- Players would have exploited the frogs to become Jedi faster, and it would have taken away some interdependence since everyone could become self sufficient.
- Changing the frogs to guard against these exploits meant changing the terms of condition.
- A third poll was discussed and decided against.
- We felt that if we just left TC the way it was, then it would be the best thing for both parties.
What you're doing is listing "no" points in defense of the decision to ignore the community. Your points have a place: in the dialog and debate that led up to the poll and it's outcome. Despite these hypothetical consequences, an overwhelming majority of voters still favored a wipe.

It would be like if, following the 2008 elections, the Bush administration announced,
"Hey guys. We appreciate all the debate and discussion surrounding this whole election, but ultimately, we decided that a Democrat administration wouldn't be able to properly run the country. After much internal discussion, we have decided to retain control of the executive branch.
-A liberal executive would be likely to drive up the national deficit with immense federal spending.
-A democrat executive would increase the tax burden.
-A democrat president would reduce incentives to work through socializing programs."

Dispute the analogy all you want, but the ultimate point is this: such points were already a part of the debate that led up to the poll/election's turnouts. If these criticisms of a server wipe are true, let the people who voted for it sit with the consequences. Simply restating the minority position and ignoring the majority is senseless.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekowraith View Post
What you're doing is listing "no" points in defense of the decision to ignore the community. Your points have a place: in the dialog and debate that led up to the poll and it's outcome. Despite these hypothetical consequences, an overwhelming majority of voters still favored a wipe.

It would be like if, following the 2008 elections, the Bush administration announced,
"Hey guys. We appreciate all the debate and discussion surrounding this whole election, but ultimately, we decided that a Democrat administration wouldn't be able to properly run the country. After much internal discussion, we have decided to retain control of the executive branch.
-A liberal executive would be likely to drive up the national deficit with immense federal spending.
-A democrat executive would increase the tax burden.
-A democrat president would reduce incentives to work through socializing programs."

Dispute the analogy all you want, but the ultimate point is this: such points were already a part of the debate that led up to the poll/election's turnouts. If these criticisms of a server wipe are true, let the people who voted for it sit with the consequences. Simply restating the minority position and ignoring the majority is senseless.
Except this isn't a democracy and never was. The devs ultimately are the final word decision-wise when it comes to TC. Want to make the decisions yourself, you need your own server. Your analogy = epic fail.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraschman View Post
Except this isn't a democracy and never was. The devs ultimately are the final word decision-wise when it comes to TC. Want to make the decisions yourself, you need your own server. Your analogy = epic fail.
Exactly. Your arguing that this has been undemocratic is quite possibly the best evidence that this process has been unfair.

But suppose a developer banned you because he disagreed with you politically. Would you then choose not to complain, due to the free nature of the SWGEmu? After all, you're entitled to nothing. But at the end of the day, we understand that unfair treatment is unfair treatment.

EDIT: Mistakenly wrote that Kraschman voted against the wipe.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Exactly. Your arguing that this has been undemocratic is quite possibly the best evidence that this process has been unfair.
You realize this is how you are acting?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpSfThUv_pc

EMU Suncrusher
TK/Dancer
Roleplay Federation (RFE)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SWG Intrepid RIP
TK/Musician
DEF Entertainment

Old 04-28-2010, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baigs View Post

OMG I really needed this good laugh ! Thanks Baigs !
Old 04-28-2010, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baigs View Post

I would have to disagree and say he is schooling you quite handily and in a very objective manner.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:16 PM

Quote:

But suppose a developer banned you because he disagreed with you politically. Would you then choose not to complain, due to the free nature of the SWGEmu? After all, you're entitled to nothing. But at the end of the day, we understand that unfair treatment is unfair treatment.

EDIT: Mistakenly wrote that Kraschman voted against the wipe.
Oh I could complain theoretically, but I'd have no power to actually change the result, so it's still moot.

We've playing in the dev's sandbox. We all know this. If we don't like it, we are free to go elsewhere or make our own server like ANH is doing. That's fair. I'm not a dev. I don't nor should I expect to have the same authority as a dev decision-wise. If I wanted it, I'd become a dev. That's fair.

Equality of opportunity does not imply equally of results. Just because everyone doesn't end up the same is not unfair. It's life.

Let's get back to playing and testing.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Let's get back to playing and testing.

99.99999999% of players here don't test.

New loot tables is great, but whats the point when there is a million OP weapons still around. You say "decay will solve that", which makes me laugh.

Yea maybe 2 years from now.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Oh I could complain theoretically, but I'd have no power to actually change the result, so it's still moot.
I don't think we disagree then. It has been thoroughly demonstrated that the community lacks any real power - even when its opinion is solicited under that pretense, and even when ignoring the community perspective is clearly senseless and unjust.

Last edited by Ekowraith; 04-28-2010 at 08:34 PM.
Closed Thread