SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraschman View Post
Sure they would have.

Would it have taken much much longer? Yes. Would they have eventually reached the same point anyway? Of course.

It's still THEIR code and THEIR server. Surely you're not naive enough to believe that having the ability to voice an opinion makes us at all equal to them. It's not a democracy and never was. It's only misleading if you deluded yourself enough to actually believe it ever was. Be thankful we even get a voice...
Lol? How long have you been following the project?
The community has done a lot more than offer its opinion. The devs aren't the only ones gathering the code and if it weren't for the community, the project would have died out along with the old dev team.

You don't like me? Blow me! -Dr. Dre
Old 04-28-2010, 03:21 PM

If the SWGEmu staff is so thin-skinned that they can't recover from a problem that they themselves created, then this project is doomed.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamune View Post
Yeah, OK. Look, I could spell this out in more detail, but since facts aren't going to sway you, I'll try a different approach:

You're arguing about vote-fraud in a poll in which your supported camp WON.
The new negative votes, even illicit ones, did not change the results. Wipe wins.
Assuming you do prove tampering, you've just managed to invalidate results that confirmed your victory. Or in this case, had the entire poll dismissed. You've now cast doubt on the validity of your own team.

Congratulations.

i honestly don't care who wins. i don't pvp, i just recently started to play more than a little bit.
im just relaxing grinding up varios professions.

i don't care if the devs say screw you guys we don't feel like wiping. they are doing the work, they aren't getting paid. i don't care what they do, they have the right.

doesn't change the fact that im right on this subject, there is no other possible explanation. and everytime someone realizes they change the subject and attack a different angle that im not even arguing for(i.e. you just now)
Old 04-28-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendo1972 View Post
as my grandmother always says "quit your gurnin' ya gam****es..." although i believe a wipe would be nice to get the economy back and people can "try" to keep it low it probably wont happen... oh wait... it WONT happen...just like a wipe...
As with some of the other important information they slipped in later, such as the "fixes" involving shutting off the banks and removing harvesters, if they would have let us in on the fact that the OR is potentially 6-months or less from deployment it would have potentially changed the results even more.

Knowing the timeline, I see even less reason to wipe now. Even my "hell yeah!" vote would have moved to the "Not really, but don't care..." column.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:28 PM

I love the people who are predicting mass exits or are threatening to quit themselves. This is a test server with no charges. What do you expect for nothing?

Thank you Devs for providing me with hours of fun.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by safak View Post
doesn't change the fact that im right on this subject, there is no other possible explanation.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamune View Post

in other words,

'i can't win this argument that i started, so ill post a pointless cartoon as a backhanded dig at her to divert the fact of getting owned'

a simple, 'i see your point, you are right and i am wrong' would have been nicer but basicly the same thing
Old 04-28-2010, 03:34 PM

I still support SWGEMU! Go go devs! Forget the QQ'ers
Old 04-28-2010, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mujahed View Post
Lol? How long have you been following the project?
The community has done a lot more than offer its opinion. The devs aren't the only ones gathering the code and if it weren't for the community, the project would have died out along with the old dev team.
Having more lanes on a highway allow more cars to arrive at the destination in a given time, it does not mean that all those cars wouldn't have eventually arrived even on a one-lane road.

They've given a rather detailed explanation of what happened. Short story, they decided frogs were not good despite the vote and chose to continue with the status quo as is their prerogative.

Let's quit arguing about supposed conspiracies and get back to playing and testing eh?
Old 04-28-2010, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Having more lanes on a highway allow more cars to arrive at the destination in a given time, it does not mean that all those cars wouldn't have eventually arrived even on a one-lane road.

They've given a rather detailed explanation of what happened. Short story, they decided frogs were not good despite the vote and chose to continue with the status quo as is their prerogative.

Let's quit arguing about supposed conspiracies and get back to playing and testing eh?
Yes but having more lanes and bigger lanes that allow for more cars where one of those drivers might just have the tools we need to remove that fallen tree on the road, otherwise making it impossible to get to the destination.

Old 04-28-2010, 03:43 PM

I swear this thread reads like old soe forums. and like soe the devs here seemed to ignore the majority and side with the minority whiners. These people would whine if I gave them a $20 bill for nothing cause it wasn't a $50. These are probably some of the same people that whined back at SOE that brought the CU and the start to the end.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mujahed View Post
Yes but having more lanes and bigger lanes that allow for more cars where one of those drivers might just have the tools we need to remove that fallen tree on the road, otherwise making it impossible to get to the destination.
Or you just use a lot of elbow grease and/or time. Your analogy is still flawed.

They'd have gotten where they are now. Without any doubt it would have taken far longer, but arrive they would have.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:51 PM

Last edited by RavenLock; 04-28-2010 at 04:05 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Or you just use a lot of elbow grease and/or time. Your analogy is still flawed.

They'd have gotten where they are now. Without any doubt it would have taken far longer, but arrive they would have.
No?! Why else did they ask the community for help way back and stated they were completely stuck without people helping?

Old 04-28-2010, 03:55 PM

I think the really interesting thing is that I've seen old timers ive never seen before in forums, and some that I havent seen in a long time. Must be a big event indeed. All the best people have been invited.

For good or bad, nice to see all the kids around the fire. LOL.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: