SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 10:30 PM

Can I blame SOE for all of this please?
Old 04-27-2010, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRush View Post
kookaburra, I am having trouble viewing the second screenshot. Please post the full URL.
http://img689.imageshack.us/i/pollam...foreclose.png/

er..it keep cutting off. should be 'pollaminutebeforeclose' where the ...'s are
Old 04-27-2010, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecapn2004 View Post
Why? It's this community's fault for making a complete mockery of those threads and polls. It isn't SOE's fault, it isn't the Devs fault. It's our fault.

Last edited by Shadow2k; 04-27-2010 at 10:33 PM. Reason: edit

I personally appreciate the time and effort all the staff have put into project and community.

If I was to leave this game it would not be because of the possibly of a wipe, the delay in making a decision or even the decision not to use the poll - it was because of the absent respect everyone has shown on the forums to other community members and staff.

Especially the people comparing the SWGEmu Staff to SOE, the SWGEmu staff members were the ones who were probably so annoyed they decided to do the impossible and bring back SWG as we all knew and loved, you guys just made some characters and played a game, the staff probably spent numerous days on code consisting of less lines than this post.
BuffBuff - Doc
Pris - Dancing Tart

Last edited by giffo; 04-27-2010 at 10:33 PM. Reason: speeeeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecapn2004 View Post
SOE is the cause of all problems, unfortunately unlike beer they're not also the solution.

"We probably improved the chicken's quality of life. It got to be in a movie, got to have sex and then we ate it ... I don't have a problem if they test cosmetics on animals. Eyeliner has been important in my life. If 10 chickens have to die to make one drag queen happier, so be it!"

- John Waters

Last edited by Sabbathicus; 04-27-2010 at 10:37 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:33 PM

with faction points bugging players out,..so GCW style pvp is fairly worthless,...one hit weapons,...bloated economy from credit duping,....only pvp that exists is dueling/BHing
if you devs werent gonna take the majority voice with some seriousness you fail
-1 respect
just another reason why this project is even more seeming to be out of reach
what i mean is,..if huge programming teams for SoE couldnt do it right, or had the skills to do it and failed. its hard to have faith in a group of weekend warriors following the same path of not listening to their player base.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:35 PM

*These are not the Devs you are looking for*
Old 04-27-2010, 10:37 PM

ok time for some humor at the staffs expense. AND NO THIS REALLY DIDNT HAPPEN PEOPLE......its just for giggles

Tusken
Roodypooh
Spy
Ichigo
Old 04-27-2010, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-nutz View Post
Mind tricks only work on those who got one.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:38 PM
Retired Game Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-nutz View Post
Good luck finding some others.

You know, maybe you guys should not try to alienate the guys coding the game you want who are trying to make sure we don't do something as drastic as wiping the server based on information we can't verify is completely accurate.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabbathicus View Post
SOE is the cause of all problems, unfortunately unlike beer they're not also the solution.
LUL! thats funny and very true! its also very sad.....:

You people need to stop attack devs.

GO away, do not continue to post on a game forum that you hate. There are people who actually want to see a pre-cu someday do not want faggets like you pissing off the only people who are going to make it happen.

Last edited by cK`; 04-27-2010 at 10:44 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inyri View Post
Good luck finding some others.

You know, maybe you guys should not try to alienate the guys coding the game you want who are trying to make sure we don't do something as drastic as wiping the server based on information we can't verify is completely accurate.
Logic doesn't work in here, sorry.

The conspiracy theories seem to be much more popular.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:41 PM

Personally, I am raging inside that there wasn't a wipe because I get excited for this stuff, but still without the swgemu staff we would even have any of this, pre cu wuldnt even be here, and they have the final say in everything about the server so just everyone stop complaining it's not gonna help anything. I'm sure they have plenty of reason to postpone the wipe, who knows, maybe they have something bigger and better coming sooner that b u think.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:44 PM

Why don't we just kill this thread already? It's completely pointless and I don't see anything but massive e-tears from the community and holier-than-thou drivel from (some) Devs.

Enough is enough.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:44 PM

This is how I see it:

Devs were brainstorming on how to fix some of the server issues. Wipe was tossed around as an idea, but since it isn't a pressing concern on a "dead code" server it was decided that the community would be allowed to decide. "We are impartial to a wipe" "We will not pander to the QQers."

Poll was launched. Community was passionate one way or the other. People called into question the integrity of the poll due to "lack of information" and "possible fraud".

Poll was revised and relaunched. "66% majority needed" well beyond a standard majority. Community was more informed, but still certain questions were raised such as harvesters and banks. Integrity of poll called into question again, this time due to lack of key points "harvesters and banks" and even more prevalent "voter fraud".

In my view, at this point, the staff saw that they had made a mistake, they didn't take every variable into account, like the possible fraud and the few items they (in my opinion, accidentally) omitted. I believe these were honest mistakes (just as cRush stated) they had already reset the poll once so to do so again would be ridiculous.

There are allegations of votes being removed and the only way to do this in vBulletin requires a moderator to my knowledge. Looking at the evidence of the screenshots, that seems to be a possibility, its also possible that it was simply a database error, I have no idea, I'm not versed enough to comment.

Where I feel the whole affair went south is when, after two separate polls had the majority in favor of a wipe the staff decided to just say nevermind. I understand some of the reasons, but all this ended up doing was causing a storm of controversy. I know there would be controversy either way, but the staff continues to put their collective feet in their mouths instead of sticking to their own rules. Some of the other staff went so far as to simply post "Cry" in another thread and locked it.

I again want to reiterate that this staff has profound skill in creating a pre-CU/NGE experience for us, but in my view, they are desperate for a competent and respectful community staff leader/staff members. I pray that when/if Suncrusher and eventually 1.0 is released that many of these staff members don't have a say in how the server is run internally.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: