SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Bi-Weekly Updates

Notices

Bi-Weekly Updates Bi-Weekly Updates are SWGEmu's cornerstone updates, posted every two weeks.

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 01:19 PM
Silco

Wouldnt it be possible to change the player limit since it will be located in the code somewhere or is it one of those things where its in "Engine 3" which isn't editable?
Old 11-26-2007, 01:46 PM

Very Awesome news!

Old 11-26-2007, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silco View Post
Wouldnt it be possible to change the player limit since it will be located in the code somewhere or is it one of those things where its in "Engine 3" which isn't editable?
They are limiting the amount of players so they don't have 300 servers pop up and it end up like Core1 all over again. That limit will be changed when there is a finished product..
Old 11-26-2007, 02:25 PM
Silco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van View Post
They are limiting the amount of players so they don't have 300 servers pop up and it end up like Core1 all over again. That limit will be changed when there is a finished product..
You are missing what I'm asking, I know why there limiting but I'm asking if it is possible to change it because somewhere in the code is where its going to say how many clients it will allow and if its in Core 3 then people can change the cap however Engine 3 isn't going open source and if its in Engine 3 then it can't be changed, I'm asking if the limit code is located in Core 3 or Engine 3
Old 11-26-2007, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Quote:
You are missing what I'm asking, I know why there limiting but I'm asking if it is possible to change it because somewhere in the code is where its going to say how many clients it will allow and if its in Core 3 then people can change the cap however Engine 3 isn't going open source and if its in Engine 3 then it can't be changed, I'm asking if the limit code is located in Core 3 or Engine 3
I'm sure there is, but it will be hidden nicely and encrypted. And I doubt they are going to give anymore details than what they have about it so far.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:54 PM

I actually thought of this a few days ago too.

I suppose it would be built in Engine 3, I'm sure that actual option will be in Core 3's code too but changing it won't do any good unless it's below 5. I'm sure later the engine 3 code sets the CAP of as many players core 3 is allowed to handle.. but if I were to set core 3's code to allow 6 players I'm sure there will be an error as the binaries launch or it will just ignore the 6th slot I told it to make and keep it at 5.

Just my theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedak View Post
There is no enough room in this thread for my ego!
We know man. Yes I <3 you that much Nedak!
Old 11-26-2007, 03:18 PM

wheels within wheels
Old 11-26-2007, 04:35 PM
Seaseman
Administrator

Xiox- you simply can't put that into Core3. It requires engine to run, and engine controls the connections. Putting it into core 3 would just.. do nothing.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:47 PM
Quality Assurance Business Leader
Quality Assurance

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaseme View Post
Will crafting be in the open source?
The packets and necessary and relative information will be there, but it will not be implemented. Someone will have to do that.
Pardon but could you clarify on this? I'm a Crafter and this shook me a little.

What do you mean the packs and such are "there" but won't be implmented..someone will have to do it?

I'm not sure what this means. It sounds like the the code is all ready, but the plan is not to implement it on the Test Server.

Please explain.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:58 PM
Seaseman
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorrianna View Post
Pardon but could you clarify on this? I'm a Crafter and this shook me a little.

What do you mean the packs and such are "there" but won't be implmented..someone will have to do it?

I'm not sure what this means. It sounds like the the code is all ready, but the plan is not to implement it on the Test Server.

Please explain.
The code is NOT ready. There is no code for it, besides what is on the dummy server. SOmeone will have to program crafting after we go open source. Like I said, we're putting all relevant and necessary packets and documentation in with OS.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:29 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

I wouldn't be too shaken Lorrianna. This news gives you and everyone a greater chance of seeing crafting completed sooner. It may sound like a step back, but it's potentially a great leap forward.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaika forge View Post
I wouldn't be too shaken Lorrianna. This news gives you and everyone a greater chance of seeing crafting completed sooner. It may sound like a step back, but it's potentially a great leap forward.
QFE
Old 11-26-2007, 07:55 PM

Hey, I don't post much (maybe first post even? I'm not sure), but just wanted to say thanks to the devs and all contributors for the ongoing work on this. I played swg back in the day, probably not as hardcore as many here, but I still really enjoyed it and would love to 'have the old SWG back'. Thanks again for all the time and hard work. I think the move to open it up to the public and allow all to help is a good move and probably the only way if this is ever going to get done.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:14 PM
Quality Assurance Business Leader
Quality Assurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaseme View Post
The code is NOT ready. There is no code for it, besides what is on the dummy server. SOmeone will have to program crafting after we go open source. Like I said, we're putting all relevant and necessary packets and documentation in with OS.

Ok I'm tracking now. Thanks for the quick clarification on that.

/bow
Old 11-27-2007, 04:30 AM

Thanks for the news, the idea sounds well organized and promising. A have a few questions for start:

1. Will opensource developers be able to use Linux environment since the first opensource release?
2. Is UML used for design? If not, what is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
The connection limit will drive more focus to getting the crtical features taken care of.
3. Good idea, but why exactly 5? Maybe a limit equal to max size of player group + 1 might be better so we can test some issues connected with groups?

Last edited by Richard; 11-27-2007 at 04:35 AM.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: