SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 03:47 AM
Retired Community Deputy Director

That's not a dupe, don't worry. It's just a broken mechanic.
Old 07-18-2009, 04:20 AM

QFT Max its a big shame that some people are trying to spoil this for others, you should put these players on the bounty mission terminals and anyone should be able to pick up the bounty so like 30 players can camp the exploiters corpse lol

Imaep Sunstrider
Master rifleman/ Swordsman
former Euro-Infinity
former member of POE

I believe in keeping things simple....
Old 07-18-2009, 05:54 AM

Find them and shame them.....
Old 07-18-2009, 07:59 AM

Wish they had the "Kahonas" to come on this thread, fess-up and appologize but i guess if they're not mature enuf to not do it in the first place then they certainly arent man/woman enuf to take responsibility.

The really sad part is this thread prolly excites them...

PS> whats up with the tags on this thread lol

Last edited by Chayn; 07-18-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:43 AM

perma-tag them: (Exploiter)
Old 07-18-2009, 01:07 PM

I know this probably won't happen but you could perma-change their in-game titles to (I Suck) and other things of that sort... I'd lawl...

Old 07-18-2009, 02:47 PM

Dupe?

I found this bug that creates resources is that a dupe? and if so, how do I report it?
Old 07-18-2009, 03:01 PM
Quality Assurance Manager
ManagerQuality Assurance

Spector, you can report bugs here. Please note you will need to register for a separate account since it is not tied to the forums and make sure to use the search tool before submitting a new report. Thanks!

Xavia@swgemu.com | eSupport
Helpful Links | Status List & Reporting Bugs
SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source project.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja_Cadillac View Post
I know this probably won't happen but you could perma-change their in-game titles to (I Suck) and other things of that sort... I'd lawl...
It took me like 5 min to get to your post, your darn michael phelps is a monster gif is VERY attention attracting.

That being said, I kinda like that idea, at least we know who not to invite to dancer groups and buff/heal.

Edit: What are with these page tags? bunnies!, jello, monday mornings, tellitubbies? Huh....

Last edited by thescroll; 07-18-2009 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Weirds stuff IS afoot
Old 07-18-2009, 11:35 PM

I'm glad you asked this, because I was wondering the same thing. I didn't sell any crates, but when I crafted in Practice Mode, and got a crate of 25 pistols, the first thing that went through my mind was, "I wonder how many people are crafting these crates, then selling all of them for 10k each?"

So what exactly are these people doing? I'm curious. Also, knowing what they do will help me to be able to report anyone I notice doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescroll View Post
I have a question that relates partially to this (dupped/bugged items part). I was never much of a crafter in the pre-cu, so I am not sure now how it was supposed to work with practice mode.

Anyways, I have found that in crafting certain objects (such as wind survey tools, or crafting tools) and I select Practice Mode, it will create a stack of 25 items, all in a factory crate. The survey tool seemed to be functional, but the crafting tool was not.

Now I ask, are these considered bugged/dupped items that would constitute 'cheating'? Because I had put up 2 crates for a low instant sale on the bazaar, not knowing whether or not it was normal or not. If it is, I apologize to the people who bought the crates, and it was never my intentions to spread malignant items.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:36 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

No need to report that, again it's a flawed mechanic, not an exploit. Because there's no real economy as this stage, we're not enforcing it.

Thanks for your concern though.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_$USER View Post
I'm glad you asked this, because I was wondering the same thing. I didn't sell any crates, but when I crafted in Practice Mode, and got a crate of 25 pistols, the first thing that went through my mind was, "I wonder how many people are crafting these crates, then selling all of them for 10k each?"

So what exactly are these people doing? I'm curious. Also, knowing what they do will help me to be able to report anyone I notice doing it.
I did that for swoops before the last wipe. Got boring after the first million creds
Although I did sell mine for 5 or 10k
Anyway be careful what you buy. Swoops really aren't worth the full 20k

Also if you log out and log in the old crates will be useless, you will not be able to draw anything from them.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:03 AM

I say just do a server wipe. Then they lose all their items
Old 07-19-2009, 01:04 AM

I really don't understand why stupid people always have to ruin it for the good.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:12 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Dear Community,

There are times when I am very proud of the brotherhood shown by the TC-Community in particular. However, today is not one of those days.

Anyone who thinks it will be "fun" to exploit our systems, or even worse are egotistical enough to think they won't be caught needs to know now that any hacking, exploiting or taking advantage of our systems or permissions will be met with permanent project blacklists.

Some members also find it funny to "con" their way around the galaxy trading duped and bugged items. I advise all honest players to be on the look out for these dupers and their trades, if you don't know them, ask around. We will ban all dupers - and we WILL find you.

I also ask all Jedi to keep their light-sabers to themselves. It is totally inappropriate to exploit any bugs in light-saber equipping in the way they currently are. If you're not a jedi and have a light-saber, I'm sure you're very proud.

Some people around here need to wake up and smell the flowers. This project does not operate for the titillation of a few thugs. It's so much bigger than those who are taking advantage of us as they currently are. If ever there was a reason that all of our developers would throw down their tools and give up, it would be because of rabble like this. Think about what they're up to at the moment - a major overhaul of Core3, a whole jedi system, events, fixing bugs.... Those who think that they can take that for granted and abuse it, I say this to you: "This project will never be for you, and you don't deserve any of the time put towards your enjoyment."

Good day.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:
Quote:
Pro Pisser-Offer
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: