SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-04-2007, 09:34 PM

Super stuff. Information is everything. This type of thing is great....

I hope the next top 10 will have crafting

Nice work guys.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:35 PM

i really like the direction the devs are going in with this update . Personally I think this is what hte community needed this is good communication between the Devs and COmmunity.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:18 PM

Thanks SWGEmu I am quite glad and i like to hear even a little (event if its a hi and were going on) every week
Old 04-04-2007, 10:24 PM

Wow, It is great to hear this stuff!
Very impressive, as usual, guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaseme_eXiled View Post
There's been a group of guys patrolling the NGE logging every static NPC they see. We have 2500 + of them, and a few others have finished with the creature database, and NPCs are on the verge of being finished. I will finish it this week now that I have some time.
Hey, I just wanted to chime in on this...
I know that the Mos Eisley Cantina (As one example) was revamped as far as NPC's and such... rather disappointingly (Another anti-improvement on their part).
I think it happened first during the CU, but it may have been before... can't remember...
Anyway, that is one place that I know the NPC's were messed around with and basically they took a lot of them out and arranged them differently.

It always bothered me, because heading into Mos Eisley Cantina was one of the first things I did in SWG at Launch and I was so blown away about being in that place as such a huge Star Wars fan, hehe.

So, I would suggest getting some Star Wars fans on the team to figure out exactly what NPC's should go where in there to make it better resemble the movie scene (As it was in the original SWG).
I think the furniture may have even been moved around, but I'm not quite positive on that one.

Eek... that took me too many words to say that... basically... SOE F'd up the NPC's in Mos Eisely Cantina and you should come up with some better placements than what they have there now (NGE).

Thanks for everything!
Old 04-04-2007, 10:41 PM

great work
this kind of information is what i like
good stuff
very informative

anyway....if this isnt a weekly update...is it just an update....and are there gonna be weekly updates?
Old 04-04-2007, 10:52 PM

Thanks for the Update, exactly what was needed, and will have asnwerd so many questions for everybody
Old 04-04-2007, 10:57 PM
Seaseman
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by feroxfire View Post
great work
this kind of information is what i like
good stuff
very informative

anyway....if this isnt a weekly update...is it just an update....and are there gonna be weekly updates?
yes.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:07 PM

Great to see the information!! Hearing how it is progressing is a HUGE treat,keep it coming.

Also good to hear alot of time is being spent on how the code is setup for the best server possible.

Keep up the good work!
Old 04-04-2007, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmaddaSzool View Post
Wow, It is great to hear this stuff!
Very impressive, as usual, guys!

Hey, I just wanted to chime in on this...
I know that the Mos Eisley Cantina (As one example) was revamped as far as NPC's and such... rather disappointingly (Another anti-improvement on their part).
I think it happened first during the CU, but it may have been before... can't remember...
Anyway, that is one place that I know the NPC's were messed around with and basically they took a lot of them out and arranged them differently.

It always bothered me, because heading into Mos Eisley Cantina was one of the first things I did in SWG at Launch and I was so blown away about being in that place as such a huge Star Wars fan, hehe.

So, I would suggest getting some Star Wars fans on the team to figure out exactly what NPC's should go where in there to make it better resemble the movie scene (As it was in the original SWG).
I think the furniture may have even been moved around, but I'm not quite positive on that one.

Eek... that took me too many words to say that... basically... SOE F'd up the NPC's in Mos Eisely Cantina and you should come up with some better placements than what they have there now (NGE).

Thanks for everything!
They could of done so much more with NPC's than having random generic titles nobody uses and having no purpose except to fill up cities.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:23 PM

Great news all around.

I compiled a three ring binder with every single weapon, the resources needed, in what quantity, with the most desired resource quality, in 2004 while i was a Master Weaponsmith. I'll definitely put my info in the wiki whenever it's up and running if need be.

Really cool Q&A. The only thing better than this is T&A.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:28 PM

Thumbs up

This was a fantastic idea and has charged me up big time again.

Thanks for doing such a great job with it and for taking the time.

Old 04-04-2007, 11:46 PM

Thanks on the update!

"MÃy God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't. - General Patton -*
Old 04-05-2007, 12:23 AM

Thank you for sharing all this, and great work.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:37 AM

Base stats

I may be wrong but are the base stats available in the original star wars guide? Ill dig mine up, just a thought.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:37 AM

Thank you guys for spreading some light for us, i know it takes time off coding, but it helps the community relax about whats happening