SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zumanity View Post
And you guys fail to realize even if they DID wipe, the OR server wouldnt be ready so we would just be playing on a test center all over again. That would be a waste of time and the people who worked hard for what they have would likely quit playing, therefore no more donations.
FYI, the OR will also be a test bed, on a test server, once it is complete 'enough'. Long way to go still.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odwill View Post
What we now realize is it may cause more damage then good in the end.

The SWGEmu Team.
I think we should have a poll about that

Default auction rules unless specified different in OP:
Runs for 48 hours ** No new bidders in the last 15 minutes ** 15/15 snipe-rule ** Leave your IGN
Old 04-28-2010, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlonB View Post
I think we should have a poll about that
then make one.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy09 View Post
then make one.
That one completely went by you ... didn't it ...

Default auction rules unless specified different in OP:
Runs for 48 hours ** No new bidders in the last 15 minutes ** 15/15 snipe-rule ** Leave your IGN
Old 04-28-2010, 05:23 AM

Its demonotcracy.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:43 AM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by odwill View Post
Therefore, due to voting disparities with new accounts, adverse affect on the community of the polling process, and unaddressed issues, we are calling off the poll and the possibility of a wipe.
I dont care if the TC is wiped or not but I strongly believe if you make a poll you should stand by the poll results: 63% people agree with the wipe and 36% disagrees. Now you say you are calling off the poll, what means to me that no matter what people say, only how loud they cry.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cidfadon View Post
I dont care if the TC is wiped or not but I strongly believe if you make a poll you should stand by the poll results: 63% people agree with the wipe and 36% disagrees. Now you say you are calling off the poll, what means to me that no matter what people say, only how loud they cry.
Well, If it was 63% yes, they state before hand that to wipe would require a 2/3 vote; meaning 66%. So if it was 63% to 36% there would still be no wipe...
Old 04-28-2010, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letesh View Post
Well, If it was 63% yes, they state before hand that to wipe would require a 2/3 vote; meaning 66%. So if it was 63% to 36% there would still be no wipe...
Yes, if they want 2/3 then is OK to don't wipe the server, but I'm quite afraid of people playing too serious a TC can be a problem for testing new things.

Last edited by cidfadon; 04-28-2010 at 06:09 AM.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cidfadon View Post
Yes, if they want 2/3 then is OK to don't wipe the server, but I'm quite afraid of people playing too serious a TC can be a problem to testing new things.
I was trying to point out that percentages dont matter lol.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letesh View Post
It was 66.95% at the time of closing, vs a majority 66% threshold. And that was with a- literally- last second flood of additional "No, but I don't care" votes.

The "conspiracy theories" about vote tampering are idiotic, but also pointless- even if Diebold was running the poll, the results started very high in favor of a clean slate and never dropped below 66%.

I was among the 'yes' votes, but it's pretty clear that members of the Emu Staff were against the wipe. Their votes should weigh quite a bit heavier than ours. It is their ball.

Last edited by Lamune; 04-28-2010 at 11:34 AM.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:48 AM

Ok guys here what will happen after the wipe:
1-The harvesters are removed so will have to sample the resources with your hands.
2-Due to the harvester's absence the mineral will be in small stock and short supply, so you will not find anyone selling them for 10cpu or like i see now.
3-The speeders drink the resources like water so no one will make it with sweet heart.
4-You wont buy speeders from the bazaar for 20k ever again, the cheapest one with be more than 50k (i prefer to sell resources in raw rather than selling speeders for 50k lol)
5-Well everything connected with the resources will fly in the air and most of us will not be able to make it.
6-Bank dispose disabled so you have to make and alt to stack your stuff, then how many character we need if the bank can carry 100 items and toon can carry 80 only (make your calculation and see it by your self).
7-The dupers, cheaters, exploiters and who ever there names is (damn them they ruining everything) will stop there activities due to the new anti hack system for while till the thing calms and most forget about them, after month or so they will regain there work and we will see a lot of stuff that shouldn't be here in the first place resurface and the auctions goes for those crazy prices again, again and again...................... it will not end till another wipe and another and another.
8-And here we go again, people will show up "WE NEED WIPE!!!!!!" another Vicious circle that wont end!!!!!.
9-The OR will retarded because of the nonsense and the things will stay in same place rather than moving forward.
So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE guys be considering the devs decision, they haven't take it so lightly and without thinking about consequences, they have an idea in there minds i know.
"Be patient obi wan solution to this problem is here some where" Qui Gon Jinn
Sorry for my bad talk and thanks for reading.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:05 AM

Wipe idea was shot down so really no point continuing talking about all this anyways. What's done is done.

In the end, sooner or later; exploiting will have to be addressed and not shoved under the carpet.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:51 AM

Lets make everything equal and give everyone a kajillion creds.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:15 AM

letting ppl exploit now during testing makes sense to me. its easier to find the exploits when you know where to look. besides no matter what system is in place, bugs will show up and will need to be fixed.

and personally regardless of how you feel the ppl working on this game seem to be working hard and doing what they can, this isnt SOE or Lucas Arts, give them some credit instead of complaining this free game isnt how you want it.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:35 AM
Retired Community Deputy Director

lol...
Closed Thread