SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News

Notices

Community News Community Bulletins, Service downtimes and minor announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgottensun View Post
Since forum & in-game bans are linked, does this mean that all the people who were banned in the past 3 months are now unbanned?
Yes.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracaris View Post
Yes.
I'm still getting a banned message when I try to login to the login server.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:23 PM

In NOVA all accs are working
ty for notice
Old 09-17-2010, 08:38 PM

i had to re register twice, but everything is ok. all of my characters are there on nova.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:52 PM

Hi,

My character (loboso) was wiped. I'm not sure if my re-registering is going to appear as multiple accounts.

Just in case.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Good morning everyone,

Around 7am EST on Wednesday 15th September, a database error occured which culminated in the loss of all forum accounts. As a result, we have had to roll back all user accounts to their state on June 4th 2010. No other areas / functions have been disrupted - all posts, threads, PMs etc are as they were when you last saw them.

You will be unable to log in if you registered your account after June 4th 2010. Unfortunately you will need to register a new one. Please note that any posts you have made on your previous account will still exist, they will simply come up as from a guest account under your name.

If you registered BEFORE June 4th 2010 and are still having trouble logging in, it is likely that you have changed your password since then. Try using your password from June if you remember it, or use the “Forgot my password” function. If you are still unable to login using your old email / password, please contact us through the support@swgemu.com email and we will get you a new password (or do our best to help you out!)

We’re extremely sorry about any harm that has been done. It was unforeseeable, and to combat this in the future, we will be significantly stepping up our server backups to (at least) weekly cycles.

Kind regards, and sincere apologies
Is it Possible to put this on a page accessable to people that lost their account. I spent the last 3 days worried that I was baned for some unknown reason. I am sure others might have the same problem.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:34 AM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GammerTag View Post
Is it Possible to put this on a page accessable to people that lost their account. I spent the last 3 days worried that I was baned for some unknown reason. I am sure others might have the same problem.
It is accessible, you can see the "Community News" section even if you dont have an account.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 09-19-2010, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
It is accessible, you can see the "Community News" section even if you dont have an account.
No doubt bro, all I ment by that post is to have a special section on the front page. atleast for a few weeks. I would hate to see some of the community leave just because they didn't happen to check the right forum. When it happened to me I emailed community@swgemu.com and still no responce. I just happend to be at a buddies house and made an account for him. I just happened to come across this thread while I was checking on the OR status.

Its just a shame that I happened to lose my MDancer/MMusician buffbot, weapon/clothing/tapes for different characters that poof is just gone.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:51 AM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GammerTag View Post
No doubt bro, all I ment by that post is to have a special section on the front page. atleast for a few weeks. I would hate to see some of the community leave just because they didn't happen to check the right forum. When it happened to me I emailed community@swgemu.com and still no responce. I just happend to be at a buddies house and made an account for him. I just happened to come across this thread while I was checking on the OR status.

Its just a shame that I happened to lose my MDancer/MMusician buffbot, weapon/clothing/tapes for different characters that poof is just gone.
I doubt anyone is going to bother with that.

NOVA will be wiped soon, we are moving to new forums, and we will be registering again. No point in adding something to a front page that is was even disabled for a while because it was outdated (i have no idea why they enabled it again).

I understand where you are coming form, but its just not worth the trouble.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 09-19-2010, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
I doubt anyone is going to bother with that.

NOVA will be wiped soon, we are moving to new forums, and we will be registering again. No point in adding something to a front page that is was even disabled for a while because it was outdated (i have no idea why they enabled it again).

I understand where you are coming form, but its just not worth the trouble.
I have been away from the end of august thinking the OR was coming at the beginning of September and haven't been keeping up with the forums. Has there been a new update thread.

You said that we are moving to a new forum and have to create new accounts. Alittle comfused...we won't be coming to SWGEMU.COM anymore after OR or are they just going to be wiping the slate clean on here and remaking the website?
Old 09-19-2010, 10:36 AM

I can't wait until the new forums and I'll once again be even with vlada... (Even though I was never really even with him to begin with, other than unlocking before him and having 75 badges before him, oh wait he doesnt have that. OH YEAH!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasme's Mom @ Dasme
You need to take a shower.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:57 AM

Okay lets worry about rolling back forum accounts, and not progressing on the server!
Old 12-27-2010, 01:50 PM

Haha, almost thought we did have one when I saw [New], whew!

IGN: Wyon Ayap <NUA> | ALT: Tavor Afan <NUA> | ALT: NUA Crafter <NUA>
(Master Bounty Hunter)
(Master Pikemen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1tmac View Post
It's human nature to segregate and compete. Hell if you put more than 3 of us in a room together, we start making up reasons to kill each other. Sad isn't it?
Old 12-27-2010, 11:45 PM

OMG and i thought Dame was slow this takes the cake.

p.s. j/k dame
Lilero
Diklo

Remember the key to winning all games is DONT DIE
Old 12-28-2010, 12:31 AM
Communications Team Manager
CommunicationsManagerAdministrator

Old news, needs no further posting.

Former SWG Carbineer Correspondent from pre-CU through the NGE
Iebas Feania on Chilastra Master Architect/Carbineer/Creature Handler

| SWGEmu FAQ | A Newbie's Guide to SWGEmu! | Launchpad Enhanced | How to be a SWGEmu Beta Tester | Profession Forums |
SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.

Closed Thread