SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average. Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
Or there's Opera Unite.

I find it an interesting concept. I've played around with it a little, but nothing in depth. Anyone else?
I have recently been learning more about Opera's newest features since 10.1 but nothing to in depth as of yet....nice to see another Opera fan in the house however
Old 12-07-2009, 10:06 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

This is correct. We shut down the stream due to a few reasons. First, the provider was iffy at best. Too much money for too new a host, and subsequently problems crept up. Second, as the latest patch caught on, less and less people were idling and listening, so donations tanked, and the burden was solely on one person to pay hosting.

Opera is an interesting concept, I'll look into that for sure. If anyone else has some suggestions, by all means. EMURadio can live again!

One love.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:25 PM
Retired Event Coordinator

I use Opera Unite and I must say, it is a very neat thing. The media player would be practical for the emu radio. The only requirement is that the DJ has to have opera open and unite on for it to work. The media player plays music in a playlist style, the only issue is you can see the whole playlist and play any song you want. Check it out http://unite.opera.com/en_us/. Also, the part is it doesnt cost you one dime.

EDIT: Also, if you a certain playlist up, you can export it to a m3u file and play it on a a media player without the need for the browser to be open.

Regards,
Tow'lin Tow

Last edited by Tow'lin; 12-09-2009 at 12:32 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:45 PM

We played around with it the other night, it's pretty cool. Only thing concerned about is limited up bandwidth. Someone with say only 1up will be splitting that out amongst all listeners and everything else they're doing on the net.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:22 AM

If you are still looking for DJ, I have a few demos I would like to play for you.

Demo 1

Demo 2

Old 12-29-2009, 05:57 AM

here are a few ads on Kajidic.com....

Thank you Josey for all your hard work.

P.S. I have also tried to post on EMURadio, but I am not getting access to the forums or they would be posted over there too.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tow'lin View Post
I use Opera Unite and I must say, it is a very neat thing. The media player would be practical for the emu radio. The only requirement is that the DJ has to have opera open and unite on for it to work. The media player plays music in a playlist style, the only issue is you can see the whole playlist and play any song you want. Check it out http://unite.opera.com/en_us/. Also, the part is it doesnt cost you one dime.

Gonna go ahead and agree with ya here bud...Ive been spending the last few weeks getting familiar with Unite and am thoroughly enjoying Opera's newest addition. Hit me up-> rebel_scum@operamail.com for my fellow opera community members. Here is the link to my Unite home page as well.

The playlist style does kind of hinder the actual "DJ" aspect I imagine...as for the bandwith concern Ek, perhaps a field test amongst the #emuradio crew might be in order, that is if your not already 3 steps ahead of me ...

Last edited by Emerzon; 01-14-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:43 PM

hi this sounds neat i cant wait to hear more radio action.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dradle View Post
P.S. I have also tried to post on EMURadio, but I am not getting access to the forums or they would be posted over there too.
Thanks for your postings. Because the stream is down, and we lack a dedi userbase at this time, we forced manual activation of accounts for now, to prevent any pesky bots from invading us. I'll get over there and clean things up asap tho.

Thanks again.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:07 PM

Everyone EmuRadio is still up and running. The listen link is here http://www.loudcity.com/stations/emuradio/tune_in . The website on the bottom portion will say it is not found, but if someone is DJing you are still able to hear it if you look at the top bar and click play, or choose on of the clients to open it on.

If you want to talk with the DJs go to the SWGEmu IRC and go to #emuradio. Always people in there.

-Z-

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: