SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-28-2009, 11:18 PM

I can't connect

Was finally able to log into SwgEmu. However, for 2 days was bugged with that stange Mustafar connection screen. The original post was not a troll....simply posting info for ineterest by anyone who cares.....

unlocked a Jedi slot way before NGE came along, so hardly a noob, as have played SWG since launch in 2003.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkforcepowerrs View Post
Was finally able to log into SwgEmu. However, for 2 days was bugged with that stange Mustafar connection screen. The original post was not a troll....simply posting info for ineterest by anyone who cares.....

unlocked a Jedi slot way before NGE came along, so hardly a noob, as have played SWG since launch in 2003.
Dark, follow that link in the post above yours. That story/backscreen was created by one of our own community as part of a little competition.

Current Characters: Mara Mou (Commando); Guryon Gearmaker (M-Artisan/Armoursmith/Tailor); Delicious (TKA/Ranger/CH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aire0n View Post
Yep I have a legit copy as well. I can take a screenshot of me holding the cd case and the cds if you want rofl.
Simple Guide for Newbies to Pre-CU
Old 09-29-2009, 03:29 AM

Damn, server just go down? I was 3k unarmed xp from Smuggler =( Oh well, tomorrow I guess.

[edit] Erm, nm, one of those weird things where I was disconnected for no reason. Didn't get kicked out of Vent, so don't think it was network, hmm
Old 09-29-2009, 09:22 AM

Well what's even more frustrating is the craracter creation process. By the time there's an open spot you finally get into creation, but then when you want to connect, it's either offline or too crowded and you just sit there thinking, what can it be. Going in the character creation process for the 15th time is quite annoying.

But sure,Wen Talross, we'll relax. I'll throw a party. and who knows, some day.

:-D
Old 09-29-2009, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SetsunaNexus View Post
Well what's even more frustrating is the craracter creation process. By the time there's an open spot you finally get into creation, but then when you want to connect, it's either offline or too crowded and you just sit there thinking, what can it be. Going in the character creation process for the 15th time is quite annoying.

But sure,Wen Talross, we'll relax. I'll throw a party. and who knows, some day.

:-D
Good idea

2 questions.

a.) Where is my invite?
b.) You're paying for my plane ticket, right?

Edit: 1010 people, how epic!

Last edited by Wen Talross; 09-29-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:28 AM

im just curious, maybe this is the wrong place to ask, but ..

how often is the server going down per day, is there any particular scedule? or is it just goin down when it "needs" to be rebooted? cuz strangely almost everytime i log in after a short period of time it says "server shutting down in 30 seconds",... i guess im just having bad luck on this,...

edit:
atm the login server appears to be offline too
Old 09-29-2009, 09:44 AM

No, no schedule... just whenever there's a problem, fix, addition, tweak ready, etc...
Old 09-29-2009, 04:03 PM

Over 1000 people on right now!
Old 09-29-2009, 07:39 PM

congrats on another milestone reached! 1000+ users awesome job well done!
Old 09-30-2009, 11:17 AM

Anyone else having a hard time logging in today? It kinda seems like the deadlock, just never connects. Been trying for a while, it may just be to many people and on and I can't get in, not sure. It just seems a little weird considering it usually only takes a few mins at most. If its not a problem I guess I'll just wait to get on like everyone else.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:23 AM

Yes, I am having trouble also. I thought that the server was capped, but it's a school/business day, so what would the server be doing capped? Do people play Emu from work or something?

Yeah, I'm having trouble too.

XBOX LIVE tag- Roaring Turttle

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GO GO POWER STAFF-TEAM! In MMO world, STAFF=GOD
Old 09-30-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
Yes, I am having trouble also. I thought that the server was capped, but it's a school/business day, so what would the server be doing capped? Do people play Emu from work or something?

Yeah, I'm having trouble too.
maaayyybeeee.....
Old 09-30-2009, 11:51 AM

iv been trying to connect for a half hour no luck. it might be a server cap at like 520 but idk. last night was crazy with 1k+ people on.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:53 AM

Server is fine as I'm on right now.
Just capped.

The shared bandwidth must be stressed to death by all the customers using it at this moment, I guess.

If it's capped, there is a reason, I don't think the devs would cap it for the fun or just to annoy you.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayliaah View Post
Server is fine as I'm on right now.
Just capped.

The shared bandwidth must be stressed to death by all the customers using it at this moment, I guess.

If it's capped, there is a reason, I don't think the devs would cap it for the fun or just to annoy you.
I positively agree with you as far as STAFF integrity. I must say it is annoying, though, to sit here and wait when I was hoping to spend all afternoon fighting, grinding, and seeking "rumors," wherever the freak that dispenses them is at.

XBOX LIVE tag- Roaring Turttle

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GO GO POWER STAFF-TEAM! In MMO world, STAFF=GOD
Closed Thread