SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 03:44 PM

Too bad it got so ugly. The Devs tried to give people a chance to speak out and people really ended up getting really nasty to each other. Some people really took this too personally.

Norma- Battle Master.
Shimale- MID.
Duchess- A big hairy wookiee.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:47 PM

It's just a game people. A good one but a game none the less.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:52 PM

Were to start what to say lol
Damage done i think.
lets hope the game survives this ...
voted for the wipe btw 2years plus playing on and off
Old 04-27-2010, 03:48 PM

I'm really suprised in the decision, this is a big blow to their credibility for me.

I understand the position the devteam is in regarding the OR. The TC at the moment is deprecated and is here more for indirect testing - but there have been problems:

Duping is leading to a horribly imbalanced playing field. This has seriously affected the game environment for me (and the majority of players looking at the polls).

Why would you let this go on if you are dedicated to a good game environment? Why should people even bother with a lot of professions with the current issues (duping, loot)?

This could severly effect the community's perception of the devteams attitude. It is a test server granted, but it's also an outlet for the community to play the game they love until OR is ready and discover new bugs and problems (like the ones that need to be addressed).
Old 04-27-2010, 03:48 PM

Lmfao!

The Truth, is limitless in its range
if you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse it could Hurt
Old 04-27-2010, 04:21 PM

The bottom line is it doesn't help them roll out a finished version any sooner. It would have made things more enjoyable for a lot of people who are playing right now, but the test center isn't built for playing. If the devs think the right thing is to not spend their time with a wipe then thats what is best.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chajomi View Post
The bottom line is it doesn't help them roll out a finished version any sooner. It would have made things more enjoyable for a lot of people who are playing right now, but the test center isn't built for playing. If the devs think the right thing is to not spend their time with a wipe then thats what is best.
NO.

The bottom line is.. they said one thing and did the opposite. If they weren't prepared to follow through with whatever the results came out as, they should've left it the heII alone.

A complete loss of any credibility.

Speaking about starting the polls in the first place.. never mind the screwed with results.

Last edited by Yhor; 04-27-2010 at 04:30 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:50 PM

can someone show me how to dupe so i can have uber weapons and holo's
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizmull View Post
can someone show me how to dupe so i can have uber weapons and holo's
Why not just buy them for RL money, use Google FFS.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 04-27-2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
Why not just buy them for RL money, use Google FFS.
trying to stick to the rules killed 15 smc cw two nights ago and the best thing i looted was a comp helmet with 33% of rest on it lol
Old 04-27-2010, 03:51 PM

Can't say some of us didn't tell you so...

IGN Vanzz
Old 04-27-2010, 03:51 PM

Still we know the devs are watching and moderating posts so why don't they have the guts to answer why they decided to go against the popular vote?

Regardless of the outcome, we need to focus on the real problem, other than our inability to have a civil discussion without attacking each other. Pretty sad. These dupes won't go away with a wipe and I hope that more measures will be implemented to punish dupers. Unless they can come up with some super code that blows dupers up as soon as they dupe, we are going to have to rely on people reporting dupers and hoping they get punished.

Norma- Battle Master.
Shimale- MID.
Duchess- A big hairy wookiee.

My "no" vote was for selfish reasons,I never got to play when SWG first came out I had only played the SOE SWG which is a dog. So I was really enjoying progression of my toon and didn't want to stop and restart. Know this is only a test server and not the full game and as such wipes can happen anytime and I would have been back next day hitting the grind again.I dont hold with cheating in any form and cant see how running around a game telling anyone who will listen I have the best of everthing in the game would have any satisfaction!

You know, I could understand calling off the wipe with the controversy of possible vote fraud if it was a simple majority vote. A 50/50.

However, this vote already required heavy padding (66%) to pass. And it did. Even plus or minus a few percent, the majority of the community desired a wipe, and this is ignored?

Last edited by belgerath; 04-27-2010 at 04:00 PM.
Closed Thread