SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold47525 View Post
I don't own duped items/credits either and can't effort some things I'd like to get, good armor, better weapon, Mineral Mining Installations, medium Tatooine house... Do you hear me moan about?

With all half done the economy would just move up again to the screwed state we already have. Much sooner because some credit consuming items would have left out.
BTW, I did play on the NGE lately, they have a fully set up economy with all the things we don't have by now which take the credits out of the system. If you think the prices here on the TC are insane, visit FarStar and see what some poeople charge for a noob CDEF Pistol.

Had put up 10 Swoops (2402HP) yesterday and just catched one buying all in a row and resold it for 14,5k. Should say it all. It isn't the economy that is broken, it's the poor attitude of some griefers that is screwing the economy.
Wipe or no wipe, that wouldn't change a thing unless you'll be able to wipe that poor attitude.
Someone paid you exactly what you were asking for your swoops and that is somehow griefing?

I think I missed something.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:08 PM

lol majority loses!
Old 04-27-2010, 05:10 PM

First rule of SwgEmu: why piss off a few people when you can piss off twice as many?
Old 04-27-2010, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Ray View Post
First rule of SwgEmu: why piss off a few people when you can piss off twice as many?
Yay for over achievers!!
Old 04-27-2010, 05:12 PM

Do it!

Wipe it. its a test center. Next time dont ask just do it. I'll help out any way i can. I love this game. Oh and dont add jedi. Or make it super hard to get.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:15 PM

not happy about it. so much QQ about the wipe. I cant wait until it legitimately comes and all those duped items and credits come to a close.

Well, not that it matters, I wont be playing until the TC is wiped. Ill of course keep an eye on the progress here though.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:16 PM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rincon View Post
Why was Kyle such an active part of the "vote NO" voice anyway? I personally saw several system messages from him, obviously phrased in a way that supported the no vote, and now the roumour of the week being passed around is that he was involved in creating new account to vote no with?
Nooooo, my post had nothing to do with Kyle, i responded to someone spreading misinformation. Someone claimed that it was 66.66% needed for the wipe to go through, and since i couldn't quote Kyle (thread was deleted) i just posted that.

This has nothing to do with anyone personal. This is all a abut the SWGEmu team as whole, about their professionalism or lack of it.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 04-27-2010, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jksdustin View Post
So let me get this straight, you market yourselves by saying you'll listen to the community, yet you go with the minority?
This leads to 6 questions

1. What are you going to do to the dupers/account sellers/buyers? (buyers should get the same treatment as sellers for being dumb enough to buy an account for a game in testing stages)

From what I heard, they have plans in place to lower the duped credits.

2. Will you now stop worrying about semi-irrelivent things like the jedi system (an actual one can always be set up in OR, ours was fine the way it was, and don't get me wrong, nothing against jedi, i was making one and still voted for yes) and begin to focus on some actual fixes?

While its cool to have a jedi (i mean come on, everyone and there mother has one), it hurts the game, just like it did in the original. The system being proposed for SC will fix this. So I agree , they shouldnt waste time worrying about it.

3. Are you planning on doing anything for the people who deleted their characters already to help you with the wipe? (I myself am not one, but I believe I saw some posts from people talking about already doing it because "someone" had told them about the wipe before hand, and considering the fact the majority was for wipe there could be a decent number.)

There was NEVER an official word saying there was or wasnt a wipe. If you deleted your character or someone else did, they are dumb asses. Its not the dev's fault.

4. If inflation is apparently so bad that you had to wipe and now its going to remain the same for a while, how do you expect to deal with it until OR? (First because now it will continue, second because now so many more people know its possible to dupe credits and items it will most likely happen alot more)

The inflation is only one part of this. The biggest part is all the overpowered **** people are picking up off of sentinels. Everyone Ive seen goes rifles and bugs the sentinels out and exploits to get the loot. These weapons have WRECKED any fun in the game. And I have a perspective from both sides. I have really crazy weapons and ive used them and had them used on me. Its ignorant, foolish, and simply not fun.

5. Are you guys gonna pull this again anytime before OR over the same stupid stuff, or will the next one come with an actual fix? (I know you probably can't answer this, but still what the hell man?)

I would be no. Dont be suprised though if there are some changes here and there. I know I wouldnt be. Maybe a credit wipe of a certain % few people or something like that.

6. How many people created accounts since the poll was started? Because its my opinion that anyone who was not playing prior to the wipe announcement should not have been able to vote.

Who really cares?

This whole thing pisses me off.

You don't have to stay here. No one is making you.

Look, the bottom line is simple. You do NOT pay for this game in a test state. You wont be required to pay at anytime ever. If you donate, thats YOUR choice and by no means does it give you the right to voice your opinion. I know a developer personally and he does this for free. It takes up all his time from work to sleep. These developers are doing this for me, and you, and everyone else that loved the original game. If they choose to wipe it to make it more fun for people or they chose not to, thats there choice. In no way do they have to do anything for you or me. You ****ers should be greatful that they are doing what they are doing at all.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:17 PM

****! So there are no blue frogs to ****?
Old 04-27-2010, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamune View Post
This same stunt was pulled claiming "mah account was hax'd and someone stole all my monies" a number of times, too...
It's scary to see what lengths people will go to to get 'virtual' items. People who cling to things that not only don't really exist but are meant for entertainment purposes ONLY maybe should take a break from gaming and see the world in all of it's detailed glory .
As many have pointed out, greed is what screws up the economy, sadly, like IRL.
People who care more about how many credits they can cram their bank with instead of caring about friendships need to realize that that's exactly what ruined the real world. The thought that there are people who would try anything (even without cheating) to sell overpriced goods is biting themselves in the bum. Monopolies are a terrible thing and we should probably stay away from the Capitalistic model of 'do whatever you can to make more money than everyone else even if it means stepping on everyone else' won't fly in a game that relies heavily on socialization and friendship to even exist.
Wipe or no wipe, I would really hope that the Devs would try their best to control the ego maniacs on this server before pulling the plug. I just hope they don't decide to throw the server out the window.
Unfortunately it is illegal to 'pay' for an emulated server, so even if I were to pay 1000 dollars a month to keep this thing going I know I wouldn't have any legal say in what happens to the server.
That's just how it is I guess.

Norma- Battle Master.
Shimale- MID.
Duchess- A big hairy wookiee.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:20 PM

same ol' game, same ol' bull****
Old 04-27-2010, 05:21 PM

wow, way to piss off the majority.

should of just said we are wiping and will give you guys frogs for the first two weeks

/endthread

SOE much?

Old 04-27-2010, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trunck View Post
same ol' game, same ol' bull****
Best post of the thread, few words for a sad reality.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonkatuff View Post
Look, the bottom line is simple. You do NOT pay for this game in a test state. You wont be required to pay at anytime ever. If you donate, thats YOUR choice and by no means does it give you the right to voice your opinion. I know a developer personally and he does this for free. It takes up all his time from work to sleep. These developers are doing this for me, and you, and everyone else that loved the original game. If they choose to wipe it to make it more fun for people or they chose not to, thats there choice. In no way do they have to do anything for you or me. You ****ers should be greatful that they are doing what they are doing at all.
/applaud;

(And for the record, I voted yes with frogs)

Didn't get the wipe I voted for, but I'm not complaining. The devs are not doing this for money, they're doing it for love of the game we all want back. Before anyone starts lobbing insults at them, one MIGHT remember that without them we have no game to play save SOE's POS NGE.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:24 PM

many people are claiming the staff lack of professionalism by ignoring the voice of the majority.

are we surprised how this turned out? Of course a small percentage doesnt want their crap wiped even though it is inevitable in the future anyway, yet again, SOMEONE catered to the crying of the minority rather than the voice of the majority. sound familiar?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: