SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraschman View Post
And here's what you're not getting...

We have no evidence whatsoever what percentage of yes votes or no votes out of the total were duped. Could be a small percentage, could be much closer to 100%. We have no solid numbers, except for probable fraud on one or both sides. Unless you have solid evidence as to the veracity of any of the numbers, not just the last few minutes of the vote, then the vote is suspect in its entirety.

Chuck it until you get solid numbers, simple.

Your continued harping on the 15% seems to imply that you assume the rest of the votes were legit. Of that we have no proof.
With more than one hundred pages of active discussion on this issue between the two threads makes it abundantly clear that community involvement was high and that an overwhelming majority of the votes came from distinct individuals. You not only have the burden of proving these accusations of fraudulence, but you also have to explain why vote padding might have occurred unequally.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:14 PM

But I wills ay this whole wipe thing i TONS better than me going into IRC during a deadlock and hollering WIPE. WAY better response here lol.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo-landi View Post
Kraschman...when there are group mission groups of 20+ people out on yavin doing missions and it is not being addressed....no poll from the userbase is viable. I cannot speak o where those people voted but it is definately a skewed poll. Since there is no proof which way it is skewed.....then let things be.
Exactly my point. Lacking solid evidence as to the real numbers, chuck the vote and keep the status quo for now.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arien View Post
Thats funny. The heads at SOE thought that they were doing the right thing despite what the players were saying.
SOE is for profit..this is not. NFP is very different from profit. SOE was bent to the desires of Lucas..here not so much. You have a right to cry paying 15 a month x 4 accounts. Here..not so much.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:18 PM

To get bent out of shape over a wipe on a TC is just.... crazy to me.

To the team...

To me the backing down is a bit worrying. This to me could be the start of a slippery slope. It is your server to with what you see fit. Yes, totally alliterating your community is not a good thing at the same time you are not a corporation, you don't have a board of directors and there are no share holders. Do what needs to be done. You will NEVER please everybody. The staff here needs to do what they feel is best for the project as a whole. Not what a bunch of random posters on a forum say. This is what started the whole down turn of SWG in the first place.

Polls on forums and forums themselves are not accurate representation of your community, people will make multiple accounts till they pass out just so their point of view wins.

We have you all to thank for building this game again, we should be thankful for these opportunities. Until this all goes public we play by your rules, not the other way around. Your server(s) your rules. if the community doesn't like your rules they can start up their own servers. I thought that was the staffs stance on everything, or has that changed?

Just concerned a bit.

:ROCK:

Azaree Noise/Kettemoor
Mayor/Beggars Canyon
Old 04-27-2010, 08:19 PM

Quote:
SOE is for profit..this is not. NFP is very different from profit. SOE was bent to the desires of Lucas..here not so much. You have a right to cry paying 15 a month x 4 accounts. Here..not so much.
Whats your f'ing point wise guy? None of that BS means they are making the right choice.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:23 PM

Quote:
This has nothing to do with profit. It has to do with the level of professionalism we're seeing.

I have every right to voice my opinion and i'll continue to do so as long as this is an open forum.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekowraith View Post
With more than one hundred pages of active discussion on this issue between the two threads makes it abundantly clear that community involvement was high and that an overwhelming majority of the votes came from distinct individuals. You not only have the burden of proving these accusations of fraudulence, but you also have to explain why vote padding might have occurred unequally.
The "yes" vote was at 75% when a sudden flood of almost constant no votes for hours began.

The sudden no vote happened in a time span of hours when an irregular number of new accounts where created.

The people who have the most to lose, dupers, have the most to gain if the "no" vote wins.

Dupers already by their very nature are in the habit of using methods against the rules to achieve something they want.

As some testers pointed out the fact that there happened to be an extremely high statistical trend in no votes and an unusually high number of new accounts, Moderator Staff ,Insultingly, declared that that was a physical impossibility.

Then fueling an army of trolls, the staff member led the forums to publicly mock those that cited basic evidence to a relevant problem.

Not long after, other staff members deleted posts made by those citing such evidence. However, the off-topic posts, mocking those that had only wished to maintain the votes credibility remained on the thread.

Hours later the thread is locked, and later the decision made to negate the poll, based on community solidarity and credibility.

Now as i said before, as raging as I am at everything thats happening, the only thing i blame staff for is simply not being honest with the community, and not letting us know sooner that the problems that let to consideration of a wipe were not addressed.

Pretending a problem doesn't exist simply because You cannot fix it does more damage. And sometimes the most responsible thing anyone can do is ask for help.

There are a large number of qualified persons on the TC who enjoy this project so much that they would have volunteered to work for the staff to police these problems. All staff had to do was ask.

And even as angry or kneejerk as the community seems at this point, I bet if you asked, You would get the help from people with the time and knowhow to act while allowing the current team to worry about the OR.

Rockin' the DooDooPee, Ya'll see me rollin', you hatin.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arulius View Post
For those of you that think the final outcome was 66% majority to wipe are seriously confused. The Devs were GOING to leave the poll open for 2 weeks, so the vote was NEVER final. It could have went either way.
They saw the polls were getting out of hand, and were being manipulated by people from both sides of the argument. As well as tearing the community apart.
eh?

till it got deleted I saw postings by staff along the lines that it wasn't being manipulated either way, and wrote it off as conspiracy theorist jargon

On a side note, there is a reason that thread got deleted...go figure as to why.

John Smedley would be proud !

Last edited by waa; 04-27-2010 at 08:36 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:31 PM

I think the Devs should shut TC down for a month. I think too many people are taking this project for granted at this time. Teach them a valuable lesson, let their cries fall on deaf ears for a month while you guys take a break. Seriously. I want to play as much as anyone, but this is just ridiculous.

You guys cried for a wipe due to the economy of a Test Center. The economy of a Test Center! Wow, that's brilliant.

I really don't care if they wipe it or not. At this point I hope they do just to shut you all up. But I hope they shut it down for a month first, just to prove a point. That it is not your right to determine what goes on with their project.

They asked for your feedback, you acted like little brats. Much like is happening now. No wonder they don't want to listen to you, who could blame them?
Old 04-27-2010, 08:33 PM

What a surprise. majority says wipe so it's 100% fraud for just the side in favor of the wipe, despite the obviousness of people making new accounts saying not to wipe.

I won't be surprised when these same tards start *****ing about wanting to transfer their characters over to the real deal when the time comes.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekowraith View Post
The first part is not in dispute, but you have no proof as to how many votes came from distinct individuals. You can assume they are, but that doesn't necessarily make it so.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:38 PM

I pretty much see every point I was thinking having been made here. But I just recently came from a game where the single dev seemed to be in his own world, ignoring suggestions and adding stuff no one wanted.

I know the forums might not be accurate, but I personally believe that without all this alt-forum account stuff that the majority of people would've voted for a reset...

This is a test server right?
Old 04-27-2010, 08:42 PM

It seems some people failed to realize when they downloaded and joined the test server that it was never intended to stay up for any real length of time, and that what they do on the server could all be erased in a wipe that the developers need to make in order to further the production of this server.

By not wiping, they're forcing to prolong the final development of Suncrusher and releasing the source for other private servers to duplicate Suncrusher and make their own galaxy.

Those of you that are whining and crying about a wipe need to realize that this server isn't about you, but about the whole of the project. What you do on it is your business, but its secondary when it comes to the desires and needs of this development team.

I personally don't understand why they polled the wipe, and didn't just post an item saying "At this time, we are wiping the server." An apology isn't even necessary since anyone who joined the server should have read that Nova is a test server and wipes WILL happen. God forbid any of you encounter events where things don't go according to your plan, and inconvenience you.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayden Maverick View Post
By not wiping, they're forcing to prolong the final development of Suncrusher and releasing the source for other private servers to duplicate Suncrusher and make their own galaxy.
You have that backwards. If they needed to wipe the server to further the project, they'd do so without asking. This was all about people crying about the economy, nothing more. It actually would have taken a couple days to do the wipe. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but still exactly opposite of what you are claiming.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: