SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average. Display Modes
Old 08-02-2009, 08:24 PM

<-- iz <HELPER>

But I'm not spending as much time here atm as I used to. Many reasons, most of it related to getting bored with the game by testing. More and more lately the urge to be around when it's ready to go seems like a better choice than spinning my wheels in this pre-OR phase. Post-OR I'll likely be back with a ticket-storm of fury...
Old 08-02-2009, 08:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbaer View Post
But I'm not spending as much time here atm as I used to. Many reasons, most of it related to getting bored with the game by testing. More and more lately the urge to be around when it's ready to go seems like a better choice than spinning my wheels in this pre-OR phase. Post-OR I'll likely be back with a ticket-storm of fury...
Lol, I hear that.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:08 PM

Ekaika do you mean you would'nt mind having help on the sites and stuff from the community or only in game. Is this based on the whole Emu project?
Old 08-02-2009, 09:27 PM
Retired Quality Assurance

I helped people.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:25 AM

I try to help out when I am on TC, it usually just involves directing people to the frogs, and other important places like the Cantina. Usually get a few tells when I log in from people needing help, most of the time they have asked but get no reply because people are too busy PvP'ing.

I am very interested in taking part with this project.

StK|Strike To Kill|StK
Old 08-19-2009, 03:57 AM

anything i can do to help, just let me know - Conquest.

Last edited by sam_enock; 08-20-2009 at 04:18 AM.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:27 PM
Retired Game Master

This is for users to provide other users game support in the #swgemusupport IRC channel.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:47 PM

I'm a helper, I spent 3-4 hours yesterday guiding newbies around. I also answer questions. When I remember I use the helper title.

Some people are misleading the newbies and make them travel far away for nothing and make them do silly things.
Nov 17 20:47 cRush
committed#2643: [added] Creature Handlers can now tame Bio-engineered Jedi.

TG & EC Cooperation
With TG being the premier US based community and EC being the premier EU based community.
USA http://www.truegalaxies.com
Europe http://www.euro-chimaera.co.uk

Report all bugs here:
http://www.swgemu.com/support/index.php

Ingame name Birk

They That Are Them.
Guild <Hoods> The Dark Hoods
~▲~
'▲ ▲ Triforce.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubbe View Post
I'm a helper, I spent 3-4 hours yesterday guiding newbies around. I also answer questions. When I remember I use the helper title. I also noticed some people are misleading the newbies and make them travel far away for nothing and make them do silly things.
2 remarks: 1, as pointed before, I will spend as much time as I can to help SWGEmu as a community and as a whole. 2, I see that there are some "bad helpers" in the works. I hope I'm not one of them, and if so, sorry. However, these "bad helpers" are either mischief makers or they are misguided due to lack of knowledge. Should you find and confront one, you be the judge.

XBOX LIVE tag- Roaring Turttle

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GO GO POWER STAFF-TEAM! In MMO world, STAFF=GOD
Old 08-02-2009, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
2 remarks: 1, as pointed before, I will spend as much time as I can to help SWGEmu as a community and as a whole. 2, I see that there are some "bad helpers" in the works. I hope I'm not one of them, and if so, sorry. However, these "bad helpers" are either mischief makers or they are misguided due to lack of knowledge. Should you find and confront one, you be the judge.
They do it with purpose. They tell the newbies that they have to go to 0,0 on Tatooine and stuff to become a jedi and so on...
Nov 17 20:47 cRush
committed#2643: [added] Creature Handlers can now tame Bio-engineered Jedi.

TG & EC Cooperation
With TG being the premier US based community and EC being the premier EU based community.
USA http://www.truegalaxies.com
Europe http://www.euro-chimaera.co.uk

Report all bugs here:
http://www.swgemu.com/support/index.php

Ingame name Birk

They That Are Them.
Guild <Hoods> The Dark Hoods
~▲~
'▲ ▲ Triforce.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
They do it with purpose. They tell the newbies that they have to go to 0,0 on Tatooine and stuff to become a jedi and so on...
lolwut. How dare they...
Old 08-05-2009, 09:28 AM

Quote:
I'm a helper, I spent 3-4 hours yesterday guiding newbies around. I also answer questions. When I remember I use the helper title.

Some people are misleading the newbies and make them travel far away for nothing and make them do silly things.
Reminds me of live

dont worry about it they will figure it out for themselves.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:53 PM
Banned

I know a lot about the emu I'd be able to help.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:11 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

Thank you for the replies thus far guy/gals. We knew folks were looking for a way to help, and let me say again that we really appreciate the interest.

To reiterate what Iny said, this would (theoretically) be unofficial (regulated) community based IRC help, similar to what you find in the Community Support forum. There are many people who are very familiar with the project and are seeking a way to contribute. What better way than to welcome and assist new joiners to the project in IRC?

Keep the feedback coming. We'll be in touch.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:11 PM

Quote:

Yeah it's true. Believe it or not, but I actually fell for that gag. Here's the confirmation: There's NOTHING at double/triple zero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekaika View Post
Thank you for the replies thus far guy/gals. We knew folks were looking for a way to help, and let me say again that we really appreciate the interest.

To reiterate what Iny said, this would (theoretically) be unofficial (regulated) community based IRC help, for the community, similar to what you find in the Community Support forum. There are many people who are very familiar, and seeking a way to contribute. What better way, than to welcome and assist new joiners to the project in IRC?

Keep the feedback coming. We'll be in touch.

And also this is one of those things that I am willing to do all I can for not only because it's something worth working for, but also there's some self-satisfaction that comes out of it. Right now, I'm trying to become a Dev for this sake, and even if I fail, I will have still put in the effort, and that's what this is all about, I believe: effort!

XBOX LIVE tag- Roaring Turttle

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GO GO POWER STAFF-TEAM! In MMO world, STAFF=GOD

Last edited by Master Chief; 08-02-2009 at 11:14 PM.