SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahonra View Post
LOL!! that would be great!!

Ok, well, no wipe is gonna happen. So how about we start a petition to implement GUILD WAR features!?!? OMG THAT WOULD ROCK!!!
OOOH! That would probably be my favorite feature.

Norma- Battle Master.
Shimale- MID.
Duchess- A big hairy wookiee.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:26 PM

**** it, its all i can think off.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:30 PM

I feel like were dealing with SOE here.

"Well fix this for you guys!!"
*some time later*
"Never mind we were just ****ing with you!"
Old 04-27-2010, 06:30 PM

I wasn't fully for the wipe, but I do agree with what most are saying here. Over 66% of the community wanted a wipe, and as your initial statement said if that number or more desired it, then it would happen. In layman's terms, that is called a lie. The moment the developers start lying to their community and not caring what their ideas on the matter are is the moment the community loses respect for the developers. It is going to spiral farther into the hole that has been dug and player base is going to be lost on a large scale. If you don't want to turn into a SOE clone, reconsidering would be wise, but it looks like your minds are made up already.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:34 PM

I will say that it makes me chuckle a little seeing this page, and seeing the number of people who originally were saying things like "Wipe it, the devs obviously want to" and etc... are complaining now and the number of people talking about quitting now that they have said no wipe are saddening. Last time I looked the vote poll wasn't "Yes, and give me blue frogs or I QUIT!".

I'm not a forum mod, none of us are but the mods. If they put up the vote with the intention of it being a fair vote and creating a good discussion, then saw that it was in any way becoming one that was questionable (BOTH the YES and NO sides made accusations of tampering, proxy clicking, etc..), and saw the level of division it was creating in the community, I can't blame them for taking it down.

What they did was in NO way the same as what SOE did or does. SOE didn't run a serious poll that was aimed at letting the players dictate what would happen. SOE didn't consult with players before implementing changes, or tossing out the CU or NGE. All they did was say "this is what's gonna happen, kkthnxbye".

Players should be grateful the developers even considered putting up a poll to let players decide, and should also realize that a forum based poll is a great way to express thoughts and opinions, but not something that should be used to determine the course of the game.

The devs tried it, and it turned into a complete mess. I for one am grateful they tried, but believe the COMMUNITY could've AS A WHOLE handled it a lot better than they did. A lot of people made assumptions of a wipe, and others that there'd be no wipe, and as a result many players did things IN GAME that were geared toward a wipe. This phenomenon is exactly why the developers did the RIGHT thing is saying "ok this is a cluster-bleep, let's end it".

I will remind all of those who screamed "It's a TC, it should be wiped" and "If the Devs want to wipe, then wipe!" that yes, it IS a TC, it IS the Devs call, and if they look at what's happening when they experiment with letting the COMMUNITY become more involved in the decision making process and that spirals out of control... yeah I can't blame them for calling it.

I take this as a learning experience for everyone...including the developers...and now they know that it's a completely BAD idea to try to let "the Community" try to decide the course of the server. So, to that end, I say let's get back to playing, maybe the devs can patch in some of the dupe fixes, and let's move one like they hadn't brought the poll in the first place.

After all, HAD they NEVER put the polls up, we'd ALL be doing the exact same thing today as we were before the polls were up...Grinding away, making creds, talking, chatting, beating each other up in duels, all the while waiting for the OR.
Falceon Feir - Pistoleer/BH
Krysan Feir- MDoc/swordsman
Galaxy Harvester- Falceon
Old 04-27-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adler1984 View Post
After all, HAD they NEVER put the polls up, we'd ALL be doing the exact same thing today as we were before the polls were up...Grinding away, making creds, talking, chatting, beating each other up in duels, all the while waiting for the OR.
Exactly.

They really shot themselves in the foot with their feigned interest in what the community wanted.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adler1984 View Post
I will say that it makes me chuckle a little seeing this page, and seeing the number of people who originally were saying things like "Wipe it, the devs obviously want to" and etc... are complaining now and the number of people talking about quitting now that they have said no wipe are saddening. Last time I looked the vote poll wasn't "Yes, and give me blue frogs or I QUIT!".

I'm not a forum mod, none of us are but the mods. If they put up the vote with the intention of it being a fair vote and creating a good discussion, then saw that it was in any way becoming one that was questionable (BOTH the YES and NO sides made accusations of tampering, proxy clicking, etc..), and saw the level of division it was creating in the community, I can't blame them for taking it down.

What they did was in NO way the same as what SOE did or does. SOE didn't run a serious poll that was aimed at letting the players dictate what would happen. SOE didn't consult with players before implementing changes, or tossing out the CU or NGE. All they did was say "this is what's gonna happen, kkthnxbye".

Players should be grateful the developers even considered putting up a poll to let players decide, and should also realize that a forum based poll is a great way to express thoughts and opinions, but not something that should be used to determine the course of the game.

The devs tried it, and it turned into a complete mess. I for one am grateful they tried, but believe the COMMUNITY could've AS A WHOLE handled it a lot better than they did. A lot of people made assumptions of a wipe, and others that there'd be no wipe, and as a result many players did things IN GAME that were geared toward a wipe. This phenomenon is exactly why the developers did the RIGHT thing is saying "ok this is a cluster-bleep, let's end it".

I will remind all of those who screamed "It's a TC, it should be wiped" and "If the Devs want to wipe, then wipe!" that yes, it IS a TC, it IS the Devs call, and if they look at what's happening when they experiment with letting the COMMUNITY become more involved in the decision making process and that spirals out of control... yeah I can't blame them for calling it.

I take this as a learning experience for everyone...including the developers...and now they know that it's a completely BAD idea to try to let "the Community" try to decide the course of the server. So, to that end, I say let's get back to playing, maybe the devs can patch in some of the dupe fixes, and let's move one like they hadn't brought the poll in the first place.

QFE -very well said
Old 04-27-2010, 06:36 PM

Fine the majority of the community is being ignore and our votes are meaning less.

But lets get it down to what we want, the big reason the wipe was proposed was for the destroy economy we have right now. Ok no wipe fine, lets fix the economy, ban the dupers and take the money and duped items out of the economy, I guess that will be easier then just wiping the server right?
Old 04-27-2010, 06:38 PM

Jolly good!
Old 04-27-2010, 06:39 PM

See you all in 10 months when OR might come. lol.

edit. I was thinking of playing again, but then I realized to get a crummy VK would cost well over 20 mill for something that would last a week at most and would need to buy credits from ebay: then I laughed. Enjoy this joke of a hacked out economy, folks.

Last edited by fixit6; 04-27-2010 at 06:45 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:40 PM

oooh irony.

Top of this thread in the ads by google it reads....

Economic Crisis, Who's to blame? Vote now!!

lol
Old 04-27-2010, 06:41 PM

MISS NOVA posted in here!! We have a celebrity in out midst!

Anyway, lets all just move on. Go to this thread and /sign the petition!

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54719

sig by yaki

Old 04-27-2010, 06:41 PM

dont worry guys.

THERE IS ANOTHER

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54723
Old 04-27-2010, 06:42 PM

Please lisen to the community. Its the players who really are involved with the entire development as a whole. There is a SERIOUS problem if players are duping items and credits. It can destroy a otherwise exciting game. We came here because of the wrong SOE showed its swg player base. We were very frustrated in almost every forum trying to get our voices heard. Right now you guys obviously put your foot in your mouth suggesting this and your right by saying a suprising result came out. Players WANT a wipe and a clean slate. Duping has ruined the ecomony, the issue needs to be fixed top priority and the server cleaned because of what happen.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:47 PM

Kraschman sez: Let's throw out the vote over the 1 in 100 billion percent chance that the majority wasn't in favor of this wipe.

Kraschman, do you really believe the margin of error was FIFTEEN PERCENT? And limited EXCLUSIVELY to the yes side? This is an absurd contention and doesn't even warrant refutation.
Closed Thread