SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

View Poll Results: Do you support a full wipe of TC:Nova?
yes 603 63.27%
no 350 36.73%
Voters: 953. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 01:44 AM

Not trying to be a troll frog, but if we're testing dead code, we might as well have fun with it and toss in a blue frog.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adler1984 View Post
hey forum mods, is there a way to reset the poll and allow people to vote on the revised version? I see posts in here that say "well now seeing revised, i withdraw my vote", etc...
Maybe lock this post, re-add the poll, and allow people to re-post thoughts, minus all the added chatter that's not constructive to the actual question?
qfe
Old 04-26-2010, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by criticalmass View Post
adding a little peek at things by adding say small homes and factories would make a wipe worth it

most of these guys dont wanna lose their bugged gear or easy jedi
they arent even close to done with OR we wont see features of the OR for a LONG time. Its in the original post that the OR isnt even close to current the NOVA feature wise.

most of the ppl voting no have extremely valid reasons as to why and they are not because of "bugged gear" and "easy jedi"

not everyone has those things

Last edited by Twiz; 04-26-2010 at 01:50 AM.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiz View Post
they arent even close to done with OR we wont see features of the OR for a LONG time. Its in the original post that the OR isnt even close to current the NOVA feature wise.
Well to put it plainly, they had to rewrite the entire game. So I don't see why this is such a huge surprise.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:50 AM

Wipe everyting make it even for everyone
Old 04-26-2010, 01:53 AM

just do it if your gonna do it..don't linger for weeks!
Old 04-26-2010, 01:54 AM

New jedi unlock system would be cool i think i saw at least 3 jedi unlock messages while playing this last week 0_o and sometimes more than that perviously but again i voted yes but b4 they revised what they were "adding". but since a wipe looks imminent BLUE FROGS PLZ !!
Old 04-26-2010, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeslesrik View Post
Well to put it plainly, they had to rewrite the entire game. So I don't see why this is such a huge surprise.
its not a surpise to me. its just that ppl think if they vote yes to this wipe we are going get a sneak peak or test a feature of OR. which is wrong because of the fact that they are rewriting it and arent even close to being done.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiz View Post

most of the ppl voting no have extremely valid reasons as to why and they are not because of "bugged gear" and "easy jedi"

not everyone has those things
Actually you are wrong about not even being close to done with the OR. Since about the start of March IF you look at the svn repo youd see that they are slowly rolling out parts of the OR. Yes you're right about features but like stated even on the first page the CORE code of the OR is mainly finished its just gonna be a while for features.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:59 AM

I feel the recent dupes have had a huge impact on the economy that it may never recover and just screw everyone over who plays this game fairly. I support this wipe, and think its very needed right now.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:59 AM

I think that wiping should be done only if needed for the development of the game, sot for the sake of ppl playing it, or game economy etc...
Also there is no way to be sure that with the wiping all the problems you are facing with cheaters will be fixed. A new way of duping items/credits can be find and another wipe will be needed again.
So i think that wiping the server now it will damage mainly non-cheaters (like me) who grinded many professions on TC and now would like to play and test other features beside the mere grinding of proffs.
Also from the Jedi point of view, i see that there are many jedis everywhere, but these ppl will try to get the jedi again from the starting of the new TC, and they will play only to get that proff misregarding of testing other game features.

That (and a bit more) is why I vote NO.

Sry for bad english.

Rev

Bloodfin - Revan'nahl Velcar - CL90 Elder Jedi (MSaber - MEnhancer - Healer 4 x 4 x) - Master Politician - Master Rebel Pilot (Crimson Phoenix) - 106 badges (19 Professions)
Bloodfin - Yana' Velcar - Imperial Officer
Bloodfin - Suvam Tan - Imperial Medic
TestCenter - Eslap Si'kre - Imperial Spy
TestCenter - Moubeon Ora - Dark Jedi
TFC GUILDLEADER
Old 04-26-2010, 02:00 AM
Retired Moderator

Just so you know:

No we cant reset everyones vote because the original post wasn't clear enough...

The only way we can now get anything accurate is to actually stop this thread (delete or lock) and create a new one.

BTW: I voted no.

Retired Moderator after 5 Years of Service.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJMon View Post
Before I forget to ask, how's your guild doing mahonra? Oh that's right, you don't have one. Unless you're counting the 4 spinoffs to the(trying not to laugh here) TBB guild. I also love how your vent is a complete mess...so I hear. Yeah, you're doing great over there. Keep up the good work. Do they have to ask to go to the bathroom over there too or do you at least let them think for themselves a little bit?

/getting you another tissue for your tears

Umad?
MY guild is kicking A$$!!!

MBH = Mahonra's Bounty Hunter.

I'm not like you. I don't seek leadership, control, or power. It usually just falls upon me. Which is sad, because your GRAND PLAN of making a kick ass guild failed. Bad. REALLY bad. On the other hand, I haven't even attempted to start a real guild. If I did, you would know.

See, when people see RiSeN, they think DOUCHEBAGS.

When they see me, they think SEXY SCHOOLGIRL TWILEK! Ohh baby!

Lol @ how you always say UMAD?! God you have sucked ViT off so much, that you think making someone mad is an accomplishment. That's the RiSeN mentality I suppose.

And btw, no, I'm not mad. Lol.

sig by yaki

Old 04-26-2010, 02:01 AM

Wipe it.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tippythop View Post
Actually you are wrong about not even being close to done with the OR. Since about the start of March IF you look at the svn repo youd see that they are slowly rolling out parts of the OR. Yes you're right about features but like stated even on the first page the CORE code of the OR is mainly finished its just gonna be a while for features.
Its gonna be a while for the features. Meaning they wont be finished with the OR for a long time. I see that as not being close to finished. What I meant was its not like the OR is coming out soon and that we wont be seeing anything from the OR any time soon.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: