SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

View Poll Results: Do you support a full wipe of TC:Nova?
yes 603 63.27%
no 350 36.73%
Voters: 953. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 09:07 AM

I vote for a full wipe.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aogvortex View Post
I vote for a full wipe.
this + blue frogs

can wee bring back azironman to?
Old 04-26-2010, 09:09 AM

if theres ganna be a new jedi unlock method i support a full jedi wipe

Old 04-26-2010, 10:36 AM

mugane here . i might be for a wipe after my hard grind and the insane lag and rubber banding. making 1 synthetic cloth every 5 mints struggling for my 12 points over 5 months. sampling resources when you had to walk and die every 5 minits. sure i am for a wipe if they can guarantee me its not just going to happen again next week. just give me my skills and resourses i have worked 6 months for.let alone the fact i got to remake and regrind my char .i have worked harder in here for my position than in rl . the last wipe was because of duped items get real
Old 04-26-2010, 09:11 AM

you guys do realize simply wiping this server will not add any more stability. well perhaps it may but to do so would take away from important devtime. because there would have to be a code update. simply wiping and pushing restart wont do a goddamn thing
Old 04-26-2010, 09:15 AM

/wipe

DO IT!
Proton - Doc
Duckk - Rifles/TKM
Wrench -Artisan/Weaponsmith 11.4pt
Missed - Carbs/Ranger
Akami - Dancer/Musician/ID
Old 04-26-2010, 09:17 AM

In my opinion, the purpose of the wipe is to test the stability and effectiveness of the items listed in the original post. Once these new items are implemented and hashed out, that is one less set of items that must be perfected prior to live release. Waiting until OR means likely longer testing and possibly further conceptualization AFTER OR. Implementing the wipe and the changes now is progress to a live server.

Last edited by hraka; 04-26-2010 at 09:20 AM.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hraka View Post
In my opinion, the purpose of the wipe is to test the stability and effectiveness of the items listed in the original post. Once these new items are implemented and hashed out, that is one less set of items that must be perfected prior to live release. Waiting until OR means likely longer testing and possibly further conceptualization AFTER OR. Implementing the wipe and the changes now is progress to a live server.
That's not the reason though ... it's to fix the corrupted economy created by cheaters. The wipe will bring nothing new ...

Default auction rules unless specified different in OP:
Runs for 48 hours ** No new bidders in the last 15 minutes ** 15/15 snipe-rule ** Leave your IGN
Old 04-26-2010, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlonB View Post
That's not the reason though ... it's to fix the corrupted economy created by cheaters. The wipe will bring nothing new ...
That is exactly the reason: Fixes to dupes and new jedi system are certainly new things that need to be tested for their effectiveness and stability on overall gameplay.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hraka View Post
That is exactly the reason: Fixes to dupes and new jedi system are certainly new things that need to be tested for their effectiveness and stability on overall gameplay.
Both are not relevant to the OR? Different code, different jedi unlock afaik.

The reason they keep this poll is not because a wipe is necessary, but because people are asking for it ... huge difference.

My feelings are not based on any inside knowledge though

Default auction rules unless specified different in OP:
Runs for 48 hours ** No new bidders in the last 15 minutes ** 15/15 snipe-rule ** Leave your IGN
Old 04-26-2010, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlonB View Post
Both are not relevant to the OR? Different code, different jedi unlock afaik.

The reason they keep this poll is not because a wipe is necessary, but because people are asking for it ... huge difference.

My feelings are not based on any inside knowledge though
But the concept of the new unlock system can certainly be tested now. I am not positive but based on prior posts ( I think by Kyle) that the devs are not happy with the current system and are looking for a concept that gets them whatever balance they deem the sweet spot. Conceptually that can be tested now and is not tied to the OR. I voted for wipe because I am for anything that gets us to live faster. If in fact this all because of people whining about gameplay on a test server I am not in favor of wipe. I do however have faith in the developers of EMU that that is not the case and that this is a move that can be made now instead of later for conceptual testing purposes.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:43 AM

wipe

Every weapon has a serial number so do item credits do not but for vet players makeing credits is very easy. This wipe is being preposed because of exploited weapons and items ie a pawn issue not a game issue. Again I see no reason for it. Why not ban those items instead of makeing everyone else start over. dont wipe them but if you get caught useing them a ban the player.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:21 AM

WIPE IT and put back full xpoints so leveling is much slower... slower growth to keep us busy while you all work on the OR...

Maybe people can gain a much stronger feeling of accomplishment when they hit master.

I don't have a problem to grind again... is it fun?? well... it is part of the game...

It's all temporary anyway. We all know it. So stop fretting people and just try to enjoy it!
Old 04-26-2010, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyfemis View Post
wipe it and put back full xpoints so leveling is much slower... Slower growth to keep us busy while you all work on the or...

Maybe people can gain a much stronger feeling of accomplishment when they hit master.

I don't have a problem to grind again... Is it fun?? Well... It is part of the game...

It's all temporary anyway. We all know it. So stop fretting people and just try to enjoy it!

this
Old 04-26-2010, 09:23 AM

wipe

If we are talking about fixing the crafting in the game ie. adding houses factories the better harvesters, then yes wipeing is a great idea. Makeing jedi harder to get bad idea. This is the TC people are supposed to be able to get jedi, from what I have read jedi will be revamped for the OR, at that point I doubt 90 percent of the players will ever unlock. I say let everyone have it. I know people complain about too many jedi, but what is it to them. Its the mightier then tho syndrome, you dont deserve it, you are not uber cool enough to make jedi. Thats crap, Ill say this soe did not destroy swg, was the trollers always whineing about this or that and the devs trying to make them happy IM seeing this cycle again. stop whineing if someone is better then you are go find out why and fix it yourself. there are so many ways to get good so many weaknesses that one spec has that another spec might beat. That is the fun of swg. Stop being jellous of what others have and go get it for yourselves. In conclusion, wipeing the server because a few people are whineing is not going to change anything it will only make them whine for more. Do not get me wrong Im all for progress, but this wipe is to appease few who have been flameing on the forumns I dont see any reason for it.
Closed Thread