SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Developer Chat Logs

Notices

Developer Chat Logs Once a month, on the second Saturday, at 7PM EST, we will hold an open Developer discussion on IRC. The logs from these chats will be posted here.

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 04:26 PM

tried that, im still flying as of my last login

GM of Clan Abyss, your friendly neighborhood Bounty Hunter PA on Darjani
"We hunt everything: Jedi to Rebels. Imperials to Commandos, Non-Coms to more Non-Coms...ESPECIALLY the Non-Coms"

http://www.darjani.org/
Old 10-29-2009, 04:32 PM
Retired Game Master

Hint: Go into IRC #swgemusupport. Request a GM summon you out of there.

Game MasterFONT=Arial]

[/FONT] SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.

[19:31] <+stevedeath> I am currently being held hostage by an invisible force. He wants one million in US currency, and a plane to Havana. He calls himself: The Box.
<serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><s erpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa> </serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa>
Old 10-29-2009, 06:36 PM

eh why bother, i cant stand playing in this lag anyway and the server will more then likely go down and reset before its playable which should fix it.

GM of Clan Abyss, your friendly neighborhood Bounty Hunter PA on Darjani
"We hunt everything: Jedi to Rebels. Imperials to Commandos, Non-Coms to more Non-Coms...ESPECIALLY the Non-Coms"

http://www.darjani.org/
Old 11-17-2009, 02:36 PM

Noob here.. anyone think that maybe the DEVS want people to hack, so they can fight against said hack while it's in beta..
just food for thought..
Old 11-17-2009, 02:41 PM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadz View Post
Noob here.. anyone think that maybe the DEVS want people to hack, so they can fight against said hack while it's in beta..
just food for thought..

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 11-18-2009, 06:09 PM
Retired Game Master

This is not punishment. This is a piece of code that is being worked on. This game is in alpha. It will not always be this way.

Game MasterFONT=Arial]

[/FONT] SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.

[19:31] <+stevedeath> I am currently being held hostage by an invisible force. He wants one million in US currency, and a plane to Havana. He calls himself: The Box.
<serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><s erpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa> </serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa>
Old 12-05-2009, 02:05 PM

How long is it going to take to collaborate? can we petition to get rid of this "anti-hack" strategy? It has so many false positives it hurts the community more than benefits it. My friend stopped playing because he was unaware of rb boxing and thought the game was just unbelievable laggy.
Almost everyday I log on I am boxed in and spend the majority of my time doing the shuttleport trick. Being a player who does not have a lot of time, this is very frustrating because I do not have 3 or 4 hours to spend playing, maybe an hour and 20 minutes of it is spent unboxing my characters...
I logged in a cave and logged in yesterday and not to my surprise, I was rubber band boxed! Its going to probably take 40 minutes for me to just get to the nearest shuttleport...
On the bright side there is one trick I don't think has been mentioned is hitting your auto-run key and then alt-tabbing out of the game. You can't see where you are going obviously but it seems to help me walk to a shuttleport faster.
Old 12-05-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by busboybud View Post
How long is it going to take to collaborate? can we petition to get rid of this "anti-hack" strategy? It has so many false positives it hurts the community more than benefits it. My friend stopped playing because he was unaware of rb boxing and thought the game was just unbelievable laggy.
Almost everyday I log on I am boxed in and spend the majority of my time doing the shuttleport trick. Being a player who does not have a lot of time, this is very frustrating because I do not have 3 or 4 hours to spend playing, maybe an hour and 20 minutes of it is spent unboxing my characters...
I logged in a cave and logged in yesterday and not to my surprise, I was rubber band boxed! Its going to probably take 40 minutes for me to just get to the nearest shuttleport...
On the bright side there is one trick I don't think has been mentioned is hitting your auto-run key and then alt-tabbing out of the game. You can't see where you are going obviously but it seems to help me walk to a shuttleport faster.
Obviously it's frustrating; no one's going to deny that. If you want to play though, that's what you have to deal with right now. It's pretty much that simple.

It might sound like a "Tough. Live with it." response, but there's nothing else anyone can give you. It's not really a matter of making petitions; we, as a community, just have to give the Devs time to sort through it all and if that takes longer than most can handle, then so be it - they can return when news comes that it is fixed.

Also, in the coming month, take note of this Bi-Weekly Update, especially the part about staff availability:

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38088

"The staff wants to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season over the next month.

With the holidays looming, many staff will be taking time off to spend time with family and friends. Please be aware that staff will not be as available as we normally are during other months of the year. Responses to emails, postings and other issues may be slow."

But hey, also on the bright side, there's quite a lot we can do with the environment we've got, so make the best of it, eh.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:01 PM

Yeah I am aware of the staff shortage over the next month a break they well deserve though. I'll just sit in my cave and prey for a server crash haha.

I suppose my main concern is over the past few months the project has gained a great amount of momentum and publicity... I would hate to see a common problem like the rubber band box discourage incoming players.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Yeah I am aware of the staff shortage over the next month a break they well deserve though. I'll just sit in my cave and prey for a server crash haha.

I suppose my main concern is over the past few months the project has gained a great amount of momentum and publicity... I would hate to see a common problem like the rubber band box discourage incoming players.
Heh, yeah.

I wouldn't worry too much about new players, considering that there are so many potentially waiting for news of completion (or close to it). The problem seems to be more with a misconception that the server is a perfectly stable environment right now, than the server's problem's themselves. I'm not trying to blame anyone, but people should probably be warning their friends about what they're going to encounter.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:45 PM

Quote:

I haven't logged on because of the rubberbanding issue. None the less the devs are doing a great job. I just hoped the next time i login I dont run into the same issue.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred View Post
I haven't logged on because of the rubberbanding issue. None the less the devs are doing a great job. I just hoped the next time i login I dont run into the same issue.
Yeah, I noticed cept on sat/sun we're not even reaching login cap... like now, unless the cap really fluxuates... but there hasnt been any "server full" whining for awhile anyway..

I hope they enjoy a little time away... they deserve it..
Old 12-13-2009, 09:49 PM

Yea, this his hit me so hard. Im looking at rubberbanding about 80% of the time I play. If I want to travel some where it takes me about 5 min to crawl from the ticket terminal to the droid.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisoi View Post
Yea, this his hit me so hard. Im looking at rubberbanding about 80% of the time I play. If I want to travel some where it takes me about 5 min to crawl from the ticket terminal to the droid.
CORRECTION: 10 min to crawl from terminal to droid.
Closed Thread