SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-15-2009, 12:15 PM

I truly think a zero tolerance policy is the best way to go. but to be honest i've already seen a bunch of unfair bans. Like my friend observer quit a few days ago, because of the exploiting and hacking and today he finds out he was banned for "exploiting". Right now given that its a TC somethings could just be broken. He never played live Pre-cu, so I don't think he even knows how somethings work yet, Given that before the wipe he never used food before.

Given that this is a TC alot of people could be exploiting with out even realizing it, due to the fact that not alot of things work properly, so how do you know some people even mean to exploit when its just an honest mistake?
Old 10-15-2009, 12:29 PM

<3

Vaevictus Asmodi MBrawler/TKM/Stacker

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall set me free.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXeKJB View Post
Yeah about that and the entire discussion of people who may have been banned, did you read the part that said:

My bad. I apologize.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:34 PM

Amen
Old 10-15-2009, 12:35 PM

I think some people misconstrue fair pvp and griefing. Griefing by its nature is only when the attacker has no chance of being killed/injured in any way by the target and usually no npc intervention as well as repeated actions against the same target.

One, if you get off on that kind of behavior you really should seek professional help. You are behaving like nothing more than a virtual bully.

Two, why do you bother to even play the game if your only wish is to perform actions requiring no effort or challenge on your part?

Three, do you wish the player you are inflicting this behavior upon to quit the game? That is the eventual outcome really and you lose your reason for one and two at some point.

Now, don't get me wrong... I love the challenge a PVP/open world allows. I simply am of the opinion that griefing is overall detrimental to the game and server.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:49 PM

very good
I totaly agree to zero-tolerance
Old 10-15-2009, 12:55 PM
Banned

About damn time this happened.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vou23 View Post
Staff have far more significant problems to be concerned about than idiots running around the test server with hacks running. And even after this there are people worrying about being sold down the river by a management who are trying to do nothing but their very best for this community.

What a shame.
The rabbit hole goes deep and it's all sensationalistic politics anyway.

Now I'm getting out of here before I end up speaking again.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:07 PM
Galaxies Reborn Representative

This was absolutely the right decision to make. Good call!
Old 10-15-2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labyrinth View Post
The rabbit hole goes deep and it's all sensationalistic politics anyway.

Now I'm getting out of here before I end up speaking again.
I don't think it's even that much, Labyrinth.

Anyway, yes, I agree wholeheartedly, it isn't something I'm going to continue discussing either.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:49 PM

Yay! ban the hackers, kick the cheaters (and tell them you can't actualy WIN at SWG anyway on their way out the door). I've never been opposed to strict and harsh punishment of cheaters in any game in any way so long as the people with the ability to punish them are fair and everyone involved remembers they are human and capable of makeing a misteak. Do not jump down the throat of the DEV/CSR team if they make a misteak since they are working for free, and are human, petition for a review of the individual case and abide by the decision untill it is over turned if it is, if not, well you tried. Though I find it impossible to back this pollicy 110%, as percent literaly means out of one hundred, if you have ten more you are hacking your percentage.

If your argument begins with the phrase "I don't think" please stop and do so before making it.

SgtMaj(ret) E'Mokho Aewi
Fate 10
Strike Force Justice
Old 10-15-2009, 01:55 PM

I have to agree with your decision. I know it sounds hard but after experiencing the ruberbanding of my character and it getting me killed over and over again because someone had to ruin it for everyone what else can you realistically do? I would rather see everyone play nicely with each other then play a game or on a server wtih nothing but _____.

Keep up the good work.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:03 PM

I can't say I agree with a Zero Tolerance policy, but if it needs to be done, so be it.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malas View Post
Then what about those who has been using the food/drink bug, to be near invincible. I assume you have banned them aswell? If not, then this zero tolerance is just bull****. Exploiting bugs is just as bad as speedhacking. You gain an advantage over everyone else.
There's a major difference between exploiting omnipresent known bugs while they last and working hard to CREATE new exploits.

There are degrees of severity. For instance, all the consumables (food, drink, buffs, etc...) of the game replenish after server reboot. Everyone on the server knows that and benefits from this bug and even though it creates a hole in the economy, it can't be considered an exploit. It doesn't make someone OP (the way duping items does for instance )and it will hopefully be treated soon.
Each case must be treated individually. Stricter punishments doesn't mean generalizing penalties and lifting the ban hammer on every moving player.

Speed hacking on the other hand requires the player to install and fiddle with third-party programs or tools. It's a completely different level of action.
And no matter the whining and justification you may add to the discussion, it is now a first category offense. Live with it.

Last edited by Aeden; 10-15-2009 at 05:57 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:09 PM

now THIS! is what i like to hear!! YAY!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: