SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

View Poll Results: Do you support a full wipe of TC:Nova?
yes 603 63.27%
no 350 36.73%
Voters: 953. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 02:39 AM
Banned

Basically if you're saying the OR is a few months away from what we have now, why aren't we waiting for the OR? If you wipe it now i'm sure you will lose quite a few people until the OR is finally implemented, it seems pointless in every aspect unless you're 16 years old and are tired of getting killed by kids with amazing weapons.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip View Post
Basically if you're saying the OR is a few months away from what we have now, why aren't we waiting for the OR? If you wipe it now i'm sure you will lose quite a few people until the OR is finally implemented, it seems pointless in every aspect unless you're 16 years old and are tired of getting killed by kids with amazing weapons.
The people that won't leave are the people who know that there isn't and has never been a game like pre-cu SWG. Anyone who truly admires what this game has the potential to be should realize that this needs to be changed. It is very important that there be few jedi, it is even more important that the existing jedi can't be killed easily. Most people will realize how much more fun it is for everyone to be on the same page again. Like i mentioned before, a bigger raise in the xp rate would be good to let people grind back to their proffessions at less time than before. It would also make up for all the glitched npcs that can't be attacked or despawn right when they are about to die, which accounts for about 1/3 of NPCs. I say total wipe, and please try and make CH work, CH could be the perk that this game needs right now, to end some dependency on groups.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyGrain View Post
The people that won't leave are the people who know that there isn't and has never been a game like pre-cu SWG. Anyone who truly admires what this game has the potential to be should realize that this needs to be changed. It is very important that there be few jedi, it is even more important that the existing jedi can't be killed easily. Most people will realize how much more fun it is for everyone to be on the same page again. Like i mentioned before, a bigger raise in the xp rate would be good to let people grind back to their proffessions at less time than before. It would also make up for all the glitched npcs that can't be attacked or despawn right when they are about to die, which accounts for about 1/3 of NPCs. I say total wipe, and please try and make CH work, CH could be the perk that this game needs right now, to end some dependency on groups.
i honestly dont think you realize that this wipe really doesnt benefit the server or the progression of the emulator at all. even with a new jedi system, ppl are going to figure it out and post guides on the forums in a few months time. at the moment we already get double xp. Also, CH will come with or after the OR and not before.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiz View Post
i honestly dont think you realize that this wipe really doesnt benefit the server or the progression of the emulator at all. even with a new jedi system, ppl are going to figure it out and post guides on the forums in a few months time. at the moment we already get double xp. Also, CH will come with or after the OR and not before.
There is no guide to becoming a jedi my friend, holocrons tell u like 4 proffessions u need then there are 1-2 MYSTERY professions for your toon. The key is NOBODY knows what profession to master to unlock a fs slot.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyGrain View Post
There is no guide to becoming a jedi my friend, holocrons tell u like 4 proffessions u need then there are 1-2 MYSTERY professions for your toon. The key is NOBODY knows what profession to master to unlock a fs slot.
thats the pre cu holocron unlock, the system here is completely different. your obviously new around here so let me be the first to welcome you. im sorry to say though that there has been numerous jedi unlock guides in the jedi forums. the holocron unlock system doesnt exist and in its place is a POI/Badge/ Rumor unlock system. Completely guidable
Old 04-26-2010, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiz View Post
thats the pre cu holocron unlock, the system here is completely different. your obviously new around here so let me be the first to welcome you. im sorry to say though that there has been numerous jedi unlock guides in the jedi forums. the holocron unlock system doesnt exist and in its place is a POI/Badge/ Rumor unlock system. Completely guidable
Your absolutely right. I can happily say im a noob to this server and only 3-4 hard days of grinding will be lost for me. Hope to hell they improve on that jedi system. I can only add things that i remember had made the game such a winner before SOE dropped it on it's head.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:17 AM

What it really boils down to is this, if this was a FULL restart, not just six months worth but EVERYONE restarted from the begining AND it was NEEDED to FURTHER the PROGRESS of the GAME I would be the first one to say Hell yea, wipe it....but it just isn't. I Vote NO. don't waste all our time just to fix something that will be fixed with the OR.
Closed Thread