Announcements Major Project Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 12:44 PM

looking forward to it. love progress

:ROCK:

Azaree Noise/Kettemoor
Mayor/Beggars Canyon
Old 09-13-2010, 12:45 PM

Can not wait! Got to having somthing to do when im bored at home. No point of playing on TC cause of the WIPE!!!
Old 09-13-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden Nar View Post
Can not wait! Got to having somthing to do when im bored at home. No point of playing on TC cause of the WIPE!!!
you can test on the TC because of a wipe?
Old 09-13-2010, 01:44 PM

Location: In your browser, eating your cookies. (Dundee, Scotland, UK)
I'm curious to see how long this lasts, considering how many parts of the forums never get moderated full stop.

Client Upgrade (Screenshot Folder & Permanently Set your FPS)
Old 09-13-2010, 03:48 PM
jacoblovingood

How do you change your account name anyway?
Old 09-13-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacoblovingood View Post
Just being helpful but it says in the long original post that when the new forum website is online you will have to re-apply to those forums.

When you re-apply to the new forums you do not have to use the same name for those new forums as no info will be transferred automatically unless you re-register under the same log-in name.

Again just being helpful and only highlighting what they already said.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:08 PM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacoblovingood View Post
You asked me that some ten days ago, did you even check your visitor messages?

Back on topic, you will be able to register under a different name once new forum is up.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 09-13-2010, 05:10 PM
kaidang

I say Great Job!! Just happy to be playing SWG again. I appreciate all those volunteers for their hard work and personal time spent in making us a game we can come to love once again. Everytime I log on here i see something better for us...... Again awesome job keep up the good work.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:17 PM
kaidang

The wipe has an estimated time. Keep playing on NOVA and testing the OR thats what we are supposed to be doing. The wipe may not come for a while, these guys are working hard on fixing stuff so just enjoy what we have. If we all quit playing because a wipe is coming, whats the point. Just keep playing, wipe or no wipe.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:59 PM

i have to agree with some here in that the expiration times seem way too long. there is short and there is long and then there is way too long. most of those expiry times are way too long. even if a troller gets slapped over and over again. a three month suspension would work for that troublemaker. i mean, who is gonna remember him after 3 months?
i think the expiry dates should be 3 months and 6 months max. naturally the permanent bans are permanent.
but if someone does some really stupid stuff here, i think a 6 month spanking would be appropriate. not friggen 2 years. and boy do those points add up fast in the new system, especially with 2 year expiry dates!
Old 09-13-2010, 06:31 PM
Developer
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by studrandbo View Post
i have to agree with some here in that the expiration times seem way too long. there is short and there is long and then there is way too long. most of those expiry times are way too long. even if a troller gets slapped over and over again. a three month suspension would work for that troublemaker. i mean, who is gonna remember him after 3 months?
i think the expiry dates should be 3 months and 6 months max. naturally the permanent bans are permanent.
but if someone does some really stupid stuff here, i think a 6 month spanking would be appropriate. not friggen 2 years. and boy do those points add up fast in the new system, especially with 2 year expiry dates!
You realize that the expiry date does not equal the punishment right? I don't see anything with an expiry date of 2 years that gives more than 3 points and that is a 3 weeks ban, not a 2 year ban. And all of those are serious offenses. As in real-world illegal.

どこまでも亀が続く
Old 09-13-2010, 06:13 PM
SWGEmu Support Helper

Good job, guys.

Need help? /Join #swgemusupport
Old 09-13-2010, 10:11 PM

do the forum infractions like trolling, bumping, +1 etc... when added up to a ban will that be only to the forums or logging into the game as well? and bumping is a forum infraction???? we all do that on the trade forum.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelasius View Post
do the forum infractions like trolling, bumping, +1 etc... when added up to a ban will that be only to the forums or logging into the game as well? and bumping is a forum infraction???? we all do that on the trade forum.
AMG it's Asher.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:05 AM

Really, about time. Forums have degenerated incredibly over the past year, my only thoughts are to have a PvP forum section so all the trolls can have their 'fun' there.

One question....with auto infractions, would this not be open to abuse? ie. one guild hates the other so they just slam on report all day long with all their mates.

Lastly, really....I would think that the average poster who doesn't resort to troll like replies: you really shouldn't have much of a problem, if at all.