SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRush View Post

As for us ignoring the community - The complete opposite is going on here. Yeah the majority said they would like a wipe, but the majority said they wanted a wipe with blue frogs.

Instead we get crucified and compared to SOE. Come on people.

I doubt the motivation will be there with all the lynching, but we will see.
first off how is doing the opposite of what a majority of people supported in a poll you guys rephrased and recreated multiple times not ignoring the community.... Again in the terms of YOUR poll a yes is a yes, its not the communities fault you gave blue frogs as an option in a poll that we thought you would honor.
Second, honestly what did you expect. The staff has seen the reaction from this community after many of the public relations blunders that have been made. If yall were not prepared for the outcome the poll should not have been created to start with, and then def not remade after the first catastrophe.
Third, if the developers are doing this project purely due to community support, you might as well stop now. its a little insulting to the people following the project to try and blame any delays on their lack of apprecation for your efforts. If the developers were not getting something out of the project, then why waste your time with it. There is other projects working on this style of game that dont need the coddling of a community to work, so what is their motivation?
Old 04-28-2010, 11:44 AM

Just happy to have this to play...

With all the flaws, this is still the closest thing to Galaxies as I loved it. I can not express enough appreciation to the folks who work to bring this to life. Last time I checked, no one is being charged money to play...they could probably make great headway on this project if they shut it down for a few months to not have to deal with all the demands an operational server places on their time.

Thanks guys/gals for the work and the server...

LanShark
Old 04-28-2010, 11:51 AM

*opens the door*

You guys are still there? lol

*steps back then closes the door*
Old 04-28-2010, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanshark View Post
with all the flaws, this is still the closest thing to galaxies as i loved it. I can not express enough appreciation to the folks who work to bring this to life. Last time i checked, no one is being charged money to play...they could probably make great headway on this project if they shut it down for a few months to not have to deal with all the demands an operational server places on their time.

Thanks guys/gals for the work and the server...

Lanshark
this!
Old 04-28-2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRush View Post
Anyone else notice that those screenshots that are supposedly evidence of a moderator "fixing" the polls actually show more votes being removed from no columns than yes columns? I don't have moderator access to the forums, so can't really see what options are available there, but the difference between the two screenshots is very minimal lol. We are talking about 2-3 votes being removed. Hardly evidence to call things a conspiracy.
those were my screenshots. while im not even one who cares all that much about a wipe, its 100% shows something weird.

and its not even about the missing votes. the problem is, it basicly shows 20 votes in a row for a 15% answer in the span of less than a minute. actually 19 more votes were cast, one removed from here, put there..but 20 were put into option c.
something that cannot happen legitimately.

the odds of rolling a 6 on a die is slightly greater than 16%, so even better than 'option c'. see if you can roll 5 in a row let alone 20. will never happen. you could try for years and never hit 7 in a row.

i realize that isn't exactly the same thing but in a poll with that big of a sample size, its just impossible to happen, even if it were a 75% majority answer let alone one that was below 15%
Old 04-28-2010, 01:15 PM

Think the devs get no profit from this? Even if there's barely cash left besides the donations, there's more types of gain. I'm too old to believe the entire dev team exists of zealot altruists.

You don't like me? Blow me! -Dr. Dre
Old 04-28-2010, 03:08 PM

the whole thing was farce

now all lets play nice and pamper the frail ego's of those who feel crucified from the bed they made

this isn't the 1st time, and surly will not be the last
Old 04-28-2010, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waa View Post
the whole thing was farce

now all lets play nice and pamper the frail ego's of those who feel crucified from the bed they made

this isn't the 1st time, and surly will not be the last
have you read through the thread? if Not.. then here is the LAST Dev comment..

What Crush wrote:

Quote:
Anyone else notice that those screenshots that are supposedly evidence of a moderator "fixing" the polls actually show more votes being removed from no columns than yes columns? I don't have moderator access to the forums, so can't really see what options are available there, but the difference between the two screenshots is very minimal lol. We are talking about 2-3 votes being removed. Hardly evidence to call things a conspiracy.

As for us ignoring the community - The complete opposite is going on here. Yeah the majority said they would like a wipe, but the majority said they wanted a wipe with blue frogs.

There was a lot more behind the decision - it's not that the whining minority won out. We started thinking about the real effects the blue frogs would have, and realized offering them as a condition of the poll was a mistake.
- Players would have exploited the frogs to become Jedi faster, and it would have taken away some interdependence since everyone could become self sufficient.
- Changing the frogs to guard against these exploits meant changing the terms of condition.
- A third poll was discussed and decided against.
- We felt that if we just left TC the way it was, then it would be the best thing for both parties.

Instead we get crucified and compared to SOE. Come on people.

OR at the current rate is approximately 5 months out. But as always, Developers lives and available time can fluctuate at any given moment, changing the amount of time we have to contribute. Obviously this can drastically affect any ETA. So, yeah, if things stayed the way they had been rolling, I would say 5 months is realistic. I doubt the motivation will be there with all the lynching, but we will see.

P.S. Enjoy the new loot tables.

EMU Suncrusher
TK/Dancer
Roleplay Federation (RFE)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SWG Intrepid RIP
TK/Musician
DEF Entertainment

Old 04-28-2010, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crush
There was a lot more behind the decision - it's not that the whining minority won out. We started thinking about the real effects the blue frogs would have, and realized offering them as a condition of the poll was a mistake.
- Players would have exploited the frogs to become Jedi faster, and it would have taken away some interdependence since everyone could become self sufficient.
- Changing the frogs to guard against these exploits meant changing the terms of condition.
- A third poll was discussed and decided against.
- We felt that if we just left TC the way it was, then it would be the best thing for both parties.
What you're doing is listing "no" points in defense of the decision to ignore the community. Your points have a place: in the dialog and debate that led up to the poll and it's outcome. Despite these hypothetical consequences, an overwhelming majority of voters still favored a wipe.

It would be like if, following the 2008 elections, the Bush administration announced,
"Hey guys. We appreciate all the debate and discussion surrounding this whole election, but ultimately, we decided that a Democrat administration wouldn't be able to properly run the country. After much internal discussion, we have decided to retain control of the executive branch.
-A liberal executive would be likely to drive up the national deficit with immense federal spending.
-A democrat executive would increase the tax burden.
-A democrat president would reduce incentives to work through socializing programs."

Dispute the analogy all you want, but the ultimate point is this: such points were already a part of the debate that led up to the poll/election's turnouts. If these criticisms of a server wipe are true, let the people who voted for it sit with the consequences. Simply restating the minority position and ignoring the majority is senseless.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekowraith View Post
What you're doing is listing "no" points in defense of the decision to ignore the community. Your points have a place: in the dialog and debate that led up to the poll and it's outcome. Despite these hypothetical consequences, an overwhelming majority of voters still favored a wipe.

It would be like if, following the 2008 elections, the Bush administration announced,
"Hey guys. We appreciate all the debate and discussion surrounding this whole election, but ultimately, we decided that a Democrat administration wouldn't be able to properly run the country. After much internal discussion, we have decided to retain control of the executive branch.
-A liberal executive would be likely to drive up the national deficit with immense federal spending.
-A democrat executive would increase the tax burden.
-A democrat president would reduce incentives to work through socializing programs."

Dispute the analogy all you want, but the ultimate point is this: such points were already a part of the debate that led up to the poll/election's turnouts. If these criticisms of a server wipe are true, let the people who voted for it sit with the consequences. Simply restating the minority position and ignoring the majority is senseless.
Except this isn't a democracy and never was. The devs ultimately are the final word decision-wise when it comes to TC. Want to make the decisions yourself, you need your own server. Your analogy = epic fail.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:33 AM

You do not know the power of darkside! well now we do

Translation: Let the wookie win!
Old 04-28-2010, 08:02 AM

Seriously guys your killing the hand that makes the game we love.

Devs it should be a credit to you how seriously we take an incomplete test server. Thank you for your hard work. Please don't let the trolls and flaming get to you.

To those that didn't want a wipe - you win
to those that did want a wipe - you'll win when OR comes out and they wipe anyways.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:09 AM

I think a large part of this result was a backlash against many YES voters' baffling sense of entitlement. There was a pretty big degree of childish foot-stamping going on for someone to wipe them.

Of course that all stopped when the developers made their prompt and incisive decision as so politely requested by the community. Nobody would be classless enough to continue pouting and whining after that.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:28 AM

I'm pretty happy just with new loot tables. Weapon decay would seal the deal of overwhelming joy. LOL.
CmeDoHappyDance
Old 04-28-2010, 08:34 AM

Decay is just fine. You cant go "negative" anymore from what I understand.

Its simple.

Old, uber weapons go boom on use (it might take weeks or a month or two).

Loot tables are brought more in line with where they should be (no more sentinel loot drops).

Now its a level playing field. Crafters will be usefull again as crafted items should be comparable to looted items and visa versa.
Closed Thread