SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 07:33 AM
Developer
Developer

Anyone else notice that those screenshots that are supposedly evidence of a moderator "fixing" the polls actually show more votes being removed from no columns than yes columns? I don't have moderator access to the forums, so can't really see what options are available there, but the difference between the two screenshots is very minimal lol. We are talking about 2-3 votes being removed. Hardly evidence to call things a conspiracy.

As for us ignoring the community - The complete opposite is going on here. Yeah the majority said they would like a wipe, but the majority said they wanted a wipe with blue frogs.

There was a lot more behind the decision - it's not that the whining minority won out. We started thinking about the real effects the blue frogs would have, and realized offering them as a condition of the poll was a mistake.
- Players would have exploited the frogs to become Jedi faster, and it would have taken away some interdependence since everyone could become self sufficient.
- Changing the frogs to guard against these exploits meant changing the terms of condition.
- A third poll was discussed and decided against.
- We felt that if we just left TC the way it was, then it would be the best thing for both parties.

Instead we get crucified and compared to SOE. Come on people.

OR at the current rate is approximately 5 months out. But as always, Developers lives and available time can fluctuate at any given moment, changing the amount of time we have to contribute. Obviously this can drastically affect any ETA. So, yeah, if things stayed the way they had been rolling, I would say 5 months is realistic. I doubt the motivation will be there with all the lynching, but we will see.

P.S. Enjoy the new loot tables.

Last edited by cRush; 04-28-2010 at 07:38 AM.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRush View Post

Let the whines begin about how unfair it is that some have all the epic weapons from the cheating and duping period now that the loot has been tuned down

Or did you tune up?

Default auction rules unless specified different in OP:
Runs for 48 hours ** No new bidders in the last 15 minutes ** 15/15 snipe-rule ** Leave your IGN
Old 04-28-2010, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlonB View Post
Let the whines begin about how unfair it is that some have all the epic weapons from the cheating and duping period now that the loot has been tuned down

Or did you tune up?
Good thing weapons decay right?
Old 04-28-2010, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonkatuff View Post
Good thing weapons decay right?
Not unless they fixed that bug too ....

Default auction rules unless specified different in OP:
Runs for 48 hours ** No new bidders in the last 15 minutes ** 15/15 snipe-rule ** Leave your IGN
Old 04-28-2010, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Oh dear lord... I'm scared.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Anyone else notice that those screenshots that are supposedly evidence of a moderator "fixing" the polls actually show more votes being removed from no columns than yes columns? I don't have moderator access to the forums, so can't really see what options are available there, but the difference between the two screenshots is very minimal lol. We are talking about 2-3 votes being removed. Hardly evidence to call things a conspiracy.

As for us ignoring the community - The complete opposite is going on here. Yeah the majority said they would like a wipe, but the majority said they wanted a wipe with blue frogs.

There was a lot more behind the decision - it's not that the whining minority won out. We started thinking about the real effects the blue frogs would have, and realized offering them as a condition of the poll was a mistake.
- Players would have exploited the frogs to become Jedi faster, and it would have taken away some interdependence since everyone could become self sufficient.
- Changing the frogs to guard against these exploits meant changing the terms of condition.
- We felt that if we just left TC the way it was, then it would be the best thing for both parties.

OR at the current rate is approximately 5 months out. But as always, Developers lives and available time can fluctuate at any given moment, changing the amount of time we have to contribute. Obviously this can drastically affect any ETA. So, yeah, if things stayed the way they had been rolling, I would say 5 months is realistic. I doubt the motivation will be there with all the lynching, but we will see.

Thanks for that update crush

new loot tables? interesting, very interesting
Old 04-28-2010, 08:33 AM

Quote:
I've noticed that the last night
Old 04-28-2010, 08:36 AM

Quote:

Ty.This is understandable and I respect the decisions of the Team! Hope today is a better day for all!

Need Help? Search Here

Helpful Links

CAN'T CONNECT?

"A house divided against itself cannot stand". Abraham Lincoln

** MY BLACK LIST ~ Leonidovich (Russian) **
Old 04-28-2010, 08:48 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:

Just a big thank you from me and my friends for remaining positive. One day we will play pre-cu SWG again and trust me many many people will be very gratefull!
Old 04-28-2010, 09:11 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the update, cRush. Don't let the haters get you down. It was a brave statement to release an estimate on the arrival of OR, one that I think you didn't have to do.

Anyone who honestly doesn't appreciate the hard work the developers and staff puts into this game, really shouldn't be here and should go find another free based MMO and stop bothering the people who actually enjoy JUST playing the game.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:15 AM

Quote:
cRush, i love you man, but loot is out, Duping is the new loot table.

Rockin' the DooDooPee, Ya'll see me rollin', you hatin.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:47 AM

Quote:

Kudos For The Good Descision! =DDD
Old 04-28-2010, 10:03 AM

Quote:

Thats all fine and good, but why were the frogs even offered in the poll then? Just my opinion, but that sounds more like a convient excuse. If the frogs were not offered and the wipe without frogs was still in the lead, would the wipe have happened? From what I have read from you guys excluding the possible issues with the frogs, I am guessing no.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:

I doubt the motivation will be there with all the lynching, but we will see.
first off how is doing the opposite of what a majority of people supported in a poll you guys rephrased and recreated multiple times not ignoring the community.... Again in the terms of YOUR poll a yes is a yes, its not the communities fault you gave blue frogs as an option in a poll that we thought you would honor.
Second, honestly what did you expect. The staff has seen the reaction from this community after many of the public relations blunders that have been made. If yall were not prepared for the outcome the poll should not have been created to start with, and then def not remade after the first catastrophe.
Third, if the developers are doing this project purely due to community support, you might as well stop now. its a little insulting to the people following the project to try and blame any delays on their lack of apprecation for your efforts. If the developers were not getting something out of the project, then why waste your time with it. There is other projects working on this style of game that dont need the coddling of a community to work, so what is their motivation?
Old 04-28-2010, 11:44 AM

Just happy to have this to play...

With all the flaws, this is still the closest thing to Galaxies as I loved it. I can not express enough appreciation to the folks who work to bring this to life. Last time I checked, no one is being charged money to play...they could probably make great headway on this project if they shut it down for a few months to not have to deal with all the demands an operational server places on their time.

Thanks guys/gals for the work and the server...

LanShark
Closed Thread