SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 09:30 AM

the devs are doing whats best for the emu? OOOHHHH MYYYYY GOOOOOD ITS NGE ALL OVER AGAIN
Old 04-28-2010, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason2444 View Post
the devs are doing whats best for the emu? OOOHHHH MYYYYY GOOOOOD ITS NGE ALL OVER AGAIN
If this wasn't sarcasm, get a grip, check your still in the box Star Wars action figures - and then go outside and pray to god you don't get herpes.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:36 AM

Last time I checked this was a test server... which means it will be deleted in the future, how far off is up to them, but in the end, it will all be erased. So an effort to keep your toon's and all your duped credits will eventually become another EPIC FAIL. I play this game with the understanding that if I put X amount of hours into it, it will be for testing and not picking up where my toon left off on Ahazi. Once the kiddies grasp this concept, and the OR is finished, perhaps then the whining will stop, but if I remember the community I played with, the whining has yet to begin.

As for the DEV's... you give in now, your Frak'd the kiddies will only get louder now.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kainzo View Post
If this wasn't sarcasm, get a grip, check your still in the box Star Wars action figures - and then go outside and pray to god you don't get herpes.
sun light gives me aids
Old 04-28-2010, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason2444 View Post
sun light gives me aids
Fair enough
Old 04-28-2010, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRush View Post
Anyone else notice that those screenshots that are supposedly evidence of a moderator "fixing" the polls actually show more votes being removed from no columns than yes columns? I don't have moderator access to the forums, so can't really see what options are available there, but the difference between the two screenshots is very minimal lol. We are talking about 2-3 votes being removed. Hardly evidence to call things a conspiracy.

As for us ignoring the community - The complete opposite is going on here. Yeah the majority said they would like a wipe, but the majority said they wanted a wipe with blue frogs.

There was a lot more behind the decision - it's not that the whining minority won out. We started thinking about the real effects the blue frogs would have, and realized offering them as a condition of the poll was a mistake.
- Players would have exploited the frogs to become Jedi faster, and it would have taken away some interdependence since everyone could become self sufficient.
- Changing the frogs to guard against these exploits meant changing the terms of condition.
- A third poll was discussed and decided against.
- We felt that if we just left TC the way it was, then it would be the best thing for both parties.

Instead we get crucified and compared to SOE. Come on people.

OR at the current rate is approximately 5 months out. But as always, Developers lives and available time can fluctuate at any given moment, changing the amount of time we have to contribute. Obviously this can drastically affect any ETA. So, yeah, if things stayed the way they had been rolling, I would say 5 months is realistic. I doubt the motivation will be there with all the lynching, but we will see.

P.S. Enjoy the new loot tables.
Kudos For The Good Descision! =DDD
Old 04-28-2010, 09:47 AM
Quality Assurance Entertainer Leader
Quality Assurance

I haven't read the full 52 pages of posts here, so this might have been suggested already...

Can the devs patch in the dupe fixes anyhow? This should help the economy to settle down and make the people who wanted the wipe happy even though they didn't get the wipe.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:53 AM

I am scratching my head. I thought we needed a 66% majority to proceed with a wipe not a 66% majority plus no QQing. Anyways I still don't care what happens but kinda funny how I feel slightly disapointed now there isn't a wipe coming. I was just amused when I read this topic this morning hehe.

Sometimes you will need to upset a few people to get a job done for the majority to be happy. do not spend your time trying so hard not bo be SOE, because you will not be able to move forward. somebody has to take the bullet from time to time. Just find the balance.

I spose at this point the wipe isn't that important hence it didn't seem worth the hassle. But in future beware of the crybabies, they are a menace.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:01 AM

If they wiped, people would QQ
so they haven't and people are qq'ing.

They can't win.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRush View Post
Anyone else notice that those screenshots that are supposedly evidence of a moderator "fixing" the polls actually show more votes being removed from no columns than yes columns? I don't have moderator access to the forums, so can't really see what options are available there, but the difference between the two screenshots is very minimal lol. We are talking about 2-3 votes being removed. Hardly evidence to call things a conspiracy.

As for us ignoring the community - The complete opposite is going on here. Yeah the majority said they would like a wipe, but the majority said they wanted a wipe with blue frogs.

There was a lot more behind the decision - it's not that the whining minority won out. We started thinking about the real effects the blue frogs would have, and realized offering them as a condition of the poll was a mistake.
- Players would have exploited the frogs to become Jedi faster, and it would have taken away some interdependence since everyone could become self sufficient.
- Changing the frogs to guard against these exploits meant changing the terms of condition.
- A third poll was discussed and decided against.
- We felt that if we just left TC the way it was, then it would be the best thing for both parties.

Instead we get crucified and compared to SOE. Come on people.

OR at the current rate is approximately 5 months out. But as always, Developers lives and available time can fluctuate at any given moment, changing the amount of time we have to contribute. Obviously this can drastically affect any ETA. So, yeah, if things stayed the way they had been rolling, I would say 5 months is realistic. I doubt the motivation will be there with all the lynching, but we will see.

P.S. Enjoy the new loot tables.

Thats all fine and good, but why were the frogs even offered in the poll then? Just my opinion, but that sounds more like a convient excuse. If the frogs were not offered and the wipe without frogs was still in the lead, would the wipe have happened? From what I have read from you guys excluding the possible issues with the frogs, I am guessing no.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:07 AM

Sometimes you have to put someone in the cage....

One of the things I teach is Military Standards and Enforcement.

Many years ago, to make an example, they would put a convict, usually a pirate, in a cage at the entrace to ports so persons understood the consequences of their actions.

Same thing could apply anywhere...even here. Make an example of a cheater or two.

Sometimes, you gotta put somebody in the cage....simple as that. An example simply must be made. Thats how you take care of it. Fear of repercusson is what keeps most folks honest. Toss up all that feel good into the air that you want, but we drive 55 when we see a cop because of fear, not a sense of right.

Lets put somebody in the cage....

Last edited by BigEvil; 04-28-2010 at 10:11 AM.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:09 AM

You don't like me? Blow me! -Dr. Dre
Old 04-28-2010, 10:16 AM

This poll should be closed, to much sarcasm and ranting
The devs got the point, next time, they wont ask the community .. and do what they like best, i would ..
Old 04-28-2010, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by butjer100 View Post
This poll should be closed, to much sarcasm and ranting
The devs got the point, next time, they wont ask the community .. and do what they like best, i would ..
You mean like they did with the wipe?

You don't like me? Blow me! -Dr. Dre
Old 04-28-2010, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mujahed View Post
Lmfao.

The Truth, is limitless in its range
if you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse it could Hurt
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: